this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Re: Unemployed

Postby supercharged turbo » January 14th, 2018, 3:01 pm

zoom rader wrote:
supercharged turbo wrote:
desifemlove wrote:Unemployment situation is largely due to bad career planning.
There is some merit in your statement
Nope that does not apply to trini. Desi is not a trni and does understand how trini works

We all know to get a job in trin someone has to know you. You can have all the papers and work experience but it boils down to who knows you.
That too but alot of people choosing the same careers as everybody else

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » January 14th, 2018, 7:36 pm

zoom rader wrote:
supercharged turbo wrote:
desifemlove wrote:Unemployment situation is largely due to bad career planning.
There is some merit in your statement
Nope that does not apply to trini. Desi is not a trni and does understand how trini works

We all know to get a job in trin someone has to know you. You can have all the papers and work experience but it boils down to who knows you.

this happens everywhere, dog. wit your foreign experience, you sould know that.

i know your country well enough to see that ojt was/is stacked, and people taking plenty sheit degrees with no prospects.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » January 14th, 2018, 7:40 pm

like people doing history, sociology, psychology, etc. degrees and balling there is no wuk. so what? T&T is a small economy, and won't have the scope of the US or Canada. major part of the unemployed issue is people who are underqualified, or make bad choices, and thus end up wit useless degrees. both governments stacked up OJT just to keep these people quiet, and get votes too.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » January 15th, 2018, 6:34 am

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 15th, 2018, 11:48 am

TriP wrote:TSTT to send home workers: More workers on the breadline for the New Year -- 2018

TSTT will be closing the doors to its 9 public offices, which is all in Trinidad only tobago remains functional . This displaces over 300 staff; with the promise of redeployment to most permanent staff and termination of service letters to the employment agency contracted staff with makes up about 80 percent of the public office staff.

This takes effect on the 31st of December leaving these staff members some with as much a 13 years service to the organisation on the breadline in the new year. (Juxtaposed with a sweet 10 million dollar payout to the Ceo and selected upper management is the rhetoric of "retail transformation " to serve the customers better and cut costs.)...

Went to pay my bill this morning at St. James Street, San Fernando. Whole office closed i.e. sales, cashiers, information...everything. Was directed to one of their "dealers" lower down the street. People were packed in like sardines, fuming and biting their tongue.

Sought out another "dealer" and with three people ahead of me it took half an hour to get to the solitary cashier. No cash payments either. To their credit they had a "hostess" disseminating information and guiding people accordingly...:|

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » January 17th, 2018, 1:38 pm

Nigel R. Khan Bookstore, has Closed Down in Tobago.

The Head office in Marabella has confirmed:

This is just one of at least 6 businesses which closed their doors in Tobago recently.

Just yesterday Ciao Cafe's owner told TV6, the cafe will be closing down in the coming weeks.
Attachments
26993521_10155072050271120_1996893741064670789_n.jpg

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » January 17th, 2018, 3:20 pm

TriP wrote:Just yesterday Ciao Cafe's owner told TV6, the cafe will be closing down in the coming weeks.

What what? Does that mean Ciao Pizza as well? :'(

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » January 19th, 2018, 11:28 am

http://jobstt.com/ 16th to 19th January 2018

Financial Accountant - Guardian Media
http://jobstt.com/display-job/47474/Fin ... .63&page=1

Handyman - Southern Medical Services Company Limited
http://jobstt.com/display-job/47602/Han ... .16&page=1

Vice Principal Hide this Job - The British Academy
http://jobstt.com/display-job/47470/Vic ... .53&page=1

Brand Manager - Wines - ANSA Distribution
http://jobstt.com/display-job/47441/Bra ... .97&page=1

BATCHING PLANT OPERATOR - WGM Limited
http://jobstt.com/display-job/47331/BAT ... .95&page=1

Driver - Standard Distributors
http://jobstt.com/display-job/47326/Dri ... .39&page=1

Graphic Designer - Forward Industries Limited (FIL)
http://jobstt.com/display-job/47325/Gra ... .35&page=1

Accounts Clerk - Five Islands Amusement Park
http://jobstt.com/display-job/47310/Acc ... .94&page=1

HSE Advisor - Stork
http://jobstt.com/display-job/47307/HSE ... .04&page=1

Assistant Accountant - Janouras
http://jobstt.com/display-job/47240/Ass ... .31&page=1

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » January 21st, 2018, 1:51 am

Just today im thinking about how i was fortunate to get a job.
Went and met some classmates, some of them doing pretty good some doing bad. I did auto service tech.
Fellas selling cloth, some working in grocery, got a few working in the car industry. some Doing construction.

My view?
all of us did the same thing in school, we all doing totally diff stuff now and working for almost the same thing.

the guy in construction working for more i think?

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 21st, 2018, 6:34 am

Those who have taken what some would consider to be a "bad job" may have been forced to do so to make ends meet. But in some respects that is a good thing. They have done what many others are ashamed to do and depending on how they handle the experience can be stronger for it.

There is dignity in all work yes, far better than taking the easy way out and becoming a criminal. Nuff respect to them... :!:

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » January 21st, 2018, 6:44 am

but then some max power guy who tinks cos he got big wuk, and i cannot cuss he ever (cos he's God and no human ever looks down him....ever....) cusses me for being not as good as he is, but then eases off the guys here who work in retail lol. i never have. but cool, "i cannot judge he.." when it's hardly against the law, despite his keen social pruning (looolol.)

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » January 22nd, 2018, 11:30 am

desifemlove wrote:but then some max power guy who tinks cos he got big wuk, and i cannot cuss he ever (cos he's God and no human ever looks down him....ever....) cusses me for being not as good as he is, but then eases off the guys here who work in retail lol. i never have. but cool, "i cannot judge he.." when it's hardly against the law, despite his keen social pruning (looolol.)

2 of 10 sacred words

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » January 22nd, 2018, 2:29 pm

Indarsingh: Retrenchment floodgates may have opened

http://newsday.co.tt/2018/01/22/indarsi ... ve-opened/

The reported retrenchment of over 200 jobs at the University of Trinidad and Tobago has caused Couva South MP Rudranath Indarsingh to wonder whether the Prime Minister's promise of a moratorium on public-sector job losses had ended.

Government had agreed to a moratorium until December 31, 2017, after a meeting with labour leaders last September.

In a telephone interview yesterday, Indarsingh, a minister in the Ministry of Finance and the Economy in the last UNC administration, said, “I am calling on Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley to clarify to the labour movement and also to all workers in the public sector and state enterprises whether the moratorium on job losses that he indicated will hold until December 31, 2017 has come to an end and the floodgates have been opened to the intended loss of 287 jobs at the University of Trinidad and Tobago.”

He said Petrotrin workers were also in “limbo” as some 2,000 workers may be put on the breadline by restructuring at the state-owned oil company.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » January 22nd, 2018, 3:02 pm

meanwhile, vacancies exist in the retail and food service trades, but 'eah I eh doin dat wuk / I eh wukkin shift / weekends / mall hours...'
There are jobs out there if you really want to do something.....even as elite said, 'convince yuh neighbours to wash their cars if yuh yaad has space...' There's a lot that's valid in his advice

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » January 24th, 2018, 6:18 am

unpopular view...but i have no sympathy for unemployed. people sheep, and do what dey partners do, and take no responsibility for sheit.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » January 24th, 2018, 6:21 am

HSA wrote:
desifemlove wrote:but then some max power guy who tinks cos he got big wuk, and i cannot cuss he ever (cos he's God and no human ever looks down him....ever....) cusses me for being not as good as he is, but then eases off the guys here who work in retail lol. i never have. but cool, "i cannot judge he.." when it's hardly against the law, despite his keen social pruning (looolol.)

2 of 10 sacred words

Cos telling random strangers about yuh big wuk is telling...ent?

or telling these strangers about how much they work and big positions....hahahahaahaha.... tell me why i need to care??! you doh know me or who i know, and they don't go on sites boasting about petty sheit lollloooooolol.

nice to see some grown men, insecure and sheit, doing this. nice to see yuh defending daran and smc wit dey questions/threads..lol.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » January 24th, 2018, 8:55 am

MG Man wrote:meanwhile, vacancies exist in the retail and food service trades, but 'eah I eh doin dat wuk / I eh wukkin shift / weekends / mall hours...'
There are jobs out there if you really want to do something.....even as elite said, 'convince yuh neighbours to wash their cars if yuh yaad has space...' There's a lot that's valid in his advice
finally and i don't forget ppl doing mess at their jobs with their foolish attitudes and values..ppl want to be unemployed.At the end is say make a hards day work and not to rob a man

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » January 25th, 2018, 2:43 am

Ted_v2 wrote:Just today im thinking about how i was fortunate to get a job.
Went and met some classmates, some of them doing pretty good some doing bad. I did auto service tech.
Fellas selling cloth, some working in grocery, got a few working in the car industry. some Doing construction.

My view?
all of us did the same thing in school, we all doing totally diff stuff now and working for almost the same thing.

the guy in construction working for more i think?

And you pose with big wukloool.

matthewmazda
Riding on 18's

Postby matthewmazda » January 25th, 2018, 2:49 am

you need some family in the industry, right now is all about connections

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 25th, 2018, 3:48 am

matthewmazda wrote:you need some family in the industry, right now is all about connections
It was always like this , it's called networking

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » January 25th, 2018, 6:42 am

Taxi better than working in a grocery eh, the money you go make whole day in a grocery you will only take a few hours making that in Taxi, assuming you have your own car.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » January 25th, 2018, 8:44 am

matthewmazda wrote:you need some family in the industry, right now is all about connections

rubbish
I've gotten decent jobs without any friend / family connection

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 25th, 2018, 9:11 am

MG Man wrote:

rubbish

TBH it has gotten easier getting jobs without connections as I matureD (gotten more experience and qualifications).
With 1-3 years experience it was pretty hard without at least knowing someone.

This is non energy related btw.

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » January 25th, 2018, 9:53 am

had screening happening for Municipal Police the other day, think have one coming up in Point Fortin.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » January 30th, 2018, 2:19 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:

rubbish

TBH it has gotten easier getting jobs without connections as I matureD (gotten more experience and qualifications).
With 1-3 years experience it was pretty hard without at least knowing someone.

This is non energy related btw.

yuh started as a scrunter......goodf for you

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » January 30th, 2018, 2:38 am

unemployment would go down a LOT if people did these things:

- not study sheit degrees
- get certs as well as degrees
- have a plan of what to do once graduating
- work in a good company
- have the balls to open a business or do something else
- don't just wuk OJT or government job

but apparently i cannot talk, coz i'm so worse off when i never wuked OJT in my life, unlike zeitgeist or whatever he call heself.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 30th, 2018, 3:16 am

desifemlove wrote:unemployment would go down a LOT if people did these things:

- not study sheit degrees
- get certs as well as degrees
- have a plan of what to do once graduating
- work in a good company
- have the balls to open a business or do something else
- don't just wuk OJT or government job

but apparently i cannot talk, coz i'm so worse off when i never wuked OJT in my life, unlike zeitgeist or whatever he call heself.
When you get off the dole then speak

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » January 30th, 2018, 9:34 am

- not study sheit degrees - Not all degrees are sh!t, just that people need to know how to be marketable i guess
- get certs as well as degrees - not necessarily, however, not every Tom, Dick and Harry need to have a degree, choose wisely
- have a plan of what to do once graduating - this really isn't that simple, people do take a while to find their niche
- work in a good company - this is irrelevant, everybody has to start somewhere, however, you should make sure you learn from wherever you work, and take the good training and ethics with you to the next job
- have the balls to open a business or do something else - not everybody wanna open a business, if everybody open does this, then who will work for you when you need workers?
- don't just wuk OJT or government job - this is nonsense, there are people who work government and do their own thing at the side and are very successful

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 30th, 2018, 11:41 am

dougla_boy wrote:

- not study sheit degrees - Not all degrees are sh!t, just that people need to know how to be marketable i guess
- get certs as well as degrees - not necessarily, however, not every Tom, Dick and Harry need to have a degree, choose wisely
- have a plan of what to do once graduating - this really isn't that simple, people do take a while to find their niche
- work in a good company - this is irrelevant, everybody has to start somewhere, however, you should make sure you learn from wherever you work, and take the good training and ethics with you to the next job
- have the balls to open a business or do something else - not everybody wanna open a business, if everybody open does this, then who will work for you when you need workers?
- don't just wuk OJT or government job - this is nonsense, there are people who work government and do their own thing at the side and are very successful

According to rspann, desi has a case of
Asperger syndrome.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » January 30th, 2018, 12:01 pm

a wise man once said: get a degree if it iz useful but mek sure u also learn a trade.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”