Forums

Local Paranormal Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jl6106
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Local Paranormal Thread

Postby jl6106 » September 28th, 2017, 5:54 am

Op what the both of you'll was talking about?

rrotsmannick
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rrotsmannick » September 28th, 2017, 10:17 am

Hmmmmmm..........
I believe there are things out there. Some people experience it in their life while some don't. I have a friend, his backyard has a lot of trees/bush. At nights he would often hear animals/insects making noises. One night he heard screaming and it did not sound human. When he looked outside he saw something black staring at him in the bushes and then it ran of. His bathroom is outside and i think that night, the man say when he had to go he use a bottle yes :shock:

I also had super natural experiences a few years ago with a girl. I think she use to do some kind of obeah or black magic or something. But the things that i experienced was not normal.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » September 28th, 2017, 10:26 am

u call it obeah.... i feel she just had the good good and u get hooked son.

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » September 28th, 2017, 4:01 pm

jl6106 wrote:Op what the both of you'll was talking about?

he was talking about when he used to work as a crane operator in dockside in 1971 and in 1977 they replace him with another guy because he was family with big shot people.. and some other things I can't remember but he stop talking in the middle of saying something and I say yeah and what happen? thats when turn around I realize he was gone.

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » September 28th, 2017, 11:05 pm

MrSennin wrote:When I was younger bout 8-9 I had a experience home by me, not sure is the spirit was malevolent or no but it was a tall humanoid figure in black that walk from one side of the house to the other. I was with two other people upstairs, we ran into a next room to hide and I blocked them from seeing it. The thing is that it knew where we were cuz it stop in the middle of the bed and watched in my direction for a bit and continued to talk on. Happen again when I was 12 when I was by myself.

I experience something similar around that age as well , more or less shadows sprinting from one side of the curtain to the next , very strange , think i tried to throw something at it while it sprinted across but nothing happened. When i moved to a different location it stopped .

MrSennin
Sweet on this forum

Postby MrSennin » September 29th, 2017, 6:14 am

Hmm interesting

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 29th, 2017, 11:07 pm

So what you all does be doing to have these entities by you? Obeah? Ouija? Charlie Charlie?

Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » September 30th, 2017, 12:36 pm

redmanjp wrote:So what you all does be doing to have these entities by you? Obeah? Ouija? Charlie Charlie?

Rural areas.. it have plenty bbeah people in grande..

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » September 30th, 2017, 1:03 pm

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:Few years ago when I was travelling home at around 11pm I see this oldish man in a white jersey and khaki pants walking down the road a good distance from me then when I bend the corner I catch him standing by the road taking a smoke and I pass him and say goodnight then he throw away his smoke and decided to walk with me so we was ole talking next thing you know the man just disappear and I turn around and shout aye boy wey you gone? i walk back a few metres to see where he gone.. after about 10 seconds looking around I just start running.. that was the fastest I ever reach home!

Puzzles me till this day because you would of heard it when he start running with rubber slippers...

Sorry, but this story sound so regurgitated, i've head this a million times, just in minor details changed up to suit the "story-teller"
That's why i cant take people serious with 99.9% of ghost stories.

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » September 30th, 2017, 1:37 pm

many ppl have seen a dog as large as the coconut trees in Manzanilla

MrSennin
Sweet on this forum

Postby MrSennin » September 30th, 2017, 1:40 pm

redmanjp wrote:So what you all does be doing to have these entities by you? Obeah? Ouija? Charlie Charlie?

Idk things does just happen and I in a housing community what here more than 35+years

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » September 30th, 2017, 2:49 pm

eurotuner wrote:
Sōsuke Aizen wrote:Few years ago when I was travelling home at around 11pm I see this oldish man in a white jersey and khaki pants walking down the road a good distance from me then when I bend the corner I catch him standing by the road taking a smoke and I pass him and say goodnight then he throw away his smoke and decided to walk with me so we was ole talking next thing you know the man just disappear and I turn around and shout aye boy wey you gone? i walk back a few metres to see where he gone.. after about 10 seconds looking around I just start running.. that was the fastest I ever reach home!

Puzzles me till this day because you would of heard it when he start running with rubber slippers...

Sorry, but this story sound so regurgitated, i've head this a million times, just in minor details changed up to suit the "story-teller"
That's why i cant take people serious with 99.9% of ghost stories.

Yuh does have to experience it yuhself to understand.. but ah feel somebody tell he that and he juss make it into his own story

This is ah true story eh.. it had this old woman next door to where ah used to rent back in 2002 and every other week around 2 in d morning she does start screaming, cussing.
Ah dunno wah was really going on but talk pass that she went somewhere ah few years ago and geh a bad spirit and that d pundit and them used to come every week to do they thing.. then it go be calm for a lil while then she go start back again.

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » September 30th, 2017, 5:10 pm

streetbeastINC. wrote:many ppl have seen a dog as large as the coconut trees in Manzanilla

prob just clifford...but dan seriously I aint doubt it nah

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » October 2nd, 2017, 3:11 pm

i once saw a monster hiding behind her bush...everytime the Rooster went near the monster ate it

now i have no more male chickens to reproduce...

cypher
Street 2NR

Postby cypher » October 2nd, 2017, 3:57 pm

twicedead2 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
twicedead2 wrote:demonic energies/entities recorded

Not necessarily demonic which would imply like fallen angels, perhaps just a lost soul who hasn't crossed over so to speak.

ghosts don't exist, the essence (human spirit) of a person goes back to god after a person dies. This is a common problem found in society today. Demons can and do change there appearance to fool gullible mankind. They promote confusion and try to deceive in order to gain doorway or acceptance into a person's life by using something familiar and when a person may be grieving or missing someone.

Well said!!! Many people are fooled into believing that dead people remain around.

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » October 9th, 2017, 10:19 pm

Have a demon living on my roof.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 9th, 2017, 10:24 pm

Had a demon for a boss

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » October 9th, 2017, 10:37 pm

PariaMan wrote:Had a demon for a boss

Female?

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 10th, 2017, 6:03 am

Of course

STORM1234
Riding on 17's

Postby STORM1234 » July 14th, 2018, 3:53 pm

delete
Last edited by STORM1234 on September 6th, 2018, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 14th, 2018, 10:39 pm

Money have to pass for that help?

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » July 14th, 2018, 11:26 pm

I've had a couple "weird" instances over the course of life:

As a kid when me and my cousins slept at my grandparents'' house in the beach in milford bay, at night we would hear small noises, creaks like someone was walking on the wooden floor but nobody else was moving... we didn't quite understand it. But the house was an 18th century house that had slaves locked away below it in those times etc. Just today in fact, my younger cousin and I was talking about it... and as she who lived in the house for a while said the same thing... even seeing apparitions from time to time.

- I can remember another one where after my grandmother died, I would sleep with a bible next to me. one night I woke up and felt the bed sinking to my side... which I found strange. And in the light (I hated the dark so we always had a pretty bright light in the room) I noticed to my side that there was an impression in the bed... as if someone was lying on their back right next to the bible. I kinda freaked a lil but said it was probably granny who was comforting cause I was quite distraught for a time about her death.

-One other instance I can remember back in 2007, coming home from work, entered through the kitchen and just grabbed something out of the fridge, turned off the lights, then went to my room to change. About 5 minutes later, I heard the blender come on for no reason. Ran out thinking why my old man would start the damn blender this hour of the night (11pm) and then realized... he was in his room asleep. When I got to the blender, the switch was fully pressed. Nobody else was in the house. THAT freaked the living daylights outta me.

Yet again a year I was driving back home from drags in Bacolet in those days... it was really late and rain had fallen. Was passing back at an infamous spot that many died at Bishop's high school tobago walkover. There was always talk about a spirit that causes people to crash or die there but I never really paid much attention to it. A friend who drove there one night said as he passed the walkover, there was an apparition that seemed to reach into the car as he drove through it... it shared the crap outta him and he didn't even want to drive back that way to go back home. He was the only person on the road... as I was. There was a mist like fog... and just as he, as I reached the walkover, an apparition appeared standing in the mist. Scared the crap outta me, but I just hammered the accelerator, gripped the steering wheel and just pushed straight through while watching this thing head on. Luckily nothing happened but every time I drive there alone I am mindful of that happening.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » July 14th, 2018, 11:42 pm

^^^
Why the fork did I just read that

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » July 15th, 2018, 12:57 am

matix wrote:^^^
Why the fork did I just read that

That is small thing. Imagine seeing the old Rambachand in the night. That is demon.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 15th, 2018, 1:19 am

MISHI wrote:I've had a couple "weird" instances over the course of life:

As a kid when me and my cousins slept at my grandparents'' house in the beach in milford bay, at night we would hear small noises, creaks like someone was walking on the wooden floor but nobody else was moving... we didn't quite understand it. But the house was an 18th century house that had slaves locked away below it in those times etc. Just today in fact, my younger cousin and I was talking about it... and as she who lived in the house for a while said the same thing... even seeing apparitions from time to time.

- I can remember another one where after my grandmother died, I would sleep with a bible next to me. one night I woke up and felt the bed sinking to my side... which I found strange. And in the light (I hated the dark so we always had a pretty bright light in the room) I noticed to my side that there was an impression in the bed... as if someone was lying on their back right next to the bible. I kinda freaked a lil but said it was probably granny who was comforting cause I was quite distraught for a time about her death.

-One other instance I can remember back in 2007, coming home from work, entered through the kitchen and just grabbed something out of the fridge, turned off the lights, then went to my room to change. About 5 minutes later, I heard the blender come on for no reason. Ran out thinking why my old man would start the damn blender this hour of the night (11pm) and then realized... he was in his room asleep. When I got to the blender, the switch was fully pressed. Nobody else was in the house. THAT freaked the living daylights outta me.

Yet again a year I was driving back home from drags in Bacolet in those days... it was really late and rain had fallen. Was passing back at an infamous spot that many died at Bishop's high school tobago walkover. There was always talk about a spirit that causes people to crash or die there but I never really paid much attention to it. A friend who drove there one night said as he passed the walkover, there was an apparition that seemed to reach into the car as he drove through it... it shared the crap outta him and he didn't even want to drive back that way to go back home. He was the only person on the road... as I was. There was a mist like fog... and just as he, as I reached the walkover, an apparition appeared standing in the mist. Scared the crap outta me, but I just hammered the accelerator, gripped the steering wheel and just pushed straight through while watching this thing head on. Luckily nothing happened but every time I drive there alone I am mindful of that happening.

like Tobago need an exorcist

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » July 15th, 2018, 1:53 am

Like you never hear bout Lex Coteaux stories... lol

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 15th, 2018, 7:30 am

MISHI wrote:Like you never hear bout Lex Coteaux stories... lol

Only from JUHN Scarfy and Young Bronto. :lol: :lol:
Leggo ting nah!

STORM1234
Riding on 17's

Postby STORM1234 » July 15th, 2018, 4:32 pm

delete
Last edited by STORM1234 on September 6th, 2018, 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

STORM1234
Riding on 17's

Postby STORM1234 » July 15th, 2018, 4:33 pm

maj. tom wrote:Money have to pass for that help?

nope.

dineshb316
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dineshb316 » July 16th, 2018, 2:57 am

http://www.tntisland.com/folklore.html

Folklore

Superstitions and Folklore Characters in Trinidad & Tobago well be similar to other Caribbean countries with slight variations in name of the character.

Churile (pronounced Choo-ryle)

A churile is the spirit of a pregnant woman who died during childbirth, or committed suicide during pregnancy. She is depicted by long, unbound, disheveled hair streaming over her face. Dressed in white, she carries her fetus in her arms. In the dead of the night, she wails sorrowfully as her unborn child cries for milk like a cat.

A churile is in eternal grief since she lost her child. A churile's victim is a pregnant woman, who she follows and possesses out of envy. Her attacks on women take the form of miscarriages, even among those in her former household. A churile also attacks her former husband through the onset of sickness. She would seek revenge if he had abused her during their marriage, and if he had neglected or neglects the children she had borne for him when she was human.

Congo Brown

When beaten by the Slave Master, he transferred all the lashes to the Slave Master's wife.

Dee Baba (pronounced Dee Bah-bah)

Dee Baba is perceived as the protector of the land from dangerous forces. Some sources state that he takes the form of a white man on a black horse. This man resembles a colonial slave master who rides on a horse through a sugarcane plantation. He has a whip in one hand and a chain in the other. Other sources claim that Dee Baba takes the form of either a black rooster or a black dog.

The spirit of Dee Baba is fed once a year (usually in January) or periodically. He is given biscuits (salted crackers), salted butter, white rum, lit cigarettes and a burning deya (clay lamp) or candle on a sohari leaf (similar to a banana leaf) in the bushes. This type of offering is called sadaa (vegetarian). Non-vegetarian devotees offer canned sardines or a black Rooster (rooster), or a goat or a hog (pig). This type of offering is called satwick (non-vegetarian).

These offerings are made mainly by farmers who would pray to reap an abundant harvest and prevent thieves from stealing their crops. Property owners also make offerings to Dee Baba to protect their house and land from envious neighbours and competing relatives. Others make sacrifices to Dee Baba to obtain health and happiness.

Douens

Douens (Dwens) are the souls of children who have died before they were baptized. They are doomed to roam the earth forever. They are seen playing in forests and near rivers and the odd thing about them is that they have no faces and their feet are turned backwards. They may approach children and lead them astray in the forest until they are lost, or they may come near people's houses at night, crying and whimpering.

Old people talk: To prevent the Douens from calling your children into the forest at dusk, never shout their names in open places, as the Duennes will take their names, call them and lure them away.

Duppies

Duppies are ghosts that roam the earth at night. It is said that to keep duppies out of your house you must either sprinkle salt or rice grains all around the house; as the duppy must first count each individual grain before entering. By which time the sun will have arisen and they must then return to the spirit world.

Gang Gang Sara

Gang Gang Sara (Tobago Folklore by Alice & Gerard Besson) - The legend of Gang Gang Sara, the African witch of Golden Lane, has its origins in the latter half of the 18th century. On a stormy night she was blown from her home in Africa across the sea to Tobago and landed quite safely at the village of Les Coteaux. From there she journeyed to Golden Lane in search of her family who had long ago been transported there. She lived to a great age and is remembered for her wisdom and kindness. She became the loving wife of Tom, whom legend says she had known as a child in her native Africa. She lived to a great age and is remembered for her wisdom. After her Tom had died, wishing to return to her native land, she climbed a great silk cotton tree and tried to fly, not knowing that she had lost the art of flight as a result of having eaten salt. To this day the names of Tom and Sara can be seen inscribed upon the head stones of their graves where they have lain side by side for close upon two hundred years.

Jacakalantan

The Jacakalantan is said to be a mysterious light that appears and attracts people, misleading the unwary into desolate areas far away from their intended destinations. And then vanishes.

Jumbies (Ghosts/Phantoms)

Jumbies are mischievous or malevolent spirit or creature.

La Diablesse

La Diablesse (Lajables), the Devil Woman, roames at night. She has eyes like burning coals and a face resembling that of a corpse, but hides it under a beautiful wide-brimmed hat and a veil over her face. She is dressed exquisitely in a blouse with puffy sleeves and long, petticoated, skirts. She has one cloven foot, which she tries to hide under her long skirts. She turns up at village dances, where she is immediately disliked by the women present, but she utterly charms the men and then asks one of them to take her home. He follows her, totally under her spell. She leads him deep into the woods and then suddenly she disappears. Unable to find his way home, the poor fellow stumbles around in the dark wood until he either falls into a ravine or a river to his death or gets attacked by wild hogs.

Old people talk: If you feel you may encounter a La Diablesse on your way home, take off all your clothes, turn them inside out and put them on again, and this will surely protect you from a La Diablesse.

Local Legends

Local Legends also play a great part in the oral traditions of Tobago. There was the story of Sandy, who led the first slave rebellion in Tobago. This is known as the Belmana Riots that took place in the village of Roxborough.

Another legend is Fisherman Brush, who claimed to have gone to jail ninety nine (99) times for stick fighting.

Lugarhoo

A Lugarhoo (Lagahoo or Loup Garou) is a person who can change themselves into a half animal from the torso down; and can also alter its size from tiny to very large in an instant. This is done at night as it rattles and drags chains and carries in its hand a whip-like bunch of dried sticks and reeds.

Old people talk: If you want to see a lugarhoo and not be seen by it, take some yampee from the corner of a dog's eye, put it in your eye and peep out of a key hole at 12 midnight.

Mama Glow or Mama Dlo or Mama Dglo

"Mama Glow" or "Mama Dlo" or "Mama Dglo" whose name is derived from the French "maman de l' eau" which means "mother of the water" is one of the lesser known personalities of Trinidad and Tobago folklore. A half woman, half snake with long flowing hairwhich she combs constantly. Her upper torso is a naked, beautiful woman, the lower part coils into a large form of an anaconda snake that is hidden beneath the water. She is sometimes thought to be the lover of Papa Bois, and old hunters tell stories of coming upon them in the 'High Woods'. They also tell of hearing a loud, cracking sound which is said to be the sound made by her tail as she snaps it on the surface of a mountain pool or a still lagoon. Mortal men who commit crimes against the forest, like burning down trees or indiscriminately putting animals to death or fouling the rivers could find themselves married to her for life, both this one and the one to follow. Sometimes she takes the form of a beautiful woman 'singing silent songs on still afternoons, sitting at the water's edge in the sunlight, lingering for a golden moment, a flash of green - gone. Nothing but a big Morte Bleu, rising in the sun beams.

Old people talk: "Did you see a fish jump?" "Yes, but it did not go back in again!" If you were to meet Mama Dlo in the forest and wish to escape her, take off your left shoe, turn it upside down and immediately leave the scene, walking backwards until you reach home.

Mermaids and Fairymaids

Mermaids and Fairymaids (Tobago Folklore) - There be mermaids here and Leviathan, great denizens of the deep. Amongst the swirling currents and white capped blue-green waters, just where the Caribbean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean, close by St. Giles and near to Misty Marble Island, past Anse Gouleme and Anse Brisant, towards the Bird of Paradise Island and down the coast past Speyside to Fat Hog Bay, it is remembered from long ago that this was where the mermaids came to play.

Tobago mermaids are male and live in the deep, deep sea. They mate with the fairy maids of the rivers and the secret mountain pools. Riding upon the crest of waves, they are handsome men like kings of old or warriors of long ago, beplumed and richly garbed. They may grant a wish, transform mediocrity into genius and confer wealth and power. Sometimes the water people seek relationships with mortals. Some men are particularly attractive to the fairy maids, especially men with smooth skin.

Fairymaids are said to be beautiful with long lush hair and one tiny foot in the shape of a deer's hoof, she may use her power to "turn" a man's head. She may steal his shadow and leave him quite demented. In which case, accompanied by friends and family and with the help of a "workman", he must go to the river and address the water pleading for the restoration of his lost shadow. This done, he must leave the water's edge and not look back. Fairymaids may be found in caves behind waterfalls or beneath certain bridges where the river runs deep and swift. In days gone by, they were seen near certain water wheels. To discontinue a relationship with a fairy queen, offerings of two pairs of shoes must be made. The first must be burnt on the beach, the fairymaid will then rise out of the water and ask if she is to be paid for past services. The answer must be "nothing but this pair of shoes". The second must then be thrown into the waves.

Papa Bois

Papa Bois, also called Maitre Bois, lives in the forest and he is the father or protector of the animals that live there. He is often seen by hunters and other people who live near the forest. He gets animals out of snares and treats sick animals at his dwelling. He is an old man who is very hairy, like an animal and usually is only dressed in a pair of ragged trousers with a bamboo horn hanging from his belt. He can turn himself into the form of a large stag or any other animal as well to be able to observe the hunters unnoticed. He is usually very kind, but can be dangerous when crossed. He might even cast a spell on a bad hunter and turn him into a wild hog.

Silk Cotton Trees

Silk Cotton trees are regarded with a kind of awed reverance and fear. These are huge trees. It is reported to be very difficult to be able to find someone who will cut down a silk cotton tree as they are said to be the home of spirits and duppies. To cut it down is to free them to roam the earth.

Soucouyant

The Soucouyant (Sukuya), also called Old Hag, is a supernatural being who has made a pact with the devil to be able to change herself into all kinds of different forms. At night she sheds her human skin and changes into a ball of fire or any kind of animal and casts spells on people to turn them into animals also, but she has to slip back into that skin before dawn breaks and the Rooster crows, otherwise she will not be able to get back into it. So it may happen, that, when people suspect that an old woman neighbour of theirs is, in fact, a soucouyant, they may trick her by going to her house at night and destroying the skin she left behind by putting salt on it so that it will shrink and she will not be able to get back into it and thus die. In Trinidad, if somebody walks around with a "hicky" (soukie) on his neck, he may get remarks from his friends like: " Eh, Eh, Soucoyant suck yuh or wha ? "

Old people talk: If you wish to discover who the Soucouyant in your village is empty 100 lbs of rice at the village crossroads where she will be compelled to pick them up, one grain at a time - that is how you'll know the Soucouyant.

Wawa Douglas

A Tobago folklore legend is 'believed to possess supernatural powers'

Witchdoctors

Witchdoctors, or as they are known in Trinidad, Obeah men, are said to abound. It is said that you can visit one to have any manner of spell performed to grant your desires. It is thought that curses are powerful and can be cast by anyone. Even your neighbour may put the evil eye or MalYeux(Maljo) on you. Any discomfort, hardship or illness may be attributed to this. It can supposedly be warded off by placing blue bottles around your property and by wearing bracelets or anklets made of Jumbie beads.(a little black and red bead found growing on certain bushes.)

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”