kstt
Riding on 16's

Re: The Treasury empty but we spending on

Postby kstt » July 23rd, 2018, 8:08 pm

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » July 23rd, 2018, 8:09 pm

Come to think of it, would you fight an election to be in government with an empty Treasury?!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 23rd, 2018, 8:36 pm

^^ ding ding. the empty treasury wasn't a statement, it was a promise.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 23rd, 2018, 9:23 pm

kstt wrote:https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/two-new-ferries-coming/article_da2a455a-8e8d-11e8-9931-d7726a49b2c2.html

10-1 dese incompetent skunts get rid of a ferry before a new one arrives a la Galleon's Passage.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » July 24th, 2018, 12:16 am

De Dragon wrote:Yet almost 3 years later, it is still "not operational?" Whose fault is that? The PNM grudgingly talked some sheit about public/private partnership for running of the hospital, so whatever issues are not insurmountable it seems. It can't be money, because sod was turned for hospitals in Arima and Pt. Fortin. Then again, the same $1B was spent on a non-ICC accredited stadium, which took 12 years to build, so the priorities for this PNM Government are crystal clear.

What madness I reading here this hour? :lol: Hoss, my comment was a direct response to le Honorables comment above, eh. So, the fact that you had to reach back to the Manning administration to find ammo says it all. That would be like me blaming Kams for sins under the Panday era UNC.... which is something that wouldn't be fair? But cool.

3 years? You sure? Structural engineers in late 2016 advised the government that the main block of the POSGH (housing 400 beds) was structurally unsound and unsafe, which made them reconsider the purpose of the Couva hospital. The Prime minister then held a meeting with the Opposition leader on the issue of the opening of the hospital as a matter requiring urgent attention. A committee was set up chaired by the former Permanent Secretary to evaluate proposals on the management of the facility. The cabinet still hadn't received a full report until late 2017. So, what would you have had them do? It's still better than rushing to hoodwink gullible voters with a Billion dollar pappy show by pretending you have a fully functioning facility during an election run up? :lol: Like I said, I'm just trying to be fair here. Where Rows deserves licks and criticism, I'm for it. I'm just not willing to join the demonizers, haters, nitpickers and hysterics, because "they eh like" Rowley and/or have tribal inclinations. I just cyar do it.

They were attempting to garner private sector help but the response was underwhelming. They're even asking the Indian government for help.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2018-04- ... a-hospital

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 25th, 2018, 4:35 pm

shogun wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Yet almost 3 years later, it is still "not operational?" Whose fault is that? The PNM grudgingly talked some sheit about public/private partnership for running of the hospital, so whatever issues are not insurmountable it seems. It can't be money, because sod was turned for hospitals in Arima and Pt. Fortin. Then again, the same $1B was spent on a non-ICC accredited stadium, which took 12 years to build, so the priorities for this PNM Government are crystal clear.

What madness I reading here this hour? :lol: Hoss, my comment was a direct response to le Honorables comment above, eh. So, the fact that you had to reach back to the Manning administration to find ammo says it all. That would be like me blaming Kams for sins under the Panday era UNC.... which is something that wouldn't be fair? But cool.

3 years? You sure? Structural engineers in late 2016 advised the government that the main block of the POSGH (housing 400 beds) was structurally unsound and unsafe, which made them reconsider the purpose of the Couva hospital. The Prime minister then held a meeting with the Opposition leader on the issue of the opening of the hospital as a matter requiring urgent attention. A committee was set up chaired by the former Permanent Secretary to evaluate proposals on the management of the facility. The cabinet still hadn't received a full report until late 2017. So, what would you have had them do? It's still better than rushing to hoodwink gullible voters with a Billion dollar pappy show by pretending you have a fully functioning facility during an election run up? :lol: Like I said, I'm just trying to be fair here. Where Rows deserves licks and criticism, I'm for it. I'm just not willing to join the demonizers, haters, nitpickers and hysterics, because "they eh like" Rowley and/or have tribal inclinations. I just cyar do it.

They were attempting to garner private sector help but the response was underwhelming. They're even asking the Indian government for help.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2018-04- ... a-hospital

The Manning "reach back" as you put it was simply to compare dollar for dollar values bro, so calm down. The fact is that the Couva hospital is ready for use, and the GORTT is sitting with their thumbs up their arses, doing nothing, while professing that hundreds of local medical staff have no place to occupy in the hospitals because of lack of vacancies.
All this while plunging ahead with not one, but two hospitals in Arima, and Point Fortin. Maybe the seat where each hospital lies is the decider?

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » August 5th, 2018, 11:53 am

Kamla bought these OPVs

https://m.facebook.com/621931181194075/ ... &source=43

Now Rowley want to buy these??????????

https://newsday.co.tt/2018/08/02/coast- ... s35m-each/

Yet the Coast Guard does NOTHING in terms of interdiction of MILLION DOLLAR cocaine shipments!!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 5th, 2018, 1:29 pm

The hospital will take in excess of $50m to remedy the structural faults to bring it up to occupancy scratch...

guardian wrote: Rowley: Couva Hospital coming on stream soon

Patients must pay for services

Radhica Sookraj
Published:
Tuesday, April 24, 2018

If no suitable operator is found for the Couva Hospital by the end of this month, it will be incorporated into T&T’s national health care system as the country’s first paying health care institution, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley told members of the T&T Diaspora yesterday.

Addressing nationals on his last day in London following the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting, Rowley said T&T was embarking on a new thrust in health tourism.

Rowley said the Couva Hospital will offer state-of-the art health care once it is opened and unlike other national health institutions - it will charge a fee to patients.

“We are trying to enter the area of health and health tourism. Suffice to say, I have given Parliament the assurance that we have until the end of this month to get Requests For Proposals for the Couva Hospital and if we do not get a suitable operator we will give that hospital into the national health care system,” Rowley said during the event, which was streamed live from the Office of the Prime Minister’s Facebook page.

The hospital, which was one of the People’s Partnership’s flagship projects, was promoted by the former prime minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar as the avenue to boost health tourism in T&T.

Saying his Government was committed to boosting health tourism yesterday, Rowley said, “We are in the process of creating a new model of health care. In support of what we have now, we will also be offering cutting edge technology for the people of T&T and elsewhere to access the services at the Couva Hospital for a fee of course.”

He told the audience they too could give back to their homeland by providing services to the hospital.

Last Friday, Rowley invited India Prime Minister Narendra Modi to offer opportunities to health care professionals to contribute to training at the Couva Hospital by teaching traditional Indian medicine, which is over 3,000 years old. Modi pledged to offer assistance in the areas of information communication technology (ICT), energy and pharmaceuticals. Rowley also offered opportunities to India in the areas of tourism, health care and agriculture. He also requested aviation training for local helicopter pilots as well as direct air transport.

Contacted for comment yesterday, Oropouche MP Dr Roodal Moonilal said: “Our investment into health care was premised on using the health care sector for health tourism and as a serious revenue generating sector for foreign exchange. This is why we expanded the San Fernando Teaching Hospital and completed the Couva Hospital. What Dr Rowley speaks about is nothing new as we have been talking about this for three years now, while the hospital is overrun with carailli vine and there are snakes, scorpions and centipedes inside,” Moonilal said, adding they were getting information the SFTH and Couva Hospital were being stripped of equipment and furniture.

He also called on Rowley to say whether they are in discussions with the Canadian government to lease the Couva Hospital to the discredited SNC Lavalin, a Canadian firm embroiled in corruption, bid rigging and bribery allegations. The United National Congress had cut ties with SNC Lavalin in 2013 after the T&T Guardian exclusively broke the story involving the tainted company and its ties to the UNC in the proposed construction of the Penal hospital and rehabilitation centre.

it have nutten in news about repairing any fault, only the setta rah rah rah on the podium with them saying it will fall down. Any serious talks about it was about looking for partners, becoming a teaching hospital and paying for services.

Growler say it coming soon.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 5th, 2018, 1:34 pm

The deal with interhealth fell through because the company was mired in allegations of corruption.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 5th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Growlers drop the ball here. If the place overrun with carraile vines. Wait till it bear and sell in Penal wholesale market. Could plant some bodi too

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 4th, 2018, 6:56 pm

Billion+ dollar payout to close down Petrotrin

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 4th, 2018, 7:16 pm

feeding marlene

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 5th, 2018, 11:39 am

I thought she was getting protein shakes from Burke?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 6th, 2018, 8:09 am

8 million to re-do the Tobago port so the boat can dock, yet they FIRed a Chinese company in Trinidad on a NAtional Project and now local companies being OWed MILLIONS that still cant be paid for over a year now!
Our politishitians really know how to tief in plain sight with arrogance.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 7th, 2018, 6:49 pm

^^^Notice how the Red and Ready dum dums disappear when these things are flagged

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 8th, 2018, 1:45 am

Well ah mean, if Sh!tkicker could get ah Benz...

New BMW for THA Chief Secretary
Kinnesha George 2 Hrs Ago

Asked about his brand-new BMW Li740, Tobago House of Assembly (THA) Chief Secretary Kelvin Charles replied: “Act 40 of 1996. Tell me what that act says and then we’ll have a conversation again. Have a conversation with the Chief Admin. No comment.”

During Wednesday’s weekly post-Executive Council media briefing, reporters attempted to get more information, but his responses were very vague.

A press release from his office on Thursday, said the car was bought for $777,817.33 to replace the previous one, which was more than six years old, having been acquired in 2012.

“The THA made the decision to replace the Chief Secretary’s official vehicle after considering its age, continued maintenance issues, and the security requirements for the Chief Secretary,” the release read.

It added that the purchase is in keeping with Section 16 of the THA Act 40 of 1996.

“The salary, allowances and other conditions of service of the Chief Secretary shall be equal to that of a Minister, except that the State shall provide the Chief Secretary with the following: (a) an official residence in lieu of a housing allowance; (b) an official car in lieu of a travelling allowance; (c) appropriate security services.”

Chief Administrator Raye Sandy said replacing the car was an administrative decision.

“We considered the age of the previous (Chief Secretary’s) vehicle, and the maintenance needs of a vehicle of that age,” Sandy said.

Sandy said the THA considered a number of options and made a selection after seeking advice on the security requirements for the Chief Secretary and other pertinent issues.

“I must also highlight the distinction between the vehicles for official use by the Chief Secretary, and the vehicles that serve the Office of the Chief Secretary.

“In keeping with those security requirements, two vehicles are assigned to the Chief Secretary. The vehicle that has been replaced has since been added to the Office of the Chief Secretary’s fleet of vehicles,” Sandy said.

Commenting on the issue, Minority Leader Watson Duke told Newsday that the Chief Secretary “is devoid of understanding when it comes to good governance.”

He said he could not understand “what one man is doing with three vehicles assigned to him. It is not like they are trying to sell one and it cannot be sold, or like they are trying to sell two and it cannot be sold – no, all three. I have no problem with that…but at least be a man, be a good Chief Secretary and give a good explanation as to why and how you intend to use them. Don’t just brush the question aside or operate like the question does not operate in the minds of the public,” he said.

Minority Councillor Dr Faith BYisrael called on the Chief Secretary and Prime Minister to take their own advice, saying the Office of the Chief Secretary, like the Prime Minister, has been repeating to the nation the need to tighten belts.

“It is therefore suspicious that the Office of the Chief Secretary would then purchase a vehicle worth over $700,000, when there are other, cheaper options available, and when there are several THA members of staff who have not received salaries; who are still being owed their gratuity; when there are projects that cannot proceed because there is no building material; when there are schools using portable toilets because the THA does not have the money,” she said.

BYisrael described the Chief Secretary as arrogant, adding that “he proves that he is not accountable to the people who elected him.

“What is also frustrating,” she added, “is the Chief Secretary’s response when questioned about the purchase.

“He seemed to be chastising members of the media when they asked, again showing that he does now believe that he is accountable to the citizens who elected him.

“His response of ‘no comment,’ and, when pressed, referring all questions to the Chief Administrator ,shows a level of arrogance that is unbecoming of a leader, particularly a leader in these economic times.”

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 8th, 2018, 5:55 am

Here I am with the mindset that a 4 year old car is practically brand new. I not thinking sawatee enough.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 8th, 2018, 6:17 am

when in Rome

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 8th, 2018, 7:07 am

Lol yuh never see the video where moonilal say that 4 year old bmw does get sick and it better yuh replace it than fix it

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 8th, 2018, 7:22 am

With the minister vehicle tax break,.. not one of them said its unfair... all ah Dem avoids the vehicle tax.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 8th, 2018, 10:51 pm

Maybe Orville London left fluids and stains in it? He should look to JUHN Scarfy for advice on how to buy a million dollar car while exhorting pleb citizens to "peel cassava" and "tighten yuh belt".

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 9th, 2018, 2:18 am

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 9th, 2018, 3:12 am

JUHN Scarfy could only fool dotish PNM sheep with that 5000 job figure, which is certainly the peak figure at construction. What he needs to tell us is how many permanent jobs will be created if and when this project materializes.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 9th, 2018, 6:49 am

Completion depends on If they take the stadium approach or the hospital approach

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 9th, 2018, 6:50 am

Sumting goebbels say that sticking out, clearing house for Chinese currency?

If the more business oriented person can clarify that s bit...

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 9th, 2018, 7:59 am

Allyuh really feel that finishing by 2020?

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » September 9th, 2018, 8:15 am

And after the PRC will own it

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » September 9th, 2018, 9:23 am

I wonder if the current govt aware of how China operates via these loans and projects. I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. But that means they knowingly selling out our country.

And it looking like we trying hard to get the US vex with we

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 9th, 2018, 11:41 am

Check out Highway 2000 in Jamaica
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_2000

Highway_2000_Portmore_to_Kingston_T_Junction.jpg
Highway_2000_Portmore_to_Kingston_T_Junction.jpg (18.74 KiB) Viewed 3249 times

Highway 2000 is a highway connecting Kingston, with Montego Bay and Ocho Rios, passing through the parishes of St. Catherine, Saint Ann, Manchester and proposed sections through St. James, Saint Elizabeth, Westmoreland, Hanover. The highway is operated by the Jamaica Infrastructure Operators and developed by Trans-Jamaica Highway Limited through contractors CHEC and Bouygues Construction.

China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd (CHEC) is an engineering contractor and a subsidiary of China Communications Construction Company (CCCC), providing infrastructure construction, such as marine engineering, dredging and reclamation, road and bridge, railways, airports and plant construction. It is the second largest dredging company in the world, carrying out projects in Asia, Africa, and Europe.

The have an office in T&T at 5th Floor, TATIL Building, Maraval Road, Port of Spain.

From what i understand of the project they did in Jamaica, the toll road is operated and the road and verges maintained by the Chinese. It was a finance, build, earn project. The Chinese however now own the land of and around the highway and they got some pieces of prime land on the north coast of Jamaica to fulfill the settlement of the expense.

battosai
Street 2NR

Postby battosai » September 9th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”