Forums

Petrotrin update

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Petrotrin update

Postby De Dragon » March 18th, 2019, 4:49 pm

Can anything else be expected from these incompetents? He said, she said. Really? With an asset so vital to the very lives of hundreds of thousands of citizens?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 18th, 2019, 5:37 pm

De Dragon wrote:Can anything else be expected from these incompetents? He said, she said. Really? With an asset so vital to the very lives of hundreds of thousands of citizens?

The man say the RFP was "inadvertently issued" :lol:

That process does go through several people for research, then a next set people to advertise. Is a box of biscuit dey recalling?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 18th, 2019, 6:17 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Can anything else be expected from these incompetents? He said, she said. Really? With an asset so vital to the very lives of hundreds of thousands of citizens?

The man say the RFP was "inadvertently issued" :lol:

That process does go through several people for research, then a next set people to advertise. Is a box of biscuit dey recalling?

They count on illiteracy to survive. :roll:

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » March 19th, 2019, 10:04 am

All of this because the fake oil and the involved people could get away without being prosecuted to the full extent of the law? :evil:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 19th, 2019, 10:31 am

Ben_spanna wrote:All of this because the fake oil and the involved people could get away without being prosecuted to the full extent of the law?

:ughug: :ughug: :snipersmile: :fist: 0X :mrgreen: :wiggle: :elephant: :pwned: :pwned:

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 19th, 2019, 12:30 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:All of this because the fake oil and the involved people could get away without being prosecuted to the full extent of the law? :evil:

no
Because if that was properly ventilated and properly investigated......elections would have called and Govt would have fallen.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 19th, 2019, 8:36 pm

Redman wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:All of this because the fake oil and the involved people could get away without being prosecuted to the full extent of the law? :evil:

no
Because if that was properly ventilated and properly investigated......elections would have called and Govt would have fallen.

Pray tell us unwashed masses how it wasn't "properly investigated?"
A true leader would have admitted to having a serious conflict of interest condemned the theft, but JUHN Scarfy actively defends his "friend" by calling him when the scandal broke.
Unless you're using the PNM yardstick of how EmailGate was investigated, you're talking through your PNM arse again.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » March 19th, 2019, 8:59 pm

So who are they going to sell it to? Patriotic???

Or is this just incompetence or some sort of bizarre political show?
Or does Espinet have an interest in buying?

How are the Petrotrin workers feeling/coping?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 19th, 2019, 9:27 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:So who are they going to sell it to? Patriotic???

Or is this just incompetence or some sort of bizarre political show?
Or does Espinet have an interest in buying?

How are the Petrotrin workers feeling/coping?

They will sell it to whoever profits THEM the most. Frankly, OWTU would run a refinery into the ground.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 20th, 2019, 7:13 am

I was shocked at the interview in the Sunday express where Espinet saying I buy ,I sell ,I ,I,I.......like if it's his personal company.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » March 20th, 2019, 7:54 am

rspann wrote:I was shocked at the interview in the Sunday express where Espinet saying I buy ,I sell ,I ,I,I.......like if it's his personal company.
Glad someone else saw that also...

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 20th, 2019, 8:52 am

Talk is they might lease everything out. The way a certain company talking is like they know what coming.

No new wells were drilled, what expanding they talking about?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 20th, 2019, 9:03 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Talk is they might lease everything out. The way a certain company talking is like they know what coming.

No new wells were drilled, what expanding they talking about?

The PNM speak a language that only appeals to, and convinces Tokesy, eliteauto and Redman types, they don't really care about you and your facts and logic.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 20th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Right now almost the whole damn oilfield down. No workover done as no rigs working.

They have no materials bought to do maintenance either.

Most of who they bring back under kenson were the same idiots that run it into the ground. (in some departments at least). I cant say for production cuz it have some young bright guys in there that actually do their jobs.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 20th, 2019, 9:27 pm

'low me a bit here. ent we exploration and extraction supposed to be working, and they made some profitable and boast worthy sales of crude, since the reopening of new petrotrin?

how can u say the oilfeilds down?

i dont understand how this whole thing is set up.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 20th, 2019, 9:38 pm

When they say we, they mean all the lease as well. Remember they give away all the good producers to the lease.

Dont get me wrong eh, we have oil, they drilled and capped many wells for a rainy day.

In most of the wells when production drops below a certain amount the rig comes in and does a workover. Gets the production back up. Every now and then they need to do this. No rigs out months now. so Wells that not producing are just switched off.

They do steam injection in some areas to bring up oil and lower the viscosity. Steam generators down, all the guts from the panels stolen, all the transformers from the sub stations cut open and copper gone.

Production just drop and kept falling.

Have some areas I drive through and just see panels open and empty, only breaker remain. Seems they dont have a screwdriver like mine to work on 440v live and they dont know how to do an isolation.

Part of the sabotage is skilled men, screams sabotage. Other incidents are just copper thieves.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 21st, 2019, 12:03 am

Like Patriotic Energies (OWTU) getting the refinery... dey gearsing up.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 21st, 2019, 5:44 am

The_Honourable wrote:Like Patriotic Energies (OWTU) getting the refinery... dey gearsing up.

Would love to see how they plan to handle productivity and disciplinary issues.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » March 21st, 2019, 6:52 am

^^^White people will be investing, so Roget will get his house in order...or else...

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » March 21st, 2019, 6:59 am

It's not an offer of employment, but a skills bank to show the govt that they're ready for work in case they get the Refinery. A negotiating tactic.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » March 21st, 2019, 7:07 am

Roget done gt. He getting de refinery and de port.
The ad will come out soon.
Or so someone tell meh who in de union...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 21st, 2019, 7:12 am

so roget get white ppl outside investors ?
hope they know you cant play mas and fraid powda

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 21st, 2019, 7:28 am

pugboy wrote:so roget get white ppl outside investors ?
hope they know you cant play mas and fraid powda

When you're dealing with other people's money, there is no playing the arse, the bitter irony of which I hope is not lost on thinking people.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » March 21st, 2019, 7:47 am

So true

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 21st, 2019, 7:50 am

vaiostation wrote:^^^White people will be investing, so Roget will get his house in order...or else...

And this is the irony.

Subject to the ownership structure....he cant send them home like he did with the last 2 gentlemen a few ago-what was the throughput at that time?160s?

We worry about skin colour instead of absorbing and downloading the skills experience and networks.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 21st, 2019, 8:12 am

The ad says it is 100% locally owned though

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » March 21st, 2019, 9:30 am

vaiostation wrote:Roget done gt. He getting de refinery and de port.
The ad will come out soon.
Or so someone tell meh who in de union...

so he giving same benefits as what he demanded of Petrotrin as before? :lol:

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 21st, 2019, 9:39 am

pugboy wrote:The ad says it is 100% locally owned though

You own your house
until the bank comes for non payment..

The financing institution will have bonds or some other instrument that secures the investment.
And trigger clauses where it can take over the borrowing entity

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 22nd, 2019, 1:20 pm

We eh sellin', buh we go sell if as a seller we find the offer on the thing we eh selling good enough for we to sell...:|

PM waiting on good bids for Paria Fuel
Peter Christopher

Prime Min­is­ter Dr Kei­th Row­ley says if some­one is buy­ing, then the Gov­ern­ment will sell Paria Fu­el Trad­ing Com­pa­ny.

He made the com­ment yes­ter­day as he gave the Gov­ern­ment’s fi­nal stance on the com­pa­ny’s fu­ture at the post-Cab­i­net brief­ing at the Diplo­mat­ic Cen­tre, St Ann’s.

He ex­plained that while the Gov­ern­ment had not yet put the com­pa­ny up for sale, it would in­deed be open to of­fers.

“There is no po­si­tion tak­en by the Gov­ern­ment to sell the Paria com­pa­ny, which is the fu­el sup­ply com­pa­ny, but based on what pro­pos­al is made to us, Paria is an as­set which the Gov­ern­ment will lever­age to the best in­ter­est of the peo­ple of Trinidad and To­ba­go,” Row­ley said.

His stance came days af­ter Trinidad Pe­tro­le­um Hold­in­gs chair­man Wil­fred Es­pinet said there was no rea­son for the Gov­ern­ment to keep the state-owned en­er­gy sub­sidiary and as such a re­quest for a pro­pos­al had been is­sued for Paria Fu­el as well as for the Pointe-a-Pierre re­fin­ery. Es­pinet said there was no strate­gic rea­son for the state to keep Paria Fu­el once fu­el se­cu­ri­ty and fu­el com­pet­i­tive­ness could be guar­an­teed. But the En­er­gy Min­istry sub­se­quent­ly de­nied this, with Min­is­ter Franklin Khan say­ing the com­pa­ny was not for sale.

This con­fu­sion prompt­ed Op­po­si­tion leader Kam­la Per­sad-Bisses­sar to call on Gov­ern­ment to halt all plans for the com­pa­ny un­til next year’s Gen­er­al Elec­tion.

Yes­ter­day, Row­ley cleared up the mat­ter fur­ther.

“That de­ci­sion (to see Paria) was not tak­en and no such de­ci­sion has been giv­en and I am giv­ing you the fi­nal word on this, to clar­i­fy those two po­si­tions that Paria is a part of the re­struc­tur­ing of Petrotrin and if the re­struc­tur­ing is go­ing to be a restart-up of the re­fin­ery and it in­volves any in­put for Paria, we would be crazy to have the re­fin­ery die when it could live be­cause of Paria,” Row­ley said.

He ex­plained that Paria Fu­el’s role was to en­sure the coun­try and var­i­ous oth­er coun­tries that had de­pend­ed on the re­struc­tured Petrotrin for fu­els such as gas and diesel would still have a sup­ply. But if an­oth­er com­pa­ny be­gan op­er­a­tions at the re­fin­ery, it could com­pli­cate Paria’s role, the PM said.

“Paria ex­ists to pro­vide us with fu­el and to sup­ply and if there is a sup­ply be­ing made in Trinidad and To­ba­go, then clear­ly we have not got to the point where and how that sup­ply and Paria would co­ex­ist,” the PM said.

He said de­spite the de­ci­sion to close Petrotrin, the Gov­ern­ment was keen on see­ing the re­fin­ery in op­er­a­tion. How­ev­er, he said they opt­ed to shut down the State-owned oil com­pa­ny be­cause it was too cost­ly to op­er­ate giv­en the debts it had in­curred. Petrotrin ceased op­er­a­tions at the end of No­vem­ber last year.

But he coun­tered that they will seel it if the right bid­der comes along and of­fers the right price.

“The Gov­ern­ment has said over and over we want to see the re­fin­ery in op­er­a­tion if it can be had. And we are go­ing to do every­thing that is busi­ness like to get the re­fin­ery back in­to op­er­a­tion,” he said.

“The fact that we don’t own it doesn’t mean it isn’t’ valu­able, all it means is some­body else in the pri­vate sec­tor would be do­ing it, hav­ing re­lieved us of the bur­den that we were car­ry­ing for how long.”

He al­so said clam­our­ing about the po­ten­tial sale was al­so pre­ma­ture, giv­en that pro­pos­als had not yet been tabled for the re­fin­ery.

“We have not got the pro­pos­als as yet, so why should we close the door on a pro­pos­al that we have not seen. I am anx­ious to see the pro­pos­als that we might get be­cause some­where there might be some­one who sees Pointe-a-Pierre as their gold mine,” he said.

Row­ley said this stance did not con­tra­dict the Gov­ern­ment’s de­ci­sion to close down Petrotrin, as any po­ten­tial own­er of the re­fin­ery may not have the same chal­lenges the Gov­ern­ment faced.

“The new own­er is go­ing to be un­der new arrange­ments, they will have to find their own oil, find their own mon­ey, do all of those things which we have done and have lost bil­lions do­ing it, but maybe they could do it with their own oil and do it dif­fer­ent­ly,” Row­ley said.

He said the Gov­ern­ment was main­tain­ing its po­si­tion that re­gard­less of the com­pa­ny’s own­er, it would seek to have some el­e­ment of con­trol on the pric­ing of the prod­ucts made in the re­fin­ery for the lo­cal mar­ket.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/pm-waiting-on-good-bids-for-paria-fuel-6.2.806651.d1dcf1e583

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 22nd, 2019, 2:58 pm

he not selling once he dont have a buyer...

shitsnake

they literally shut it down, parts it up, and once they get buyers, will be selling it off.
(i was accused of oversimplifying things.... am i wrong, though...)

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”