Petrotrin update

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

The_Honourable
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Petrotrin update

Postby The_Honourable » June 12th, 2019, 11:46 pm

Petrotrin Witness Statements Do Not Exonerate Malcolm Jones

After three long years in court, I can confirm that I have received two of the four witness statements mentioned by Mr. Vincent Nelson QC in his politically suspicious advice to the government to discontinue the billion-dollar case filed by Petrotrin against its former Exec Chair Mr. Malcolm Jones. These two witness statements were submitted by Ms. Charmaine Baptiste and Mr. Anthony Chan Tack to the London Court of International Arbitration in a matter between claimants World GTL Inc and World GTL St. Lucia Ltd and the respondent Petrotrin. I was not provided with the witness statements of Mr. Kevin Singh or Mr. Imtiaz Ali however, despite Mr. Nelson also citing them in his more recent advice to the PNM appointed Petrotrin board.

Attorney General Faris Al Rawi has gone on record several times throughout the course of the litigant procedures in my FOIA request in defence of both the advice given by Mr. Vincent Nelson and the decision by the government to withdraw the case against Mr. Malcolm Jones. While Mr. Al Rawi and the Prime Minister admit that the decisions which were integral to the World GTL fiasco were in fact "bad", they continue to make the argument that there was no negligence on the part Mr. Jones despite his function as Executive Chairman of Petrotrin during the entire disastrous process.

Having now been able to properly inspect the witness statements mentioned by Mr. Nelson I can say with utmost certainty that there is absolutely no truth to those claims. More than that however, is that not only do these statements not absolve Mr. Jones of any of the claims made against him, but certainly there exists clear evidence of negligence.

The arbitration witness statements do not provide any justification whatsoever to support Vincent Nelson QC’s tenuous and politically suspicious advice that the court could view this as a bad investment decision without any form of negligence.

On the contrary, the witness statements reveal that the Board led by Executive Chairman Malcolm Jones was a mere spectator to the mismanagement and eventual implosion that occurred. It failed to intervene in a timely manner or at all and ignored the distress signals that should have triggered emergency sirens and led to immediate surgery.

Instead, the Board’s negligence was compounded when, instead of pulling the plug on the project in light of WGTL’s default of its financial contributions to the project, it incredibly assumed responsibility for its share of the liability.

Malcolm Jones was sued because he was the Executive Chairman with ultimate responsibility for the project. He was sued for negligence because:

- He was wrong to ignore the warnings from Petrotrin’s management and guarantee WGTL’s debt.
- He failed to ensure that a proper feasibility study was done on the construction of the GTL plant.
- Caused Petrotrin to provide unsecured loans to WGTL when there was no evidence or hope of repayment.
- He failed to conduct a proper due diligence on WGTL to ensure that it owned the technology and had the financial capability it claimed.

The initial advice given by Vincent Nelson QC and Russell Martineau SC that led to the filing of this billion-dollar claim was therefore correct and nothing in the arbitration witness statements could have possibly change the factual matrix. Instead, these witness statements justify and reinforce the need to sue for negligence because they highlight the lack of leadership and critical intervention by the Malcolm Jones led Board which fiddled while Rome continued to burn.

These witness statements call into question the credibility and integrity of Nelson’s advice. The criticisms leveled by the Privy Council hit the nail on the head with a bang as this was a politically convenient advice that was but a mere smoke screen (per Lady Arden) for political fait accompli. The PNM having already appointed Mr. Jones on the Cabinet Standing Committee on Energy was clearly intent on abandoning this case. Indeed, that is why the Minister of Communications Maxie Cuffie openly boasted that the case would be dismissed or withdrawn two days before Nelson had provided his questionable advice.

In fact, in 2011 Mr. Nelson had cited a correspondence between Mr. David Loring of World GTL which was sent to Mr. Jones on September 7th 2006 which stated among other things, "The bottom line is that the GTL Project faces insolvency within a matter of days unless we close with Credit Suisse now". On September 21st 2006, Mr. Jones responded by writing to Credit Suisse stating:

"This letter hereby conforms that I will recommend to the Petrotrin Board at its next meeting on 2006 September 27, that it authorizes Petrotrin to provide the Joint and Several Completion Guarantee in connection with the project loan up to $105 million."

In the witness statements of both Mr. Chan Tack and Ms. Baptiste we then learn that despite the concerns of both themselves and other boards members throughout the duration of World GTL, given that World GTL had defaulted on this and other credit facilities numerous times, Petrotrin still continued negotiating with World GTL on a way forward. In Ms. Baptiste's own words regarding the status of the project in 2009,

"At that stage, Petrotrin had invested hundreds of millions of dollars in the as-yet incomplete Project, and WGTL Trinidad still lacked the funds to bring the Project to completion".

If there was any doubt to the negligence of Mr. Malcolm Jones in this entire World GTL affair however, I believe that it can be best summed up in the account of a single instance which was detailed by Ms. Baptiste in her statement:

"Mr. Loring made a big show of reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out a check for US$5 million, which he showed to me, and said that WGTL had the money to repay Petrotrin... I knew that Mr. Loring was meeting with Mr. Jones later in the day and I told Mr. Loring to give the check to Mr. Jones. When I later asked Mr. Jones about this he told me that Mr. Loring showed him the check, but never actually gave it to him."

It is the height of incompetence for a board to continue to pump hundreds of millions of dollars into a project that had numerous red flags being raised throughout its development, but it is an even greater insult that the Malcolm Jones led-board rejected every opportunity to recoup either the money or assets that was being wasted by World GTL on this project.

And it is just as insulting that this PNM administration sought to withdraw the case being built against the negligence of Malcolm Jones when every account of the situation only further solidifies the arguments that he was entirely responsible for the disaster.

The Attorney General must now explain to this country and its citizens the real reason behind the decision to terminate the Malcolm Jones lawsuit, as there is absolutely no merit to be found in the two witness statements which have been provided. Any failure to provide such a cause however, would only further validate the opinion that this was a politically motivated decision for a friend and confederate of this PNM administration.

The attached excerpts reveal the massive political conspiracy that occurred to save a PNM friend (Malcolm Jones) even if it cost the country the closure of Petrotrin. Every ex-Petrotrin worker and retiree and indeed the country will now know the truth – whether it is Malcolm Jones or Nazim Baksh from AV Drilling – the PNM protects its own!!

Best regards,

Ravi Balgobin Maharaj

Advertisement
zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » June 13th, 2019, 7:08 am

^^^^ Nice this numbskull AG will get his vagina squeeze

sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sMASH » June 13th, 2019, 12:27 pm

Ent Farris say, if it was up to him, he release the statements long time?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 13th, 2019, 12:35 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Talk something with sense nah man! Are you really expecting that not even the candidate vote for himself/herself? :? :?

You're joking right? You have to be trolling. But in the off chance that you're not..(I really hope you are, but I have time..pickney sleepin').

1) I meant it literally-figuratively in that if the POPULATION SENDS A MESSAGE by not voting.

2) If we have 4 'major' forces contending in 2020 for all 41 constituencies and by your logic, all 4 candidates voted for themselves but only they voted for themselves..each party would have one vote per constituency. 41 votes for each party..where would that leave us, Dragon?

:roll:

I don't deal with absurdist fantasies. I go out and cast my vote for the chance to (hopefully) make a difference.

You're right. I should have said 'hypothetically speaking' for the ones whose head it went over..for clarity nah. *Insert shrug here*. My apologies. You contradict yourself though, by saying that you don't deal in fantasies while 'hopefully' making a difference with your vote, which by the way is both absurd and fanatical should that vote go to either one of the more established parties since the last almost 10 years have been chock full of corruption, unemployment and box drains. In no way am I saying that I know where your allegiance lies, but should it lie with either the red or the yellow, you might as well find a nice mud pool for that top you're spinning.

Things that are nonsensical, typically go over normal people's heads :wink:
Says the one not voting :roll: You don't vote, you don't get a say, simple. All your vote boycotting calls make no sense in a democracy. As you're advocating for parties not to vote for, bless we up with one to vote for nah.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 13th, 2019, 1:04 pm

I will register my political party as Bolivarian Republicans.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 13th, 2019, 1:18 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:I will register my political party as Bolivarian Republicans.

So your alternative to Rum and Roti will be what, Bum and t****? :lol:

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 13th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Cervezas y arepas Senor.
De Dragon wrote:

So your alternative to Rum and Roti will be what, Bum and t****?

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 13th, 2019, 1:24 pm

De Dragon wrote:Things that are nonsensical, typically go over normal people's heads :wink:
Says the one not voting :roll: You don't vote, you don't get a say, simple. All your vote boycotting calls make no sense in a democracy. As you're advocating for parties not to vote for, bless we up with one to vote for nah.

I'm baffled at how such a small word as 'if' could be so confusing to people. :roll: The words 'if' and 'hypothetical' were an attempt so stimulate discussion wrt to what would happen if the entire population was so fed up our two (currently) politically significant enough options but also saw no hope in other political forces..you know, people actually focused on the issues and calculated who could best lead the country as opposed to 'all meh ancestors vote ___ so I voting dem too'? Persons capable of carrying out such discussions already made their contributions (thanks Zoom). As for who I'm backing, I like the idea of being a millionaire so I'm voting for that guy. 8-)

On a side note, you'd make a good hype man. 'Calls for boycotting..I'm not voting'. Who called for boycotting? Who said I wasn't voting? You so hyper you missed the whole 'what if' aspect of it? Really? :roll: Cool yuhself eh.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 13th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Pointman for President!!!

*ducks and hides from angry Trini women as I wave my placard*

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 13th, 2019, 1:30 pm

El Presidente
Joshie23 wrote:

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 13th, 2019, 3:06 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:El Presidente
Joshie23 wrote:

8-)

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 13th, 2019, 3:35 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Things that are nonsensical, typically go over normal people's heads :wink:

I'm baffled at how such a small word as 'if' could be so confusing to people. :roll: The words 'if' and 'hypothetical' were an attempt so stimulate discussion wrt to what would happen if the entire population was so fed up our two (currently) politically significant enough options but also saw no hope in other political forces..you know, people actually focused on the issues and calculated who could best lead the country as opposed to 'all meh ancestors vote ___ so I voting dem too'? Persons capable of carrying out such discussions already made their contributions (thanks Zoom). As for who I'm backing, I like the idea of being a millionaire so I'm voting for that guy. 8-)

On a side note, you'd make a good hype man. 'Calls for boycotting..I'm not voting'. Who called for boycotting? Who said I wasn't voting? You so hyper you missed the whole 'what if' aspect of it? Really? :roll: Cool yuhself eh.

All that to once again show that you're hopelessly out of touch, and have no meaningful solution to offer besides not voting, hypothetical or not? I like how instead of calling for more accountability, your solution is to jettison the majority parties entirely :roll: What would this solve really? There are democracies much more mature than ours, the US for example, who have not yet figured out how to disengage from an essentially two-party system. I propose, distasteful as it may seem, a sort of "lesser of two evils approach" based on actual past performance. Parties that are voted out, usually try harder the next time around. I know you're salty since PT closed, but ease up on the bitterness soldier, your heart will thank you for this.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 13th, 2019, 6:41 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

All that to once again show that you're hopelessly out of touch, and have no meaningful solution to offer besides not voting, hypothetical or not? I like how instead of calling for more accountability, your solution is to jettison the majority parties entirely :roll: What would this solve really? There are democracies much more mature than ours, the US for example, who have not yet figured out how to disengage from an essentially two-party system. I propose, distasteful as it may seem, a sort of "lesser of two evils approach" based on actual past performance. Parties that are voted out, usually try harder the next time around. I know you're salty since PT closed, but ease up on the bitterness soldier, your heart will thank you for this.

That..right there is discussion. See, I knew you'd figure it out!! *Clappers* Wasn't the PP viewed as the lesser of two evils in 2010? Then the same concept applied in 2015 to usher in the PNM (hard luck, Roget). PEA is a bit arrogant, Nikoli is young and very inexperienced. I'm watching Mickela closely..she seems brilliant. Let's see what she has to offer.

As for your salty comment, bless your heart. You're salty I said both the red and yellow parties are sheit. You're in a difficult place right now..you hate Rowley but you're glad it wasn't Kamla that had to close Petrotrin. It must be hard to sleep at night. It's ok Dragon, you're among friends.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 13th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Funny you two , Dragon and Joshie, are having a meaningful discussion.

Had the PP closed down Petrotrin, I wonder what would have been the reaction of the PNMites working there and the PNM strongholds of Point Fortin and La Brea.

Pointman-IA was last seen hustling PH in a 2017 Range Rover down south.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 13th, 2019, 9:00 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:Funny you two , Dragon and Joshie, are having a meaningful discussion.

Had the PP closed down Petrotrin, I wonder what would have been the reaction of the PNMites working there and the PNM strongholds of Point Fortin and La Brea.

Straight trip from Seej-russ to Tong or what?

As for if the PP had closed down Petrotrin, the Southern peninsula might have still been a little hazy from all the smoke..

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » June 13th, 2019, 9:02 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:Funny you two , Dragon and Joshie, are having a meaningful discussion.

Good point,

Would you believe that there are people who think PP close down Caroni and Petrotrin.

Now the word is it's UNC that gave amnesty to the venes

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 14th, 2019, 12:42 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

That..right there is discussion. See, I knew you'd figure it out!! *Clappers* Wasn't the PP viewed as the lesser of two evils in 2010? Then the same concept applied in 2015 to usher in the PNM (hard luck, Roget). PEA is a bit arrogant, Nikoli is young and very inexperienced. I'm watching Mickela closely..she seems brilliant. Let's see what she has to offer.

As for your salty comment, bless your heart. You're salty I said both the red and yellow parties are sheit. You're in a difficult place right now..you hate Rowley but you're glad it wasn't Kamla that had to close Petrotrin. It must be hard to sleep at night. It's ok Dragon, you're among friends.

You're uninformed, and will waste your vote. PEA? Mickela? Surely you jest! You're calling the PP/UNC sheit, yet you seem to honestly believe that Mickela isn't at Basdeo Panday's knees imbibing his philosophy that ended not only his Government, but his leadership of the UNC? The same jackarse philosophy led to Kamla's downfall?
Continue to bury your ignorant head in the sand of Hypothetical Land.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 14th, 2019, 8:15 pm

De Dragon wrote:You're uninformed, and will waste your vote. PEA? Mickela? Surely you jest! You're calling the PP/UNC sheit, yet you seem to honestly believe that Mickela isn't at Basdeo Panday's knees imbibing his philosophy that ended not only his Government, but his leadership of the UNC? The same jackarse philosophy led to Kamla's downfall?

Careful, Dragon. Your yellow petticoat peeping. Since I'm uninformed and ignorant, I'll vote where you voting. So, in 2025, one of us will be able to say 'I told you so'.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 15th, 2019, 8:34 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:You're uninformed, and will waste your vote. PEA? Mickela? Surely you jest! You're calling the PP/UNC sheit, yet you seem to honestly believe that Mickela isn't at Basdeo Panday's knees imbibing his philosophy that ended not only his Government, but his leadership of the UNC? The same jackarse philosophy led to Kamla's downfall?

Careful, Dragon. Your yellow petticoat peeping. Since I'm uninformed and ignorant, I'll vote where you voting. So, in 2025, one of us will be able to say 'I told you so'.

How TF is that, that? You're not only foolish, but your comprehension needs some serious work. You vote for whatever flash in the pan, johnny come lately party like Mickela's and PEP, and I guarantee that you eh go be coasin' on nobody ever.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 16th, 2019, 9:47 am

De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

How TF is that, that? You're not only foolish, but your comprehension needs some serious work. You vote for whatever flash in the pan, johnny come lately party like Mickela's and PEP, and I guarantee that you eh go be coasin' on nobody ever.

71oXooNZOxL._SL1500_.jpg
This is 2NR, friend. No need to be so angry.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 16th, 2019, 9:52 am

Dragon, take care you end up with a massive heart attack bro.

Even if Mickela seeks advice from her dad, I don't see that as an issue.

I am worried about her being surrounded by deceitful persons.

The_Honourable
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby The_Honourable » June 16th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:I am worried about her being surrounded by deceitful persons.

THIS!!!

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 16th, 2019, 4:23 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:Dragon, take care you end up with a massive heart attack bro.

Ding!! Ding!! Ding!! I wonder how Mrs. Persad-Bissessar felt when Ganga voted along with the PNM..

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 16th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:Dragon, take care you end up with a massive heart attack bro.

:?
What advice could he possibly give her? The man who fawked up one of the few chances people had to rid themselves of the PNM? The man who drove home what the PNM hammered into their base for decades, that Indos were to be seen as corrupt thieves?
What you're saying is a contradiction, because if she is to start afresh, she needs to distance herself from Bas, and not use him to get support from his die-hard supporters. Forge your own identity.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 16th, 2019, 9:19 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

71oXooNZOxL._SL1500_.jpg This is 2NR, friend. No need to be so angry.

Angry? I'm not the one that still has an inflamed chest from PT closure, all while defending poor productivity, union dirty tactics and mismanagement. I have a job :wink:

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 16th, 2019, 9:44 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

Angry? I'm not the one that still has an inflamed chest from PT closure, all while defending poor productivity, union dirty tactics and mismanagement. I have a job :wink:
I bet it is a wonderful feeling knowing that you are gainfully employed.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 16th, 2019, 10:21 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

Sarcasm? I hope not, because no one did/does me any favors where I work.
Private sector FTMFW!!!!
I make absolutely no apologies for having and keeping a job consistently for many, many years. Dangerous, dangerous work, but very rewarding and with good benefits. Own a piece of the company as well :wink:

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 17th, 2019, 12:53 am

De Dragon wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Angry? I'm not the one that still has an inflamed chest from PT closure, all while defending poor productivity, union dirty tactics and mismanagement. I have a job :wink:

Private sector FTMFW!!!!
I make absolutely no apologies for having and keeping a job consistently for many, many years. Dangerous, dangerous work, but very rewarding and with good benefits. Own a piece of the company as well :wink:

It must suck to not be able to get it up on Father's Day, huh Dragon. :cry: You talk about ignorant and uninformed and then speak as though you saw me in a Petrotrin coverall before!! :lol: But really, several men and women have committed suicide, gone into depression, etc. from not being able to meet their commitments after having lost their job on November 30th last year, some of whom I know personally. You cracking jokes and spewing ignorance about such just goes to prove how much lower than the white line in the road you are. Disgusting, classless and tasteless, in typical fashion. Attack me personally fine, but I'm sure the families of the ~5,000 won't find you funny, not that you'd care..I mean, you own piece of your company right. I think you should give the internet a rest for a few days because while this is the Ole Talk thread, your inferiority complex and issues in the nether regions have no place on 2NR.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 17th, 2019, 3:23 am

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Angry? I'm not the one that still has an inflamed chest from PT closure, all while defending poor productivity, union dirty tactics and mismanagement. I have a job :wink:

Private sector FTMFW!!!!

It must suck to not be able to get it up on Father's Day, huh Dragon. :cry: You talk about ignorant and uninformed and then speak as though you saw me in a Petrotrin coverall before!! But really, several men and women have committed suicide, gone into depression, etc. from not being able to meet their commitments after having lost their job on November 30th last year, some of whom I know personally. You cracking jokes and spewing ignorance about such just goes to prove how much lower than the white line in the road you are. Disgusting, classless and tasteless, in typical fashion. Attack me personally fine, but I'm sure the families of the ~5,000 won't find you funny, not that you'd care..I mean, you own piece of your company right. I think you should give the internet a rest for a few days because while this is the Ole Talk thread, your inferiority complex and issues in the nether regions have no place on 2NR.
I doh be on 2nr battles eh but this x2 just saying

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 17th, 2019, 4:19 am

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:

Private sector FTMFW!!!!

It must suck to not be able to get it up on Father's Day, huh Dragon. :cry: You talk about ignorant and uninformed and then speak as though you saw me in a Petrotrin coverall before!! :lol: But really, several men and women have committed suicide, gone into depression, etc. from not being able to meet their commitments after having lost their job on November 30th last year, some of whom I know personally. You cracking jokes and spewing ignorance about such just goes to prove how much lower than the white line in the road you are. Disgusting, classless and tasteless, in typical fashion. Attack me personally fine, but I'm sure the families of the ~5,000 won't find you funny, not that you'd care..I mean, you own piece of your company right. I think you should give the internet a rest for a few days because while this is the Ole Talk thread, your inferiority complex and issues in the nether regions have no place on 2NR.

Awww, liddle Joshie Washie feelings hurtie hurtie? :oops:
You must be a humongous sized kant, with a quite substantial chip on your schoolgirl sized shoulders if you got all that from my comments. Save your righteous indignation and misdirected anger for the bumbling Government who shut down PT. You talk about "cracking jokes" and "spewing ignorance" when I did no such thing here. I merely stated a fact. and like a little uneducated backyard woman, you proceed to talk about "getting it up?"
Fins the closest street, road, or trace and proceed to go to fack up on it!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”