Forums

Petrotrin update: now Trinidad Petroleum Holdings Ltd

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Re: Petrotrin update

Postby Joshie23 » June 14th, 2019, 8:15 pm

De Dragon wrote:You're uninformed, and will waste your vote. PEA? Mickela? Surely you jest! You're calling the PP/UNC sheit, yet you seem to honestly believe that Mickela isn't at Basdeo Panday's knees imbibing his philosophy that ended not only his Government, but his leadership of the UNC? The same jackarse philosophy led to Kamla's downfall?
Continue to bury your ignorant head in the sand of Hypothetical Land.

Careful, Dragon. Your yellow petticoat peeping. Since I'm uninformed and ignorant, I'll vote where you voting. So, in 2025, one of us will be able to say 'I told you so'.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 15th, 2019, 8:34 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:You're uninformed, and will waste your vote. PEA? Mickela? Surely you jest! You're calling the PP/UNC sheit, yet you seem to honestly believe that Mickela isn't at Basdeo Panday's knees imbibing his philosophy that ended not only his Government, but his leadership of the UNC? The same jackarse philosophy led to Kamla's downfall?

Careful, Dragon. Your yellow petticoat peeping. Since I'm uninformed and ignorant, I'll vote where you voting. So, in 2025, one of us will be able to say 'I told you so'.

How TF is that, that? You're not only foolish, but your comprehension needs some serious work. You vote for whatever flash in the pan, johnny come lately party like Mickela's and PEP, and I guarantee that you eh go be coasin' on nobody ever.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » June 16th, 2019, 9:47 am

De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

How TF is that, that? You're not only foolish, but your comprehension needs some serious work. You vote for whatever flash in the pan, johnny come lately party like Mickela's and PEP, and I guarantee that you eh go be coasin' on nobody ever.

71oXooNZOxL._SL1500_.jpg
This is 2NR, friend. No need to be so angry.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 16th, 2019, 9:52 am

Dragon, take care you end up with a massive heart attack bro.

Even if Mickela seeks advice from her dad, I don't see that as an issue.

I am worried about her being surrounded by deceitful persons.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 16th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:I am worried about her being surrounded by deceitful persons.

THIS!!!

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » June 16th, 2019, 4:23 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:Dragon, take care you end up with a massive heart attack bro.

Ding!! Ding!! Ding!! I wonder how Mrs. Persad-Bissessar felt when Ganga voted along with the PNM..

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 16th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:Dragon, take care you end up with a massive heart attack bro.

:?
What advice could he possibly give her? The man who fawked up one of the few chances people had to rid themselves of the PNM? The man who drove home what the PNM hammered into their base for decades, that Indos were to be seen as corrupt thieves?
What you're saying is a contradiction, because if she is to start afresh, she needs to distance herself from Bas, and not use him to get support from his die-hard supporters. Forge your own identity.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 16th, 2019, 9:19 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

71oXooNZOxL._SL1500_.jpg This is 2NR, friend. No need to be so angry.

Angry? I'm not the one that still has an inflamed chest from PT closure, all while defending poor productivity, union dirty tactics and mismanagement. I have a job :wink:

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 16th, 2019, 9:44 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

Angry? I'm not the one that still has an inflamed chest from PT closure, all while defending poor productivity, union dirty tactics and mismanagement. I have a job :wink:
I bet it is a wonderful feeling knowing that you are gainfully employed.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 16th, 2019, 10:21 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

Sarcasm? I hope not, because no one did/does me any favors where I work.
Private sector FTMFW!!!!
I make absolutely no apologies for having and keeping a job consistently for many, many years. Dangerous, dangerous work, but very rewarding and with good benefits. Own a piece of the company as well :wink:

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » June 17th, 2019, 12:53 am

De Dragon wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Angry? I'm not the one that still has an inflamed chest from PT closure, all while defending poor productivity, union dirty tactics and mismanagement. I have a job :wink:

Private sector FTMFW!!!!
I make absolutely no apologies for having and keeping a job consistently for many, many years. Dangerous, dangerous work, but very rewarding and with good benefits. Own a piece of the company as well :wink:

It must suck to not be able to get it up on Father's Day, huh Dragon. :cry: You talk about ignorant and uninformed and then speak as though you saw me in a Petrotrin coverall before!! :lol: But really, several men and women have committed suicide, gone into depression, etc. from not being able to meet their commitments after having lost their job on November 30th last year, some of whom I know personally. You cracking jokes and spewing ignorance about such just goes to prove how much lower than the white line in the road you are. Disgusting, classless and tasteless, in typical fashion. Attack me personally fine, but I'm sure the families of the ~5,000 won't find you funny, not that you'd care..I mean, you own piece of your company right. I think you should give the internet a rest for a few days because while this is the Ole Talk thread, your inferiority complex and issues in the nether regions have no place on 2NR.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 17th, 2019, 3:23 am

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Angry? I'm not the one that still has an inflamed chest from PT closure, all while defending poor productivity, union dirty tactics and mismanagement. I have a job :wink:

Private sector FTMFW!!!!

It must suck to not be able to get it up on Father's Day, huh Dragon. :cry: You talk about ignorant and uninformed and then speak as though you saw me in a Petrotrin coverall before!! But really, several men and women have committed suicide, gone into depression, etc. from not being able to meet their commitments after having lost their job on November 30th last year, some of whom I know personally. You cracking jokes and spewing ignorance about such just goes to prove how much lower than the white line in the road you are. Disgusting, classless and tasteless, in typical fashion. Attack me personally fine, but I'm sure the families of the ~5,000 won't find you funny, not that you'd care..I mean, you own piece of your company right. I think you should give the internet a rest for a few days because while this is the Ole Talk thread, your inferiority complex and issues in the nether regions have no place on 2NR.
I doh be on 2nr battles eh but this x2 just saying

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 17th, 2019, 4:19 am

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:

Private sector FTMFW!!!!

It must suck to not be able to get it up on Father's Day, huh Dragon. :cry: You talk about ignorant and uninformed and then speak as though you saw me in a Petrotrin coverall before!! :lol: But really, several men and women have committed suicide, gone into depression, etc. from not being able to meet their commitments after having lost their job on November 30th last year, some of whom I know personally. You cracking jokes and spewing ignorance about such just goes to prove how much lower than the white line in the road you are. Disgusting, classless and tasteless, in typical fashion. Attack me personally fine, but I'm sure the families of the ~5,000 won't find you funny, not that you'd care..I mean, you own piece of your company right. I think you should give the internet a rest for a few days because while this is the Ole Talk thread, your inferiority complex and issues in the nether regions have no place on 2NR.

Awww, liddle Joshie Washie feelings hurtie hurtie? :oops:
You must be a humongous sized kant, with a quite substantial chip on your schoolgirl sized shoulders if you got all that from my comments. Save your righteous indignation and misdirected anger for the bumbling Government who shut down PT. You talk about "cracking jokes" and "spewing ignorance" when I did no such thing here. I merely stated a fact. and like a little uneducated backyard woman, you proceed to talk about "getting it up?"
Fins the closest street, road, or trace and proceed to go to fack up on it!

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 19th, 2019, 11:55 am

LABOUR DAY!

is the OWTU still praying?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 19th, 2019, 3:25 pm

Ridiculously wet....they set up the tents but very cold and damp, can barely hear the speakers.

Kinda sad....
To be honest I think the turn out was descent especially given the weather, their were a lot of maxis, which usually indicates a fair number however given the conditions maybe many left early after the march.

Praying think they should be begging....

As Rojet said today "....you will not get the truth from the PNM platform...." something about the UNC platform then couldn't hear anything else.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 19th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Labour Minister saying that legislation is coming to protect workers.

Hmmm.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 19th, 2019, 4:19 pm

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 19th, 2019, 4:21 pm

When did she say that?...Just now???....couldn't be they were playing tassa on stage.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » June 19th, 2019, 4:25 pm

Roget an' all look like he eh want to be there.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 19th, 2019, 4:52 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:Labour Minister saying that legislation is coming to protect workers.

Hmmm.
That's because Rowlee told him to relay that for elections.

You really think bussiness owners want better conditions for you?

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 19th, 2019, 5:18 pm

Something the public would not know was Petrotrin workers gave blood to the blood bank during their donation drives at the compound.

I wonder how the blood bank doing now?

Do the international companies do this as well?

Do the anti-Petrotrin voices even donate?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 19th, 2019, 5:53 pm

kstt wrote:Something the public would not know was Petrotrin workers gave blood to the blood bank during their donation drives at the compound.

Most industries do this bro, plus you get a free cookie and Malta and 2 hours off work.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 19th, 2019, 6:17 pm

zoom rader wrote:
kstt wrote:Something the public would not know was Petrotrin workers gave blood to the blood bank during their donation drives at the compound.

Most industries do this bro, plus you get a free cookie and Malta and 2 hours off work.

You don't have to give blood to have a cookie, Malta and 2 hrs. off work in Petrotrin or what was Petrotrin.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 19th, 2019, 6:38 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

You don't have to give blood to have a cookie, Malta and 2 hrs. off work in Petrotrin or what was Petrotrin.
When you donate blood in the hospitals you get a free cookie and Malta. So you taking bullchit

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 19th, 2019, 6:48 pm

Aye Zoom rader, I am referring to yuh good friend Jennifer. Lmao.
zoom rader wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:Labour Minister saying that legislation is coming to protect workers.

Hmmm.
That's because Rowlee told him to relay that for elections.

You really think bussiness owners want better conditions for you?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 19th, 2019, 10:30 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

When you donate blood in the hospitals you get a free cookie and Malta. So you taking bullchit

Yeah I know in the hospital/blood drives when you donate blood.

But you didn't have to give blood to get 2 hrs off work and a Malta in Petrotrin, you could just have easily walked out the compound and spend the 2 hrs drinking and chillin' no donation of blood necessary and remember you probably will still get paid.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » June 21st, 2019, 11:20 am

Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

But you didn't have to give blood to get 2 hrs off work and a Malta in Petrotrin, you could just have easily walked out the compound and spend the 2 hrs drinking and chillin' no donation of blood necessary and remember you probably will still get paid.

Daiz joke, yuh coulda go by savitri eat yuh belly full of roti and drink rum till yuh crash d company car then do so an claim it was on the job injury and get many months paid leave and a lumpsum. one of the many true stories of the hard working staff.
An this still slight, considering men teef whole rig from right in front the field police and had to pass guard booth rofl.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 21st, 2019, 6:46 pm

The myth of the missing rig.

I guess you heard that by Savitri.
daxt0r wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Daiz joke, yuh coulda go by savitri eat yuh belly full of roti and drink rum till yuh crash d company car then do so an claim it was on the job injury and get many months paid leave and a lumpsum. one of the many true stories of the hard working staff.
An this still slight, considering men teef whole rig from right in front the field police and had to pass guard booth rofl.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 21st, 2019, 11:07 pm

daxt0r wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

One of the greatest injustices ever done to workers was at PT! This model of efficiency and profitability was driven into the ground solely by management and the PP Government. These hard working employees who never abused a single perk or benefit were left out to dry by Espinet. Sad that a company that consistently made profits, and the best billion dollar decisions like WGTL, and Samsung had to close, and thus anger caring citizens like Joshie23 and PointMan-IA.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 22nd, 2019, 7:04 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:The myth of the missing rig.

I guess you heard that by Savitri.
daxt0r wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Myth, to some extent yes but the their is a lot of truth to the story. Their were noted instances of Petrotrin's equipment being used and leased to other contractors with out the knowledge of Stores or the Machine shop, other instances of Petrotrin equipment being loaned to specific contractors for specific jobs even though said contractors indicated the ability to do the job on their own without Petrotrin's equipment, often at the expense of the company.

One event that I know of involved a rig that while being moved had a component of the mast fell off and damage a public vehicle and as such the Police were called and they unknowingly called Petrotrin thinking it was a Petrotrin rig, when Petrotrin arrived they realised that said mast component was theirs and was now being used full time on a contractors rig.

Another issue involved a contractor's truck being used to move a load of 2 3/8 -2 7/8 in tubing, they were subsequently stopped as their paper didn't checkout, they drivers were cleared but the truck remained impounded by the Santa Flora police stating for quite some time.

Not to mention the instance of contractors with no rig being paid upfront to only then go and buy the rig (that probably was not within specification) and then use it for jobs within Petrotrin.

So for the most part the myth of the ENTIRE RIG disappearing is probably reaching but it is rooted in several small truths, small but true none the less.

And as a young employee there at the time, quite hilarious.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”