Postby kstt » June 19th, 2019, 11:55 am

LABOUR DAY!

is the OWTU still praying?

Advertisement
Numb3r4
Riding on 17's

Re: Petrotrin update

Postby Numb3r4 » June 19th, 2019, 3:25 pm

Ridiculously wet....they set up the tents but very cold and damp, can barely hear the speakers.

Kinda sad....
To be honest I think the turn out was descent especially given the weather, their were a lot of maxis, which usually indicates a fair number however given the conditions maybe many left early after the march.

Praying think they should be begging....

As Rojet said today "....you will not get the truth from the PNM platform...." something about the UNC platform then couldn't hear anything else.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 19th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Labour Minister saying that legislation is coming to protect workers.

Hmmm.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 19th, 2019, 4:19 pm

Numb3r4
Riding on 17's

Postby Numb3r4 » June 19th, 2019, 4:21 pm

When did she say that?...Just now???....couldn't be they were playing tassa on stage.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » June 19th, 2019, 4:25 pm

Roget an' all look like he eh want to be there.

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » June 19th, 2019, 4:52 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:Labour Minister saying that legislation is coming to protect workers.

Hmmm.
That's because Rowlee told him to relay that for elections.

You really think bussiness owners want better conditions for you?

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 19th, 2019, 5:18 pm

Something the public would not know was Petrotrin workers gave blood to the blood bank during their donation drives at the compound.

I wonder how the blood bank doing now?

Do the international companies do this as well?

Do the anti-Petrotrin voices even donate?

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » June 19th, 2019, 5:53 pm

kstt wrote:Something the public would not know was Petrotrin workers gave blood to the blood bank during their donation drives at the compound.

Most industries do this bro, plus you get a free cookie and Malta and 2 hours off work.

Numb3r4
Riding on 17's

Postby Numb3r4 » June 19th, 2019, 6:17 pm

zoom rader wrote:
kstt wrote:Something the public would not know was Petrotrin workers gave blood to the blood bank during their donation drives at the compound.

Most industries do this bro, plus you get a free cookie and Malta and 2 hours off work.

You don't have to give blood to have a cookie, Malta and 2 hrs. off work in Petrotrin or what was Petrotrin.

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » June 19th, 2019, 6:38 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

You don't have to give blood to have a cookie, Malta and 2 hrs. off work in Petrotrin or what was Petrotrin.
When you donate blood in the hospitals you get a free cookie and Malta. So you taking bullchit

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 19th, 2019, 6:48 pm

Aye Zoom rader, I am referring to yuh good friend Jennifer. Lmao.
zoom rader wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:Labour Minister saying that legislation is coming to protect workers.

Hmmm.
That's because Rowlee told him to relay that for elections.

You really think bussiness owners want better conditions for you?

Numb3r4
Riding on 17's

Postby Numb3r4 » June 19th, 2019, 10:30 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

When you donate blood in the hospitals you get a free cookie and Malta. So you taking bullchit

Yeah I know in the hospital/blood drives when you donate blood.

But you didn't have to give blood to get 2 hrs off work and a Malta in Petrotrin, you could just have easily walked out the compound and spend the 2 hrs drinking and chillin' no donation of blood necessary and remember you probably will still get paid.

daxt0r
Trinituner Peong

Postby daxt0r » June 21st, 2019, 11:20 am

Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

But you didn't have to give blood to get 2 hrs off work and a Malta in Petrotrin, you could just have easily walked out the compound and spend the 2 hrs drinking and chillin' no donation of blood necessary and remember you probably will still get paid.

Daiz joke, yuh coulda go by savitri eat yuh belly full of roti and drink rum till yuh crash d company car then do so an claim it was on the job injury and get many months paid leave and a lumpsum. one of the many true stories of the hard working staff.
An this still slight, considering men teef whole rig from right in front the field police and had to pass guard booth rofl.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 21st, 2019, 6:46 pm

The myth of the missing rig.

I guess you heard that by Savitri.
daxt0r wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Daiz joke, yuh coulda go by savitri eat yuh belly full of roti and drink rum till yuh crash d company car then do so an claim it was on the job injury and get many months paid leave and a lumpsum. one of the many true stories of the hard working staff.
An this still slight, considering men teef whole rig from right in front the field police and had to pass guard booth rofl.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 21st, 2019, 11:07 pm

daxt0r wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

One of the greatest injustices ever done to workers was at PT! This model of efficiency and profitability was driven into the ground solely by management and the PP Government. These hard working employees who never abused a single perk or benefit were left out to dry by Espinet. Sad that a company that consistently made profits, and the best billion dollar decisions like WGTL, and Samsung had to close, and thus anger caring citizens like Joshie23 and PointMan-IA.

Numb3r4
Riding on 17's

Postby Numb3r4 » June 22nd, 2019, 7:04 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:The myth of the missing rig.

daxt0r wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Myth, to some extent yes but the their is a lot of truth to the story. Their were noted instances of Petrotrin's equipment being used and leased to other contractors with out the knowledge of Stores or the Machine shop, other instances of Petrotrin equipment being loaned to specific contractors for specific jobs even though said contractors indicated the ability to do the job on their own without Petrotrin's equipment, often at the expense of the company.

One event that I know of involved a rig that while being moved had a component of the mast fell off and damage a public vehicle and as such the Police were called and they unknowingly called Petrotrin thinking it was a Petrotrin rig, when Petrotrin arrived they realised that said mast component was theirs and was now being used full time on a contractors rig.

Another issue involved a contractor's truck being used to move a load of 2 3/8 -2 7/8 in tubing, they were subsequently stopped as their paper didn't checkout, they drivers were cleared but the truck remained impounded by the Santa Flora police stating for quite some time.

Not to mention the instance of contractors with no rig being paid upfront to only then go and buy the rig (that probably was not within specification) and then use it for jobs within Petrotrin.

So for the most part the myth of the ENTIRE RIG disappearing is probably reaching but it is rooted in several small truths, small but true none the less.

And as a young employee there at the time, quite hilarious.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 22nd, 2019, 9:30 pm

I was hoping you would have mentioned names like Cooper, Ideco Rambler and Skytop.
Numb3r4 wrote:

daxt0r wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Myth, to some extent yes but the their is a lot of truth to the story. Their were noted instances of Petrotrin's equipment being used and leased to other contractors with out the knowledge of Stores or the Machine shop, other instances of Petrotrin equipment being loaned to specific contractors for specific jobs even though said contractors indicated the ability to do the job on their own without Petrotrin's equipment, often at the expense of the company.

One event that I know of involved a rig that while being moved had a component of the mast fell off and damage a public vehicle and as such the Police were called and they unknowingly called Petrotrin thinking it was a Petrotrin rig, when Petrotrin arrived they realised that said mast component was theirs and was now being used full time on a contractors rig.

Another issue involved a contractor's truck being used to move a load of 2 3/8 -2 7/8 in tubing, they were subsequently stopped as their paper didn't checkout, they drivers were cleared but the truck remained impounded by the Santa Flora police stating for quite some time.

Not to mention the instance of contractors with no rig being paid upfront to only then go and buy the rig (that probably was not within specification) and then use it for jobs within Petrotrin.

So for the most part the myth of the ENTIRE RIG disappearing is probably reaching but it is rooted in several small truths, small but true none the less.

Numb3r4
Riding on 17's

Postby Numb3r4 » June 23rd, 2019, 1:39 am

Pointman-IA wrote:I was hoping you would have mentioned names like Cooper, Ideco Rambler and Skytop.
Numb3r4 wrote:

daxt0r wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Most industries do this bro, plus you get a free cookie and Malta and 2 hours off work.

I won't get that specific, I'll leave some stuff for the imagination.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 24th, 2019, 5:59 am

De Dragon wrote:One of the greatest injustices ever done to workers was at PT! This model of efficiency and profitability was driven into the ground solely by management and the PP Government. These hard working employees who never abused a single perk or benefit were left out to dry by Espinet. Sad that a company that consistently made profits, and the best billion dollar decisions like WGTL, and Samsung had to close, and thus anger caring citizens like Joshie23 and PointMan-IA.

I was going to ask if you didn't have company shares to be multiplying, but then I realised it was Saturday that you posted. Then again, hard-working, shares-owning employees like you don't take days off. #worldsbestworker

You know, your apparent obsession with the whole Petrotrin situation puts some questions in my mind regarding some personal issues you may have that you haven't yet dealt with. Questions that probably aren't TriniTuner friendly. Feel free to PM me though or even let me know if you want to chat on WhatsApp. My friends and family that were affected by the closure have moved on and they were fired...and your chest still bunning yuh?? This inferiority complex rehhllyy starting to act up hoss. Get help, Dragon. I repeat...GET HELP.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 24th, 2019, 7:45 am

De Dragon.

Take care yuh get a heart attack for worrying about the fate that lead to the closure of that particular state entity.

And yes I am proud to be a former employee of the Petroleum Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited.

And yes I am proud to be a citizen of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.

I commend you De Dragon for being employed in the private sector and boasting you have shares but when we all leave this life, we are not taking it with us.

**Pointman-IA was last seen conducting business with private entities in Europe because some of them in Trinidad provide poor quality products and charge ridiculous prices**
De Dragon wrote:
daxt0r wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

One of the greatest injustices ever done to workers was at PT! This model of efficiency and profitability was driven into the ground solely by management and the PP Government. These hard working employees who never abused a single perk or benefit were left out to dry by Espinet. Sad that a company that consistently made profits, and the best billion dollar decisions like WGTL, and Samsung had to close, and thus anger caring citizens like Joshie23 and PointMan-IA.

Galvatron
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Galvatron » June 24th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Just a thought....haven't heard any Petrotrin workers complain about their compensation package!

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 24th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Galvatron wrote:Just a thought....haven't heard any Petrotrin workers complain about their compensation package!

Complain for what exactly? You from Trinidad?

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 24th, 2019, 6:08 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:De Dragon.

Take care yuh get a heart attack for worrying about the fate that lead to the closure of that particular state entity.

And yes I am proud to be a former employee of the Petroleum Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited.

And yes I am proud to be a citizen of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.

I commend you De Dragon for being employed in the private sector and boasting you have shares but when we all leave this life, we are not taking it with us.

**Pointman-IA was last seen conducting business with private entities in Europe because some of them in Trinidad provide poor quality products and charge ridiculous prices**
De Dragon wrote:
daxt0r wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Preach.

Numb3r4
Riding on 17's

Postby Numb3r4 » June 24th, 2019, 6:25 pm

Galvatron wrote:Just a thought....haven't heard any Petrotrin workers complain about their compensation package!

Some got goof deals I guess....but many did not.

For those who got they can afford to move on, for those who did not they don't have the time or luxury to complain, they have no choice but to move on.

Those who got job similar to their old one in the new versions of the company, have taken it ultimately because they have little to no other choice, at a drastically reduced salary, often operating on a labour contract that specifies their employment 1 to 2 weeks at a time.

Many have acknowledged that they have been beaten, if not verbally, but you see it, you realize it, and I've seen some of them now and it's a bit sad.

Some are even coming to terms or being forced to come to terms with they fact that they have maybe made the wrong decisions with their lives.

"They can't do we dis" he said, after they had already done it.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 24th, 2019, 6:28 pm

First ask how many actually got "compensated*
Don't believe the idiot on the podium saying "they were generously compensated"...

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » June 24th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Former refinery operator went to the bank wearing only this to protest the foreclosure of his property.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 24th, 2019, 11:45 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:One of the greatest injustices ever done to workers was at PT! This model of efficiency and profitability was driven into the ground solely by management and the PP Government. These hard working employees who never abused a single perk or benefit were left out to dry by Espinet. Sad that a company that consistently made profits, and the best billion dollar decisions like WGTL, and Samsung had to close, and thus anger caring citizens like Joshie23 and PointMan-IA.

I was going to ask if you didn't have company shares to be multiplying, but then I realised it was Saturday that you posted. Then again, hard-working, shares-owning employees like you don't take days off. #worldsbestworker

You know, your apparent obsession with the whole Petrotrin situation puts some questions in my mind regarding some personal issues you may have that you haven't yet dealt with. Questions that probably aren't TriniTuner friendly. Feel free to PM me though or even let me know if you want to chat on WhatsApp. My friends and family that were affected by the closure have moved on and they were fired...and your chest still bunning yuh?? This inferiority complex rehhllyy starting to act up hoss. Get help, Dragon. I repeat...GET HELP.

Forgive me if I decline your request for contact and communication, as you have the conversational skills of a large rock. Saturday you say? Clownoso, I work shift, so Saturday is a normal working day for me sometimes. Maybe your PT friends and family used to make a point of not working Saturdays? Your disdain for people who show up for their scheduled workdays says it all about your attitude towards work, which is not surprising given your staunch defence of practices at PT that would never fly anywhere else in the industry.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » June 25th, 2019, 4:36 am

De Dragon wrote:Forgive me if I decline your request for contact and communication, as you have the conversational skills of a large rock. Saturday you say? Clownoso, I work shift, so Saturday is a normal working day for me sometimes. Maybe your PT friends and family used to make a point of not working Saturdays? Your disdain for people who show up for their scheduled workdays says it all about your attitude towards work, which is not surprising given your staunch defence of practices at PT that would never fly anywhere else in the industry.

Ooh. Not just any old rock....but a large one? Your to kind. Or should it be 'you're' and 'too'? Not sure. Maybe your Master's in Communication Studies can assist me. I'm glad you went to work on Saturday. I did too. You're not special. :lol: To your statement about my associates 'making a point to not show up to work on Saturdays', a Canadian study showed that over a 20 year period, a consistent 75% of people worked regular, weekday shifts. So statistically, we're in the minority. Maybe you are special after all.

And in response to your point about 'practices that would never fly anywhere else in the industry'...... :lol: :lol: :lol: Ay, Dragon, boy...you got your wish. Petrotrin is closed. You should be happy. Why do you not seem happy? Or is it excessive joy that has you still caught up on the matter?

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 25th, 2019, 4:50 am

De Dragon.

There were Petrotrin workers that worked diligently on Saturdays, just like you.

Are you employed in the oil and gas sector or the hospitality sector?

Playing in the BPL isn't the same as playing in the league over here.
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

Forgive me if I decline your request for contact and communication, as you have the conversational skills of a large rock. Saturday you say? Clownoso, I work shift, so Saturday is a normal working day for me sometimes. Maybe your PT friends and family used to make a point of not working Saturdays? Your disdain for people who show up for their scheduled workdays says it all about your attitude towards work, which is not surprising given your staunch defence of practices at PT that would never fly anywhere else in the industry.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”