Petrotrin update

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

randolphinshan
Riding on 16's

Re: Petrotrin update

Postby randolphinshan » June 25th, 2019, 9:36 am

car wrote:Image

Former refinery operator went to the bank wearing only this to protest the foreclosure of his property.

Look at this man nah, no shame. Whilst employed he was making more than triple the national average wage of the majority of workers in this island. Where the money gone now ? Surely he was aware that his wages were highly inflated and unsustainable especially in a floundering company. Time for him to wake up. He already has the coverall, just get a brush cutter now and suffer to survive just as the majority of the working class were doing years ago

Advertisement
Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 25th, 2019, 11:11 am

Despite all the beat up- we are here....All the stake holders over the last 20 years contributed to where we are today.

Management,Labor,Contractors,Union the political directorate all milked the cow.

And yes the labor and the union component played an on going role in killing the company.

To say anything else is dishonest.

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » June 25th, 2019, 11:23 am

randolphinshan wrote:

Former refinery operator went to the bank wearing only this to protest the foreclosure of his property.

Look at this man nah, no shame. Whilst employed he was making more than triple the national average wage of the majority of workers in this island. Where the money gone now ? Surely he was aware that his wages were highly inflated and unsustainable especially in a floundering company. Time for him to wake up. He already has the coverall, just get a brush cutter now and suffer to survive just as the majority of the working class were doing years ago
Dumb arse an oil worker anywhere in the world always makes more than the agv wage. It's a high skill job and not no goverment clerk or bank job.

In the UK an oil worker makes £4600 agv per month while a goverment employee is at £2300.

Industrial education pays over CXC grade 3 passes.

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » June 25th, 2019, 11:24 am

Redman wrote:Despite all the beat up- we are here....All the stake holders over the last 20 years contributed to where we are today.

Management,Labor,Contractors,Union the political directorate all milked the cow.

And yes the labor and the union component played an on going role in killing the company.

To say anything else is dishonest.
That's because the unions are owned by PNM

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 25th, 2019, 7:24 pm

Galvatron wrote:Just a thought....haven't heard any Petrotrin workers complain about their compensation package!

Money still owed. Many "workers" have nothing to complain about because they got nothing. Former workers still waiting for the money that Petrotrin hold back for "BIR" although BIR say they can't do that.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 25th, 2019, 10:23 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:De Dragon.

There were Petrotrin workers that worked diligently on Saturdays, just like you.

Are you employed in the oil and gas sector or the hospitality sector?

Playing in the BPL isn't the same as playing in the league over here.
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:One of the greatest injustices ever done to workers was at PT! This model of efficiency and profitability was driven into the ground solely by management and the PP Government. These hard working employees who never abused a single perk or benefit were left out to dry by Espinet. Sad that a company that consistently made profits, and the best billion dollar decisions like WGTL, and Samsung had to close, and thus anger caring citizens like Joshie23 and PointMan-IA.

I was going to ask if you didn't have company shares to be multiplying, but then I realised it was Saturday that you posted. Then again, hard-working, shares-owning employees like you don't take days off. #worldsbestworker

You know, your apparent obsession with the whole Petrotrin situation puts some questions in my mind regarding some personal issues you may have that you haven't yet dealt with. Questions that probably aren't TriniTuner friendly. Feel free to PM me though or even let me know if you want to chat on WhatsApp. My friends and family that were affected by the closure have moved on and they were fired...and your chest still bunning yuh?? This inferiority complex rehhllyy starting to act up hoss. Get help, Dragon. I repeat...GET HELP.

Forgive me if I decline your request for contact and communication, as you have the conversational skills of a large rock. Saturday you say? Clownoso, I work shift, so Saturday is a normal working day for me sometimes. Maybe your PT friends and family used to make a point of not working Saturdays? Your disdain for people who show up for their scheduled workdays says it all about your attitude towards work, which is not surprising given your staunch defence of practices at PT that would never fly anywhere else in the industry.

I'm employed.
Typical PT worker to attempt to be superior and dismissive of anyone who dares to point out the obvious reasons why PT was failing, and ultimately failed. BPL? What league are you playing in now? :lol: 'm sure I'm playing in the league that many of your ex-colleagues are inundating with applications right now. You lost your job and that's tough, but the failure by you and Joshie23 to even acknowledge that a bag of sheit was allowed to happen at PT, is counterproductive.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 25th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Forgive me if I decline your request for contact and communication, as you have the conversational skills of a large rock. Saturday you say? Clownoso, I work shift, so Saturday is a normal working day for me sometimes. Maybe your PT friends and family used to make a point of not working Saturdays? Your disdain for people who show up for their scheduled workdays says it all about your attitude towards work, which is not surprising given your staunch defence of practices at PT that would never fly anywhere else in the industry.

Ooh. Not just any old rock....but a large one? Your to kind. Or should it be 'you're' and 'too'? Not sure. Maybe your Master's in Communication Studies can assist me. I'm glad you went to work on Saturday. I did too. You're not special. :lol: To your statement about my associates 'making a point to not show up to work on Saturdays', a Canadian study showed that over a 20 year period, a consistent 75% of people worked regular, weekday shifts. So statistically, we're in the minority. Maybe you are special after all.

And in response to your point about 'practices that would never fly anywhere else in the industry'...... :lol: :lol: :lol: Ay, Dragon, boy...you got your wish. Petrotrin is closed. You should be happy. Why do you not seem happy? Or is it excessive joy that has you still caught up on the matter?

Dummy, do you know what the little hook with the dot thingy at the end of a sentence means? Even a Standard One student could tell you that, far less someone with a Masters in Communication. :wink: Your time would be better spent availing yourself of the counselling that PT offered, where you can work on letting go of your bitterness and resentful feelings.

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » June 25th, 2019, 10:52 pm

I fed up tell men, don't stay in the same job for more than 5 years. Keep moving improve yourself. Market yourself.

Learn to read the company and what bullchit is taking place. Know when to exit. Working for a company is like riding stocks and shares, you have to know when to leave.

If you do get a promotion in the same company count it as a new job and give that a 5 year plan. No improvement then ride out.

There is no employee loyalty, it's all bullchit. An employer don't care two chits about you as you can be replaced on a snap of the finger.

The_Honourable
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby The_Honourable » June 25th, 2019, 11:24 pm

zoom rader wrote:I fed up tell men, don't stay in the same job for more than 5 years. Keep moving improve yourself. Market yourself.

Learn to read the company and what bullchit is taking place. Know when to exit. Working for a company is like riding stocks and shares, you have to know when to leave.

If you do get a promotion in the same company count it as a new job and give that a 5 year plan. No improvement then ride out.

There is no employee loyalty, it's all bullchit. An employer don't care two chits about you as you can be replaced on a snap of the finger.

Good advice Zoom, i'll keep that in mind.

Numb3r4
Riding on 17's

Postby Numb3r4 » June 26th, 2019, 12:15 am

zoom rader wrote:I fed up tell men, don't stay in the same job for more than 5 years. Keep moving improve yourself. Market yourself.

Agreed.

In a way this can also be applied to a person's experience with political parties.

Good info./advice

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 26th, 2019, 4:39 am

Nice response Zoom.

Or in the same job position for more than 3 years that can make one stagnant.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 26th, 2019, 4:40 am

I am playing in a league.
De Dragon wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:De Dragon.

There were Petrotrin workers that worked diligently on Saturdays, just like you.

Are you employed in the oil and gas sector or the hospitality sector?

Playing in the BPL isn't the same as playing in the league over here.
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:One of the greatest injustices ever done to workers was at PT! This model of efficiency and profitability was driven into the ground solely by management and the PP Government. These hard working employees who never abused a single perk or benefit were left out to dry by Espinet. Sad that a company that consistently made profits, and the best billion dollar decisions like WGTL, and Samsung had to close, and thus anger caring citizens like Joshie23 and PointMan-IA.

I was going to ask if you didn't have company shares to be multiplying, but then I realised it was Saturday that you posted. Then again, hard-working, shares-owning employees like you don't take days off. #worldsbestworker

You know, your apparent obsession with the whole Petrotrin situation puts some questions in my mind regarding some personal issues you may have that you haven't yet dealt with. Questions that probably aren't TriniTuner friendly. Feel free to PM me though or even let me know if you want to chat on WhatsApp. My friends and family that were affected by the closure have moved on and they were fired...and your chest still bunning yuh?? This inferiority complex rehhllyy starting to act up hoss. Get help, Dragon. I repeat...GET HELP.

Forgive me if I decline your request for contact and communication, as you have the conversational skills of a large rock. Saturday you say? Clownoso, I work shift, so Saturday is a normal working day for me sometimes. Maybe your PT friends and family used to make a point of not working Saturdays? Your disdain for people who show up for their scheduled workdays says it all about your attitude towards work, which is not surprising given your staunch defence of practices at PT that would never fly anywhere else in the industry.

I'm employed.
Typical PT worker to attempt to be superior and dismissive of anyone who dares to point out the obvious reasons why PT was failing, and ultimately failed. BPL? What league are you playing in now? 'm sure I'm playing in the league that many of your ex-colleagues are inundating with applications right now. You lost your job and that's tough, but the failure by you and Joshie23 to even acknowledge that a bag of sheit was allowed to happen at PT, is counterproductive.

shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 26th, 2019, 6:16 am

:agrue:
Attachments
IMG-20190626-WA0001.jpg

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 26th, 2019, 6:21 am

Is that who I think it is?
shake d livin wake d dead wrote::agrue:

jhonnieblue
Riding on 17's

Postby jhonnieblue » June 26th, 2019, 6:43 am

zoom rader wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:

Dumb arse an oil worker anywhere in the world always makes more than the agv wage. It's a high skill job and not no goverment clerk or bank job.

In the UK an oil worker makes £4600 agv per month while a goverment employee is at £2300.

When people don’t know the whole story it’s easy to twist it to suit ones needs lol.

This guy here is off his rocker. Not the first time he has done this. He went mad while working petrotrin. Pulled this exact stunt before and assaulted some bank staff back in the day and petrotrin wanted to fire him. He’s been warded due to mental instability etc. so no he is not prostrating for job loss etc. it just makes a good story as he has on the coverall.

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » June 26th, 2019, 7:11 am

Pointman-IA wrote:Nice response Zoom.

Or in the same job position for more than 3 years that can make one stagnant.

In every job give yourself a 5 year plan. Work towards that promotion, show you can do the job. At the same time always keep learning, do an education upgrade and lean new skills.

If at the end of the 5 years the company fails to reconsise you then start looking.

The longest I have ever worked in a company was 11 years and that's because I had two promotions in that time frame. At that time I knew the company was making hugh profits and telling workers due to the global financial meltdown (2008) they freezing pay increases (4 yrs). This is a company that sells in US and pays in TT. So I read the bullchit, other workers was pretty smart and they did education upgrades and left around that same time frame as I did. The company could not careless cause there was always 10 men they could find on the go. As men left the reliability and operation took a dip as the skills left. Companies don't care they glad when you leave cause if they pay you 10G the guy that takes your job will get 5G.

The only time you could be stuck in a job and have to take the BS is if you have a morage and heavy loans. But as we see you can still end up without a job as with PT.

The question is do I change jobs when I have a morage/heavy loans? At the end of the day NO job is secure. You have keep moving to pay off your debts. There is no such thing as job security.

Companies expect employees will leave and they always have plans for when happens. In the UK staying in one job is seen as you have no ambition.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 26th, 2019, 8:26 am

Nooooo job is permanent....even if it has the "name" to it..

wingnut
Street 2NR

Postby wingnut » June 26th, 2019, 10:08 am

Great advice there zr. Whats ur advice if you're in a small dept that has no forseeable upward movement options unless someone resign/retire/ded. Stick it out till someting opens up?

Also considering Its a relatively good company to work for in terms of stability, salary, benefits, permanent and given the current economic conditions and job market.

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » June 26th, 2019, 10:42 am

wingnut wrote:Great advice there zr. Whats ur advice if you're in a small dept that has no forseeable upward movement options unless someone resign/retire/ded. Stick it out till someting opens up?

Also considering Its a relatively good company to work for in terms of stability, salary, benefits, permanent and given the current economic conditions and job market.
If you not seeing improvements in terms is wages, added benefits or promotions then look to upgrade your education or skills. If possible do or start a side bussines. Added benefits could be more vacation days, company 0% loans, ect.

Only way out of dead end jobs is to uplift your education and keep looking.

Some folk just happy to do the same job year after year and it does not matter to them in terms of promotions or upgrading their education/skills.

I know a guy that refused a promotion because it carried more responsibility, working at nights and he had about 3 years to retire at 55.

shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 26th, 2019, 1:28 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:Is that who I think it is?

Yup..word going around is he shut down after filling up

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 26th, 2019, 2:04 pm

Hope he didn't put diesel.
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 26th, 2019, 2:07 pm

zoom rader wrote:
wingnut wrote:Great advice there zr. Whats ur advice if you're in a small dept that has no forseeable upward movement options unless someone resign/retire/ded. Stick it out till someting opens up?

If you not seeing improvements in terms is wages, added benefits or promotions then look to upgrade your education or skills. If possible do or start a side bussines. Added benefits could be more vacation days, company 0% loans, ect.

Only way out of dead end jobs is to uplift your education and keep looking.

Some folk just happy to do the same job year after year and it does not matter to them in terms of promotions or upgrading their education/skills.

I know a guy that refused a promotion because it carried more responsibility, working at nights and he had about 3 years to retire at 55.
That is some good advice Zoom Raider.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 27th, 2019, 2:06 am

My work experience is different than what zr advocates though. I've spent at least a decade in my last two jobs. First one, came through the ranks, second one the money and benefits were/are excellent

Sateesh
Riding on 13's

Postby Sateesh » June 27th, 2019, 5:38 am

so yuh blaming everyone but if they did not borrow 12 plus billion you would still have this thread. We bailed out Clico for more than twice that and we quiet. :mrgreen:

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » June 27th, 2019, 7:00 am

De Dragon wrote:My work experience is different than what zr advocates though. I've spent at least a decade in my last two jobs. First one, came through the ranks, second one the money and benefits were/are excellent
That's what I did, I made sure I was growing within 5 years. I spent 11 years in one job cause of two promotions and extra vacation. I could have stayed and would still been working there. But I took my chances.

PT and Caroni (factory) workers got complacent and expected it to last forever. They were certain it was secured , no job is secured.

I had some of the best jobs in Trini and abroad.
In the end I beat the jobs to it as I retired at a very early age. I made sure I was secured. Parallel to my jobs I rented out appartments as I saw it as tax free income. That's why I said folk need to have a side income and it is why I support pure local trini businesses. I have stopped supporting Syrians and non local Chinese. They don't support locals.

The trini worker needs to secure himself first, employers don't give two chits about you. Our labour laws are really indentured and primative. I have worked abroad and in Europe and have seen real labour laws. You have to be a total clown to get fired or loose you job.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 27th, 2019, 9:17 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:

When people don’t know the whole story it’s easy to twist it to suit ones needs lol.

This guy here is off his rocker. Not the first time he has done this. He went mad while working petrotrin. Pulled this exact stunt before and assaulted some bank staff back in the day and petrotrin wanted to fire him. He’s been warded due to mental instability etc. so no he is not prostrating for job loss etc. it just makes a good story as he has on the coverall.

Kind of hard to believe because he is/was an OPERATOR of a REFINERY.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 27th, 2019, 9:24 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

with Paria fuel

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 27th, 2019, 9:32 pm

Can you guess who the new operator will be? According to Khan the new operator "will be supplying their OWN supply of crude to be refined"

#donedeal

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 27th, 2019, 9:52 pm

V&A?
kstt wrote:Can you guess who the new operator will be? According to Khan the new operator "will be supplying their OWN supply of crude to be refined"

#donedeal

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » June 27th, 2019, 9:57 pm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”