Petrotrin update: now Trinidad Petroleum Holdings Ltd

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kstt
Riding on 16's

Re: Petrotrin update

Postby kstt » July 15th, 2019, 7:33 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Kid looks familiar though.

Not bashing him or anything but men seems to have gotten too comfortable when they landed a job in there. Its always wise to never stop diversifying your skills. Many employees branched out into other things when they were there.

Poor guy maybe feel like his world ended.

That was/is kind of the sad part, their were genuinely guys who were good and wanted to make something, however they only saw themselves dedicating their effort to one particular company, they genuinely thought that they would be able to have one job or at least a long term one, sadly they didn't see the need to consider other options.

Many folks fed the young guys the hope that Petrotrin was a "good" company, or "yuh go get through man" or "dey need peeple"...
Folks probably doubted their own sense of good judgement, even when I was there it was common the hear, if you asked folks about the state of the company or about whether or not the company needs people many would have said yes, or "a lot of dem fellas set to retire...so they hirin' dem young fellas".

Reality and personal experience has since proved otherwise.

But back to the original point he probably planned his career/life trajectory on the now false hope that there was a long term job there, got wound too tight in expectation, the social network around the job and probably planned his life around it as well, thus when the bottom fell through well....

Another point to make is how many of the former employees older ones in general are suffering health complications on account of the added stress. It's easy to say that they lead an inflated lifestyle and that they should now bring it to a more realistic one.

I know adjustments have to made but in today's fast paced world how?

The crux of it all is that all the wrong folks are paying too high a price for the past mis-deeds of the guilty few, then again that's life.

Also very disturbing about this event is as a retiree told me they contributed to THEIR medical plan for THEIR medical benefits for 20 to 40 years and lost it. Which asks the question "Where the morrrney gornnn? "

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » July 15th, 2019, 7:40 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Like the guardian photographer get a raise...

PM's friend Baksh freed of criminal charges

THE CEO of A&V Drilling, Haniff Nizam Baksh, who is also a close friend of the Prime Minister, has been freed of criminal charges of assault and malicious damage arising out of an alleged attack on a media photographer in 2017 .

He was charged along with his son-in-law Billy Ramsundar.

The cases were set for trial in the Siparia Magistrates' Court yesterday but witnesses were a no-show and senior magistrate Margaret Alert dismissed all four charges. The police were not ready to proceed and though a state attorney requested a final adjournment to put its house in order, Alert said people cannot make a mockery of the criminal procedure rules which govern the criminal court system.

Former attorney general Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj, SC, leading attorneys Prakash Ramadhar and Michael Rooplal for Baksh and Ramsundar, said since the charges on September 15, 2017, they had been called before the magistrate for hearing on more than eight occasions .

Baksh is Rowley's friend and Ramsundar is the husband of former People's National Movement senator Allyson Baksh.

Baksh was charged with occasioning actual bodily to Guardian Media Ltd's photographer Kristian De Silva. The charge against Ramsundar was that he damaged a Guardian Media Ltd camera valued at US$1,600.

The charges stemmed from an incident at A&V Drilling's compound at Nazim Avenue, Penal, where media personnel tried to interview Baksh about Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar's disclosure on the political platform of a so-called "fake oil" confidential report on the now defunct state-owned Petrotrin.

Yesterday when state attorney Ambay Ramkelawan, asked for a final adjournment, Maharaj said not even the police witnesses were present. Despite the magistrate having set the case down for trial yesterday, De Silva, the victim in the case did not appear either and no representative from Guardian Media was present.

Maharaj asked Alert to dismiss the charges.

Alert asked Baksh and Ramsundar to stand, and saying that the criminal rules were there for a purpose, she told both that the charges were dismissed.

Ramsundar is an inspector of police.

Or death threats. Kind of strange no one at all showed up.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 15th, 2019, 10:19 pm

Once again swift, favourable justice for a connected and corrupt PNM financier/friend/flunky. Remember Malcolm Jones? Ken Julien?

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » July 16th, 2019, 5:57 am

Foot soldiers in every aspect of our society in high places.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 16th, 2019, 6:57 am

Numb3r4 wrote:Serious question here for those in the know.

Has anyone heard that the pension plan for the Petrotrin folks may be in jeopardy as the government has not or may not continue its obligation to the plan?

I have heard that since many of the workers were put on early retirement, the existing plan is not being withdrawn faster.

It was said that older retirees were on a different plan and as such they were "safe", however since the closure both the current set that were given early retirement and the older retirees' plans have been co-mingled so to speak and as such it may be in trouble. Mention was made that the cover for the pension is now significantly reduced.

From what I understand its some 20 billion or so in that reserve. So where did it all go?
Nobody making a scene, nobody asking anything.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 16th, 2019, 6:48 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:Serious question here for those in the know.

Has anyone heard that the pension plan for the Petrotrin folks may be in jeopardy as the government has not or may not continue its obligation to the plan?

I have heard that since many of the workers were put on early retirement, the existing plan is not being withdrawn faster.

It was said that older retirees were on a different plan and as such they were "safe", however since the closure both the current set that were given early retirement and the older retirees' plans have been co-mingled so to speak and as such it may be in trouble. Mention was made that the cover for the pension is now significantly reduced.

From what I understand its some 20 billion or so in that reserve. So where did it all go?
Nobody making a scene, nobody asking anything.

Can't confirm that number but retirees said that they had contributed to that plan, if so then the money should be there.

So true where is the money?

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » July 22nd, 2019, 11:09 am

Anyone notice a new white stack when passing on the highway? Or was that always there?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 22nd, 2019, 8:33 pm

kstt wrote:Anyone notice a new white stack when passing on the highway? Or was that always there?

Do you have a photo? Serious question.

That will help a lot.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » July 23rd, 2019, 1:40 pm

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » July 23rd, 2019, 2:17 pm

GTL

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 30th, 2019, 7:49 pm

Charges re-laid against Nazim Baksh, owner of A&V Oil and Gas Limited and Sergeant Billy Ramsundar.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 8th, 2019, 10:29 am

whatdeass dale mcleod doing there?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Petrotrin update

Postby tr1ad » August 8th, 2019, 10:46 am

Curtms wrote:GTL

Nope you can’t see GTL from the highway as it’s on the other side...

That’s the acid plant, probably up since 2010

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 3rd, 2019, 12:27 pm

Well, yes. These people have no shame.

A&V boss, son-in-law claim abuse of process by State
Date:
Tuesday, September 3, 2019 - 11:45

A&V Oil & Gas Ltd CEO Han­iff Naz­im Baksh and his son-in-law Sgt Bil­ly Ram­sun­dar will be fil­ing sub­mis­sions for abuse of process against the State.

Se­nior Coun­sel Ramesh Lawrence Ma­haraj made the dis­clo­sure when the men ap­peared in the Siparia Mag­is­trates' Court charged with as­sault and ma­li­cious dam­age of­fences aris­ing out of an al­leged at­tack against Guardian Me­dia Ltd se­nior pho­tog­ra­ph­er Kris­t­ian De Sil­va.

An abuse of process may be de­fined as mis­use or per­ver­sion of reg­u­lar­ly is­sued le­gal process for ul­te­ri­or rea­sons. If the court does not rule in favour of dis­miss­ing the case, the de­fence said it will file for ju­di­cial re­view.

These charges against Baksh and Ram­sun­dar arose out of a Sep­tem­ber 2017 in­ci­dent out­side A&V Oil and Gas Ltd along Naz­im Av­enue, San Fran­cique. Last Ju­ly, they were thrown out by se­nior mag­is­trate Mar­garet Alert. Alert had ac­ceed­ed to the de­fence's re­quest for a dis­missal of the case for a lack of pros­e­cu­tion.

At the time of the in­ci­dent, De Sil­va was cov­er­ing the A&V "Fake Oil" scan­dal. Weeks lat­er, Di­rec­tor of Pub­lic Pros­e­cu­tions Roger Gas­pard or­dered that the charges be re­laid.

To­day's mat­ter was heard by Se­nior Mag­is­trate Wendy Dougdeen-Bal­ly in the Siparia First Court. The case will next be heard on Oc­to­ber 3.

- Kevon Felmine

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/av ... cess-state

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 3rd, 2019, 1:11 pm

^^^ These PNM injuns have no shame

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » September 3rd, 2019, 2:03 pm

“As a result, Government has indemnified the Board of Directors of Trinidad Petroleum Holdings Limited (TPHL) from any liability that may stem from the decisions or actions of the Evaluation Committee.”
This is the BS that we take all the time and shut up. Shouldn’t we be told who WILL take liability rather than who is indemnified

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » September 3rd, 2019, 2:57 pm

Baksh family is de reason it ain't have no petrotrin today. Baksh and Rowley better hope karma doh exist...

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 3rd, 2019, 3:37 pm

Allyuh know that the filing has zero to do with the Petrotrin issue?

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » September 4th, 2019, 8:38 am

whey boy dey change magistrate jus for dese clowns boy to get dey case dismiss again or woa or Your Worship Alert get ah week off, great is d PNM.
But on a more serious note meh case goin on dey for like 8 years now and it never get throw off up to now much less have i had charges relaid by DPP, so wa goin on? I cya get swift jostisss or wa cuz my name eh Baksh or McDonald.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 6th, 2019, 6:14 am

now for the matter that really matters, the a&v millions that was swindled :

http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/av- ... A.facebook

cnc3 wrote:A&V seeks $1 billion in damages

Date:
Sunday, October 6, 2019 - 05:45

Se­nior Coun­sel Ramesh Lawrence Ma­haraj is seek­ing $1 bil­lion in dam­ages on be­half of his client A&V Drilling when the mat­ter goes be­fore an Ar­bi­tra­tion Tri­bunal in Jan­u­ary next year.

Ac­com­pa­nied by a bat­tery of lawyers which in­clud­ed at­tor­neys Michael Rooplal, Prakash Ra­mad­har, Jagdeo Singh and Ron­nie Bisses­sar, Ma­haraj made his in­ten­tions clear as he ad­dressed mem­bers of the me­dia dur­ing a press con­fer­ence at his of­fice in San Fer­nan­do on Sat­ur­day.

As he had done many times in the past, Ma­haraj re­it­er­at­ed "that Petrotrin had wrong­ful­ly ter­mi­nat­ed A&V's con­tract and will be li­able to pay A&V sub­stan­tial dam­ages."

The Tri­bunal which com­pris­es a pan­el of ar­bi­tra­tors in­clud­ing for­mer pres­i­dent of the Caribbean Court of Jus­tice Sir Den­nis By­ron, for­mer judge of the Ju­di­cial Com­mit­tee of the Privy Coun­cil Lord Hope and re­tired Jus­tice of Ap­peal Humphrey Stollmey­er, will meet in Jan­u­ary 2020.

Ma­haraj said the Privy Coun­cil did not de­ter­mine the case of wrong­ful ter­mi­na­tion of the con­tract by Petrotrin not­ing that it is through the Tri­bunal that A&V's chief ex­ec­u­tive of­fi­cer, Han­iff Baksh will get jus­tice.

"A&V did not have a right of ap­peal to the Privy Coun­cil. lt had to get leave of the Privy Coun­cil to ap­peal. In or­der to get leave, it had to show that the ap­peal con­cerned a point of law of gen­er­al and pub­lic im­por­tance. The Privy Coun­cil held that there was not a point of law of gen­er­al and pub­lic im­por­tance," Ma­haraj said as he sought to ex­plain how the mat­ter end­ed up be­fore a Tri­bunal.

He said apart from suf­fer­ing from defama­tion of char­ac­ter and loss of busi­ness, A&V has not been paid for crude oil sup­plied to Petrotrin since June 2017.

Pre­dict­ing a vic­to­ry at the Tri­bunal, Ma­haraj said, "I am 150 per cent sure that there could be on­ly one re­sult in this case. Lord Hope is not go­ing to tol­er­ate un­fair­ness and in­jus­tice."

Own­er of the Sun­shine news­pa­per and for­mer Works Min­is­ter Jack Warn­er who at­tend­ed the press con­fer­ence asked Ma­haraj whether ar­bi­tra­tion was the fi­nal step.

Ma­haraj re­spond­ed, "There is a school of thought that says if there is an er­ror of law the Court of Ap­peal has ju­ris­dic­tion, but on­ly if there is an er­ror of law." Ma­haraj not­ed that no con­trac­tor re­placed A&V in the Cat­shill field af­ter the con­tract was ter­mi­nat­ed. "As Baksh's lawyers we're very ag­gres­sive­ly op­posed to this and if this was done, dam­ages would have been height­ened."

He not­ed that the Tri­bunal can make an or­der for dam­ages.

When asked how much dam­ages they want­ed, Ma­haraj said, "Dam­ages in terms of one bil­lion dol­lars." Asked whether he was fight­ing Baksh's case pro bono, Ma­haraj re­spond­ed, "I don't think that ques­tion should arise. I feel strong­ly about this case. I feel it's an in­jus­tice to me. I have an ex­treme pas­sion for this case and I will en­sure that Baksh gets jus­tice."

He said lawyers for A&V had sev­er­al re­ports from Petrotrin's ex­perts that the oil wells op­er­at­ed by A&V at the Cat­shill field had the oil reser­voir ca­pac­i­ty to pro­duce the vol­ume of oil that A&V pro­duced and sold to Petrotrin. He said the Petrotrin records showed the pump al­so had the ca­pac­i­ty as well as proof that the mea­sure­ment sys­tem used by Petrotrin was flawed and could not be re­lied up­on. He al­so said the treat­ment met­ed out to Baksh on­ly served to ham­per pub­lic in­vest­ments.

"State com­pa­nies must not use the courts for the pur­pose of de­lay­ing pay­ments to the pri­vate sec­tor. State com­pa­nies which em­ploy that strat­e­gy are not on­ly dis­hon­our­ing their con­trac­tu­al oblig­a­tions but are al­so en­gag­ing in ac­tion which neg­a­tive­ly im­pacts on pri­vate sec­tor in­vest­ment," he added.

Ma­haraj not­ed that the in­de­pen­dent Kroll re­port which Petrotrin used to ter­mi­nate A&V's con­tract had kept hid­den from A&V lawyers. How­ev­er he said this re­port could not save Petrotrin at this time as there were many oth­er re­ports avail­able which proved that Baksh was wronged by the com­pa­ny.

- Radhica De Silva

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » October 6th, 2019, 8:36 am

No fkin shame yes.....

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » October 6th, 2019, 9:53 am

So he wait for the company and the case files to disappear from existence...

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 6th, 2019, 10:27 am

Have to admire ppl who know how to work the system and then milk it for what it's worth!

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » October 6th, 2019, 10:58 am

Shame-proof...

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 6th, 2019, 11:04 am

sMASH wrote:now for the matter that really matters, the a&v millions that was swindled :

http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/av- ... A.facebook

cnc3 wrote:A&V seeks $1 billion in damages

Date:
Sunday, October 6, 2019 - 05:45

Se­nior Coun­sel Ramesh Lawrence Ma­haraj is seek­ing $1 bil­lion in dam­ages on be­half of his client A&V Drilling when the mat­ter goes be­fore an Ar­bi­tra­tion Tri­bunal in Jan­u­ary next year.

Ac­com­pa­nied by a bat­tery of lawyers which in­clud­ed at­tor­neys Michael Rooplal, Prakash Ra­mad­har, Jagdeo Singh and Ron­nie Bisses­sar, Ma­haraj made his in­ten­tions clear as he ad­dressed mem­bers of the me­dia dur­ing a press con­fer­ence at his of­fice in San Fer­nan­do on Sat­ur­day.

As he had done many times in the past, Ma­haraj re­it­er­at­ed "that Petrotrin had wrong­ful­ly ter­mi­nat­ed A&V's con­tract and will be li­able to pay A&V sub­stan­tial dam­ages."

The Tri­bunal which com­pris­es a pan­el of ar­bi­tra­tors in­clud­ing for­mer pres­i­dent of the Caribbean Court of Jus­tice Sir Den­nis By­ron, for­mer judge of the Ju­di­cial Com­mit­tee of the Privy Coun­cil Lord Hope and re­tired Jus­tice of Ap­peal Humphrey Stollmey­er, will meet in Jan­u­ary 2020.

Ma­haraj said the Privy Coun­cil did not de­ter­mine the case of wrong­ful ter­mi­na­tion of the con­tract by Petrotrin not­ing that it is through the Tri­bunal that A&V's chief ex­ec­u­tive of­fi­cer, Han­iff Baksh will get jus­tice.

"A&V did not have a right of ap­peal to the Privy Coun­cil. lt had to get leave of the Privy Coun­cil to ap­peal. In or­der to get leave, it had to show that the ap­peal con­cerned a point of law of gen­er­al and pub­lic im­por­tance. The Privy Coun­cil held that there was not a point of law of gen­er­al and pub­lic im­por­tance," Ma­haraj said as he sought to ex­plain how the mat­ter end­ed up be­fore a Tri­bunal.

He said apart from suf­fer­ing from defama­tion of char­ac­ter and loss of busi­ness, A&V has not been paid for crude oil sup­plied to Petrotrin since June 2017.

Pre­dict­ing a vic­to­ry at the Tri­bunal, Ma­haraj said, "I am 150 per cent sure that there could be on­ly one re­sult in this case. Lord Hope is not go­ing to tol­er­ate un­fair­ness and in­jus­tice."

Own­er of the Sun­shine news­pa­per and for­mer Works Min­is­ter Jack Warn­er who at­tend­ed the press con­fer­ence asked Ma­haraj whether ar­bi­tra­tion was the fi­nal step.

Ma­haraj re­spond­ed, "There is a school of thought that says if there is an er­ror of law the Court of Ap­peal has ju­ris­dic­tion, but on­ly if there is an er­ror of law." Ma­haraj not­ed that no con­trac­tor re­placed A&V in the Cat­shill field af­ter the con­tract was ter­mi­nat­ed. "As Baksh's lawyers we're very ag­gres­sive­ly op­posed to this and if this was done, dam­ages would have been height­ened."

He not­ed that the Tri­bunal can make an or­der for dam­ages.

When asked how much dam­ages they want­ed, Ma­haraj said, "Dam­ages in terms of one bil­lion dol­lars." Asked whether he was fight­ing Baksh's case pro bono, Ma­haraj re­spond­ed, "I don't think that ques­tion should arise. I feel strong­ly about this case. I feel it's an in­jus­tice to me. I have an ex­treme pas­sion for this case and I will en­sure that Baksh gets jus­tice."

He said lawyers for A&V had sev­er­al re­ports from Petrotrin's ex­perts that the oil wells op­er­at­ed by A&V at the Cat­shill field had the oil reser­voir ca­pac­i­ty to pro­duce the vol­ume of oil that A&V pro­duced and sold to Petrotrin. He said the Petrotrin records showed the pump al­so had the ca­pac­i­ty as well as proof that the mea­sure­ment sys­tem used by Petrotrin was flawed and could not be re­lied up­on. He al­so said the treat­ment met­ed out to Baksh on­ly served to ham­per pub­lic in­vest­ments.

"State com­pa­nies must not use the courts for the pur­pose of de­lay­ing pay­ments to the pri­vate sec­tor. State com­pa­nies which em­ploy that strat­e­gy are not on­ly dis­hon­our­ing their con­trac­tu­al oblig­a­tions but are al­so en­gag­ing in ac­tion which neg­a­tive­ly im­pacts on pri­vate sec­tor in­vest­ment," he added.

Ma­haraj not­ed that the in­de­pen­dent Kroll re­port which Petrotrin used to ter­mi­nate A&V's con­tract had kept hid­den from A&V lawyers. How­ev­er he said this re­port could not save Petrotrin at this time as there were many oth­er re­ports avail­able which proved that Baksh was wronged by the com­pa­ny.

- Radhica De Silva

"I feel strongly about this case"... for that 1 billion dollars! :| :shock:

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » October 6th, 2019, 3:25 pm

Maybe they should be paid with water

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 6th, 2019, 6:25 pm

Dave wrote:Have to admire ppl who know how to work the system and then milk it for what it's worth!

what it that was the plan all along. i mean, it not coming out of rowley pockets, but it was within their powers to authorize the contract to cancel, with out the proper procedure to be followed.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 20th, 2020, 7:31 am

And Colon-in-butt say he does be struggling to find $ 20,000,000 US per month to pay for fuel eh...:|

NP loses US$500,000 in bad deal
Renuka Singh

State-owned Na­tion­al Pe­tro­le­um Mar­ket­ing Com­pa­ny Lim­it­ed (NP) lost over US$500,000 in a bad deal on the sale of bunker fu­el on the in­ter­na­tion­al mar­ket.

There are very few de­tails of this deal avail­able in the pub­lic do­main, but Guardian Me­dia un­der­stands that NP was deal­ing with a com­pa­ny named Black Gold on an in­ter­na­tion­al deal which soured and NP was left nurs­ing a mil­lion dol­lar loss.

The deal was the sub­ject of an in­ter­nal au­dit which named op­er­a­tives with­in NP as cul­pa­ble but ac­cord­ing to one NP in­sid­er, it ap­peared to have been swept un­der the car­pet.

The lim­it­ed in­for­ma­tion on the deal is con­tained in an in­ter­nal “good­bye” email writ­ten by the out­go­ing chief ex­ec­u­tive of­fi­cer at NP, Bernard Mitchell.

The email was sent to staff of Jan­u­ary 14, one day be­fore Mitchell’s tenure end­ed.

The email list­ed a se­ries of ques­tion­able de­ci­sions tak­en at the State or­gan­i­sa­tion and seemed to in­fer that the board was aware of the grow­ing dis­cord with­in the com­pa­ny.

Mitchell’s email to his for­mer staff was en­ti­tled “un­til we meet again” and in that email, he out­lined the “Black Gold fi­as­co” that cost the com­pa­ny over US$500,000 but which was nev­er prop­er­ly ad­dressed by the board.

“The lack of sanc­tion/ac­count­abil­i­ty for the Black Gold fi­as­co which re­sult­ed in a loss of over US$500,000 for the com­pa­ny, al­though clear cul­pa­bil­i­ty could be de­ter­mined from the Au­dit Re­port and Gen­er­al in­for­ma­tion known among staff,” Mitchell wrote.

While the let­ter did not say much more on that mat­ter, NP in­sid­ers told Guardian Me­dia that there was no prop­er due dili­gence con­duct­ed be­fore NP de­cid­ed to pur­sue the Black Gold mat­ter.

“The req­ui­site Board ap­provals were not ob­tained and that they could not find the prin­ci­pals of the com­pa­ny ini­tial­ly en­gaged,” the in­sid­er said.

“Our fi­nance and le­gal staff were to­tal­ly against the trans­ac­tion but were di­rect­ed to par­tic­i­pate but this did not come out in the au­dit,” the source said.

“What is re­quired is a foren­sic au­dit. There was al­so a re­port on this re­cent­ly com­plet­ed by the Min­istry of Fi­nance,” the in­sid­er said.

Mitchell’s let­ter al­so said that there was a “un­sub­stan­ti­at­ed de­lay” for over 10 months in hir­ing a chief pro­cure­ment of­fi­cer.

“Giv­en that the short­list of can­di­dates to be in­ter­viewed was fi­nalised in Feb­ru­ary 2019 and which is now im­pact­ing the com­pa­ny’s state of readi­ness and abil­i­ty to adopt and com­ply with the re­quire­ments of the pro­cure­ment leg­is­la­tion,” Mitchell said.

He al­so ques­tioned the ex­ec­u­tive de­ci­sion to re­place three di­rec­tors “for no plau­si­ble rea­son” and the uni­lat­er­al sus­pen­sion of Board and Com­mit­tee meet­ings for over three months from May to Au­gust 2019.

“De­spite hav­ing a ful­ly and du­ly con­sti­tut­ed board of di­rec­tors, this de­lay­ing de­ci­sions and the progress of the com­pa­ny,” Mitchell said in the let­ter.

Un­der the head­ing “ex­po­sures”, Mitchell list­ed three main con­cerns in­clud­ing the lim­it­ed progress of the com­pa­ny Cap­i­tal Projects, de­lays in ex­e­cut­ing key projects and ini­tia­tives and NP’s in­abil­i­ty to en­hance op­er­at­ing ef­fi­cien­cies.

Mitchell said that NP was un­able to ex­e­cute its cap­i­tal projects be­cause it lacked en­gi­neers. He said NP failed to ex­e­cute the key projects be­cause it lacked a Project Man­age­ment of­fice.

“I cham­pi­oned this with lim­it­ed suc­cess be­cause of the re­stric­tions in hir­ing the re­quired qual­i­ty re­sources,” he said.

“My con­cern is that the re­al losers in this de­ba­cle are NP, the em­ploy­ees of NP and the stake­hold­ers by ex­ten­sion,” Mitchell wrote.

“The work to en­sure the long-term sur­vival of the com­pa­ny had now start­ed to gain mo­men­tum and the skills re­quired to see it through are not avail­able in abun­dance,” he said.

“If not prop­er­ly ad­dressed NP will be­come just an­oth­er ca­su­al­ty en­ter­prise that we read about dai­ly,” Mitchell wrote.

Guardian Me­dia con­tact­ed Mitchell yes­ter­day on the mat­ter of the email, but while he con­firmed that it was his email to staff, he de­clined to com­ment fur­ther.

Guardian Me­dia al­so con­tact­ed NP chair­man Sahid Ho­sein who al­so de­clined to com­ment.

Ho­sein said he would ad­dress in­ter­nal mat­ters at NP at a lat­er date.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/np-loses-us500000-in-bad-deal-6.2.1033707.08ca61f326

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Petrotrin update: now Trinidad Petroleum Holdings Ltd

Postby The_Honourable » March 26th, 2024, 10:07 pm

Prime Minister: Heritage Petroleum is a success story

THE Prime Minister says Heritage Petroleum Company Ltd is more than halfway to repaying its predecessor’s $11.8 billion debt, after less than six years of operation.

Dr. Rowley said he is now standing proudly behind his decision to restructure Petrotrin.

Speaking during the launch of an apprenticeship programme with the Ministry of Youth Development and National Service (MYDNS), Heritage chairman Michael Quamina, SC, said the company had already serviced $7.5 billion of its predecessor’s debt.

“(This) works out to an average annual payment of $1.4 billion a year on the Petrotrin debts, which we are servicing without assistance from the shareholder,” he said.

In addition to decreasing its debt, Quamina said the company has been making its tax requirements, paying around $12.6 billion annually since its inception in 2018.

These payments, he said, were being made all while meeting core expenses for exploration and production of oil and gas. Those costs, he said, are expected to total $2.9 billion this year.

Minister of Energy and Energy Industries Stuart Young said this positive financial revelation would not have been possible without the government’s decision to restructure the state-owned oil company in 2018.

or the Prime Minister, it was nothing short of what he called a “success story.

“On top of servicing the loan and taking responsibility and the threat away from the Minister of Finance, Heritage has done so well that it is able to carry out its legal responsibilities, which is to pay its taxes and royalties to the Minister of Finance. Something that Petrotrin was not doing,” he said.

“Heritage has been paying its liabilities to the BIR (Board of Inland Revenue), so we’ve been getting some taxes from Heritage. Heritage is a success story.”

The move to restructure Petrotrin has been one of Rowley’s most contentious policies during his term in office, particularly for former workers, the Opposition UNC, and trade unions. But, Rowley said, while these groups might have been happier if the government held its hand, citizens would not have.

“US$850 million due in August 2018 in one cheque, which Petrotrin could not pay. Struggling to service an additional US$750 million...

“That was the national oil company. If we had left it the way it was, approximately 5,000 people would have been happy, a union would have been all over the country making noise and threatening everybody, living high on the hog.

“But 1.4 million people would have been on the road to the IMF (International Monetary Fund). The government had to act.”

At the time, he said going to the IMF would have resulted in a significant devaluation of the country’s currency down to between TT$10 or $12 to US$1.

“If you want to think you could talk now about property tax is a pressure and this is a pressure and that is a pressure, I want you for just one moment, contemplate the exchange rate at $10 or $12 to US$1. That is what this government was facing. That is what this government saved the country from.”

As part of the restructure, Trinidad Petroleum Holdings Ltd was created. It has four subsidiaries: Heritage, Paria Fuel Trading Company Ltd, Guaracara Refinery Ltd, and Petroleum Company of Trinidad and Tobago (Petrotrin).

Rowley said two parties are currently interested in the Guaracara refinery, but it was not yet a sealed deal.

“One looks very promising, one looks very interested. But until the horse begins to drink the water, you don’t know what’s happened at the river.”

https://newsday.co.tt/2024/03/26/prime- ... ess-story/

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Petrotrin update: now Trinidad Petroleum Holdings Ltd

Postby gastly369 » March 26th, 2024, 11:11 pm

"hahaii"...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”