Petrotrin update

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Petrotrin update

Postby zoom rader » February 23rd, 2018, 7:07 am

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:And any one believing that Newsday article just dumb...and dumber...

Awa neck on the block since 2016.

Still dotishly defending PNM dotishness, mismanagement and corruption I see. Next you'll tell us Ken Julien Eugene Tiah etc, are being victimized in the ETeck debacle :roll:
Awaits Redman response on ken Julien

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 23rd, 2018, 8:31 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
Redman wrote:And any one believing that Newsday article just dumb...and dumber...

Why since 2016?

They uncovered some dealings and decisions that went against the co.
In favor of other parties.
Since then he has been on thin ice.

jcrew
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jcrew » February 23rd, 2018, 8:35 am

Redman wrote:

Why since 2016?

They are going with a enhanced package so they win anyhow.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » February 23rd, 2018, 8:50 am

jcrew wrote:
Redman wrote:

Why since 2016?

They are going with a enhanced package so they win anyhow.

Exactly. A few million each.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 23rd, 2018, 9:06 am

Yeah the damage is done...

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » February 23rd, 2018, 9:08 am

So basically there are going ahead with the repairs to the ULSD plant at an estimated cost of $300mil USD, more than likely there would be huge cost overruns. I know a few guys there who eagerly awaiting it so they can book overtime as they claim this will be the last mega project in a few years to come. And yes, no guarantee the plant would work at the end of this exercise.
So its just sink more money into something to keep it afloat.
If it does work, what's the demand like for clean diesel?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 23rd, 2018, 9:21 am

De Dragon wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Still dotishly defending PNM dotishness, mismanagement and corruption I see. Next you'll tell us Ken Julien Eugene Tiah etc, are being victimized in the ETeck debacle :roll:

No baxide.
You posted that it was Jones that wasted billions.
It's the WGTL debacle that created all of not most
Of the debt.

So how was the debt created 2016-2017...if it is Jones that did the deed.???

I cool with jamming any board member that did crap...I said so clearly when the bamboo issue came up first.
But instead.of moving the goal post....tell us how you arrive that the debt is originating post 2015.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » February 23rd, 2018, 9:35 am

lalloboy101 wrote:So basically there are going ahead with the repairs to the ULSD plant at an estimated cost of $300mil USD, more than likely there would be huge cost overruns. I know a few guys there who eagerly awaiting it so they can book overtime as they claim this will be the last mega project in a few years to come. And yes, no guarantee the plant would work at the end of this exercise.
So its just sink more money into something to keep it afloat.
If it does work, what's the demand like for clean diesel?

The reason for going ahead with the plant is that diesel standards will be improved globally in 2020. If you want to sell diesel then you need to make it with low sulphur. Right now not all markets mandate low sulphur diesel so we can still sell to those. Won't be possible to sell current diesel to those markets in 2020 or probably would have to sell it at a much lower price (loss).

No guarantee any plant works at the end of any construction exercise. That's no reason to not try. Key aspect is not making the same mistakes from the past.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » February 23rd, 2018, 9:37 am

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

No baxide.
Of the debt.

I cool with jamming any board member that did crap...I said so clearly when the bamboo issue came up first.
But instead.of moving the goal post....tell us how you arrive that the debt is originating post 2015.

Just to clarify World GTL is not responsible for all or most of the debt.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 23rd, 2018, 9:48 am

Fair enough....below is an interesting read...
I stand corrected

http://vmwealth.vmbs.com/documents/Petr ... an2013.pdf

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 23rd, 2018, 6:38 pm

One of the men who get fired said "I have $10 million plus. I don't f@@###$$$%k care."

That is just the tip of the iceberg.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 23rd, 2018, 9:44 pm

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

No baxide.
Of the debt.

Having to admit that your beloved PNM singlehandedly sank Petrotrin into a monstrous debt trap seems to have upset you. :lol: :lol: Don't pull out your red hairs just yet, wait until next year, when that $USD 800 million bond is due. This MoF has already proven that he cannot run a parlour, far less a national economy, so the measures will be interesting, to say the least. I suspect a future generation is about to be royally facked.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 23rd, 2018, 9:45 pm

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

No baxide.
Of the debt.

Do tell.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » February 23rd, 2018, 10:10 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

No baxide.
Of the debt.

Do tell.

It’s the US bonds that make up the majority of the debt. Specifically the $850 million US one due next year, one mc shot, is what is leading to the upcoming changes within the company. The bonds were taken to pay for necessary refinery upgrades that started in the mid 2000’s. The majority of the 850 bond went towards ULSD and completion of other plants.

If the company can’t pay the bonds it reflects badly on the entire country. As in the credit rating of the country would be negatively affected if Petrotrin defaults on the bonds.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » February 23rd, 2018, 10:18 pm

Staff going to be let go from March 1st?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 23rd, 2018, 10:31 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

No baxide.
Of the debt.

Do tell.

It’s the US bonds that make up the majority of the debt. Specifically the $850 million US one due next year, one mc shot, is what is leading to the upcoming changes within the company. The bonds were taken to pay for necessary refinery upgrades that started in the mid 2000’s. The majority of the 850 bond went towards ULSD and completion of other plants.

If the company can’t pay the bonds it reflects badly on the entire country. As in the credit rating of the country would be negatively affected if Petrotrin defaults on the bonds.

Ok, I knew about the bond issue. Tell me where else in the entire world, would billions be spent to upgrade a refinery more than 15 years ago, and not only be incomplete, but still need $300 million USD more? Where else in the world would someone not make a jail for this? Then again, the AG dismissed their friend Malcolm Jones' case, so even if this were to come to some sort of criminal proceeding, it too would have been stopped cold.
How do you suppose this bond is going to be serviced? Borrowing? :?

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » February 23rd, 2018, 10:43 pm

De Dragon wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

No baxide.
Of the debt.

Do tell.

Ok, I knew about the bond issue. Tell me where else in the entire world, would billions be spent to upgrade a refinery more than 15 years ago, and not only be incomplete, but still need $300 million USD more? Where else in the world would someone not make a jail for this? Then again, the AG dismissed their friend Malcolm Jones' case, so even if this were to come to some sort of criminal proceeding, it too would have been stopped cold.

I agree that Malcolm is partly responsible for Petro position, but he is DEAD now and everyone., except you know that a dead man cannot be prosecuted. However, why did the PP appointed president Uncle Khalid not look into this when he and Gillette were running the show?

Simple because they were both politically appointed sheep.Khalid could not have built a simple fcuking ULSD plant while he was the project manager and he was made President. And worse yet the fcuker had an unsigned contract and attempted to pay himself millions in bonuses.
Shut yuh mouth if you do not have facts sick man. Politics on both sides killed Petrotrin.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 23rd, 2018, 10:54 pm

randolphinshan wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

No baxide.
Of the debt.

Do tell.

I agree that Malcolm is partly responsible for Petro position, but he is DEAD now and everyone., except you know that a dead man cannot be prosecuted. However, why did the PP appointed president Uncle Khalid not look into this when he and Gillette were running the show?

Simple because they were both politically appointed sheep.Khalid could not have built a simple fcuking ULSD plant while he was the project manager and he was made President. And worse yet the fcuker had an unsigned contract and attempted to pay himself millions in bonuses.
Shut yuh mouth if you do not have facts sick man. Politics on both sides killed Petrotrin.

Khalid Hassanali is alive right? What's stopping the present GORTT from pursuing charges against him if his incompetence/corruption are so obvious? What facking facts do you have? A criminal case was made against Malcolm Jones when he was alive(typically doesn't make sense to prosecute them when they're dead :wink: ) but the AG, no doubt on instructions from JUHN Scarfy, dropped all the charges, so a case Hassanali should breeze right through the system no?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » February 23rd, 2018, 11:10 pm

All this bickering solves nothing. Mistakes made on both sides.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 24th, 2018, 4:15 am

De Dragon wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

No baxide.
Of the debt.

Do tell.

Check Suriname.... :lol:

300 m is an estimate...I bet it will be more.

The only options are refinance...borrowing more.
Restructure....essentially extension of the existing debt...still a loan of sorts.

Equity injection....yes there are parties in discussions.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 24th, 2018, 4:20 am

So now Espinet denies any one fired...
Yet men inside said they were fired.

jcrew
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jcrew » February 24th, 2018, 5:04 am

Gem_in_i wrote:Staff going to be let go from March 1st?
Everything about this statement is Wrong!

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 24th, 2018, 5:28 am

Redman wrote:So now Espinet denies any one fired...
Yet men inside said they were fired.

I am telling you that men were FIRED!

The man who made the "I have $10 million" statement could care less that he was fired.

Espinet just looking to cover his behind.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 24th, 2018, 6:25 am

Sorry boss...
Oh was not referring to you specifically....people I spoke to at Petrotrin saying the same thing ...

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » February 24th, 2018, 7:45 am

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 24th, 2018, 11:17 pm

Roget: No to Petrotrin split

THE Oilfield Workers’ Trade Union is against the Petrotrin board’s decision on Wednesday to split the company in two.

“We will have a lot to say about that going forward because it seems that they are setting the public up to believe that Petrotrin must be sold to their friends. And we are against that.

“We are against Neal and Massy (sic), the Wood Group, in any form or under any name acquiring what belongs to the people. Petrotrin is in the position it is in today because of successive governments and poor management by those governments.

And that cannot be disputed with any success,” the union’s president-general Ancel Roget told reporters yesterday during a protest in front of Rowan Drilling Ltd, in St Clair.

From March1, Petrotrin will be splitting into two distinct business units, one focusing on upstream production and the other on downstream activities. This was announced on Wednesday at a Parliamentary Joint Select Committee on Energy Affairs, by director Nigel Edwards, who presented to the committee on the Board’s strategy for taking the company on a new way forward.

Edwards yesterday clarified that a final decision was taken yesterday at a Board meeting and while the transition will begin at the start of next month, it will be fully executed within an 18-month period where the company will seek to streamline its operations to become more efficient, and hopefully, profitable.

Source: http://newsday.co.tt/2018/02/23/roget-n ... rin-split/

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » February 25th, 2018, 1:12 pm

jcrew wrote:
Gem_in_i wrote:Staff going to be let go from March 1st?
Everything about this statement is Wrong!

Was it a statement?

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » February 26th, 2018, 5:21 am

http://newsday.co.tt/2018/02/26/trim-800m-fat/

WITH a Government mandate to split the company into two distinct divisions and do away with the current superstructure management, Petrotrin is moving rigorously to stem annual losses which have been put at $800 million.

This was revealed yesterday by Petrotrin chairman Wilfred Espinet who said that expenses which Petrotrin could avoid, amounts to $400 million. A large chunk of this goes into paying top managers, the chairman disclosed.

Committed to carrying out government’s mandate in creating two autonomous operations in Petrotrin, Espinet said that the company has already “brought in” experts to restructure its management which will see vice presidents of various divisions being made redundant.

And, Espinet said, the company intends to conduct an audit to determine where it is getting value for money from its present lower-level workforce which is estimated to be approximately 3,000 employees.

Since being installed last September under the stewardship of Espinet, the Petrotrin’s board has been considering a report of the Petrotrin Review Committee.

In light of falling oil prices and as a consequence, decrease revenues, the report recommended Petrotrin establish its exploration separate from the company. Refining the oil and making various by-products will be separate. In January, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley led a Cabinet-appointed team which ratified the report and gave Petrotrin the green light. Already, Espinet said, Petrotrin has brought in specialists to look at every aspect of production and refining operations. Saying the company’s mission is to save $800 million yearly, the chairman commented on the top management positions in Petrotrin that has to go.

In Petrotrin, each division has a vice president. Espinet said, “Why need for all those vice presidents? It has created a balloon of cost that is not relevant. Out target is to stop the loss. If you say employment is merely putting people on a payroll, but not creating and producing, that company is going to collapse. Very often administration people see themselves as being more important than the function itself.”

Petrotrin is to be divided into exploration and refining as separate entities with their own respective management and employees. Production will focus on drilling wells and exploring for oil. Refining will focus on the 42,000 barrels of oil the Pointe-a-Pierre refinery needs to convert into products to sell to the local and international markets.

“Our missions will be to find markets for 42,000 barrels of oil....I mean the by-products such as gas, liquefied gas, diesel, kerosene etc.” Espinet declined to reveal how many vice presidents and managers would be sent home, nor, the extent to which the general workforce would be affected. He admitted that absenteeism at Petrotrin is rampant.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 27th, 2018, 10:16 pm

All i know is... Ramesh made a killing off A&V

A&V Oil loses in Privy Council

A&V Oil and Gas has again failed in its attempt to convince the courts that there is an arguable case against state-owned Petrotrin termination of its contract with the lease operator.

On Monday, the Privy Council refused A&V Oil permission to appeal a ruling of the local court of appeal, effectively clearing the way for the refinery to give effect to the termination of the contract. This includes taking possession of A&V Oil's assets.

As a result of Monday's ruling the two-week old temporary injunction was lifted. The lease operator has unsucessfully sought to challenge Petrotrin’s entitlement to withhold $83.9 million which was retained under a term of the agreement between the state oil company and the lease operator.

A&V Oil’s attorneys, on February 15, applied for and was granted the injunction in the Privy Council on Ash Wednesday.

Two similar injunctions for interim relief were previously sought in the local courts and denied.

Petrotrin, on December 22, announced the termination of its contract with A&V Oil and Gas.

The lease operator was at the centre of the fake oil scandal at Petrotrin. Petrotrin said the findings of its audit department had been confirmed by an independent, forensic audit conducted by Canadian consultancy firm, Kroll Consulting Canada Company. The Kroll audit was commissioned by Petrotrin’s board of directors.

Source: http://newsday.co.tt/2018/02/27/av-oil- ... y-council/

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 28th, 2018, 1:33 pm

Petrotrin to seize A&V's oilfield by noon
Published on Feb 28, 2018, 5:30 am AST

THE defeat in the Privy Council on Tuesday means A&V Oil and Gas has exhausted its legal options, which attempted to prevent Petrotrin from terminating its multi-million dollar contract as a result of the findings of an Internal Report. As a result, the State-owned company as a announced that by noon Wednesday, it will be taking possession of A&V's Cathill Field.
The plan was announced in a statement on Tuesdya night in a statement which read:
Petrotrin's Board of Directors today announced that pursuant to the Termination Notice dated 2017 December 19 bringing to an end the Incremental Production Service Contract (IPSC) with A&V Oil & Gas Limited (A&V), Petrotrin intends to take possession of the Catshill Field previously operated by A&V on or before 12:00 noon on 2018, Wednesday February 28.

This follows the dismissal by the Privy Council on 2018, Monday February 26 of A&V's application for permission to appeal against the Order made by the Court of Appeal of Trinidad and Tobago dated 2018 February 08 refusing A&V an injunction to restrain the termination of the IPSC. A&V failed in its bid to obtain an injunction in both the High Court and the Court of Appeal....http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20180228 ... ld-by-noon

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”