Forums

The Law and Tinted Vehicles

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: The Law and Tinted Vehicles

Postby greggle71 » September 18th, 2018, 2:26 pm

I would love to know where I can carry my vehicle to get tested to confirm the current % and know if I need to take action. I rather pay a one time fee rather than buy a light meter that I will use once

I also like the idea of it being part of the criteria for inspection but we all know that a vehicle can get inspected today and get tinted tomorrow so I guess that negates the idea

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 18th, 2018, 4:17 pm

Every state in the US that regulates transmissivity (tint requirements) has a law that is written very similarly to what is proposed in Trinidad. The percentages may be different though. Some are higher and some lower.

Sun load and vehicle interior temperatures are not as high as in some states like Arizona and New Mexico where average maximum temperatures are about 10°C higher than here. UV here is very high (around 12) and about the same as Denver, CO (high UV because of the altitude). I know because I've sent more than a few vehicles to both for warm weather and high altitude testing.

Trinidad has more rain but the temperature and UV levels are not extreme by comparison.

skylinechild wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
skylinechild wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Are you crazy? This is the tropics. What is needed are laws that are measurable and enforceable so that people can comply, and not this dotish "it looking too dark" police sheit.

we not crazy...we too busy looking as USA UK Australia tint laws in order to determine OUR tint laws cause yunno those countries also in the tropics too nah boi dan boi..... :?

And they determine if a tint is too dark how?

well hoss.... dem eah say how dey say what dark is too dark at all nuh..... all they find dat makin sense is studin different countries - USA UK & Australia....as dem places also located in d tropics and also receive d same amt of heat and uv radiation as we nah hoss..... so is all what dem say hadda go.....

/end of sarcasm.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » September 18th, 2018, 5:59 pm

randolphinshan wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:the underlying factor in this entire topic is somebody have to tender for the light meter contract....talk done

I get the contract to supply the light meter, happy now ??

For decades men asking for a scientific way to measure tint and not relying on the police officer opinion. Now that progress is being made, people studying who getting contract .At the end of the day the meters have to be bought. You cannot go in the Gulf of Paria and throw a line and catch some free light meters You fcuking mad yea. Is this kind of backward thinking that will have us 100 years behind the rest of the world.

I doubt this inshan fella so dohtish, but then again, he seem to be trying real hard to show everybody what level he on.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 19th, 2018, 6:16 am

Soul Collector wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:the underlying factor in this entire topic is somebody have to tender for the light meter contract....talk done

I get the contract to supply the light meter, happy now ??

For decades men asking for a scientific way to measure tint and not relying on the police officer opinion. Now that progress is being made, people studying who getting contract .At the end of the day the meters have to be bought. You cannot go in the Gulf of Paria and throw a line and catch some free light meters You fcuking mad yea. Is this kind of backward thinking that will have us 100 years behind the rest of the world.

I doubt this inshan fella so dohtish, but then again, he seem to be trying real hard to show everybody what level he on.

You expect much from a pnm mite...then again this is not the ched....lets go to the achievement ched or the pnm in govt 3 years later ched

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 19th, 2018, 1:45 pm

Stuart Young for Minister of tint !!

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Postby R.P.J » September 22nd, 2018, 8:30 pm

Went to court again on Thursday magistrate adjourned the case to next year 2019 January..

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 23rd, 2018, 2:31 pm

Can t tell the judge the next time, how Inconveniencing and expensive that matter has been?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 17th, 2020, 1:10 am

Works and Transport Minister Rohan Sinanan says the proposed laws in the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill, 2019, will ensure the tint on vehicles is properly handled and not via Licensing officer’s whim and fancy.

He said a transport officer once told him he determined if a tint was too dark or was appropriate according to whether the vehicle’s driver was Indo-Trinidadian and Afro-Trinidadian.

Sinanan said he was shocked and immediately called top Transport brass, ordering drafting of a new law.

“I said, this can’t continue,” Sinanan said during debate on the bill at yesterday’s Senate sitting.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/rohanlic ... 1b8371c0c#

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 17th, 2020, 8:17 am

oh goar he give licensing occifers wuk. he too wicked.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 17th, 2020, 10:17 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Works and Transport Minister Rohan Sinanan says the proposed laws in the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill, 2019, will ensure the tint on vehicles is properly handled and not via Licensing officer’s whim and fancy.

He said a transport officer once told him he determined if a tint was too dark or was appropriate according to whether the vehicle’s driver was Indo-Trinidadian and Afro-Trinidadian.

Sinanan said he was shocked and immediately called top Transport brass, ordering drafting of a new law.

“I said, this can’t continue,” Sinanan said during debate on the bill at yesterday’s Senate sitting.

Makes some sense though . The law states that the persons must be visible/ be able to recognise . A lighter skinned person would be more visible in the same vehicle than a darker skinned person . The same goes for the colour of the interior . If you have black seats versus cream coloured , the visibility is different .

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 17th, 2020, 1:06 pm

so what about the madras Indo Trinis from st james ?
some so dark they looking blue

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » May 17th, 2020, 1:08 pm

pugboy wrote:so what about the madras Indo Trinis from st james ?
some so dark they looking blue

I black and both car interiors black. My arse dark literally and figuratively.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 17th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Dem still cah see me on my motor bike as my visor is gold shaded. Dem cah tell how black I am

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 17th, 2020, 4:33 pm

rspann wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Works and Transport Minister Rohan Sinanan says the proposed laws in the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic (Amendment) Bill, 2019, will ensure the tint on vehicles is properly handled and not via Licensing officer’s whim and fancy.

Makes some sense though . The law states that the persons must be visible/ be able to recognise . A lighter skinned person would be more visible in the same vehicle than a darker skinned person . The same goes for the colour of the interior . If you have black seats versus cream coloured , the visibility is different .

Also does that law address whether it is daytime or night? The same tint which might be visible during the day may not be at night especially in an area without street lights.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 17th, 2020, 4:46 pm

Brahmins could go G5 . Is ah ranking ting .

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 17th, 2020, 8:38 pm

Anyone know what percent Watson Duke have?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 17th, 2020, 9:36 pm

MaxPower wrote:Anyone know what percent Watson Duke have?
Same as Rowlee and elite

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 19th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Wha bout all dem police and army personel private vehicles......

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » May 20th, 2020, 2:52 pm

them men flashing ID and getting allowed to go through normal..

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 20th, 2020, 3:00 pm

SR wrote:Wha bout all dem police and army personel private vehicles......

Without dark tint how the protective services will help transport the coc....................................................Roosters for them chicken farms

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » June 30th, 2020, 12:00 am

Where can I get a roll of tint to buy..the same type that is normally used on cars?

Hwells
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Hwells » June 30th, 2020, 5:43 am

supercharged turbo wrote:Where can I get a roll of tint to buy..the same type that is normally used on cars?

amazon?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 30th, 2020, 7:42 am

supercharged turbo wrote:Where can I get a roll of tint to buy..the same type that is normally used on cars?
Could link you if needed

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » June 30th, 2020, 9:55 pm

Looking at a local supplier atm
Hwells wrote:

amazon?
PM me a price
gastly369 wrote:
Could link you if needed

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 30th, 2020, 11:16 pm

gastly369 wrote:
Could link you if needed

how yuh going? wah yuh have? I want clear, not blue, not clearish, not kinda clear....clear, you have clear? UV bizness? I keeps my front glasses clear to avoid headache when I looking scrappy, when you dressed neat your tint always legal.

Will park on the neighbour lawn as usual. How he lawn going btw? mowed nice and low still? Hadda ask since people getting killed inside by you.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » July 1st, 2020, 2:23 am

nervewrecker wrote:
gastly369 wrote:
Could link you if needed

how yuh going? wah yuh have? I want clear, not blue, not clearish, not kinda clear....clear, you have clear? UV bizness? I keeps my front glasses clear to avoid headache when I looking scrappy, when you dressed neat your tint always legal.

Will park on the neighbour lawn as usual. How he lawn going btw? mowed nice and low still? Hadda ask since people getting killed inside by you.
Lol

Can get ceramic tint for front if required

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 24th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Tint Meters Coming

Minister of Works and Transport, Rohan Sinanan, said very soon officers would have tint meters to assist them in determining if a vehicle's tint is too dark.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 24th, 2020, 10:49 pm

In other words, 50 and 35 only. 20 and lower alluh start peeling

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » July 24th, 2020, 11:12 pm

Ahhh yes good ting I stock up on 35% rolls

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » July 24th, 2020, 11:16 pm

The draft proposal stated a minimum VLT of 35% for the front driver and passenger glass, 20% for the rear door and rear windshield, no metallic (reflective) tint, front windshield 70%, front band no more than 15cm at 35%. Tint must have no bubbles, scratches or defects that impair vision

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”