Forums

The Law and Tinted Vehicles

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: The Law and Tinted Vehicles

Postby nervewrecker » May 31st, 2018, 7:32 pm

Sometimes is not the officer to blame, is the officer just following orders. If he / she had his / her way they write one ticket or write none at all. But when some idiot breathing down their back they have to obey.

I had an instance in a road block where an officer pull me aside and said my ID lights not working, ticket for me. When the officer pull up to write, he check, they both working, man stop me under a street light and find like it not working, when I pull aside it showing. Officer tell me throw my frame and put away the ticket book.

Got pulled aside not too long ago. Routine stop, routine check. Officer watch me, watch dp, watch dp, say pull aside. Superior officer came and ask if I see anything wrong with this DP, I hand him back and said no, you see anything wrong? He hand me back and said watch the expiry date, I told him I see nothing wrong, sup wid it yo? Man say what is the date today, I tell him well yea, that expiring on....hey wait, what? 0.o
Well he said he will allow me to drive home because of the situation but dont let him see me driving and dont let him see me driving without a permit come monday.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » May 31st, 2018, 9:36 pm

Does "any" mean each?Image

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 31st, 2018, 10:12 pm

According to the Transport Commissioner.
I don't agree with it, but they are the authority on the subject.

Maybe someone will contest it, and let the judiciary have their input via case law, as is it stands.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 31st, 2018, 10:20 pm

Police merely enforce what they get.. As blundersome as it appears.
We need to give them rational things to enforce... Not these mindless archaic things the get hard ons for

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » May 31st, 2018, 11:06 pm

rollingstock wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:
rollingstock wrote:Google the definition of discretion.
The conditions at the time and other factors would affect discretion not so?

You were there?
No?
Then stfu.

Neither were you there sir so you're just doing like the judges and makes excuses for your fellow officers. The point is the man had tint and was rightfully ticketed however the officer was an idiot for issuing such a high amount of tickets.

Where did I make an excuse for the officer?
In top of being an ass are you also blind and illiterate?

The law states a ticket per each glass, how is the officer wrong for following what is prescribed by law?

You all need to stop playing the victim card and blaming the police for your own idiocy. You all know the tint law is vague and open to an individual officer's view so why take a chance, in fact it's not even taking a chance you want to use 5% all around and also tint the entire front windscreen but blame the police when you get ticketed.
Same as any other offence, no child seat, police have no heart etc.

That's why I will always and will continue treating the public with the utmost respect while shafting them to the hilt as far as the laws allow.

Shafting poor taxpayers to the hilt you say. Making up for shortcomings in other areas pallos?

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » May 31st, 2018, 11:09 pm

How to sum up the TTPS?

They're mostly just a bunch of people (some desperate as they can't find any other employment who don't even want a life in law enforcement) the government has to do their bidding no matter how outdated and nonsensical the "laws" they are enforcing seem to be.

The police will then defend it (and their peers) to the death saying but oh, "we abiding by the law so what is your damn problem?" They will learn nothing else but each facet of the "law" just in order to cause you the most inconvenience just so you know that they can. Just like the government. It's a take that and swallow it cuz what ya gonna do about it mentality.

TTPS are a bunch of clowns to me and I honestly can never ever take them seriously. Running around the place ambushing people in the night with a 50km/hr speedtrap on some dead ass road to make their quota so their senior can report back to executive that they issue so and so amount of tickets and publish on the papers. That's really just the easiest laughable example but they're so many more of these things they seem to be PROUD of doing. How in the hell you can do that and be proud? It's disgusting to me personally. And btw, I don't ever see them on the highway now since the limit went to 100km. Easier to just ambush people on some side roads now. And that supposed to be for our safety right? Or your inner desire to uphold this banana republic's laws? Please.

Until the members of the TTPS can hold themselves to higher standards instead of just accepting "what is" and being completely fine with it while using it to their advantage at any given chance, then it's just a clown patrol to me to rake in money for the government and to boost their fragile egos.
Last edited by Soul Collector on May 31st, 2018, 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 31st, 2018, 11:09 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:i did a 80% full front windscreen with UV protection the other day

wont be lying to say ALL the glare gone and most of the heat that you would usually get from parking in the sun all day is also gone

makes a big big big difference

$450 well worth it

and you really cant notice the whole front windscreen tinted
especially as i put back a dark strip ontop as well

Some vehicles have a set of black dots bordering the black border on the glass. Tint dont sit flat on that. Police know to look for it.

On another note, there was a guy selling bullet proof tint, UV cut bizness. Can anyone remind me who he is? Looking to call down a new ride.
I have that in a vehicle.cost was like 2500 a few years ago. Ronnie who use to be in a tent in front wheel wizard did it for me. Not sure where he is now

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » June 1st, 2018, 3:22 am

WHY cant the simply get a simple candle light meter or lux meter and determine the light intensity difference inside and outside the car .
the law is sheit and they should get the police to go check his eyesight

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 1st, 2018, 5:03 am

hong kong phooey wrote:WHY cant the simply get a simple candle light meter or lux meter and determine the light intensity difference inside and outside the car .

because somebody have to tender for that contract to bring een light meters...these things only happen when food can be eaten..

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 1st, 2018, 5:38 am

hong kong phooey wrote:WHY cant the simply get a simple candle light meter or lux meter and determine the light intensity difference inside and outside the car .

if u had a means via which to make/take money from everybody without any real justification or actually doing anything for it & telling ppl that you doing it to keep them safe, all the while you & they know full well u lying thru yuh teeth but they can't stop u, would you readily give that up for a way to take less from them?

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 1st, 2018, 6:35 am

Prior to the tool from licensing talkin crap on ian alleyne does is anyone aware if anybody has ever been charged for each window or was it just for the vehicle? If not then what changed?? Cuz the wording of the law hasnt....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 1st, 2018, 7:26 am

yes, a guy was charged this week, pics of his wad of tickets were going around

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » June 1st, 2018, 7:53 am

I really hope he contests them tickets with a good lawyer and don't even consider paying it.
Too much legal robbery going on

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 1st, 2018, 9:05 am

he should go tint his vehicle much lighter, put on some dark seat coverings and then organise for court

let his lawyer ask for medical records of the police officer who charged him, verify his eyesight is good

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 1st, 2018, 11:37 am

Because it's not all about the light i guess. It just goes in accordance to visibility of a person outside to see the driver.

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » June 1st, 2018, 6:02 pm

curtains yes

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 1st, 2018, 6:25 pm

Mercenary wrote:curtains yes

doh joke, I see more than a few cars with window shades on the road already

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 1st, 2018, 6:42 pm

^ comes in alot of Audi's

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 1st, 2018, 8:04 pm

Not just audi's, quite a few of the euro makes have them, some japanese too

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 1st, 2018, 9:17 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:i did a 80% full front windscreen with UV protection the other day

wont be lying to say ALL the glare gone and most of the heat that you would usually get from parking in the sun all day is also gone

makes a big big big difference

$450 well worth it

and you really cant notice the whole front windscreen tinted
especially as i put back a dark strip ontop as well

Some vehicles have a set of black dots bordering the black border on the glass. Tint dont sit flat on that. Police know to look for it.

On another note, there was a guy selling bullet proof tint, UV cut bizness. Can anyone remind me who he is? Looking to call down a new ride.
I have that in a vehicle.cost was like 2500 a few years ago. Ronnie who use to be in a tent in front wheel wizard did it for me. Not sure where he is now
Thats the man self. Real cool dude.

Wonder what became of him?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 1st, 2018, 10:15 pm

Mercenary wrote:curtains yes
Yup that's what I have in my van + 35% ceramic tint. Zero issues with law enforcement

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » June 2nd, 2018, 6:44 am

Trinis just spoil. If Police had a meter to read it they will argue that it not calibrated or some crap. I’m sure 99% of people who get ticketed/ting removes overdid it with the darkness. Men out here crying like they 35% always getting them in problems

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 2nd, 2018, 6:56 am

j.o.e wrote:Trinis just spoil. If Police had a meter to read it they will argue that it not calibrated or some crap. I’m sure 99% of people who get ticketed/ting removes overdid it with the darkness. Men out here crying like they 35% always getting them in problems

say what u will, but a change is still needed to set a standard by which the law can be equally & fairly enforced. I've had a few family members ticketed for tint that really wasn't dark.

By the way the law is written, basically any tint whatsoever can land you a ticket, no matter how light or dark. All the issuing officer has to say is that he couldn't see inside the vehicle, which may or may not be because of your tint, his failing eyesight, glare, or any other reason, & it really ain't right to force ppl to pay 10K in fines based on an old vague law with no set standards.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » June 2nd, 2018, 7:04 am

no it leaves it up to police and l/o to make that call and when one of them woman gone and bull out for 2 days and he come on the scene and vex with the world you can get ticket for stupidness.
i dont mind the ticket and paying the money but this points system which coming is what have me worried .i could see point for speeding but getting points for a blown light is madness

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » June 2nd, 2018, 7:06 am

the next thing is what about people with wagons anr they going to get tickets for those windows because they cannot see inside car trunks without asking the driver to open it

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » June 2nd, 2018, 7:33 am

:drinking: just now police might charge people for having no tint at all to hide their ugly faces. :drinking:

arakaras
Ricer

Postby arakaras » June 2nd, 2018, 8:06 am

rollingstock wrote:According to the Transport Commissioner.
I don't agree with it, but they are the authority on the subject.

Maybe someone will contest it, and let the judiciary have their input via case law, as is it stands.
So the Transport Commissioner decide to take it upon himself to interpret the law as he sees fit. Of course "any" means each. Last I checked the new fine structure doesn't say each either. This reminds me of when the PoS mayor took it upon himself to charge a higher wrecking fee that what the law stated.

You are correct the law is flawed as it's subjective and people sometimes over do the tint thing.

arakaras
Ricer

Postby arakaras » June 2nd, 2018, 8:08 am

pete wrote:Does "any" mean each?Image
Soon they might start charging people with black or blue vehicles as regiment uses black sometimes and coast guard uses blue......

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » June 2nd, 2018, 10:28 am

you want dark tint, pay a yearly tax...cause if u hav money to drink n spend on crap...pay a lil tax an keep yuh dark tint?

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » June 2nd, 2018, 10:47 am

hong kong phooey wrote:the next thing is what about people with wagons anr they going to get tickets for those windows because they cannot see inside car trunks without asking the driver to open it

ent the prius and ioniq have dark glass on the trunk?
lewwe watch bacchanal

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”