TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Which dog breed is the best?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Which dog breed is the best?

Caribbean Sheppard
5
45%
Pitbull
0
No votes
Husky
0
No votes
German Sheppard
3
27%
Mix breed
3
27%
 
Total votes: 11

unruly_trinidad
Ricer
Posts: 21
Joined: January 20th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Which dog breed is the best?

Postby unruly_trinidad » September 14th, 2017, 6:37 pm

Which is good for being around people,aggressive or even expensive?

Advertisement
User avatar
SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1486
Joined: February 18th, 2007, 3:58 pm

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby SNIPER 3000 » September 14th, 2017, 6:44 pm

Any reviews on the rots?

User avatar
88sins
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5709
Joined: July 22nd, 2007, 3:03 pm
Location: Corner of Everywhere Avenue & Nowhere Drive

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby 88sins » September 14th, 2017, 6:51 pm

Question is waaaay toooo open
Anybody ciould call any price for any dog/pup. Pups from the same litter can & do have different temperaments, one could be fearless & grow up aggressive, another one timid & grow up fearful, the other not give a dog damn. Add to this, different breeds have been bred for different traits for a variety of uses, no one is inherently or automatically better than the other at a given task, depending on what that task is. then there's the training aspect, not any & all dogs can handle all sorts of training, even tho you might feel they should be able to because of their breed, size, looks or temperament.


If you want a dog for a particular reason, decide the reason first, then go from there to figure out breed, then look for a breeder.

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 23350
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 14th, 2017, 6:56 pm

Pot hound...no lie

User avatar
88sins
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5709
Joined: July 22nd, 2007, 3:03 pm
Location: Corner of Everywhere Avenue & Nowhere Drive

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby 88sins » September 14th, 2017, 7:01 pm

for a alarm dog, dustbin terrier go wuk.
but for a dog with real man stopping capabilities, need sumn with a lot more drive, determination, speed & weight that could ignore licks

User avatar
Sōsuke Aizen
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 212
Joined: August 8th, 2017, 4:14 pm

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby Sōsuke Aizen » September 14th, 2017, 9:20 pm

Pure breeds are the best kinds except those large breeds, that's if you want your dog to live 14+ years. Just look around for an honest, good breeder if that's what you want. Mixing breeds only shorten their lifespans and create problems. I was a breeder I know what i'm talking about.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12915
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby sMASH » September 14th, 2017, 9:32 pm

Adopt from a pound pls.

I took a very likable stray from the work compound many years ago. A pot Sheppard hybrid. Although very nice... Very energetic and nobody could have came into the yard.

That dog was a diamond in the rough.

There are too many strays to be buying dog and breeding dog.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12915
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby sMASH » September 14th, 2017, 9:33 pm

BTW, my padnah now give up a giant pit bull to the pound because he flew out. He is a nice boy, when he is nice.

If u want I can find out where he is right now, before they kill him.

User avatar
Specialist Baboons
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 527
Joined: August 27th, 2017, 12:01 pm

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby Specialist Baboons » September 14th, 2017, 9:57 pm

unruly_trinidad wrote:Which is good for being around people,aggressive or even expensive?

The ever faithful Caribbean terrier a.k.a pothound......

User avatar
streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS
Posts: 3534
Joined: April 17th, 2003, 11:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby streetbeastINC. » September 14th, 2017, 10:03 pm

any stray taken in and rehabilitated to health,,,,,,

unruly_trinidad
Ricer
Posts: 21
Joined: January 20th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby unruly_trinidad » September 15th, 2017, 1:07 am

hmmmm

User avatar
SMc
punchin NOS
Posts: 3239
Joined: September 18th, 2003, 4:12 pm
Location: reading the forum rules...

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby SMc » September 15th, 2017, 2:39 am

my mother has 1 dog- 4 of them 5 boxes can to be ticked to say what it it/made up of...that list is toots

User avatar
SR
Chief Cook & Instigator
Posts: 13607
Joined: April 7th, 2003, 8:11 pm

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby SR » September 15th, 2017, 6:27 am

A properly trained dog........

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 23350
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 15th, 2017, 7:00 am

the legislation with that pitbull thing in effect??? wrs to the breeds op name, I like the German S....it's my choice, everyone has their opinion....they are very family friendly and aggressive when they need to be..

I saw someone said adopt from a pound....where are these located?? I have never really been to one or seen them advertising

RedVEVO
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5429
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby RedVEVO » September 15th, 2017, 8:51 am

SNIPER 3000 wrote:Any reviews on the rots?


Rottweiler ?

Bess bess bess dog .

Faithful and friendly to it's owner .

Must be well trained .

User avatar
88sins
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5709
Joined: July 22nd, 2007, 3:03 pm
Location: Corner of Everywhere Avenue & Nowhere Drive

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby 88sins » September 15th, 2017, 9:23 am

Sōsuke Aizen wrote: Mixing breeds only shorten their lifespans and create problems. I was a breeder I know what i'm talking about.

imma have to call this out as bs

for starters, practically every purebred in existence today owes it's existence to cross breeding, including most terriers & molossers, & many many other breeds. Even the pit bulls, American bullies, GSD's, Dobermans, & Rottweilers that most people see & so love today, without cross breeding, they wouldn't exist.

secondly, there is a term called hybrid vigor that most animal breeders are aware of, & it's called that for a reason. Simply put, cross breeding animals of different breeds with similar or desired characteristics creates fresh & stronger genetics in the offspring by introduction of a completely different set of genetics totally outside the breed & bloodline, & is usually done in order to correct negative characteristics set by excessively repetitive inbreeding practices, or to remedy problems caused by using inferior breeding stock. It's those same excessively repetitive inbreeding practices that usually are the primary cause of animals being born with all sorts of problems, like food & skin allergies, heart & immune problems, musculo-skeletal deformities & degenerative conditions such as hip and knee dysplasia, roach back, wobblers, etc, & short life spans. This is the reason why mongrels generally don't develop these problems.

d topic is dog breeds.
from what you posted there it seem the only thing you know how to breed musbe mosquito

RedVEVO
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5429
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby RedVEVO » September 15th, 2017, 9:32 am

88sins wrote:
Sōsuke Aizen wrote: Mixing breeds only shorten their lifespans and create problems. I was a breeder I know what i'm talking about.

imma have to call this out as bs

for starters, practically every purebred in existence today owes it's existence to cross breeding, including most terriers & molossers, & many many other breeds. Even the pit bulls, American bullies, GSD's, Dobermans, & Rottweilers that most people see & so love today, without cross breeding, they wouldn't exist.

secondly, there is a term called hybrid vigor that most animal breeders are aware of, & it's called that for a reason. Simply put, cross breeding animals of different breeds with similar or desired characteristics creates fresh & stronger genetics in the offspring by introduction of a completely different set of genetics totally outside the breed & bloodline, & is usually done in order to correct negative characteristics set by excessively repetitive inbreeding practices, or to remedy problems caused by using inferior breeding stock. It's those same excessively repetitive inbreeding practices that usually are the primary cause of animals being born with all sorts of problems, like food & skin allergies, heart & immune problems, musculo-skeletal deformities & degenerative conditions such as hip and knee dysplasia, roach back, wobblers, etc, & short life spans. This is the reason why mongrels generally don't develop these problems.

d topic is dog breeds.
from what you posted there it seem the only thing you know how to breed musbe mosquito


Good talk :D

My Rottweiler gave it a Woof 8-)

User avatar
snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 963
Joined: March 22nd, 2007, 7:37 am

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby snypaz » September 15th, 2017, 12:43 pm

Best for being around people? Golden Retriever. If you can find one locally, Get it. However he/she might play with a bandit if they came calling. This is my main concern.

Aggressive, Get you a noise maker. A pot hound works wonders. get you a fluffy one so it will look cute as well. Outside of that, German Shepherd or Rott.

RedVEVO
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5429
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby RedVEVO » September 15th, 2017, 12:59 pm

snypaz wrote:Best for being around people? Golden Retriever. If you can find one locally, Get it. However he/she might play with a bandit if they came calling. This is my main concern.

Aggressive, Get you a noise maker. A pot hound works wonders. get you a fluffy one so it will look cute as well. Outside of that, German Shepherd or Rott.


German Shepherd sheds to much hair but very good.

Rott is the one for the serious dude . Must have Ford Ranger 3.2

Golden Retrievers will get you woman .

User avatar
cueball1990
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 487
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 11:32 pm

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby cueball1990 » September 15th, 2017, 1:03 pm

if you want a small but aggressive dog get a dachshund (sausage dog). they may be small but they are very brave. best you get a combo if a small alert dog and a bigger one. the small ones usually are first to notice things. dont underestimate ankle biters eh

RedVEVO
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5429
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby RedVEVO » September 15th, 2017, 1:14 pm

^^^
Ankle biters are a waste of dog chow or dog food.

Either you want a pet dog or a security dog .

You cannot have both .

Turbostarr
Street 2NR
Posts: 45
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 4:36 pm

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby Turbostarr » September 15th, 2017, 1:45 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:the legislation with that pitbull thing in effect??? wrs to the breeds op name, I like the German S....it's my choice, everyone has their opinion....they are very family friendly and aggressive when they need to be..

I saw someone said adopt from a pound....where are these located?? I have never really been to one or seen them advertising



Animals Alive. They are located in South Oropouche. You can adopt dogs there.

timelapse
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 951
Joined: June 20th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby timelapse » September 15th, 2017, 1:46 pm

Akita or Shepkita mix. Very nice to you and your family, a terror to outsiders. Mine especially likes Jehovah's Witnesses.They a little stubborn to train using fear methods.Make training into a game and they learn quickly.I know a guy that has Shepkita pups from time to time.They usually around $3000 with shots.

User avatar
Curtms
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2268
Joined: June 16th, 2010, 11:03 am
Location: 10° 10' N, 61° 40' W

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby Curtms » September 15th, 2017, 1:49 pm

Malinois

Turbostarr
Street 2NR
Posts: 45
Joined: June 5th, 2009, 4:36 pm

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby Turbostarr » September 15th, 2017, 1:57 pm

I have three shepherds. Two German Shepherds and one Belgian (Groenendael) Shepherd. The Germans (one male, one female) are smart, obedient for the most part and could get aggressive if needs be. The Belgian (female) well I don't know what to say. She is like the turbo charged version. Always barking down the neighbour in he own yard, doh like to bathe, full of energy, very aggressive but won't part with her for the world. My recommendation for a good family dog that will offer some level of protection are the germans... if you want some extra excitement definitely go with the Belgians.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12915
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby sMASH » September 15th, 2017, 2:04 pm

Sōsuke Aizen wrote:Pure breeds are the best kinds except those large breeds, that's if you want your dog to live 14+ years. Just look around for an honest, good breeder if that's what you want. Mixing breeds only shorten their lifespans and create problems. I was a breeder I know what i'm talking about.

That is utter rubbish. In. Order to maintain the pure bred quality of the breed, there would have to continuous close breeding inside that group. And genetic disadvantages pile up and compound just like inbreeding.

That is one reasons why puppy mill dogs are bad. Many pure bred lines may not be able to get lines from far pools.


All in all, mixes tend to reintroduce genetic variety and better genes.

RedVEVO
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5429
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby RedVEVO » September 15th, 2017, 3:10 pm

Turbostarr wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:the legislation with that pitbull thing in effect??? wrs to the breeds op name, I like the German S....it's my choice, everyone has their opinion....they are very family friendly and aggressive when they need to be..

I saw someone said adopt from a pound....where are these located?? I have never really been to one or seen them advertising



Animals Alive. They are located in South Oropouche. You can adopt dogs there.


Mostly " pot hound "

User avatar
Halfbreed07
punchin NOS
Posts: 2704
Joined: September 22nd, 2005, 10:44 am
Location: living vicariously through me

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby Halfbreed07 » September 15th, 2017, 3:11 pm

Cane Corso. End of discussion

RedVEVO
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5429
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby RedVEVO » September 15th, 2017, 3:17 pm

Halfbreed07 wrote:Cane Corso. End of discussion


Anybody here own a Corso .. ?

Give us a review .

timelapse
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 951
Joined: June 20th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Re: Which dog breed is the best?

Postby timelapse » September 15th, 2017, 3:32 pm

On another note, I find that a pair of geese are the best for home defense

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dizzy28, Dohplaydat, mboi123, Redman, Shannon and 76 guests