Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Re: Speed limit to be changed from 80km/h to 100km/h

Postby Joshie23 » September 27th, 2017, 11:07 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:100 too slow. It should be 140 kph. I get sleepy driving at anything below 130 kph. You spend an unacceptable amount of time driving from south to Pos at 100. Productivity would be greater at 140 kph.

170 or nothing

Even better.

170 is too odd a figure. And 180 gonna make everyone remember the oppression of 80. I say 200 and we should be good.

AuTTobahn

Fixed. 8-)

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » September 28th, 2017, 12:13 am

SR wrote:Practiced at 100 this morning. Very nice drive. Only some teedaaahs pickups a loaded truck and a police xtrail with no lights or siren on fly pass meh

Wetmen doh have speed limits dan.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » September 28th, 2017, 4:24 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:100 too slow. It should be 140 kph. I get sleepy driving at anything below 130 kph. You spend an unacceptable amount of time driving from south to Pos at 100. Productivity would be greater at 140 kph.

170 or nothing

Even better.

170 is too odd a figure. And 180 gonna make everyone remember the oppression of 80. I say 200 and we should be good.

AuTTobahn

Fixed. 8-)

:faint:

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 29th, 2017, 7:56 am

Pickups can drive at the new speed limit of 100 km/h.

I tell you to be prepared for many more road related deaths and accidents.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 29th, 2017, 8:00 am

accident ched gonna be more active than usual

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 29th, 2017, 9:17 am

Ya'll need to work PoS.
Speed limit only becomes an issue when you on personal runs on weekends. Other than that its an average of 24km/h you making during the week.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 29th, 2017, 10:57 pm

They were supposed to debate this today. What was the outcome?

foots
3NE 2NR for life

Postby foots » September 30th, 2017, 1:08 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Ya'll need to work PoS.
Speed limit only becomes an issue when you on personal runs on weekends. Other than that its an average of 24km/h you making during the week.

Ent! An increased speed limit eh changing much for the vast majority of ppl who have to drive during peak hours. Congestion have us crawling waaaay slower than any speed limit. Or at a standstill wasting gas in a long line of traffic.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » September 30th, 2017, 7:12 pm

120km for cars etc, 100km for vans etc and 80km for heavy mv etc... Thatd b sufficient

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » September 30th, 2017, 8:38 pm

That not changing behaviours much. Only when you can get a ticket.

I've always said I'm more concerned about other stuff, sudden lane changes without indicating, bumpering, crossing solid lines, hogging the right lane, shoulder driving....err....speeding, headlights off in the night, etc, etc.

Clamp down on the other stuff too. Our "leaders" really blank upstairs yes...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 1st, 2017, 5:18 pm

Well when those speed cameras are given legal effect we will be getting tickets. At least we will have 20kph more leeway

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 1st, 2017, 5:29 pm

Speed cameras but vehicles still registered to previous owners? That ticket in the mail thing need to work properly.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 1st, 2017, 7:21 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Speed cameras but vehicles still registered to previous owners? That ticket in the mail thing need to work properly.

Not a problem. If you so stupid to sell your car and not do a proper transfer - as far as the law is concerned - you are still the owner. So you stand the bounce and pay the ticket!

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 2nd, 2017, 7:59 am

bluefete wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Speed cameras but vehicles still registered to previous owners? That ticket in the mail thing need to work properly.

Not a problem. If you so stupid to sell your car and not do a proper transfer - as far as the law is concerned - you are still the owner. So you stand the bounce and pay the ticket!

This is correct, ask any police, it is an offence to not transfer a vehicle after it is sold within 7 days I think. I not sure if there is a fine/penalty attached to it

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » October 2nd, 2017, 8:06 am

Kronik wrote:
bluefete wrote:

This is correct, ask any police, it is an offence to not transfer a vehicle after it is sold within 7 days I think. I not sure if there is a fine/penalty attached to it

pals all we hadda do is splash some mud on the no. plate and we safe like briefcase

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 2nd, 2017, 9:02 am

Kronik wrote:
bluefete wrote:

Who said anything about not doing proper transfers? Yall so quick to be c#nts.

Vehicles transferred properly and vehicle STILL in previous owner name. That's what I'm talking about so my point remains.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » October 2nd, 2017, 9:23 am

Kronik wrote:
bluefete wrote:

Vehicles transferred properly and vehicle STILL in previous owner name. That's what I'm talking about so my point remains.

This is true.

Bought car (transaction done) at LO and did transfer immediately. Went for CC a few months later, car still on previous owner name, they can't find paperwork although I had chit. Had to waste time and money to go through process a second time.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » October 2nd, 2017, 10:40 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:
Kronik wrote:
bluefete wrote:

This is true.

Bought car (transaction done) at LO and did transfer immediately. Went for CC a few months later, car still on previous owner name, they can't find paperwork although I had chit. Had to waste time and money to go through process a second time.

When I did my transfer in caroni, paid for my certified one-time, when it came, name was still on previous owner, girl took it back and carried it back for them, got the corrected certified in about 20 mins. On the online system, the engine change was done but the previous owner name was still there, did not check it recently to see if it change though

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 2nd, 2017, 11:02 am

If gas goes up, we will see how many ppl will actually use the new limit to its full extent

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 3rd, 2017, 7:03 am

well it gone up^...we go see now...shockingly he didn't raise the speeding fine, maybe until they raise the limit

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 3rd, 2017, 7:09 am

Dave wrote:If gas goes up, we will see how many ppl will actually use the new limit to its full extent

Driving faster going to cost more now. That is why they planning to raise the limit.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » October 3rd, 2017, 8:28 am

speedist wrote:
SR wrote:Practiced at 100 this morning. Very nice drive. Only some teedaaahs pickups a loaded truck and a police xtrail with no lights or siren on fly pass meh

yeahhh kidd.

kaakaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » October 3rd, 2017, 10:27 am

Monkey Man wrote:
speedist wrote:

yeahhh kidd.

kaakaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww

Bodeaux.

Zim
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Speed limit to be changed

Postby Zim » October 4th, 2017, 12:02 pm

skylinechild wrote:
vct17inch wrote:From the comments I've seen here I know I'll get bashed of my statement but y'all rely don't get it. 80kph is ridiculous for a 3 lane freeway in 2017 where the braking distances of vehicles have drastically decreased from the 60's. It hampers productivity when people need to great distances to and from work everyday. Y'all try to get from south to port of Spain everyday and back without going over 80kph and see. You spend an unreasonable amount of time on the motorway. Here's where some idiot going to comment and say they commute everyday from south at 80kph and it's fine. But it isnt. And don't get me wrong. I don't condone wreckless driving but accelerating over 100kph is not being wreckless on a freeway

umm we dont have a freeway here in trinidad or tobago.
a freeway is an express highway where there is usually not a set speed limit.
there is however a penalty fine if you go under the recommended speed

i know braking distances have been better in never vehicle as well as braking technology ...

however the human reaction time has not....evolution hasnt changes us in 40 years to have lightening fast reflexes ...ability to dodge bullets etc... in addition having drugs stimulants / depressants and alcohol in our system affects the way our brains make judgement calls.....

age as well as poor vision also impacts our abilty and reflexes.

you can feel free to drive at whatever speed you like... just be sure you cud stop and you have your 2k ready to pay if caught.

i say leave the speed limit and pave all the damn rd properly...and enforce the law...

:lol: u probably got a lotta time on ya hands mate.

if ppl incapable, then mop a drop, easy stuff.

wrt human reaction time, u wud be amazed at our capabilities! :idea:

Zim

Re: Speed limit to be changed

Postby Zim » October 4th, 2017, 12:08 pm

16 cycles wrote:Hope they don't....

:lol:

bluefete wrote:
16 cycles wrote:Hope they don't....

THIS!

Now we will really see Kantish driving on our roads.

BTW - Has the death rate on our roads increased or decreased for the year?

If it has decreased, why raise the speed limit?

If it has increased, why raise the speed limit?
u shud try driving in Chaguanas n environs, men INSANE!

vct17inch wrote:From the comments I've seen here I know I'll get bashed of my statement but y'all rely don't get it. 80kph is ridiculous for a 3 lane freeway in 2017 where the braking distances of vehicles have drastically decreased from the 60's. It hampers productivity when people need to great distances to and from work everyday. Y'all try to get from south to port of Spain everyday and back without going over 80kph and see. You spend an unreasonable amount of time on the motorway. Here's where some idiot going to comment and say they commute everyday from south at 80kph and it's fine. But it isnt. And don't get me wrong. I don't condone wreckless driving but accelerating over 100kph is not being wreckless on a freeway

U make sense n I agree, 80kms, 50-60 years ago, heck yeah! Now we live in a more fast pace world and cars have adapted to such. Way better suspension, brakes, engineering etc.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » October 4th, 2017, 3:27 pm

100 km/hr still kinda low, but it will work for now.
What they have to do now is charge vehicles going under a certain limit on the right lane.
Most of the traffic (esp. in the SHH.) is due to one slow c**t trying to pass ah next slow c**t, and one could never pass the other. Seen this sh*t happening over and over.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » October 4th, 2017, 3:31 pm

mad wrote:100 km/hr still kinda low, but it will work for now.
What they have to do now is execute the drivers of vehicles going under a certain limit on the right lane.
Most of the traffic (esp. in the SHH.) is due to one slow c**t trying to pass ah next slow c**t, and one could never pass the other. Seen this sh*t happening over and over.

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cryotec » October 4th, 2017, 4:09 pm

my car lacks any kinda engineering so this change dont affect me :D

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 4th, 2017, 5:40 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:well it gone up^...we go see now...shockingly he didn't raise the speeding fine, maybe until they raise the limit

It already raise in the new amendments with the demerit points system i believe

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”