Forums

Share the burden - PM & President get more $$$

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Share the burden - PM & President get more $$$

Postby Dizzy28 » June 18th, 2019, 10:36 am

agent007 wrote:Got ya, but we do indirectly influence who becomes our president currently, not so?

Very marginally as we do vote for the 41 members of the House of Representatives who constitute part of the electoral college.

"The President of Trinidad and Tobago is indirectly elected for a 5-year term by an electoral college comprising all 41 members of the House of Representatives and all 31 members of the Senate.

To win the election a candidate must gain a plurality of votes cast, whereby a quorum comprising the Speaker of the House of Representatives, 10 Senators and 12 other member of the House of Representatives must be met for the election to be considered valid. If only one candidate should be nominated to run in the election, he or she shall be considered to have been elected president without the need for a vote to take place"
http://www.oas.org/juridico/english/mes ... tution.pdf

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » June 18th, 2019, 10:39 am

That woman is useless

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 18th, 2019, 10:42 am

Paula-Mae to get $1.4m pension

T&T Pres­i­dent Paula-Mae Weekes will stand to col­lect a pen­sion of $1.4m an­nu­al­ly un­der Gov­ern­ment’s pro­posed pen­sion amend­ments, UNC Sen­a­tor Wade Mark said yes­ter­day.

He said the Op­po­si­tion had cal­cu­lat­ed the ben­e­fits to be ac­crued un­der the pen­sion amend­ment pro­posed by Gov­ern­ment for in­creased pen­sions for the Prime Min­is­ter, Pres­i­dent, judges and leg­is­la­tors.

This was part of the pack­age of amend­ments pre­sent­ed in the Sen­ate yes­ter­day. It in­volved the Tax amnesty along with amend­ments to laws on pen­sions NIS, Free­dom of In­for­ma­tion, Cen­tral Bank and Non-Prof­it or­gan­i­sa­tions. It was passed in the Low­er House last week.

Sen­a­tor Mark, main­tain­ing Op­po­si­tion ob­jec­tions to the Bill, said it would be test­ed in the courts. He said the Op­po­si­tion would pro­pose amend­ments to delete pen­sion in­creas­es for the Prime Min­is­ter, Pres­i­dent, judges and leg­is­la­tors whom he said were a cho­sen few. “It’s ob­scene and greedy to bring this now.”

He said the past gov­ern­ment with­drew sim­i­lar pro­pos­als due to pub­lic con­cern. Mark queried why no pen­sion in­creas­es were pro­posed for the coun­try’s 28,000 dai­ly-rat­ed work­ers. Mark said the Salaries Re­view Com­mis­sion man­dat­ed a re­port on pen­sions. “We’re wait­ing for that al­though Gov­ern­ment’s feath­er­ing its own nest,” he said.

He not­ed pen­sion in­creas­es would ap­ply to Gov­ern­ment/Cab­i­net min­is­ters, non-Cab­i­net min­is­ters and the Sen­ate Vice Pres­i­dent. But he said it would not ap­ply to Gov­ern­ment non- port­fo­lio back­benchers, in­de­pen­dent or Op­po­si­tion sen­a­tors. Mark said for­mer in­de­pen­dent sen­a­tor Louise Horne who served 15 years, is now in an Ari­ma se­nior cit­i­zens’ home and “re­tired sen­a­tors should qual­i­fy al­so.”

On the Cen­tral Bank amend­ment to get CBTT in­for­ma­tion, he said this was be­cause Fi­nance Min­is­ter Colm Im­bert had a vendet­ta against for­mer CBTT gov­er­nor Jwala Ram­baran who want­ed “mil­lions.”

Im­bert said the pen­sion as­pect was need­ed to as­sist for­mer Par­lia­men­tar­i­ans such as a for­mer UNC MP whom he said had to sell his house to han­dle med­ical bills for his wife and him­self. He al­so high­light­ed a for­mer PNM Min­is­ter who left in 1995 af­ter two terms and who’s now bedrid­den, ob­tain­ing on­ly a $4,500 pen­sion.

He said a for­mer Chief Jus­tice had to split his $10,000 pen­sion be­tween fam­i­ly ex­pens­es and med­ical bills, a for­mer judge “lived and died in pover­ty” and a 1981 (PNM) Cab­i­net min­is­ter who had suf­fered a stroke lived on a “pit­tance.”

He said Op­po­si­tion Leader Kam­la Per­sad-Bisses­sar had ex­pressed in­ter­est in as­pects of the bill on for­mer prime min­is­ters with gra­tu­ity since she had tak­en three quar­ters lump­sum pen­sion and a gra­tu­ity.

Source: http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/pau ... 4m-pension

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » June 18th, 2019, 10:45 am

The economy "come out of recession" just in time...:|

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 18th, 2019, 11:29 am

^^^ent , in time to fool d simple minded voters

our president is d king in d game of chess , very little moves & he\she dey as d country's highest office holder just in case of anything ....

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 18th, 2019, 11:56 am

hydroep wrote:The economy "come out of recession" just in time...:|
I see what you did there

As we know PNM ppl will believe there was a recession.

apole69
Street 2NR

Postby apole69 » June 18th, 2019, 12:19 pm

matr1x wrote:That woman is useless

The post of President of T&T should be made redundant. It really serves no useful purpose.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 18th, 2019, 12:29 pm

apole69 wrote:
matr1x wrote:That woman is useless

The post of President of T&T should be made redundant. It really serves no useful purpose.
I agree bring back the queen and union jack

Blackman county fail

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » June 18th, 2019, 2:54 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:
fatboy slim wrote:we taking this sheit normal. we like it so.
VOTE PNM1.jpg

This is exactly why this country will never change and our governmentS will not change, because they know no matter what they do people will only cry and shout and protect for 2 days until they get hungry then forget it, roll over and keep quiet.
Our people rarely stand together for any cause...… injustice to our people has been our problem since E Williams first started his corrupt sh1t and brought in Caribbean people from all over and gave them false hope in exchange for putting them into power.

If it was in France or Haiti they doing this sheit the people done protest and burn down the place. Most Trinidadians have no balls especially peeonem fanatics for letting Bald head, Stuart Little and Ass Wa Wii screw and lie to the nation over and over again.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 18th, 2019, 3:41 pm

fatboy slim wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:
fatboy slim wrote:we taking this sheit normal. we like it so.
VOTE PNM1.jpg

This is exactly why this country will never change and our governmentS will not change, because they know no matter what they do people will only cry and shout and protect for 2 days until they get hungry then forget it, roll over and keep quiet.
Our people rarely stand together for any cause...… injustice to our people has been our problem since E Williams first started his corrupt sh1t and brought in Caribbean people from all over and gave them false hope in exchange for putting them into power.

If it was in France or Haiti they doing this sheit the people done protest and burn down the place. Most Trinidadians have no balls especially peeonem fanatics for letting Bald head, Stuart Little and Ass Wa Wii screw and lie to the nation over and over again.
That is incorrect, PNM ppl protess the most when ever a perceived Indo goverment in office doing good work.

So trinis do protest

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 18th, 2019, 4:02 pm

If a judge who earning a huge salary with plenty notax benefits along with paid govt housing all their life is unable to have any money saved at retirement in the order of millions and claiming to be a pauper
Then they deserve to be a pauper, because for all intensive purposes they managed their finances worser than a piper.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 18th, 2019, 5:03 pm

pugboy wrote:If a judge who earning a huge salary with plenty notax benefits along with paid govt housing all their life is unable to have any money saved at retirement in the order of millions and claiming to be a pauper
Then they deserve to be a pauper, because for all intensive purposes they managed their finances worser than a piper.
That's what I can't understand, this judge made way above above anyone else and now he's broke.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » June 18th, 2019, 7:10 pm

zoom rader wrote:
pugboy wrote:If a judge who earning a huge salary with plenty notax benefits along with paid govt housing all their life is unable to have any money saved at retirement in the order of millions and claiming to be a pauper
That's what I can't understand, this judge made way above above anyone else and now he's broke.

Much like the colonials before they aspire to live off the state....

When the colonials were here they occupied that strata of society, when they left the void was filled, but in name only, there was no real substance behind it.

The locals that inherited the positions only sought to mimic the what they saw the colonials doing which was "living off the state/colony", they did not also see the work that they did, they didn't see their position in the greater scheme of things, it was just me and my position.

This fueled their lifestyles, as they expected to be taken care off as the colony had done for the others before.

The issue is why are we to have sympathy for these people, why would any government minister even think to try to convince the public they I should feel sorry for a person who cannot upkeep his lifestyle, when most now are in the same position, especially since the reverse tactic was used to annex Petrotrin workers from the general population.

I am not in support of Petrotrin workers salaries and perks, I too believe they were at times much, however everyone was made to feel that their drop in lifestyle should be their problem, and that if it caused any problem it would be the result of their un-preparedness, and for the most part neither the government or the Ministry of Labour made any attempt to elicit any sort of sympathy or understanding for said worker to help them, so why should I feel sorry for these retired government workers who for the most part still receive a pension.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 18th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Naaah! We have to support them for all they doing for us.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » June 19th, 2019, 1:37 am

I laughed at his plight. I hear he like to be popular with the ladies

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » June 19th, 2019, 5:26 am

Tighten allyuh belt and shush...

...Ameen opposed a pension hike for top office-holders.

“We are in a period when many people are not losing their pensions alone, but losing their jobs.” She lamented that people like teachers and nurses who have built this country’s social fabric are now classed as the working poor.

“Even back pay for police officers is being restricted and they cannot protest. They are being taken advantage of and being told to tighten their belt.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/06/18/ameen-nis-exemption-may-go-beyond-vzuelans/

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » June 19th, 2019, 6:16 am

Yup, they living large.

Look at that woman, who looks part bison, and all the charm of dyke. Otherwise known as madam president.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 19th, 2019, 6:54 am

hydroep wrote:Tighten allyuh belt and shush...

...Ameen opposed a pension hike for top office-holders.

“We are in a period when many people are not losing their pensions alone, but losing their jobs.” She lamented that people like teachers and nurses who have built this country’s social fabric are now classed as the working poor.

“Even back pay for police officers is being restricted and they cannot protest. They are being taken advantage of and being told to tighten their belt.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/06/18/ameen-nis-exemption-may-go-beyond-vzuelans/
It good for they MC, ent dey want PNM

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”