TriniTuner 24-7

Re: New Chaguanas Traffic Plan by Friday

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 11th, 2012, 11:51 pm

awaiting this said plan.....

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » December 12th, 2012, 12:22 am

longer green lights and shorter red lights??? impossible...reds will be as long as the greens....idiots...

Sumana.00
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Sumana.00 » December 12th, 2012, 7:33 am

Trini Hookah wrote:I feel you want your Dinner cruncher reach for Breakfast inno

atleast they deliver to my house and not the corner eh oaaarrr

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » December 12th, 2012, 10:07 am

Trini Hookah wrote:So who picking me up to go shoppingggg guize? *bbm eyelashes*

hook me up with some hookers?

screwbash
Riding on 18's

STUPID DOTISH Chaguanas Borough

Postby screwbash » October 7th, 2017, 6:05 pm

A whole MC hour park up in the only exit from by price plaza to get on the flyover to get over by medford because some bright person ( an I sure it is mayor boodan) had the bright idea to put a dotish welcome to dotish chaguanas sign across the flyover at 3pm on a MC busy saturday and cause police to block all traffic with no warning or jack sheit. I hope they vote out he MC.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: STUPID DOTISH Chaguanas Borough

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 7th, 2017, 6:10 pm

Saw the sign being erected a few days ago.. ..but yes they should have done the Installation at off peak traffic hours....

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 7th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Chaguanas needs another flyover. The Endeavour overpass cannot handle the amount of traffic.

An overpass at Jerningham to Pierre Rd would help to alleviate some of that traffic quite a bit.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » October 7th, 2017, 7:08 pm

A roundabout by Medford gas station would help as well...large area of the entrance is underutilised

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 7th, 2017, 7:46 pm

Chaguanas needs an interchange like couva The four ramps should be converted so there is no conflicting traffic. Remember how Preysal was before the interchange? As Duane said ,another is needed at a point halfway between Munroe and Endeavour. Especially for exit out of Cunupia and Enterprise instead of having to go through all the back roads and traffic to exit at Munroe rd.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 7th, 2017, 8:03 pm

Small on ramp from mulchan seuchan road. No right turn by Medford gas station and if you want to access the places on that road you have to turn right just go up the highway and enter at Chan Ramlal street to access them. Plz someone send that to mowt/cbc.Image

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 7th, 2017, 10:03 pm

rspann wrote:Chaguanas needs an interchange like couva The four ramps should be converted so there is no conflicting traffic. Remember how Preysal was before the interchange? As Duane said ,another is needed at a point halfway between Munroe and Endeavour. Especially for exit out of Cunupia and Enterprise instead of having to go through all the back roads and traffic to exit at Munroe rd.

Couva needs a interchange that bypasses Couva itself. I've never seen a two bit town with that amount of traffic on the main road with NO apparent cause.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 8th, 2017, 6:58 am

It just need to widen the road to allow for vehicles to stop and others to overtake. And put no right turn restrictions for most of the length.

Some big problems ate by roops and Isaac Junctions. At least by isaac, thry could force a no 4ifht turn from the balmain to head north, making those persons having to pass through the exchange bypass where through heliport is.
For roops, those that coming from perseverance and wanting to head south, if possible, they could find a small road to let them not use the right turn by roops, but the small junction between there and the housing.

That way, u split up the cross paths between two separate spots, instead of just one.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 8th, 2017, 7:01 am

Biggest problem is, whoever in charge of there, not doing their work. Not even trying something to see how it works.

Have to give regrello props for sando, he made a lot of changes, but overall it better. Some not good, but could live with, some need to revert. Especially that green band maxi relocation. That new spot on short street is not good.

trinigoon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby trinigoon » October 8th, 2017, 8:10 am

De Dragon wrote:
rspann wrote:Chaguanas needs an interchange like couva The four ramps should be converted so there is no conflicting traffic. Remember how Preysal was before the interchange? As Duane said ,another is needed at a point halfway between Munroe and Endeavour. Especially for exit out of Cunupia and Enterprise instead of having to go through all the back roads and traffic to exit at Munroe rd.

Couva needs a interchange that bypasses Couva itself. I've never seen a two bit town with that amount of traffic on the main road with NO apparent cause.

Actually couva main Rd needs to repave badly.. especially the SMR from pt lisas to savonetta jnct.

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » October 8th, 2017, 11:02 am

I call Chaguanas "Traffic City" now, never pass when it's peak time, ever.

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » October 8th, 2017, 11:06 am

screwbash wrote:A whole MC hour park up in the only exit from by price plaza to get on the flyover to get over by medford because some bright person ( an I sure it is mayor boodan) had the bright idea to put a dotish welcome to dotish chaguanas sign across the flyover at 3pm on a MC busy saturday and cause police to block all traffic with no warning or jack sheit. I hope they vote out he MC.

welcome to trinidad enjoy your stay ..... thats why b4 i leave hme i check all my traffic watsapp groups and waze .. this country unpredictable when it comes to traffic and being on time for something

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » October 8th, 2017, 12:47 pm

In this economic crisis that is money wastage. I sure somebody make at least a 20k on tax payers money.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 8th, 2017, 2:45 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Chaguanas needs another flyover. The Endeavour overpass cannot handle the amount of traffic.

An overpass at Jerningham to Pierre Rd would help to alleviate some of that traffic quite a bit.

In the designs for the eteck endeavor industrial park I believe a recommendation was made for an overpass. However successive governments have excised lands for different purposes from that park.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 8th, 2017, 3:14 pm

We need plenty things in this country but we all know it ain't going to happen. Not under this government at least.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » October 8th, 2017, 4:07 pm

Yes there is need for a new overpass. I would recommend one by the Ministry of Agriculture. However the logistics to exit on Caroni Savannah Road is not advised as there is merciless traffic here. Continue west, possible roundabout to bring you back unto the Caroni Savannah Road and if you want to go to town an up ramp on the north side and then down to the Uriah Butler Highway Lay by by the walkover. Also you continue West to the Bye Pass. The lay by along the highways to go Pierre Road, to buy gas, Alescon etc would have to be closed to vehicles coming from South.

Due to vehicles using the lay by to get to areas such as the Muslim School, Pierre Road West, etc will have to take a ramp unto the new overpass, over Caroni Savannah Road to the roundabout and then to the school. Also you continue West to the By Pass Road or Old Tasker Road between Pierre Road and Chaguanas (Petersfield).

It is not just a flyover from East to West but a series of ramps, road upgrades, redefining the traffic plan etc.

In summary, one going East (existing one at Endeavour) and one going west by the Ministry of Agriculture. The ramp from the east (for traffic from Jerningham) will have to be elevated to go over the Nasaloo Ramaya Marg.

Some good engineering concepts ...................... Over to tuner engineers.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 8th, 2017, 4:48 pm

Open back all the side roads and that flyover ramps and leave the traffic lights off... lewwe see how that will work out... definitely cant be worse

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » October 8th, 2017, 5:00 pm

10-01 wrote:
screwbash wrote:A whole MC hour park up in the only exit from by price plaza to get on the flyover to get over by medford because some bright person ( an I sure it is mayor boodan) had the bright idea to put a dotish welcome to dotish chaguanas sign across the flyover at 3pm on a MC busy saturday and cause police to block all traffic with no warning or jack sheit. I hope they vote out he MC.

welcome to trinidad enjoy your stay ..... thats why b4 i leave hme i check all my traffic watsapp groups and waze .. this country unpredictable when it comes to traffic and being on time for something

Everybody who get ketch in that traffic should go by boodan office tom and get back ah $40.00 since gas gone up and they sit down they for ah hr waiting on dem dotish people. i cyah wait for sombody to paint vote pnm on that sign.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 8th, 2017, 9:35 pm

chaguanas always voted unc so why wud its politicians fix us nice [even when unc was in power] when they know they always have our vote ... straight talk

look at d road vendor situation , 1 lane always taken up by them & d music carts who continuing making ole noise

traffic still same way & 3/4 d time u dont see them trafiic wardens

ramsaran street , hot sweaty they start it leave it 1\2 asss done

court house take over a yr to fix

d new library is a waste that still hang up unfinished up to now

going down to felicity d main road bumpy like that & d electricity poles still on d road

they promised a roundabout by medford gas station & ramsaran st junction , at least we got 1 of d 3 by price plaza & they removed d ramps ...

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » October 9th, 2017, 7:58 am

like i saying years now that infrastructure is out dated but i am very glad with the changes made so far. especially. Soogrim West. I hope the new round about at the back of the muslim naagar comes into play soon.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » October 9th, 2017, 8:44 am

eurotuner wrote:I call Chaguanas "Traffic City" now, never pass when it's peak time, ever.

It's best to avoid passing through Chaguanas! That traffic is irrespective of peak time. IMHO most of the traffic is caused by foolish driving so changes in traffic flow will never give us the results we want. Too many inconsiderate drivers who only understand "right of way" and don't understand the importance of the concept "give way to merging traffic" or to allow vehicles to "get in lane" when exiting the highway, These attitudes then bleed into the main road driving.
On the US highways, the drivers understand these concepts and it's a smooth merge at maximum speed limit!
Just recently I was driving in St. Joseph on the Eastern main road in the vicinity of WASA, exiting King street, heading west. The main road there is 3 lanes but the middle lane was not being used much (I am not sure how it is supposed to be used since I think I saw traffic flowing on it both ways depending on the time of the day) and I attempted to merge to left lane. A driver refused to allow me to merge..... the middle lane was free of traffic so I just drove forward and another driver allowed me to merge. The same driver who didn't allow me to merge then used the middle lane just to attempt to pull in-front of me.... because I saw what he was doing as utter foolishness, I did not allow him to merge.

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » October 9th, 2017, 12:52 pm

pete, I agree and have thought about the same solution and why it has never been implemented.
The medford intersection is the pain point and traffic crossing opposing lanes is the cause of most of the traffic.

Some temporary measures that can be used:
1) Turn restrictions can also be temporarily used at the intersection
2) Biljah road can be used for entry/exit traffic from the northbound highway
3) Mulchan Seuchan road can be a left turn exit only, left turn entry only.

Basically, just minimize cross-lane traffic and the problem will alleviate.

-Roach-
12 pounds of Boost

Postby -Roach- » October 9th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Bankers Insurance was the persons who did the sign...

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » October 9th, 2017, 8:15 pm

bankers insurance owe me $40 or I call for a boycott of Bankers Insurance. Let them go the way of HCU.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » October 10th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Barriers gone now???

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”