STAR WARS - The Last Jedi trailer!

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 9th, 2017, 10:49 pm

Attachments
b721057b-20ad-4e83-8041-cea24064226c.jpg

trini mk5
punchin NOS

Re: STAR WARS - The Last Jedi trailer!

Postby trini mk5 » October 9th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Not impressed with the two previous movies. Hopefully third one is a charm.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 9th, 2017, 11:35 pm

trini mk5 wrote:Not impressed with the two previous movies. Hopefully third one is a charm.

They were better than 1, 2 and 3!

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 9th, 2017, 11:53 pm

never understood star wars tbh....

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » October 10th, 2017, 2:52 am

So the trailer makes it look like kylo has to fire on his mom?

Rey is a bess ting

Rogue one was good .

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » October 10th, 2017, 5:46 am

Rian Johnson wants to take us to a very very dark place, it seems. Good.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 10th, 2017, 8:13 am

trini mk5 wrote:Not impressed with the two previous movies. Hopefully third one is a charm.

The bane of modern movies in this genre is too much focus on CGI and fan service propaganda at the expense of good story telling, very few get that balance right. "The Force Awakens" didn't...it sucked big time.

"Rogue One" held up surprisingly well as an action/adventure film. They could have woven it more deeply into the Star Wars universe had they showcased Darth Vader's envelopment by the Dark Side allowing him run amok, eliminating the team. And his cheesy one liner joke...geeze... :|

There's an obvious line these movies are taking. Sorry to say, the anticipation for this one just isn't there.

trini mk5
punchin NOS

Postby trini mk5 » October 11th, 2017, 9:24 pm

hydroep wrote:

The bane of modern movies in this genre is too much focus on CGI and fan service propaganda at the expense of good story telling, very few get that balance right. "The Force Awakens" didn't...it sucked big time.

"Rogue One" held up surprisingly well as an action/adventure film. They could have woven it more deeply into the Star Wars universe had they showcased Darth Vader's envelopment by the Dark Side allowing him run amok, eliminating the team. And his cheesy one liner joke...geeze... :|

There's an obvious line these movies are taking. Sorry to say, the anticipation for this one just isn't there.

Agreed

trini mk5
punchin NOS

Postby trini mk5 » October 11th, 2017, 9:24 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Most def...

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 12th, 2017, 6:40 am

hydroep wrote:

Sucked big time? Please go watch episodes 1, 2, 3 or transformers. You clearly overly critical if to say it sucked big time when it did a much better job than many undoubtedly garbage big budget films.

Yofoot
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Yofoot » October 12th, 2017, 7:20 am

hydroep wrote:

To be honest i really don't get how we can even compare TFA to Rogue one, especially calling out TFA for to much CGI at the expense of story. They made a major effort to go practical when they could have. and at least it had proper characters that we cared for by the time to movie ended. Kylo Ren is one of the most interesting villains/characters i have seen in a long time. I felt for Finn and Poe and believed in the development of their friendship and i am invested in Rey's journey. To me they did a great job of introducing new characters, expanding the lore and doing a "soft" reboot for this generation.

I was so pumped for Rogue and was so disappointed. I felt nothing for anyone except the robot. The first half of the movie does nothing to drive the plot forward, the lead character looked like she was sleepy the whole time and felt nothing for when they all died. Plus, i know alot of folks LOVED that ending with Darth Vader, but i was so confused as to why it was even there. The story was told, the plot was wrapped up. it was not a Darth Vader movie. It was total fan pandering.

to each his own, i know taste are very subjective, but just from a movie and story telling stand point, TFA is more successful and to me, just a better experience.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 12th, 2017, 10:27 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

with the exception of binks, I greatly enjoyed 1,2, 3

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » October 12th, 2017, 11:42 am

i can imagine the the cinema in south park when it drop

"ah ekekekkekeke eh daiz d one hoo kill he fadda"

"eh naresh which one is dark veder"

*random snoring*

"kareem doh eat meh popcorn"

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » October 13th, 2017, 3:49 pm

this will make a easy 1-2 billion USD at the box office

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » October 14th, 2017, 10:04 am

As a Star-Wars fan , the movie Rogue One was somehow misplaced in the line up a bit. After The Force Awakens they went away from these new characters to new characters in Rogue One ,not a good move.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 14th, 2017, 10:19 am

Jedi and Iphone X .. :D

A December to remember ..

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » October 14th, 2017, 12:53 pm

This was sheit. Tfa was bad...this seems worse

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 14th, 2017, 2:40 pm

cornfused wrote:As a Star-Wars fan , the movie Rogue One was somehow misplaced in the line up a bit. After The Force Awakens they went away from these new characters to new characters in Rogue One ,not a good move.

Not sure I understand what you saying.

The whole concept of the massive importance of the battle at Yavin is based on the Rebellion getting the plans for the Death Star.
Rogue One fits in perfectly and was important enough to needs its own movie. It also didn’t include any of the major characters in Star Wars.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 4th, 2017, 7:21 pm

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further." - Darth Vader, The Empire Strikes Back.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”