UNC Internal Elections - November 2017

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

UNC Internal Elections - November 2017

Postby The_Honourable » October 21st, 2017, 8:15 pm

Kamla to seek another term as UNC leader in party elections

Kamla Persad-Bissessar will be seeking another term as leader of the United National Congress (UNC) when the party holds its internal elections on November 26.

In a release, the UNC said Persad-Bissessar has taken the decision to seek a fresh mandate from the party members as the Party prepares for a General Election.

According to the party’s current constitution, internal elections are held every two years for all members of the executive except the political leader; the leadership election is held every three years.

At next month's election, 18 of the Party’s 20 elected posts would be contested, including the position of Political Leader the release said.

The positions of Women’s Arm Officer and Youth Affairs Officer will be contested in a separate election.

At the last leadership election, Persad-Bissessar faced stiff competition from Vasant Bharath and Roodal Moonilal. There is no word yet on who else will be contesting the leadership position.

The UNC elections will be held between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:00 pm. Nomination forms would be available at the UNC Head Office, Lot #26 Southern Main Road, Exchange Village, Couva, from Monday, October 30 to Wednesday, November 8 between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm.

Source: http://www.looptt.com/content/kamla-see ... -elections

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: UNC Internal Elections - November 2017

Postby The_Honourable » October 21st, 2017, 8:16 pm

Vasant Bharath says he is considering running for the post of Political Leader of the UNC.

On Friday, the national executive of the party announced the date for its internal election as Sunday November 26th 2017.

The post for Political Leader is not constitutionlly due until the end of 2018 however the party said the current leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar has taken this decision to seek a fresh mandate from the party members as the Party prepares for a General Election.

Meanwhile, Dr. Roodal Moonilal said he will not be contesting the post.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 21st, 2017, 8:30 pm

The behbeh south Indians will ensure kams holds power

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » October 21st, 2017, 8:38 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:The behbeh south Indians will ensure kams holds power

Y? But y?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 21st, 2017, 9:07 pm

oh gorm lady, step dong a little gracefully nah.
Yuh going down the same road as bas and then yuh go cry blood when they pelt you to the side.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 21st, 2017, 9:26 pm

Vasant should have won the internal in 2015 as Kams had just led them to 7 election losses in a row. Instead Vasant was rinsed with Kams getting more than 10,000 votes than him. Vasant got most his votes from the north of Caroni voting.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 21st, 2017, 9:36 pm

In 2015 I was discussing the internal election with a card carrying UNC member. The lady in question...a businesswoman...was of the opinion that Moonilal and Bharat were "ungrateful" for trying to unseat Mrs. Persad-Bissessar and for that nobody should vote for them. She then proceeded to ask me "You don't think so?"

Trying to be diplomatic, I pointed out to the goodly lady that while I understand her concern swing voters had lost faith in KPB as a leader and perhaps it was time for a change if the UNC wanted to improve its chances of winning the next General Election.

Well you coulda swear I cuss she. If that level of thinking still exists in the majority of the UNC membership Kamla staying right where she is.

All things considered they'd be in a much better position if they elect Vasant...rice scandal an' all... :lol:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 21st, 2017, 10:22 pm

U could swear the caste system Is part of their DNA... Fleck Boi.

But one thing, interfere with they land or they money, and out with that caste... They badda dan Crab

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 22nd, 2017, 4:37 am

sMASH wrote:U could swear the caste system Is part of their DNA... Fleck Boi.

But one thing, interfere with they land or they money, and out with that caste... They badda dan Crab

you rather they do like the other majority group and eat fried chicken and mashed potatoes and corn and drink grape soda while watching the NBA ???

dont forget having a bunch of kids that they cant afford. :? :roll:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 22nd, 2017, 6:06 am

Nah, I just want them to vote responsibly and not out of heritage

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 22nd, 2017, 6:53 am

The motherly image is something that is hard to beat-and she milks it.

How does one measure success in local politics?

How we assessing their stewardship of the economy
Usage of available funds?
Party development?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 22nd, 2017, 7:36 am

On the flip side, pnm just milks the afro image... The ONLY reason why the Rastaminister has a position.

He is like the mascot. A token in his own party. The image that keep the votes coming in.

I wonder what sort of plants he has growing in his yard?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 22nd, 2017, 7:46 am

Measuring success. That is an important question.

The reason for existence; to enjoy life and leave it better than before.
If the people are happy, and the future generations have a some sort of expectations of good living conditions and leisure.

If the majority of people are unhappy, and the lowest of Ur strata is in deplorable conditions, then Ur doing something wrong.
Even, or rather, especially if the top levels live well, things are going wrong.

Ur life should not be just to barely live and pay taxes.

And the more leisure and actualization u allow the average citizen, the better Ur country is.

If u have to wait in traffic, or trudge through floods, or clean up flood water, that is not leisure, that is not self actualization.

What pnm does, raise the living cost of the average citizen and allow ministers to profit from exorbitant tax breaks and government pensions.

They are here now. They were here the longest. They had the most opportunity to make it fair. They have the power now to make it fair. If another party takes over, then they will have the onus placed on them.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 22nd, 2017, 8:00 am

thread title...
unc internal elections?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 22nd, 2017, 8:52 am

Redman wrote:The motherly image is something that is hard to beat-and she milks it.

How does one measure success in local politics?

How we assessing their stewardship of the economy
Usage of available funds?
Party development?

Sry, I was addressing that portion.

When our governance is derived from a tennis match, where either
Of the two main parties get control, internal elections tend. To be important

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » October 22nd, 2017, 9:10 am

skylinechild wrote:
sMASH wrote:U could swear the caste system Is part of their DNA... Fleck Boi.

you rather they do like the other majority group and eat fried chicken and mashed potatoes and corn and drink grape soda while watching the NBA ???

dont forget having a bunch of kids that they cant afford. :? :roll:

This.....and commit crime

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » October 22nd, 2017, 9:15 am

Frankly the UNC needs new blood. Vasant is already carrying too much baggage as it is.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » October 22nd, 2017, 9:32 am

UNC is a failure as a party and needs to revamp. All it’s internal structures are in disarray...... they just wake up every couple of years for elections and pull together a pick up side. They are not attracting any new intellectual talent.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 22nd, 2017, 9:38 am

toyota2nr wrote:Frankly the UNC needs new blood. Vasant is already carrying too much baggage as it is.

Based on what is available as opposed to who not there my question is who is better than Vasant and with any less baggage?

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » October 22nd, 2017, 10:32 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:Frankly the UNC needs new blood. Vasant is already carrying too much baggage as it is.

Based on what is available as opposed to who not there my question is who is better than Vasant and with any less baggage?
This right here is what the KPB maniacs would never let sink in Vasant is literally the only palatable person who can actually make a dent in a future election and encourage swing voters to support. Had He won it in the last election the UNC would be already on a part to resurgence he has no position right now which makes it better he can work from the outside to purge the party of the vampires that have sucked the life out of it over the years. And hopefully chair the nomination process for each candidate and get rid of the imps and who practically had the PP on the front page every week with a new scandal.
But alas Kamla is put up as a Devi goddess. A mother figure it's almost cult like.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 22nd, 2017, 11:09 am

boxy wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

This right here is what the KPB maniacs would never let sink in Vasant is literally the only palatable person who can actually make a dent in a future election and encourage swing voters to support. Had He won it in the last election the UNC would be already on a part to resurgence he has no position right now which makes it better he can work from the outside to purge the party of the vampires that have sucked the life out of it over the years. And hopefully chair the nomination process for each candidate and get rid of the imps and who practically had the PP on the front page every week with a new scandal.
But alas Kamla is put up as a Devi goddess. A mother figure it's almost cult like.

Kamla would have to endorse Vasant Bharath, which isn't happening right now. She's is seeing too much disarray in the PNM, and thinks she can get back in in 2020.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 22nd, 2017, 11:27 am

She went up against him in 2015 and probably would in the next internal. Why would she endorse a competitor, maybe her biggest threat as well ?

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » October 22nd, 2017, 11:47 am

I'm literally seeing on fb where her devotees are cursing Vasanth like literally wishing he would die and sheit wtmc saying he should let her go up uncontested. Is this what a democracy looks like? Wow.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 22nd, 2017, 12:42 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:She went up against him in 2015 and probably would in the next internal. Why would she endorse a competitor, maybe her biggest threat as well ?

:roll: :roll:
I'm saying she SHOULD endorse him, thereby pooling the support/votes, but she WON'T because she's saying a chance to possibly win again in 2020.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 22nd, 2017, 1:10 pm

Thank god here is our one and only chance to get rid of this useless rum drinking disgrace of a woman. Once we get rid of her from the party and get in vassant is then Rowley will have an actual opponent to deal with.

One of the reasons Rowley doesn't give a sh!t right now is he knows the UNC is run by a drunk so he knows his bread butter so long as Kamla is leader the UNC will never see office again.

This is our one and only chance to overthrow the PNM in 2020. If we fail to get rid of this woman now then all hope is lost.

Vasant has the support of the East West Corridor and many PNM voters aswell, something that nobody else in the UNC has. The East West is the key to winning an election, this is how it's done. We just need to get rid of this crazy woman now but that is easier said than done, it is possible that Kamla is being paid by Rowley to remain as leader because there is no other reason she would remain there to purposely keep the UNC in opposition she knows fully well she will destroy the UNC the longer she is the leader.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 22nd, 2017, 1:38 pm

One minute ED is a born PNM with a balisier in his bottom, next minute he talking about "we " and "our" and UNC. Before elections Rowley couldn't step in Kamla shoes , and Kamla was God, allyuh true colours showing boy.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 22nd, 2017, 1:38 pm

If Kamla wins internals, Rowley and the PNM will have to do level mess (which they are not far away from) for her to win general elections.

Redman and boxy are correct, she's milking the motherly/strong woman persona and it is hard to beat. Using that persona, she got points for coming out during the floods this week.

I prefer Kamla over Rowley any day, but we have to be real. Kamla racked up too much baggage and needs to bow out or she would be in the same category as Panday after the 2007 general elections - hardened and don't want to leave . Moonilal and Suruj should chill and bow out in 2020 during the screening process for candidates meaning new blood will come in.

The only major thing people will hold against Vasant is that he was part of the PP Cabinet when a lot of BS was going on, which in the political realm can be dealt with.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 22nd, 2017, 1:57 pm

This is what I am saying aswell, just like how she kick out Panday so to she must kick herself out. The strong woman #feminism thing won't work this rounds, the people rejected it in 2015 and they will do so again in 2020.

She is not genuine and the people knows it. Rowley doh pretend to be someone he is not, unlike Kamla who keeps pretending to be someone she clearly isn't. The vote for me because I am a woman didn't work in the USA and it isn't working here, the gender card has lots its power.

I met a lot of girls who supported and still support Rowley to this day even with all the sexist things he does say. Most of them actually prefer a strong male leader over a woman.

Also most women see her as an embarrassment, the day she went drunk no ass on the stage was the day she lost all her female support the only women who still support Kamla are women who does drink rum. She doesn't have the support of the East West Corridor so she is done. What the people want right now is someone competent, qualified and genuine to help our cause in fixing this country, the only one in the UNC who fits this description is Vasant Barath.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 22nd, 2017, 2:28 pm

It's probably in those free loaders, shady individuals, morally suspect persons like Moonilal, Rambachan, Tim, Ganga etc best interest to keep KPB there. A shake up would probably result in them being jettisoned as they should be.

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » October 22nd, 2017, 3:43 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:It's probably in those free loaders, shady individuals, morally suspect persons like Moonilal, Rambachan, Tim, Ganga etc best interest to keep KPB there. A shake up would probably result in them being jettisoned as they should be.
You forgetting bankrupt morally souls like Gerald Ramdeen and Wayne Sturge I still can't understand how u could have people like them at the forefront of your party it is beyond me

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”