Skybox companies: Buy less things online

Re: Skybox companies: Buy less things online

Postby matr1x » November 14th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Used them as an example.

My mechanic see a downturn in customers. Men using 5k mile oil and using for 10k.

Postby *KRONIK* » November 15th, 2017, 7:23 am

matr1x wrote:Used them as an example.

My mechanic see a downturn in customers. Men using 5k mile oil and using for 10k.

Well ....he may have some work in near future

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 15th, 2017, 3:48 pm

Miktay wrote:
maj. tom wrote:They not even interested in the Amazon model locally. Can't pay with credit card online and deliver. That's too much work for them. Then they could actually cut worker costs.

And for good reason. Amazon doh make any money on e-commerce sales.

Doesn't mean local business can't make money doing deliveries. If I know I don't have to wait a few days to get something from Amazon I might consider buying local. Convenience comes at a cost and many are willing to pay that cost. Doing nothing extra business wise while complaining that people shopping online is tuner mentality.

ABE: Making $ in e-commerce retail requires scale and automation in warehousing and logistics. There may not be enough buyers in sweet T&T to justify that type of capital investment.

Without a plethora of buyers to sellers will have to jack up prices to maintain profitability. And that iz what we have now.

May not be. May be. I don't see anyone (local businesses) trying to find out though. Testing waters. Just sit back and complain and that's it.

Postby Ben_spanna » November 22nd, 2017, 8:57 am

Just received an email from my Skybox provider, from Dec1st Prices for shipping will Increase by 75% due to issues with currency exchange...... so USD hard to get so rather than pay the legal 6.88 I guess they have to pay 8:1 , but even if they are paying black market of 8:1 that's only 16% more , so why raise shipping rates by 75%?

Postby zoom rader » November 22nd, 2017, 9:00 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Just received an email from my Skybox provider, from Dec1st Prices for shipping will Increase by 75% due to issues with currency exchange...... so USD hard to get so rather than pay the legal 6.88 I guess they have to pay 8:1 , but even if they are paying black market of 8:1 that's only 16% more , so why raise shipping rates by 75%?

Because trini wanted PNM and guilable folk will pay for it

[X]~Outlaw

Postby [X]~Outlaw » November 22nd, 2017, 9:41 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Just received an email from my Skybox provider, from Dec1st Prices for shipping will Increase by 75% due to issues with currency exchange...... so USD hard to get so rather than pay the legal 6.88 I guess they have to pay 8:1 , but even if they are paying black market of 8:1 that's only 16% more , so why raise shipping rates by 75%?

Which company is this?

Postby 88sins » November 22nd, 2017, 10:00 am

Which company? I'd love to hear their justification for that.
but even if shipping rates increase by 75%, guess what?

It STILL cheaper to import than face some of these crooks we call businessmen locally

Postby Chimera » November 22nd, 2017, 10:38 am

screenshot and post the email na

Postby Miktay » November 22nd, 2017, 10:38 am

I agree some bidnezzmen does buss price. Not all though. Some of them just passing on the cost of doing bidnezz to the buyers.

Postby paid_influencer » November 22nd, 2017, 12:27 pm

This greatly oversimplifies the forex issue in Trinidad. It's not that the price went up, it's that the U.S. dollar cannot be obtained to facilitate business at the present scale.

The consequences are much more dire than just a price increase.

Postby Dizzy28 » November 22nd, 2017, 12:46 pm

This greatly oversimplifies the forex issue in Trinidad. It's not that the price went up, it's that the U.S. dollar cannot be obtained to facilitate business at the present scale.

Were you paid to type that??

Postby 88sins » November 22nd, 2017, 12:47 pm

shhh, not so loud, ppl go say you mad.

but wait for it. ever hear old ppl say "after joy comes sorrow"? Carnival Monday & Tuesday will soon pass

cryotec

Postby cryotec » November 22nd, 2017, 1:42 pm

but wait for it. ever hear old ppl say "after joy comes sorrow"? Carnival Monday & Tuesday will soon pass

Carnival go bring the much needed forex :D :D

Postby 88sins » November 22nd, 2017, 3:04 pm

cryotec wrote:

Carnival go bring the much needed forex :D :D

not even in amounts that could start to fulfill our needs, much less our obligations. most ppl don't think about these things, but allyuh really eh know how much money this nation truly owes or uses to feed ppl per month or year.
the proverbial s__t is soon to hit the fan.
invest in very large umbrellas, plastic wrap & gloves

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 22nd, 2017, 4:55 pm

My skybox recently posted that they removed the taxes in the us when online shopping. I suggest you switch.

Postby 88sins » November 22nd, 2017, 5:44 pm

My skybox recently posted that they removed the taxes in the us when online shopping. I suggest you switch.

doh worry, by impsballs logic if you not paying tax there you could pay double what you paying here

Postby gastly369 » November 22nd, 2017, 7:17 pm

Ohhh yesss all my Xmas sale items looking like January ,

Postby xtech » December 28th, 2017, 12:19 pm

Got a regular letter in the mail at aeropost miami.....told them that its not a purchase in prealert but look at charges to recieve a piece of paper

Warranty/Returns Program $1.50
Customs Duties $0.60
Customs V.A.T. $0.48
Online Purchase Tax 7% $0.21

OUR SERVICES $9.65
GOVERNMENT FEES $1.29
Total Due $10.94

Postby paid_influencer » December 28th, 2017, 2:55 pm

^^still cheaper than Fedex though

Postby Miktay » December 28th, 2017, 4:23 pm

In effect what you are stating iz thiz: at the official exchange rate the market cannot clear. There iz no equilibrium b/t the demand for forex and the supply at the official rate. What we have iz a shortage. Raising the price i.e. a depreciation may reduce the demand. But thats not always the case.

Postby desifemlove » December 29th, 2017, 3:32 am

Local firms don't have the customer service to handle this. I don't see why does in the media don't get basic econ.

Postby matr1x » December 29th, 2017, 5:25 am

Well it have a cnc3 business reporter who gets level akon. ..but Dat is none of my business.

When local computer dealers charging 3 times for mice and keyboard as the online equivalent. ..you know everything wrong

silent_riot

Postby silent_riot » December 29th, 2017, 8:51 am

I am actually buying more online because there is now MORE reason to shop online than to support local import turnover businesses.

Postby streetbeastINC. » December 30th, 2017, 2:01 pm

Cross check the price of toys online vs what is on the shelf here 300% price difference.. ridiculous

car

Postby car » December 30th, 2017, 2:04 pm

streetbeastINC. wrote:Cross check the price of toys online vs what is on the shelf here 300% price difference.. ridiculous

Yesterday I went into Francis fashion Trincity and see a Nike shoe for $2500 and change. I’m sure that sells way cheaper online.

Postby paid_influencer » December 30th, 2017, 3:13 pm

streetbeastINC. wrote:Cross check the price of toys online vs what is on the shelf here 300% price difference.. ridiculous

you buying toys from d wrong places. It have local toy stores that consistently cheaper than online. You could save tons by just looking around for the cheaper store vs buying online

Jays in San'do (for decent cheap stuff) or toymart in gulf (for brand name stuff) good

Postby Miktay » December 30th, 2017, 5:27 pm

car wrote:

Yesterday I went into Francis fashion Trincity and see a Nike shoe for $2500 and change. I’m sure that sells way cheaper online.

Well am not making excuses for some of the dig out yuh eye retailers but alotta them have to price that way to cover the fickle Trini consumer and other business risks...

Postby Dave » December 30th, 2017, 5:33 pm

A Lego set > 500 pieces will always be cheaper online.

silent_riot

Postby silent_riot » January 2nd, 2018, 9:38 am

you buying toys from d wrong places. It have local toy stores that consistently cheaper than online. You could save tons by just looking around for the cheaper store vs buying online

Jays in San'do (for decent cheap stuff) or toymart in gulf (for brand name stuff) good

If it's small, cheap things, it's always better to buy locally, however, the larger more expensive items are always cheaper online. ToyMart is one of the MOST expensive places, they have $15US toys for $300TT+.

The cheapest places locally for non-brand name toys now are chinese groceries believe it or not....bathtubs, toys, etc.

Postby Chimera » January 2nd, 2018, 9:48 am

Miktay wrote:
car wrote:

Well am not making excuses for some of the dig out yuh eye retailers but alotta them have to price that way to cover the fickle Trini consumer and other business risks...

and more than likely its a fake shoe FF selling you