Forums

Advice on flat tire situation

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

yvan300
3NE 2NR for life

Advice on flat tire situation

Postby yvan300 » November 23rd, 2017, 6:49 pm

Bought some new tires earlier today. By the time I nearly reach home, realise the car handling funny. When I check, one of the tires basically flat. But not totally. Must be had 4-5psi left. Pull aside one time and put on the spare.

When I reach home, realise the sidewall ground away a little bit from driving at a low pressure. Then I inspect to see where the leak come from and realize the valve stem had a small tear. Not sure if it got damaged when mounting the tires.

Wanna know what's my options with this. Do you think the tire still safe to drive on? The tires still hold pressure.

Could I carry it back and tell them about the leaking valve stem causing the tire to deflate on the way home? Would I get compensated?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Re: Advice on flat tire situation

Postby Strugglerzinc » November 23rd, 2017, 6:52 pm

Jus now, lemme go check the company policy on this.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 23rd, 2017, 8:04 pm

Bro ur situation is perfectly normal with those chinese foreign used tyres.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 23rd, 2017, 8:20 pm

MaxPower wrote:Bro ur situation is perfectly normal with those chinese foreign used tyres.

MP like yuh never jiv on ling long tires

michelin eh want nothing on dah

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 23rd, 2017, 8:33 pm

i Bought some cheap tires brand new, paid 350 per installed and balanced 14" tires, works fine. No problems, wears perfectly even, No uneven peeling ect.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 23rd, 2017, 8:40 pm

OP take the tyre back, don't drive on it again.
They should give you a replacement once they are at fault.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 23rd, 2017, 8:43 pm

Well I’m sure if you bought cheap Tyres you also reused your old valve stems. It’s not the tyre that failed but your old stems. Installer should have advised you to change them or you should have requested new stems.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 23rd, 2017, 8:58 pm

j.o.e wrote:Well I’m sure if you bought cheap Tyres you also reused your old valve stems. It’s not the tyre that failed but your old stems. Installer should have advised you to change them or you should have requested new stems.

This happened to me once already and i make it a new policy to spent the extra 80dollars for a new set of stems.

yvan300
3NE 2NR for life

Postby yvan300 » November 23rd, 2017, 9:09 pm

j.o.e wrote:Well I’m sure if you bought cheap Tyres you also reused your old valve stems. It’s not the tyre that failed but your old stems. Installer should have advised you to change them or you should have requested new stems.

I'd figure they'd at least inform me. They just slap them on and send me out one time. And for the guys who mentioned it wasn't foreign used tires. Was actually bought new from a prominent rim company in Trinidad.

The valve stems were fine before I came. Otherwise I'd have changed them one time. I'm wondering if it was damaged while they were mounting the new tire.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 23rd, 2017, 9:41 pm

Sometimes the machine damages the valve stem ,other times the tyre can also damage it when coming off. For it to leak ,the bottom of the stem is broken ( unless they did not tighten the insert properly.) ,if it was good before ,then it's their fault. They should have dipped the wheel in water and tested it. Having said all that, if it's just the surface rubbed ,then it shouldn't be a problem but if you drove it and the rim damaged the sidewall that's a different story. We are not seeing the damage so we can't really say ,but you should be able to tell by inspecting it properly, but make sure to take off the tyre to check.

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » November 23rd, 2017, 9:49 pm

yvan300 wrote:

I'd figure they'd at least inform me. They just slap them on and send me out one time. And for the guys who mentioned it wasn't foreign used tires. Was actually bought new from a prominent rim company in Trinidad.

The valve stems were fine before I came. Otherwise I'd have changed them one time. I'm wondering if it was damaged while they were mounting the new tire.

So what brand Tyre?

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » November 24th, 2017, 9:13 am

To me whenever I buy new tyres, its the norm to change the valve stem.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 24th, 2017, 9:19 am

Just to clarify, is the stem the problem or is it the valve/insert

yvan300
3NE 2NR for life

Postby yvan300 » November 24th, 2017, 10:08 am

sMASH wrote:Just to clarify, is the stem the problem or is it the valve/insert

The stem itself has a large slit causing it to leak air quickly.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 24th, 2017, 10:30 am

yvan300 wrote:Bought some new tires earlier today. By the time I nearly reach home, realise the car handling funny. When I check, one of the tires basically flat. But not totally. Must be had 4-5psi left. Pull aside one time and put on the spare.

When I reach home, realise the sidewall ground away a little bit from driving at a low pressure. Then I inspect to see where the leak come from and realize the valve stem had a small tear. Not sure if it got damaged when mounting the tires.

Wanna know what's my options with this. Do you think the tire still safe to drive on? The tires still hold pressure.

Could I carry it back and tell them about the leaking valve stem causing the tire to deflate on the way home? Would I get compensated?

it all depends on how long and what speed you drove at, with the tyre underinflated

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 24th, 2017, 11:26 am

Any reputable company should replace.
You literally just bought it.

yvan300
3NE 2NR for life

Postby yvan300 » November 24th, 2017, 12:12 pm

Update on the situation. They inspected the tire and said it's still fine to drive. Changed the valve stem and it's working good now.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » November 24th, 2017, 12:26 pm

yvan300 wrote:Update on the situation. They inspected the tire and said it's still fine to drive. Changed the valve stem and it's working good now.
Why would they say it's not fine to drive?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 24th, 2017, 12:57 pm

imho this maybe a funny situation to lay blame since valve stems cud appear to be good but maybe cud have tiny hairline cracks that were not easily visible

maybe it cud have been accidentally damaged when tires were being put on as said above

they as d tire shop cud have recommended u changed them along with tires - maybe in d busyness it was overlooked or not mention it as its a extra $80-100 cost or u as d owner shud have asked for it to be done

hope d tire wasnt really damaged & u best chalk it up as a learning experience ..... :|

yvan300
3NE 2NR for life

Postby yvan300 » November 24th, 2017, 1:08 pm

racedriverpro wrote:
yvan300 wrote:Update on the situation. They inspected the tire and said it's still fine to drive. Changed the valve stem and it's working good now.

When you drive on an under inflated or flat tire the sidewall gets damaged both externally and internally. From the outside wear marks were present but from their judgement the damage was not bad enough to make the tire unsafe to drive on.

And yeah rovin should really take this as an experience. New valve stems go a long way. Cheap insurance for your new tires.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 24th, 2017, 6:11 pm

yvan300 wrote:
racedriverpro wrote:

When you drive on an under inflated or flat tire the sidewall gets damaged both externally and internally. From the outside wear marks were present but from their judgement the damage was not bad enough to make the tire unsafe to drive on.

And yeah rovin should really take this as an experience. New valve stems go a long way. Cheap insurance for your new tires.

What company ?

WE should know so this does not happen to any Tuner :D

yvan300
3NE 2NR for life

Postby yvan300 » November 24th, 2017, 6:17 pm

I'd rather not say the company name because honestly it could have happened to any tire shop. Most don't actively check for leaks after they mount a new tire. And the tear in the valve stem was actually very difficult to see. I think moral of the story is to be mindful of you valve stems. Change them with the purchase of new tires. You never know when they could fail.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 24th, 2017, 6:23 pm

yvan300 wrote:I'd rather not say the company name because honestly it could have happened to any tire shop. Most don't actively check for leaks after they mount a new tire. And the tear in the valve stem was actually very difficult to see. I think moral of the story is to be mindful of you valve stems. Change them with the purchase of new tires. You never know when they could fail.

So tell us who was the negligent company .

You come on social media to complain but once you get your problem solved you gone .

Maybe a woman tuner go to that company , and then she crash and die :shock:

Just because you selfish .

Expose dem !

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » November 24th, 2017, 7:28 pm

^^^hey newb go read trinituner rules or ask duane to remind u ..... :|

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » November 24th, 2017, 7:32 pm

- Rovin's car audio - wrote:^^^hey newb go read trinituner rules or ask duane to remind u ..... :|
Study vevo...he probably chaining up the man for a ban...lol

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 26th, 2017, 1:20 pm

ADONI wrote:To me whenever I buy new tyres, its the norm to change the valve stem.

correct. some don't do it because they prefer to be pennywise and pound foolish.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » November 26th, 2017, 5:09 pm

Not all valve stems are $10 tho and require replacement every tryre change

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 26th, 2017, 5:14 pm

Any tyre shop worth their salt will include the balancing and replacement of valve stems with the cost of replacing the tyre

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 30th, 2017, 7:52 am

I mount tires and don't change valve stems, I also reuse weights for balancing.

On my personal car however. I change the stems

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 30th, 2017, 4:51 pm

- Rovin's car audio - wrote:^^^hey newb go read trinituner rules or ask duane to remind u ..... :|

Cannot read or write :D

Maybe is YOU who sell de man that rotten tire.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”