TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Mr Chin say Trini Angry !

Postby MaxPower » November 30th, 2017, 5:11 pm

Raise the prices, the 1% have to eat too...and allyuh WILL pay it

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 30th, 2017, 5:15 pm

A large segment of his market is the "Status" crowd.

So he could raise prices and people will still go. Just as how another business raise coffee and doughnut prices yet people seem to buying more than ever.

Recession? What recession?... :|

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 30th, 2017, 11:39 pm

^^^ Hydro on point there I am always left wondering when I'm out....we don't seem to be concerned about money the way people are spending.

Does anyone know the amount of debt that the average household/person carries? That might be an interesting figure to find out.

Haagen Daaz has raised prices a 1 Scoop is now $20.00+ and the brownies are now about the same up from about $18.00.

Don't know if Starbucks has raised their prices, but the cheapest thing there is the brownie @ $20.00 las time I checked (I admit that was a while now). The cheapest beverage was the hot tea. It isn't a bad deal to buy the largest size as they give you two tea bags that can be reused if you bring it home or in the office or such. They are pretty good tea bags.
Last edited by Numb3r4 on November 30th, 2017, 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » December 1st, 2017, 1:13 am

Last few posts says it all

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 1st, 2017, 6:39 am

Numb3r4 wrote:^^^ Hydro on point there I am always left wondering when I'm out....we don't seem to be concerned about maney the way people are spending.

Does anyone know the amount of debt that the average household/person carries? That might be an interesting figure to find out.

Haagen Daaz has raised prices a 1 Scoop is now $20.00+ and the rownies are now about the same up from about $18.00.

Don't know if Starbucks has raised their prices, but the cheapest thing there is the brownie @ $20.00 las time I checked (I admit that was a while now). The cheapest beverage was the hot tea. It isn't a bad deal to buy the largest size as they give you two tea bags that can be reused if you bring it home or in the office or such. They are pretty good tea bags.

ched went from trini angry to trini sufferer in one fell swoop wit dis

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 1st, 2017, 6:42 am

Lolllll

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » December 1st, 2017, 12:38 pm

88sins wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:^^^ Hydro on point there I am always left wondering when I'm out....we don't seem to be concerned about maney the way people are spending.

Haagen Daaz has raised prices a 1 Scoop is now $20.00+ and the rownies are now about the same up from about $18.00.

Things hard.....

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » December 1st, 2017, 12:48 pm

Mr. Chin only have ole talk.

Wht iz he doing about it?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » December 1st, 2017, 3:46 pm

I think he might raise either box office or concessions......

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » December 1st, 2017, 9:53 pm

Not affected 4 in 1 dvd dude here.

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Postby No_Name » December 1st, 2017, 10:52 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:The solution is to relocate Beetham Gardens .

It is a failed community by any standard .

Adolf is that you?

Yet when Patos wanted to wall it off like the Warsaw ghetto, you weren't offended?

But it is time to relocate . The project did not work.

Build factories and warehouses for jobs .

Relocation would just shift The Problem to another Community...
Eradicate is what yuh really mean...

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 2nd, 2017, 3:24 am

No_Name wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:The solution is to relocate Beetham Gardens .

It is a failed community by any standard .

Adolf is that you?

Yet when Patos wanted to wall it off like the Warsaw ghetto, you weren't offended?

But it is time to relocate . The project did not work.

Build factories and warehouses for jobs .

Relocation would just shift The Problem to another Community...
Eradicate is what yuh really mean...

No, no, no,

Gov't need to remove Beetham & Sea Lots from their strategic location which connects EVERYBODY into & out of the Capital - POS

It is a serious National Security issue - and threat as we have seen . This is NOT the first time this has happened.

Gov't need to relocate Beetham & Sea Lots law abiding citizens to better accommodations.

Then build warehouses and factories and employ people .

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 2nd, 2017, 4:01 am

^ Employ people?

I dont understand. Why cant they find jobs now? Or is it they cant find a nice job? If they are not showing the initiative to work, what is the output when given jobs? It would be a total waste. These people must be interviewed like everyone else and they must be placed on strict probation. If they cannot make the grade yuh dont get paid....the failed individuals must be eradicated.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 2nd, 2017, 5:48 am

MaxPower wrote:^ Employ people?

I dont understand. Why cant they find jobs now? Or is it they cant find a nice job? If they are not showing the initiative to work, what is the output when given jobs? It would be a total waste. These people must be interviewed like everyone else and they must be placed on strict probation. If they cannot make the grade yuh dont get paid....the failed individuals must be eradicated.

You don't even hire ppl that support and vote PNM.

Once you vote PNM it shows you have some sort of mental illness

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 2nd, 2017, 9:09 am

I dont understand. Why cant they find jobs now? Or is it they cant find a nice job?

Here's a little experiment you could try.
Put on a nice shirt, tie, slacks & shoes, walk into any store in POS, & say you looking for work & are qualified & capable of filling a position, & then tell them you living in Beetham gardens/Picton/Sea Lots/Nelson street/Mango rose and see how many peoples facial expressions change when they hear your address. You will literally see & feel your chances of getting the position ebbing away.
Now, imagine a ghetto youth dressing as he usually does, speaking as he usually does, doing the exact same thing as you.

Still wondering why they can't find a job?

& theres more to it than just the stigma attached to where they live, but it's the first hurdle they have to overcome. It have plenty ppl living in beetham, laventille, etc, that have found that they literally HAVE lie about their address if they want a job.

it is what it is.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 2nd, 2017, 9:34 am

^ ok well that is very true, most business places wont really want people residing in certain areas...u give them wrong? People cause that among themselves and they vex when they dont get attention...annoying cries of racism...they can make it better, they just choose not to. The want the food brought to them without raising a finger.

Anyways 88, i see where u getting at, but answer this...if u were from beetham and u cant get a company to employ you....what will you do for income? How will u go out there and get that dollar?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 2nd, 2017, 9:58 am

I would say that BOTH sides are wrong & could use some change, the ghetto youth for looking and acting & thinking the way they do, as well as the potential employer needs to learn that not everybody from man area is the same & to hire/deny persons based on their own merit & qualifications or lack thereof, not on an address.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 2nd, 2017, 8:19 pm

MaxPower wrote:^ ok well that is very true, most business places wont really want people residing in certain areas...u give them wrong? People cause that among themselves and they vex when they dont get attention...annoying cries of racism...they can make it better, they just choose not to. The want the food brought to them without raising a finger.

Anyways 88, i see where u getting at, but answer this...if u were from beetham and u cant get a company to employ you....what will you do for income? How will u go out there and get that dollar?

These people vex because they have no education .

It is a FEW but they cause mayhem and we have tolerated them for way too long.

Vagrants are few but Gov't turn a blind eye - and they stink up de place .

Same with people who lack education .

Same with corruption :D

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2017, 11:21 am

88sins wrote:

I dont understand. Why cant they find jobs now? Or is it they cant find a nice job?

Put on a nice shirt, tie, slacks & shoes, walk into any store in POS, & say you looking for work & are qualified & capable of filling a position, & then tell them you living in Beetham gardens/Picton/Sea Lots/Nelson street/Mango rose and see how many peoples facial expressions change when they hear your address. You will literally see & feel your chances of getting the position ebbing away.
Now, imagine a ghetto youth dressing as he usually does, speaking as he usually does, doing the exact same thing as you.

& theres more to it than just the stigma attached to where they live, but it's the first hurdle they have to overcome. It have plenty ppl living in beetham, laventille, etc, that have found that they literally HAVE lie about their address if they want a job.

it is what it is.

Again total bullchit.

Getting a job or doing any business in trini all depends on who knows you It have very little to do with merit or where you live. Square pegs in round holes is the norm in trini.
Trini stick to their groupings and social circles.

Caste system is alive and well in trini. Beetham are our untouchables

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 3rd, 2017, 11:24 am

zoom rader wrote:
88sins wrote:

it is what it is.

Again total bullchit.

Getting a job or doing any business in trini all depends on who knows you It have very little to do with merit or where you live. Square pegs in round holes is the norm in trini.
Trini stick to their groupings and social circles.

Caste system is alive and well in trini. Beetham are our untouchables

Agreed ! And KFC customers with a gun ..

The experiment above works with Police , Immigration and Regiment .

Or and ANY Gov't position since September 2015 8-) 8-)

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Postby No_Name » December 3rd, 2017, 8:54 pm

MaxPower wrote:^ ok well that is very true, most business places wont really want people residing in certain areas...u give them wrong? People cause that among themselves and they vex when they dont get attention...annoying cries of racism...they can make it better, they just choose not to. The want the food brought to them without raising a finger.

In all instances, it always boils down to a matter of choice, which the Beetham Inhabitants also have, like any1 else...

Being the descendants of their late great Father of the Nation, they still eat, sheit n breathe a Hand-Outs way of thinking/living...

Our Maker didn't put us here to be chupid, if yuh eh ha Book Sense, yuh got two hands, so get up n get...poverty is an excuse...!!!

I remember the endless days working in POS, sitting in evening traffick and watching these warahoons sitting on their blocks, jinkin Hennessey like that, no ambition, no wuk, no pay, but playin shottas...

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » December 5th, 2017, 7:52 pm

88sins wrote:

I checked the prices in Starbucks today and they haven't changed the prices on the tea (still $10, $12 & $20) or the brownie (still $20), so no problems.

I will say this though Linda's has a brownie offering for $17.00 in which you get 2 blocks of said brownie and its good.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » December 7th, 2017, 11:52 am

Just buy a Kiss goodie for 1 buck and chill

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » December 7th, 2017, 12:19 pm

randolphinshan wrote:Just buy a Kiss goodie for 1 buck and chill

Yes good thing you said that I was in The Bel Air store and I went to the little snack station they had there, got a coke in the can for $3.50 and the Kiss Goodie for $1.00.

Was surprised at the price of the coke and I forgot that the Goodie was still around let alone at that price.

silent_riot
punchin NOS

Postby silent_riot » December 7th, 2017, 12:45 pm

Dred, man up and bake yuh own brownies...wtf.

Regarding Mr. Chin's comments, he has a point, and Trinidadians are angry and angry people need to relax in MovieTowne so I hope you made sure to buy your tickets to MovieTowne's National Movie day for $10 which was held the day after his speech in the opening post.

Also remember that in order to feel that you have achieved middle class, you need to consume the 1%'s products and services. Buy a car, go to the Mall, buy some clothes in Francis Fashion's, carry the family to a movie, drink a Starbucks and buy a Pizza and carry some Haagen Dazs on the way home...because eating your home cooked pelau and mauby in your porch with the boys is not what the successful middle class does.

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » December 13th, 2017, 11:56 am

Is there a tier just below middle-class, but above sufferer?

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » December 13th, 2017, 5:36 pm

silent_riot wrote:Dred, man up and bake yuh own brownies...wtf.

Regarding Mr. Chin's comments, he has a point, and Trinidadians are angry and angry people need to relax in MovieTowne so I hope you made sure to buy your tickets to MovieTowne's National Movie day for $10 which was held the day after his speech in the opening post.

Also remember that in order to feel that you have achieved middle class, you need to consume the 1%'s products and services. Buy a car, go to the Mall, buy some clothes in Francis Fashion's, carry the family to a movie, drink a Starbucks and buy a Pizza and carry some Haagen Dazs on the way home...because eating your home cooked pelau and mauby in your porch with the boys is not what the successful middle class does.

lol@home cooked pelau and mauby iz not middle class

2nd runner up for quote of the year.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 14th, 2017, 3:20 am

So this is how some working people roll dude :D

They enjoy life .

There are spenders and savers .

And cheap mook.

Do what you can and stop being angry with other people's choice nah .. :D

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 14th, 2017, 3:24 am

RedVEVO wrote:

So this is how some working people roll dude :D

They enjoy life .

There are spenders and savers .

And cheap mook.

Do what you can and stop being angry with other people's choice nah .. :D

The whole idea of this thread is to find out WHY PEOPLE ANGRY :agrue:

So maybe we can have a better understanding of life in Sweet T & T ?

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » December 14th, 2017, 6:54 pm

I think they're angry because they see the institutions not working for them.....they feel themselves victims and being taken advantage off. That they have no recourse.

Having seen the vast sums of oil wealth that have passed through the country and landed in the hands of the precious few and what was left squandered on social schemes that just didn't work, has left the average man bitter and jaded with the general sense that if "dem" (the government) ain't spending on me, I eh go spen' on dem (hence no one wants to pay taxes)". This compounds with the fear of how badly we've managed money furthering the problem.

Now that they don't pay taxes and no money is spent on "dem" they have developed the attitude and culture of spending on themselves.....

Hence they embrace the luxury brands so well...if only to compensate and make up for the fact that they have little else to make their lives "better". This also has implications with regards to class and upward mobility, since we have no insitutions to clearly support and define our society and more importantly to give the populace any form of comfort and security we latch onto goods and services (appropriately priced) to give us this support and prove our place in the society.

Now with the downturn and the lack of the personal ability to purchase this comfort and security.....well need I say more.

We are seeing the "people" trying to survive on what is left now when this becomes difficult we become stressed and anger is the response, among other emotions.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”