Forums

NEW Toyota Corolla replacement

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

NEW Toyota Corolla replacement

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 4th, 2017, 11:49 am

New car dealership Toyota Trinidad and Tobago Limited is defending itself against claims that it sold a customer a defective vehicle that it has declined to replace.

Penal resident Deopersad Latoo said he purchased a Toyota Corolla GLI 2017 sedan at Toyota's South Park, San Fernando branch on September 29, but began experiencing problems with the vehicle the very next day.

“My son and I observed that the car began vibrating when placed in reverse gear so I contacted the company and indicated that the vehicle had a defect, whereby we were instructed to bring the vehicle in.

“We returned the vehicle on October 2 and it was placed on a ramp and checked, after which we were told there's nothing wrong with it, but not being satisfied with that assurance, I asked to have it replaced.”

Latoo said he was informed that his request for a replacement would have to be dealt with by Service Manager Rawl Jones.

“The next day (Oct 3) I received a call from Mr Jones asking if it was possible for me to meet him at the South Park branch, so I agreed. The vehicle was test driven and the vibration was detected.”

Jones, he said, told him in order for the vibration to stop he needed to engage the accelerator all the way, and that as far as he was concerned there's nothing wrong with the vehicle since all the GLIs performed the same way.

“I told him that after spending $245,000 I'm not willing to accept a defective vehicle and asked for the vehicle to be replaced, failing which, I would like to have my money refunded. Both those requests were denied,” Latoo said.

He said he then sought legal representation and a pre-action protocol letter was sent to Toyota on October 16. The company responded via their attorneys seeking an extension, which was granted to November 3.

“Strangely enough, on November 3 I got a call from my lawyer telling me I need to go and collect the vehicle as Toyota has sent a letter indicating I would be billed a storage fee of $200 daily for each day the vehicle remained on their compound.

“What Toyota did was they literally forced me to take the vehicle back, so I had to hire a wrecker to go and collect it.”

Latoo said despite his lawyer informing him that Toyota had supplied the results of tests indicating the vehicle was not defective, he still was not satisfied because he was not present when those tests were conducted, nor could he verify the authenticity of the test results.

Toyota responds

Toyota, however, refuted some of Latoo's allegations while standing by the veracity of the tests results.

In a meeting on Wednesday with president Shigeru Ito, vice president Ryan Latchu, Jones and Service Team Leader Sheldon Thompson, Express was told that no one at Toyota ever informed Latoo that the vibration was consistent with the 2017 Corollas, or for that matter, with any vehicle manufactured by Corolla.

“We are distributors and therefore are not 100% professionals in declaring a vehicle defective. To define a vehicle as being defective is the call of the manufacturers,” Ito said.

When asked if Toyota receives requests to have vehicles replaced and how do they treat with such requests, Ito responded: “Normally we don't receive such requests, however, we have a warranty manual endorsed by the manufacturers that outlines the conditions under which a vehicle will be repaired or replaced.

“We will not replace an entire vehicle if one component is not functioning as it should, we'll just replace the specific component.”

Ito also said Toyota has done everything possible, even paying for tests to be done by independent third party, Cariclaims, to maintain its policy of good customer service and relations.

In shedding some light on the tests conducted, Thompson said, “We took a decision to have Latoo's vehicle properly checked by our people at the Panama Representative Office in Panama, who provides us with technical support. So we had one of their senior engineer flown down to perform a PicoScope Test, which measures vibrations.

“The tests were conducted on his, as well as a comparison vehicle, a new Toyota Corolla of the same model. The results from the tests done on both vehicles indicated that the vibration occurs when both the accelerator and the brake pedals were engaged when the vehicles are in reverse gear.

“There's something called first force vibration, which is normal for any mechanical component in motion. When the brake and accelerator of a vehicle is engaged at the same time you have two opposing forces at play and this increased the level of first force vibration. Under normal circumstances the rubber mounts that support the engine will absorb the first force vibration, but in scenarios like this, the vibration will be exaggerated.

Thompson said the PicoScope tests showed that cause of the vibration is as a result of driver's error, from trying to reverse while the brake is engaged, which is what Mr Latoo is said to have been doing.

Toyota also produced the results from the tests done by Cariclaims which stated that a noticeable vibration emanated from the engine, particularly at low RPM when a full load was applied in reverse gear while the hand brake was fully engaged to the point where the vehicle could not mover. According to the test report, the vibration subsided when the RPM was increased above 1800.

The report stated that test done on a Corolla not yet registered provided the same results and since engine tolerances are tighter in new vehicles, while engine and transmission mounts are expected to be stiffer when new but will soften with use. It also stated that the vibration does not represent a defect and there are no known recalls for that model.

“We are still willing to meet with Mr Latoo and see how best this issue can be resolved,” Ito said.

To Toyota's claim, Latoo said: “I've been driving for over 30 years so I would be foolish to engage the brake pedal and the accelerator at the same time”.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: NEW Toyota Corolla replacement

Postby Dizzy28 » December 4th, 2017, 11:54 am

The local president of Toyota is a Jap?
And their VP Ryan Latchu, he was at Massy before. Saw him tender for a number of fleet purchases on Massy's behalf.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » December 4th, 2017, 12:07 pm

$245000 for a corrola???
Could have gotten something better for that price.
At least De sales person make a nice commission...

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » December 4th, 2017, 12:11 pm

in on page 1... gramps shoulda stick to he MS 122/ 125 crown and humble heself...

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » December 4th, 2017, 12:24 pm

My buddy has a corolla Wagon and in traffic it vibrates at the steering wheel.

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » December 4th, 2017, 12:30 pm

skylinechild wrote:in on page 1... gramps shoulda stick to he MS 122/ 125 crown and humble heself...

THIS!!

I said the same thing. Probably he expected it to be all quiet and smooth like a jet.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » December 4th, 2017, 12:43 pm

skylinechild wrote:in on page 1... gramps shoulda stick to he MS 122/ 125 crown and humble heself...

That is quite an upgrade from the 2017 Corrola actually.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » December 4th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Interesting.....

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 4th, 2017, 1:10 pm

i was reading this on fb about a hr ago

d man buy a corolla not a vibrator ................................. :lol:

they does be quick to take ur $$$ but when is problem they slow to fix .....

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » December 4th, 2017, 1:15 pm

I would say based on this reporting that ole man could haul he kant, but form my experience with dealers, they would outright lie to avoid warranty work.Give mamoo a flecking new car!!!!

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 4th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Ah hear...:lol:...a man car "bun-dong" after carrying it into a Stealership for service. They didn't admit liability but gave the guy a significant discount on a new vehicle after he threatened to make it public. So they probably do make an effort to avoid bad press.

Still, the Stealerships have to be careful because is smart-man Trinis they're dealing with.

If this customer documents his own comparison with other recently bought Corollas and the vibration is peculiar to his car he may very well have a case and should stick it to 'em.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » December 4th, 2017, 1:50 pm

uncle couldn't tek a new one for a test drive and compare?

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cryotec » December 4th, 2017, 2:09 pm

i feel like we aint getting the whole story since Latoo's claim could easily be verified. he says that when car in reverse, it does vibrate. tttl testers say that could only happen if brakes/hand brakes is engaged while accelerator pedal is held down. Latoo deny that he stupid enough to do that. so why not get together and let the man re-enact the situation which induces the vibration to see if he on sheit or not? unless this is one of those problems that happen once in a while

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » December 4th, 2017, 2:14 pm

MG Man wrote:uncle couldn't tek a new one for a test drive and compare?

To smell up a new car with coconut oil, ghee, ghobar and tumeric? These Injuns need to take what they get and like it.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 4th, 2017, 2:46 pm

Man now buy the car and he son fak it up and blaming the dealership yes....weyyyyyyyyyyyyy

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » December 4th, 2017, 2:48 pm

MaxPower wrote:Man now buy the car and he son fak it up and blaming the dealership yes....weyyyyyyyyyyyyy

But is the car facked up?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 4th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Maybe it is manual

K_J_R
3NE 2NR for life

Postby K_J_R » December 4th, 2017, 3:32 pm

asking for them to replace vehicle when the car is vibrating in reverse?

might be a bad mount or something.

tdad has no lemon laws tho.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 4th, 2017, 3:33 pm

Toyota mc

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » December 4th, 2017, 3:41 pm

If he did not insist on replacing the whole bloody car, I might be on the guy side. But you can have issues covered by warranty from the moment you roll out of the showroom. Lack of video on FB for this story detailing the problem leads me to believe mamoo on sheit (If you all find the video, please link it, not finding anything).

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 4th, 2017, 3:45 pm

How they charge the man $200 per day for storage ?

They take the man $245,000 and give him a " lemon " - just replace .

Why current AG and PM does not step up with Lemon Laws ?

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 4th, 2017, 3:49 pm

K_J_R wrote:asking for them to replace vehicle when the car is vibrating in reverse?

might be a bad mount or something.

tdad has no lemon laws tho.

Yup prob could be a bad mount or rubber...whick toyota could replace...but wanting to replace the car for a vibration...no way the stealership would do that...uncle asking for too much...
If they dont want it i will take it....

maxtech
Street 2NR

Postby maxtech » December 4th, 2017, 4:16 pm

Boss. You purchase that car defective. But it sounds like a transmission problem.
That just goes to show the shiity mechanic Toyota have. Hint check yah transmission oil level or possibly a burst engine or transmission mount. If all else fail you might have to change that transmission.

I really don't know why the dealer don't just repair or replace the farm vehicle it ain't costing them much.

Seems to me like the legal system failing you already so I suggest you do what criminals do. $245,000.00 to purchase stress you could of gotten that for free.

Toyota has a relatively good rep world wide so this is surprising.....

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » December 4th, 2017, 4:56 pm

Tiida FTW

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 4th, 2017, 5:26 pm

K74T wrote:Tiida FTW

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wickedtuna » December 4th, 2017, 5:54 pm

These mc want yuh money and no service/warranty white collar mf bandits 245 the man spend Jah alone know yes .....uncle fork dat expose them they mc

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » December 4th, 2017, 6:28 pm

Deopersad Latoo's car

Hope the issue gets resolved soon.

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » December 4th, 2017, 7:40 pm

Really unfortunate.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » December 4th, 2017, 7:40 pm

Car looks nice though.....after market rims?....

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » December 4th, 2017, 10:07 pm

For that paper Uncle coulda cawl dong a roro Accord and a piece of land in Grande

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”