TunerGod

Re: CJ friend closer than we thought

Postby zoom rader » April 28th, 2019, 11:29 am

mero wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Necks may actually pop!!!
The Privy Council will always be anti capital punishment.
You prefer your kids in school to get a good cut arse from a bully teacher?
That's corporal punishment brah
Capital punishment is death penalty by whatever means
Yes true which is a precursor for Capital punishment. It starts from there.
Zoom accept yuh talking sheit sometimes nah
You and others like you will never understand. Carry on bro

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 21st, 2019, 2:16 pm

No impeachment for Chief Justice, says PM

Chief Justice Ivor Archie will not face impeachment proceedings.

In December 2018, the Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago (LATT) voted in favour of triggering impeachment proceedings against the Chief Justice.

One hundred and fifty members voted in favour of sending the report of the committee established by the council to inquire into allegations of misconduct against Archie, to the Prime Minister for his consideration under 137 of the Constitution.

However, speaking at the post-cabinet media briefing on Thursday, Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley said he sought legal advice on the request and was advised not to take action.

“The Law Association sent me a request that I do certain things. I told you that I would take legal advice and I have been in the process of doing that and the legal advice that I have indicate that I do not need or I should not acquiesce to the Law Association’s request. So we move on,” the Prime Minister told reporters at the Diplomatic Centre in St. Ann’s.

Rowley added that that on matters as such, he does not advise himself.

He said the decision to act or not to act on a daily basis is guided by proper advice.

“I wasn’t going to take advice from the Law Association. I don’t advise myself. I went and I got legal advice as to whether, in fact, I should take advice from the Law Association and the advice that I got is that I should not,” the Prime Minister indicated.

According to reports, Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar, in response to the latest development questioned whether the Prime Minister was protecting his friends and family.

The Chief Justice has been the subject of allegations of misconduct since 2017.

Archie has been accused of advising Supreme Court Judges to change their state-provided security in favour of a private security company that employed his close friend Dillian Johnson, as a consultant.

It has also been alleged that Johnson, a convicted felon was listed as one of twelve people who successfully obtained houses from the Housing Development Corporation (HDC) after the Chief Justice personally called senior HDC officials to fast-track the applications.

Source: http://www.looptt.com/content/no-impeac ... ce-says-pm

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » July 21st, 2019, 2:23 pm

^^^^
This is not a real place

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 21st, 2019, 3:34 pm

Who did he get the advice from ,and what did it say? May I please see it? Or does Balgobin have to go to the Privy Council to get the info?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 23rd, 2019, 11:02 pm

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/lo ... AWXgbaug5M

express wrote:‘I will sue PM myself’
by anna ramdass

THE case against Chief Justice Ivor Archie is not closed. Senior Counsel Israel Khan said yesterday if the Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago (LATT) takes no action, then he will take the Prime Minister to court over his decision not to invoke Section 137 of the Constitution.

This section of the Constitution would have caused President Paula-Mae Weekes to appoint an independent tribunal to investigate allegations against the Chief Justice. Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley sought legal advice from British Queen’s Counsel Howard Stevens and from that April 25 opinion, Rowley decided to not take action against Archie.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » July 24th, 2019, 4:23 pm

(In addition to HDC house and security services)

Homosexuality is against the law.

He is the CJ.

He is breaking the law.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 25th, 2019, 9:36 pm

kstt wrote:(In addition to HDC house and security services)

Homosexuality is against the law.

He is the CJ.

He is breaking the law.

Yes but the PM is also a man boola, so it stands to reason that Archie safe.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 28th, 2019, 10:04 am

Now that the equally dotish, similar lifestyle, scarf wearing numbskull PM gave a free pass to this embarrassment and laughingstock Archie, he (Archie) wasted no time in pursuing his vengeance against those who spoke out against him by attempting to transfer Justice Carol Gobin to Tobago to head up the Family Court.
This cannot be anything other than victimization and payback. Not surprisingly, JUHN Scarfy, Arse-Wari, nor Fake Rasta will say a word about this.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 28th, 2019, 11:17 am

PNM logic (social media) - "He eh do nuttin wrong. Is dem racial unc indian lawyers who just want to hound the black CJ out of office and take over everything."

Allegations of misconduct against the CJ but their argument is race. See why we can't get anywhere?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 1st, 2019, 10:12 pm

Israel Khan S.C. - Rowley is a Liar

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 5th, 2019, 4:30 am

JUSTICE LUCKY, IS IT YOU?
CJ affair on UNC Facebook page

A voice recording purporting to be that of High Court judge Gillian Lucky disclosing that she facilitated requests for Chief Justice Ivor Archie to assist his fraudster friend Kern Romero with money has gone viral.

The recording was posted on social media site Facebook around 9.34 a.m. yesterday, on what is considered an Opposition United National Congress (UNC) page “From Mason Hall to Hell”, under the caption, “Defination (sic) of misbehaviour in public office”. The post, which has composite images of both Archie and Justice Lucky dressed in their court robes, as well as convicted fraudster Dillian Johnson, was shared over 100 times.

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/local/justice-lucky-is-it-you/article_013f18ca-b721-11e9-87f8-37b3bea1c004.html

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 5th, 2019, 4:43 pm

So pnm false report this post as it was a leaked audio by Justice Lucky speaking about the CJ and his alleged behavior. The audio clip was referred to by the Express.

Well it has been reuploaded. Starts at 2:00.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » August 5th, 2019, 6:37 pm

zoom rader wrote:
mero wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Corporal punishment uses physical means of punishing the person, thus inflicting physical harm.

Capital punishment results in the death of the person.

Thus by those 2 definitions we can see the capital punishment is a sub-set of corporal punishment, albeit an extreme one. Capital could be considered a drastic form of Corporal.

If you think it doesn't make sense then consider the naming of the forms of punishment after the rank or chain of command of a military or uniformed (fighting) force. Both belong to same group but one is "greater" than the other.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 5th, 2019, 7:10 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
mero wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Corporal punishment uses physical means of punishing the person, thus inflicting physical harm.

Capital punishment results in the death of the person.

Thus by those 2 definitions we can see the capital punishment is a sub-set of corporal punishment, albeit an extreme one. Capital could be considered a drastic form of Corporal.

If you think it doesn't make sense then consider the naming of the forms of punishment after the rank or chain of command of a military or uniformed (fighting) force. Both belong to same group but one is "greater" than the other.
You can't explain these things to mero, he is hard core PNM.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 5th, 2019, 8:48 pm

buttum buddies

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 6th, 2019, 10:57 am

Justice Lucky must come forward

As a prosecutor, lawyer, politician and, now judge, Gillian Lucky has built a reputation as a forceful and forthright public personality. She has dared to venture into areas few of her peers would even consider and has rarely hesitated to express her views, albeit within the bounds of her profession.

For these reasons, Justice Lucky’s silence on the explosive audio recording purportedly of her discussing matters involving the Chief Justice and a felon is astonishing. The issue involved is no trifling matter and, if authentic, the recording could have very serious repercussions for Justice Lucky, the Chief Justice, the judiciary and the country.

It has been almost 48 hours since the recording was posted on Facebook on the anti-government page “From Mason Hall to Hell”. Despite repeated attempts to reach Justice Lucky for comment, this newspaper has been unable to establish contact with her. One would assume that if the recording was a technological fabrication she would have been eager to denounce it as such given its staggering implications.

If the recording is authentic, serious questions immediately arise about the veracity of the statement issued by the Judiciary on Justice Lucky’s behalf on January 10, 2018 in which she denied a Sunday Express investigative report that the CJ had asked her to do favours for his friend, the late convicted felon Kern Romero. That statement had said Justice Lucky met Romero as a client while in private practice and that her dealings with him were protected by professional privilege.

This position is completely at odds with the contents of the audio recording in which a voice similar to Justice Lucky’s says, among other things, that CJ Archie on several occasions asked her to give money to Romero and to assist him with legal advice. The voice goes on to describe a close relationship between Chief Justice Archie and Romero.

The account in the recording is frankly astounding. If the voice does indeed belong to Justice Lucky then, not only does it put the veracity of the Judiciary’s statement of January 2018 into question, but the entire premise of the legal advice on which the Prime Minister has refused to trigger Section 137 of the Constitution and investigate the Chief Justice stands to be nullified. For, if the voice is that of Justice Lucky then she should be in a position to corroborate the allegation that CJ Archie was involved in compromising dealings with Romero and others.

If the recording is authentic then serious questions have to be asked about the Judiciary’s statement of January 2018 which denied the Sunday Express report. Who wrote that statement and with what intent?

Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley has similarly denied another Sunday Express story in which journalist Denyse Renne reported seeing WhatsApp messages from the CJ to Dr Rowley seeking his help in procuring State housing, a matter in which his friends were involved. Dr Rowley has denied this. The possibility that one denial may be a lie inevitably throws doubt on the other.

Given all of this, surely Justice Lucky knows that silence is not an option for her.

Source: https://www.trinidadexpress.com/opinion ... a5eec.html

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » August 6th, 2019, 11:10 am

that move to out Lucky has been >10 yrs in the making...can't turn your back and escape unscathed...politics...

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 6th, 2019, 11:24 am

One of the articles suggesting this is all a homophobic attack on prominent personalities of that persuasion...:|

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 6th, 2019, 11:43 am

hydroep wrote:One of the articles suggesting this is all a homophobic attack on prominent personalities of that persuasion...:|

RIP Akiel Chambers

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 6th, 2019, 12:03 pm

hydroep wrote:One of the articles suggesting this is all a homophobic attack on prominent personalities of that persuasion...:|

Whike I agree with the Express Editorial...I cant help but think that this is a possibility.

We reaching a point where no one would be willing to serve in public offices-and Im not defending anyone- but the politics is so nasty its hard to decipher what is for the good of the country etc vs what is action taken secular interest

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 6th, 2019, 1:36 pm

Redman wrote:

Whike I agree with the Express Editorial...I cant help but think that this is a possibility.

We reaching a point where no one would be willing to serve in public offices-and Im not defending anyone- but the politics is so nasty its hard to decipher what is for the good of the country etc vs what is action taken secular interest
Remember when PNM Darrell Smith poked fun at the MP for Princess town. The express was the first to run with it to embarrass the MP

Dont be fooled by the Express

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 6th, 2019, 1:58 pm

Well I agree with the express that Lucky's silence is an incorrect position.

Given the situation she needs to say something

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » August 6th, 2019, 2:21 pm

Redman wrote:Well I agree with the express that Lucky's silence is an incorrect position.

Given the situation she needs to say something

It seems something was said which the Express should have been aware of, yet they run with an unsubstantiated recording off FB and write an editorial based on that
Attachments
letter1.jpg
letter2.jpg
letter3.jpg
letter4.jpg

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 6th, 2019, 7:13 pm

Judiciary responds... not about the voice note tho...

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 8th, 2019, 6:32 pm

You see what SC money gets you? They attack the source of the information, threaten legal action, all while not responding to the allegations. If you've nothing to hide, you don't need all that shielding. It also seems like when you're from Tobago ( or PNM apologist Redman) and inhale enough goat hair like JUHN Scarfy and Winford James, you claim without evidence that "Homophobia" and "UNC collusion" is at play here. Why homophobia? Which of the named parties is homosexual?

oliverqueen
Ricer

Postby oliverqueen » August 9th, 2019, 2:34 pm

De Dragon wrote:You see what SC money gets you? They attack the source of the information, threaten legal action, all while not responding to the allegations. If you've nothing to hide, you don't need all that shielding. It also seems like when you're from Tobago ( or PNM apologist Redman) and inhale enough goat hair like JUHN Scarfy and Winford James, you claim without evidence that "Homophobia" and "UNC collusion" is at play here. Why homophobia? Which of the named parties is homosexual?

money run the world , money speaks in all things, not gonna end soon. :|

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 7th, 2019, 8:03 am

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 7th, 2019, 10:11 am

Well you know the talk...

"dey want to hound him out! God will protect him"

blah blah blah

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 9th, 2019, 6:36 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Well you know the talk...

"dey want to hound him out! God will protect him"

blah blah blah

He prolly try ah ting on Harris and get blank :| We know nasty and vindictive is in his nature.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 16th, 2019, 9:33 am

Hema Ramkissoon spoke with Attorney-at-Law Israel Khan SC on the Morning Brew. He says the Prime Minister is now a stumbling block in the CJ issue and he believes there is a conspiracy not to make headway.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”