Forums

Passport Renewal

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Passport Renewal

Postby Premchand1976 » January 12th, 2018, 7:06 pm

Any one knows what the procedure is or can link a help ?

I have been calling since yesterday and no one is picking up the call.

I've spent over 3 hours within the last 48 hours on hold ....thank God it's from my landline yes.

This place soooo friggin backward boi .....steups

fouljuice
Shifting into 6th

Re: Passport Renewal

Postby fouljuice » January 12th, 2018, 9:13 pm

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » January 12th, 2018, 11:44 pm

fouljuice should have put the source of your info.

do not have to supply manilla envelope
do not have to supply passport-sized photograph

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 13th, 2018, 12:33 am

wagonrunner wrote:fouljuice should have put the source of your info.

do not have to supply manilla envelope
do not have to supply passport-sized photograph

Don't need a photo? You sure? When I renewed last year, I had to take serious issue with the Chaguanas staff because they're telling me that my ears weren't showing in the picture I provided ( was coasting a big beard at the time), and POS might reject my application :? :?

nightcrawler
Sweet on this forum

Postby nightcrawler » January 13th, 2018, 8:02 am

Go grande. No photo no envelope. However wait to receive new passport is 3 months

civicchic
Riding on 13's

Postby civicchic » January 13th, 2018, 4:37 pm

I went in on Tuesday with all my docs in hand (envelope, pics everything) to the Chaguanas office. Had to drop my son to school first but hurried so I could still make it for 8am. I know they open at 7am but I say 8 shouldnt be too late and I prepared myself to wait hours if need be.
I got there at 8:10am. Security informed me that they took their quota for the day already. He asked if I had an appointment I said no I didnt realize you need one for renewal. He said well no and they have a backlog of appointments (oh really?) And you wouldnt get through on the phone anyway.
So come back another day.
I was turned away at 8:10 in the morning. Imagine that.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » January 13th, 2018, 5:16 pm

My question is " how much effin passport needs renewal / issuing in this place on ah daily basis "??????? I heard from the grapevine , they ordered 22000 passport books ???? We cyah even print we own passports it seems ????? And people bumping dey gum when others say " shithole " ???? Not the people, the mentality ..

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 13th, 2018, 6:43 pm

My parents went to renew theirs this week.Apparently you hadda full out the form and come with your picture if you have no appointment.Once you pass that stage,pay and collect in 3 weeks.This was at the Chaguanas branch.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » January 13th, 2018, 10:55 pm

De Dragon wrote:Don't need a photo? You sure? When I renewed last year, I had to take serious issue with the Chaguanas staff because they're telling me that my ears weren't showing in the picture I provided ( was coasting a big beard at the time), and POS might reject my application :? :?

Was at chagaunas couple weeks ago. and in South 5 years before that.
The clerk took my photo using their desk mounted camera on both occasions.
civicchic wrote:I was turned away at 8:10 in the morning. Imagine that.
you should have checked them back after lunch. while i was at chagaunas for a 1:30p appointment, i saw a couple walk-ins get through almost as fast as me.

civicchic
Riding on 13's

Postby civicchic » January 14th, 2018, 4:17 am

Boy the security by the door told me come another day they took their quota already. Going again would have been wasting time since it would seem to depend on if they would give me a bligh or not and more than likely if it was the same security he would prob have said but ent I tell you come another day?

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » January 14th, 2018, 5:27 am

i went Sando
officer who gave me the form said i need the envelope and pic for renewal . i believe first issue they take your photo there .

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » January 14th, 2018, 10:38 am

civicchic wrote:Boy the security by the door told me come another day they took their quota already. Going again would have been wasting time since it would seem to depend on if they would give me a bligh or not and more than likely if it was the same security he would prob have said but ent I tell you come another day?

You seem disgruntled for you not having an appointment and the people telling you they full for the day.

Trini mentality again.

10-01
punchin NOS

Postby 10-01 » January 14th, 2018, 11:56 am

heard that they have no money to get blank passports hence the delays ....

civicchic
Riding on 13's

Postby civicchic » January 14th, 2018, 2:01 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:
civicchic wrote:Boy the security by the door told me come another day they took their quota already. Going again would have been wasting time since it would seem to depend on if they would give me a bligh or not and more than likely if it was the same security he would prob have said but ent I tell you come another day?

You seem disgruntled for you not having an appointment and the people telling you they full for the day.

Trini mentality again.

You've obviously never renewed a passport. You're uninformed and have misunderstood my dilemma. If you go to the site where you are issued the instructions on passport renewal you are told that you do NOT need an appointment. Renewals are done by walk-ins because you simply drop your documents off and make your payment. I am disgruntled because I live in a country where 'trini mentality' means to do something like renew your passport you need to reach that office at 5:30am but they dont open until 7am and if you get at 8am they have closed and you are to return another day.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 14th, 2018, 2:38 pm

Friends friends friends...please lets keep it together. This is not the aggression we want at the passport offices...lets not get carried away..

But how come everyone else getting through and yall not??

What is it allyuh doin wrong? Cant read simple instructions? Interpreting instructions your own way? Coming 8:30am for a 8:00am appointment and vex and lying and saying u was on time? Trini ignorance at its best?

The majority of the population does get through which is why the cries of the problematic trinis will go unheard.

Get allyuhself inna gear

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » January 14th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Says "An appointment is not required to access the drop-off facility."

That is different from a walk in renewal, but I'm uninformed.

Renewed a few months ago and was smart enough to make an appointment, but what do i know.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » January 14th, 2018, 3:18 pm

You dont need a pic if you have an appt. Those dropping off need pic. Everyone need an envelope.
I went Sando last mth.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » January 14th, 2018, 5:51 pm

If it's taking so long, how long before can I apply for a new passport?

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » January 14th, 2018, 9:08 pm

I applied 8mths before. They told me 10-12wks to get passport but tht they had a book shortage so I feel it might be longer.
In NY applying they said 4-5 mths to get passport.

sekhar_777
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sekhar_777 » May 29th, 2019, 11:47 am

Anyone know how you can confirm/call to know if one's passport is ready? It's been 6 weeks for me.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”