TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Broward School shooter was "disturbed", are gun laws in the US too relaxed?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Broward School shooter was "disturbed", are gun laws in the US too relaxed?

Postby pugboy » February 16th, 2018, 9:05 pm

At least one American can see outside of their box and willing to admit that maybe they aren't as great as they think they are

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 16th, 2018, 9:08 pm

88sins wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Typical libtards, always blaming the gun for killing someone or blaming the knife for killing someone. Always angry at the US constitution but refuse to go live elsewhere. Always a libtard to dodge the FACTS about gun violence in countries where has some of the strictest gun control yet the highest rate of gun violence. I expect no different from the libtards n tuner, all over the world they have the same thing in common.

The tuner libtards are the same cacaholes who support the idea of allowing a man to rape your wife and sit and watch until the police arrives. Just like the case in Netherlands years ago where the burglar break into a woman house, tried to rape her, she knock him out and then she had to pay for his medical bills.

you expect better?
Sane, logical & rational thought meant to develop solutions that would address serious issues ceased to exist on this big blue marble a loooong time ago bruh.
the order of the day for the last 18 years is smoke & mirrors

Boy these people dotish for spite, no wonder these days people just call them libtards and move on. You cannot educate these dip sh!ts in commonsense.

I am convinced that liberalism is some sort of mental disorder

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » February 16th, 2018, 10:44 pm

Persons profiting from guns: "you need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun"
It's in their interest to have two gun sales than zero.
Redman wrote:School shootings are an immediate threat.
What you are suggesting is at minimum years away from any impact.
I don't think it will have an impact....

Any impact?

1) Could also be in houses but yet.
Kids started eating tide pods.
Stores started locking them up, making them harder to obtain, even though overall people use laundry detergent responsibly.

2) Aussies had guns in their homes, but yet.
A gunman killed 35 people in Australia in 1996.
Less than 2 weeks later Australia enacted sweeping gun-control measures.
Hasn't been a mass shooting in Australia since.

3) The majority of us have shoes?
One person attempts to blow up A plane with a shoe bomb.
Since then ALL air travellers have to take off their shoes for scanning.

What's changed since the last mass shooting?
And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? (you should get the idea by now).

NOTHING, because impact is "impossible"

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » February 17th, 2018, 12:13 am

88sins wrote:Now, for my personal perspective.
Does anyone need an AR15? Does anyone need a semiautomatic pistol or rifle? The only honest answer is maybe, because it hinges on what weaponry an assailant attacks them with & the situation at the time of the attack. Don't agree? That's your problem. If an assailant comes at either of you with a loaded revolver good luck surviving the episode with your hopes & dreams & ideals, & maybe if you're lucky you might be carrying a slingshot at the point in time. If that ever happens, change your name to David & pray you shoot faster & more accurately than an aggressor with a pistol.

LOL!!!

I need to start referring to you as 89sins instead yes, because it's a sin to be that idiotic. Also, you're conflating two completely different sets of circumstances, because you refuse to hold more than one thought in that head of yours, simultaneously. But more about that later. So that's your "perspective" genius? Allow civilians to access deadlier weapons so they might be able to shoot more bullets faster at assailants? Wouldn't a little training help mitigate the whole situation becoming an arms race among the general population? But wait, won't the assailants have access to those VERY SAME weapons as well?

88sins wrote:Excessive regulation does not deter those intent on breaking the law, regardless of the method, means or reasons for which they intend to do so, because no matter what flea-brained ideals you are guided by, you can NEVER know what someone else is thinking about doing unless they say or show it.

https://www.vox.com/2015/8/27/9212725/australia-buyback

Yeah, regulations don't work, right?

88sins wrote:In T&T a legal firearm is one of the most difficult things to acquire, even requiring persons to qualify, show evidence of need, & renewal when the FUL expires. Yet literally thousands of firearm related homicides have occurred in the last decade alone in T&T . Did the substantially difficult restrictions here eliminate or reduce unjustifiable homicides? The blunt answer is no & that's primarily because in the absence of an easy way to kill, those intent on destruction & chaos will adapt to other means that are still readily accessible to them & just as easy to use, such as knives, poisons, IED's, sabotage, etc. Deny this simple fact all you want, it only show that you are either delusional, illogical, or both, or worst of all, just plain old dumb as a bag ah rat turds.

Now If you READ my post, you'd notice I was speaking specifically about the threads topic "Are Gun Laws In The US Too Relaxed" However, you don't seem to be capable of such, OR understand that the circumstances around guns and crime here are very different from those in the US. They manufacture firearms, so obviously their regulations would be heftier than we need here. For instance with the manufacturing of accessories like "bump stocks" for example (I'm not paid by Google, go look it up yourself) it would mean they need more extensive regulations to keep everything in check. On the other hand OUR gun and crime situation is very much tied to our proximity to the drug shipment routes, which the guns are a by-product of. I suggest tackling THAT should be the priority of the government, NOT inundating us with guns for everyone. Unfortunately there's no political will to do so, OR both our political parties are culpable in the movement of those drugs themselves?

Should our government make accessing guns easier to the public? Yes

Should they make guns accessible to every citizen with a "clean" record or some other minimal requirement? No

Do we really want every disgruntled father, horned husband, bad-driven driver, wronged employee and every person with some personal grievance to have access to weapons in this society? Where will that lead? What do you honestly think the situation will look like then, 90sins? Not to mention the numerous irresponsible parents/caretakers and people in general that will not properly secure their firearms to keep them away from children? Have you met the masses? lets just say it doesn't look good.

88sins wrote:The blunt answer is no & that's primarily because in the absence of an easy way to kill, those intent on destruction & chaos will adapt to other means that are still readily accessible to them & just as easy to use, such as knives, poisons, IED's, sabotage, etc

As for that drivel.... almost speechless.

Are you arguing for or against making guns more accessible here? I can't tell? Are you saying criminals will resort to knives, IED's and "sabotage?" Are they really "just as easy to use" 91sins? No wonder you had to reach out to TriniTuners own regressive cretin "Special ED" for moral support, there 91sins. Great minds do indeed think alike.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 17th, 2018, 12:42 am

wagonrunner wrote:Persons profiting from guns: "you need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun"
It's in their interest to have two gun sales than zero.
Redman wrote:School shootings are an immediate threat.
What you are suggesting is at minimum years away from any impact.
I don't think it will have an impact....

Any impact?

1) Could also be in houses but yet.
Kids started eating tide pods.
Stores started locking them up, making them harder to obtain, even though overall people use laundry detergent responsibly.

2) Aussies had guns in their homes, but yet.
A gunman killed 35 people in Australia in 1996.
Less than 2 weeks later Australia enacted sweeping gun-control measures.
Hasn't been a mass shooting in Australia since.

3) The majority of us have shoes?
One person attempts to blow up A plane with a shoe bomb.
Since then ALL air travellers have to take off their shoes for scanning.

What's changed since the last mass shooting?
And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? And the one before that? (you should get the idea by now).

NOTHING, because impact is "impossible"

Again...we need to deal with USA in 2018.
Not Australia with an entirely different culture,constitution and size.
No ban can be practically enforced in the US.

But go ahead....
What happens between now and when this ban of yours gets through the courts and the 2nd amendment defenses?

Again, your ban will work....just like the ban on drugs.

Isn't cocaine criminalized?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 17th, 2018, 2:57 am

The problem is the human mind..

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 17th, 2018, 7:58 am

There's no problem. America loves this. This happens over and over and over and they never do anything to fix it. These kind of events gives everyone their share of emotions, from the news outlets to the politicians to the gun manufacturers. This will never end. They love it up there in that land of the free and brave. There will be heated arguments, fear, hatred, sorrow, comforting, crying, asking God why, etc. Every Single Time.

They thrive on that kind of sheit in America. That's why they never do anything about it. Whenever it happens you just have to shake your head and understand it's exactly the American dream. And it will happen again. And the same reactions, same tears, same do nothing.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » February 17th, 2018, 8:12 am

Imagine yous part of team migrate T&T cuz yuh can't take the crime and you get randomly gun down or blow up in murica nah

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 17th, 2018, 10:25 am

shogun wrote:
88sins wrote:The blunt answer is no & that's primarily because in the absence of an easy way to kill, those intent on destruction & chaos will adapt to other means that are still readily accessible to them & just as easy to use, such as knives, poisons, IED's, sabotage, etc

Are you arguing for or against making guns more accessible here? I can't tell? Are you saying criminals will resort to knives, IED's and "sabotage?" Are they really "just as easy to use" 91sins? No wonder you had to reach out to TriniTuners own regressive cretin "Special ED" for moral support, there 91sins. Great minds do indeed think alike.

First off, you little dildo debutante,
I need no one to confirm, support or endorse me or my opinions. You may think I do, but that's probably because you are a dotish little piss-ant that has dependency issues, you need validation from others & as a direct result of your limited thinking believe everyone else is like you in this regard. To enlighten you a bit, not everyone is like you. If I agree with or understand someone else's perspective, or they mine, all that equates to is people showing they can understand each others viewpoints.

Secondarily
Have you ever on any forum observed me mention anything that clearly shows that I endorse the proliferation of AR15's or any sort of militarized or tactical weaponry among the general public in T&T or anywhere else? & now , only after you make a total & thorough idiot of yourself, you decide to inquire from me about my stance on firearm policy in T&T? You think you bright, go figure it out if you can, I am not in the habit of trying to educate idiots.

Thirdly (now pay attention eh shitgun)
I have a strong suspicion that every time you have a bowel movement a substantial volume of your brains departs from your body, never to return. My advice to you would be the following:
invest everything you've got in peptobismol, lomotil, & the biggest butt plugs you can find before you get to the point you have so little gray matter remaining within your cranial cavity that you can't tell which way is up.

Have a happy Saturday

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 17th, 2018, 10:48 am

maj. tom wrote:There's no problem. America loves this. This happens over and over and over and they never do anything to fix it. These kind of events gives everyone their share of emotions, from the news outlets to the politicians to the gun manufacturers. This will never end. They love it up there in that land of the free and brave. There will be heated arguments, fear, hatred, sorrow, comforting, crying, asking God why, etc. Every Single Time.

They thrive on that kind of sheit in America. That's why they never do anything about it. Whenever it happens you just have to shake your head and understand it's exactly the American dream. And it will happen again. And the same reactions, same tears, same do nothing.

Cowboy culture?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Broward School shooter was

Postby 88sins » February 17th, 2018, 11:19 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
maj. tom wrote:There's no problem. America loves this. This happens over and over and over and they never do anything to fix it. These kind of events gives everyone their share of emotions, from the news outlets to the politicians to the gun manufacturers. This will never end. They love it up there in that land of the free and brave. There will be heated arguments, fear, hatred, sorrow, comforting, crying, asking God why, etc. Every Single Time.

Cowboy culture?

I expect to some extent yes.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 17th, 2018, 11:37 am

88sins wrote:
shogun wrote:

First off, you little dildo debutante,
I need no one to confirm, support or endorse me or my opinions. You may think I do, but that's probably because you are a dotish little piss-ant that has dependency issues, you need validation from others & as a direct result of your limited thinking believe everyone else is like you in this regard. To enlighten you a bit, not everyone is like you. If I agree with or understand someone else's perspective, or they mine, all that equates to is people showing they can understand each others viewpoints.

Secondarily
Have you ever on any forum observed me mention anything that clearly shows that I endorse the proliferation of AR15's or any sort of militarized or tactical weaponry among the general public in T&T or anywhere else? & now , only after you make a total & thorough idiot of yourself, you decide to inquire from me about my stance on firearm policy in T&T? You think you bright, go figure it out if you can, I am not in the habit of trying to educate idiots.

Thirdly (now pay attention eh shitgun)
I have a strong suspicion that every time you have a bowel movement a substantial volume of your brains departs from your body, never to return. My advice to you would be the following:
invest everything you've got in peptobismol, lomotil, & the biggest butt plugs you can find before you get to the point you have so little gray matter remaining within your cranial cavity that you can't tell which way is up.

Have a happy Saturday
Wtf

Jah!

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » February 17th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Redman wrote:Again...we need to deal with USA in 2018.
Not Australia with an entirely different culture,constitution and size.
No ban can be practically enforced in the US.

But go ahead....
What happens between now and when this ban of yours gets through the courts and the 2nd amendment defenses?

Again, your ban will work....just like the ban on drugs.

Isn't cocaine criminalized?

Gun control DOESN'T work.
EXCEPT in Australia, Canada, Denmark, England, Germany, Iceland, Italy, , Japan, Spain, Sweden......

There are still accidents, but WITHOUT the below
would there be less or more accidents?
would there be more or less costs associated with each accident?

Last edited by wagonrunner on February 17th, 2018, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 17th, 2018, 12:58 pm

None of those places have gun ownership as part of their constitutional rights.

You ignore the fact that there will be real long term resistance to any thing that is infringing on that.
So tell me what are you suggesting for the interim decades that it will actually take to begin implementing your ban?

https://psmag.com/news/australia-ambassador-gun-laws

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » February 17th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Redman wrote:None of those places have gun ownership as part of their constitutional rights.

yes. i do ignore "that's the way we've always done it" as the reason for doing the wrong thing

pity the right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness apparently isn't.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 17th, 2018, 3:31 pm

Lets honor them by being deliberate and pragmatic in solutions we focus on.

like,Implementation of a timely relevant and workable system of dealing with the ACTUAL problem.

What's your timeline for a ban to be operational...include what you think the legal challenges would be..?

If the problem is school shootings....deal with that....you haven't....
Because the truth is that you need to defend the schools....not try to disarm a country.
It's that simple.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 17th, 2018, 4:08 pm

I suppose putting walls around the schools and metal detectors at entrance points could work for reducing access to the kids in school.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 17th, 2018, 5:06 pm

Hmmmm some ah allyuh bullaz here beatin up only cuz allyuh cant buy a legal firearm like the average Todd in America...smh...

get over it and continue praying for the fallen ones.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 17th, 2018, 5:30 pm

Social issues need to address as well...

Or u think a vehicle can't be used as a weapon?

Or can't fertilizer be weaponized with nails and glass as a ied.

Or putting virus or bacteria in infections and injecting soft drink bottles at a grocery... Juice cause the carbonated ones will leak through.

Or dumping gasoline and dieseline in a crowded area and lighting for it up.

Or simply running with cutlets and lanate.

Or van all those things.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 17th, 2018, 5:36 pm

A terrorist takes a truck and rams it into a crowd of people killing nearly 100 people.

Solution? Ban all Trucks

Liberal Logic 101

Or should we say Shogun logic 101? but then I won't stoop to his level, the libtards always resort to personal insults when they can't deal with facts.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 17th, 2018, 6:04 pm

^ there’s been 18 mess shootings in the US in 2018. How many mass killings by truck?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 17th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Check out the incidents they say are mass shootings... Only about three have resulted in deaths And were intended as mass shootings.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 17th, 2018, 6:36 pm

Trinidad has more prohibitive gun ownership laws than most of the world, yet em we have a homicide rate about 5 times higher than America.

If people want to kill people they would care if the means is legally allowed or not

the way to prevent mass killings are social programs.
The easiest way to stop a person with a gun, is another person with a gun.

How has gun laws worked to prevent killings in trinidad?

It just made the citizens sitting ducks.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 17th, 2018, 6:40 pm

yuh see this, but add psyche eval as an ADDITIONAL criteria... not just sell guns like fish during lent. but responsible gun ownership.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 17th, 2018, 7:39 pm

pete wrote:I suppose putting walls around the schools and metal detectors at entrance points could work for reducing access to the kids in school.

Simple..in the US I would use the volunteers where I can..

2018 realities need 2018 solutions.

Locally we should be adapting as well.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 17th, 2018, 9:48 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ there’s been 18 mess shootings in the US in 2018. How many mass killings by truck?

Precisely, & this last in Fl. one points directly to the heart of the issue.
People knew the young man was disturbed, & I suspect they knew he had access to weapons, but there are no reports made to to any relevant authority. He was barred from entering the school with a backpack but somehow still gained entry while in possession of one.
Several people on the team dropped the ball, from the politicians to the NRA to the gun store owner to the school administration & their security personnel. Every one of them had a step they could take to prevent that young man from ending the lives of so many, particularly the school admin, security & the politicians. But nobody want's to admit & say "ok, I/we screwed up, I/we could have prevented this if I'd/we'd have done my/our job"

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 17th, 2018, 10:21 pm

just the other night i traveled with a security guy, man started to vent. that day he was charged (meaning his firm deducted a days pay from his salary) for leaving his post and going to the toilet. he was supposed to wait till the other officer reaches, but he said was an old man and was making his rounds on the far side of the compound.
the guy said that he had his children to support, and the salary was meager. so between living expenses and the support, the day salary was a big hit. he related a few more problems, that seemed normal, but the pressure was mounting. he actually carried water melon for lunch.

he also said that it was 8 years he stopped doing crime, and dont want to get back into it. he trying the legit way.

the system, the society is against the people on the lowest rungs. with little option and little profit, every cent is vital. the blows, although little, are proportionally big. when an engine blows for one of u, its a month's salary, for them that is an unrecoverable loss, might as well sell the car and travel.

hearing the frustration in the voice, i constantly have to be talking to people and calming them down... their is little social help for the average citizen, and the network of people they are around are usually what prevents them from reaching breaking point...

when a person doesnt have a constructive net, they would take a drastic measure to ensure the rest of society either feels what they feel or get penalized for the mistreatment they get.

it had a time when gramoxone and rope was the method of choice for killing in tnt. why? because it was readily available.
now, as guns are easy to get, that has taken over. if u get rid of the illegal guns, but dont implement some social safety nets, then they would go back to gramoxone, rope, and cutlass.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » February 17th, 2018, 10:34 pm

88sins wrote:First off, you little dildo debutante,

Secondarily

Thirdly (now pay attention ehshitgun)

Have a happy Saturday

What the actual fcuk?? Ahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, there's no full-on 4th Standard panty soaking meltdowns in gun debates? You can't be mad at ME because YOU posted garbage in your reply that you find hard to explain? Don't throw out "dumb as a bag ah rat" and lame ad-hominem kinda talk if you can't handle it being reciprocated (even in lesser amounts)??? You's a fcuking CHILD, dude. Straight up. Let me go debate sMASH or Redman, eh. At very least I won't have to worry about feeling EMBARRASSED for them having to mop up a debilitating estrogen bath in the middle of a fcuking debate.

Aight e-badiss.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 17th, 2018, 11:25 pm

That's ok shitgun, let it all out.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 17th, 2018, 11:29 pm

Guys i think we should try to remain calm..

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”