Forums

Insurance and Car Transfer

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

morethanmore
Riding on 13's

Insurance and Car Transfer

Postby morethanmore » February 18th, 2018, 9:59 pm

Hey guys. I'm struggling to find the original owner of a car I bought (for small money). Would I get any problems applying for insurance?
Is there anyway I could get the said vehicle transferred as the previous owner (in certified copy) was transferred in 2006.
This is my first vehicle and I'm doing everything myself so I'm a bit clueless in this stuff so i need help lol. Im also under 25.

janfar
punchin NOS

Re: Insurance and Car Transfer

Postby janfar » February 18th, 2018, 10:06 pm

You won't get much problems at a shelter insurance place but forget about being able to transfer without the current owner present. Unless u know a licensing officer of course.

morethanmore
Riding on 13's

Postby morethanmore » February 18th, 2018, 10:20 pm

janfar wrote:You won't get much problems at a shelter insurance place but forget about being able to transfer without the current owner present. Unless u know a licensing officer of course.
Thank you. What's the insurance price for a new owner (average)

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » February 18th, 2018, 10:31 pm

That's a vague question. Depends of the value of the vehicle, size of engine, age of driver and relevant experience.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » February 19th, 2018, 8:04 am

Under 25 and if you are male they going to hit you wood . Who did you buy the car from though ? That seems kind of shady if you never met the original owner .if they want they can repossess that car easy easy

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » February 19th, 2018, 8:56 am

you will need to have a receipt of sale from the owner on the certified copy as well as a copy of their id. there in lies your problem.

never buy a car that is not under the current sellers name as you will bring yourself a mountain of headache when it comes to finding said person. now the person can be charged for not transferring the car within the set time frame also so find them and work something out.

in terms of insurance prices, a person under 24 usually gets shafted but i managed to get my corolla insured for about 1500 after discounts with colfire but this will vary between insurance companies depending on what discounts they offer.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » February 19th, 2018, 9:09 am

morethanmore wrote:Hey guys. I'm struggling to find the original owner of a car I bought (for small money). Would I get any problems applying for insurance?
Is there anyway I could get the said vehicle transferred as the previous owner (in certified copy) was transferred in 2006.
This is my first vehicle and I'm doing everything myself so I'm a bit clueless in this stuff so i need help lol. Im also under 25.
1st thing
Get a certifed copy and try to track down the registered owner. Either get a contact from the person you bought the car from or see if you can find them on facebook or even go to the address on the certified copy and approach them nicely/professionally.

2nd thing
Get them to sign you 2 receipts for the purchase of the car ( 1 for insurance and 1 for lisc. Office. Since you need the insurance in your name before going to lisc office.
Get a copy of their ID and DP
And ask them to come to lisc office to transfer the car to you as a mutually agreed time and lisc office.
Sometimes they may hit u a shot bout how they get robbed on the sale of the car and may ask for money so bear that in mind.

3rd thing.
If they decide to make it a problem,
You can get them to sign a transfer form and a receipt and copies of their ID. You will have to get it transferred on the "outside".
PM me if you need to explore that option.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 19th, 2018, 9:11 am

The original owner will be in an awful rush to transfer if some of the new automailed ticket/fines are mailed their way.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » February 19th, 2018, 9:35 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:The original owner will be in an awful rush to transfer if some of the new automailed ticket/fines are mailed their way.
Yes

OPie can use this to his advantage

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”