PNM killing sport

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

PNM killing sport

Postby zoom rader » February 19th, 2018, 5:43 am

Here we go again PNM dissing our international sportsmen

An email conversation between Richard “Torpedo” Thompson and Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs Sport Development Associate Shabir Mohammed about Elite Athlete Assistance has left the triple Olympic medallist incensed.

Thompson sat out the entire 2017 season, and is currently recovering from hip surgery performed last month.

In a January 26 email, Mohammed noted that both the National Association of Athletics Administrations (NAAA) and the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) recommended that the much-decorated T&T sprinter receive elite funding. On February 6, Mohammed sent another email to Thompson. The lengthy message included this rhetorical question: “Can an injured athlete who has no world ranking be elite?”

On Saturday, the “Torpedo” retorted:

“Firstly, let me make it clear that prior to these chain of emails, I've never spoken to you, seen you, or was aware of your existence. So for you to address me in the manner of your last email was nothing short of disrespectful; in fact, it was the most disrespectful email I have ever read. What gives you the authority to address me or any athlete in the tone that you just did, is beyond me. If your response is reflective of the Ministry's attitude to someone that is a three-time Olympic medalist and National awardee, I shudder to think of how my upcoming and lesser accoladed athletes are treated. My correspondence with you has been respectful and professional, and I am appalled to receive such condescension from a ministry official with whom I've never interacted. 

“Your approach seems to be strictly combative and one of no compromise. 'If you're dissatisfied with what I've said I'll assign your case to another officer'? Is it that you do not possess the competence to handle matters that present a bit of sorting through, or is it that you're simply arrogant? Your way or the highway is all I got from your last message. If the director and the minister has sanctioned your email, it leaves a lot to be desired about the manner in which they too, treat people. 

“To utter the words that 'you are the one that needs funding and not the Minister' speaks volumes about the mentality and abuse of power that the Ministry seems to believe they hold over the athletes. Let me remind you that WE are the reason you work in that office, so don't for a second think that you are more high and mighty than those of us that work tirelessly for the Red, White and Black. 

“The fact that you assume the position to handle matters of national athletes, yet remain completely clueless about basic requirements, places a magnifying glass on why there are complications along the communication channel. Here we are in 2018, with me submitting forms and receipts from 2017, and you are asking me about 2015. Sir, we have cleared that hurdle, that period has passed. I did not receive funding in 2016 because I did not submit those receipts. Case closed. However, I HAVE submitted receipts of US$50,000 of MY money spent in 2017, with all forms, coach's report and medical reports to go along with it. What is the issue now? Mind you, the Minister's advisor Garvin Warwick was the one that instructed me to submit the 2017 elite funding application, when I saw him in September in Fatima, because he claimed that they would soon be ready to be disbursed to us. I was sure that I had been blacklisted for previously exercising my right to speak on matters that I saw as an injustice to athletes, and as such was prepared to not submit forms. After seeing Mr. Warwick, I felt assured that there would be no issue. Another broken promise of his. 

“For you to suggest that I am 'not elite' because of an injury sustained representing T&T is not only unreasonable, it shows your lack of knowledge for professional athletics. It is my responsibility to submit my information to the NAAA and the TTOC before it makes its way to your desk. THEY are the ones that determine/advise whether elite or medical assistance is requested for the athlete from the Ministry based on what I've provided. I applaud them for acknowledging that injury is part of sport, unfortunately, it seems that you or the Ministry do not possess the common sense to comprehend that uncomplicated fact.

“I have just undergone hip surgery, which I paid for. Last year I called and messaged both the minister and Mr. Warwick about a pressing issue that needed to be addressed, to which I got no response. My sister had to personally make a surprise visit to the office to get a hold of them. Of course, the minister was too busy to speak to her. Mr. Warwick was presented with medical documents that showed a US$40,000 operation was necessary, and any assistance at all would be greatly appreciated, seeing that there was no clue as to when I would actually receive elite funding. He assured her that he would work on it and get back to her in a timely manner. Another broken promise. It is only after I've had my surgery, that he forwards us to you, someone who, from the content of your emails, doesn't seem to understand the basic rudiments of professional athletics. 

“I am not unreasonable. I am well aware of the financial constraints of the country in current times. If the Ministry does not classify me as a priority and cannot assist because of this reason, or simply prefers to invest in another young and upcoming athlete, that's understandable; but be honest and say that to me. Don't continuously give me the run around as though you want to help when you have no intention of doing so. 

“It appears that as long as Darryl Smith is the Minister of Sport, athletes will continue to be treated with disdain. I have no intention of being beholden to the Ministry or its minions. I have represented T&T honorably for over a decade and will find a way to continue to do so, despite these attempts by people who, in fact, have ill intentions for my career. I grieve knowing that many of my fellow athletes solely depend on you for their success, and have to be treated as though they are at your feet with a begging bowl. I grieve when I open the Newspaper and read that members of the Golden World Championship 4x400m team, can't pay their credit card debts from money spent on preparation that won T&T a Gold medal in London 2017. It seems as though elite or not, paperwork or not, receipts or not, the end result is the same...a contemptuous disregard for the needs of our athletes by Ministry officials. Yet results are expected, and should they be miraculously achieved, guess who are front and center for the resume padding photo ops.

“I pray for my fellow athletes, because as long as they continue to live a 'cap in hand' existence,” Thompson ended, “there is little hope for them to achieve their true global potential.”

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20180218 ... o-incensed

coltspeed
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: PNM killing sport

Postby coltspeed » February 19th, 2018, 6:01 am

Or I taught killing was becoming our national sport.

jahs0ldi3r
Trinituner Peong

Postby jahs0ldi3r » February 19th, 2018, 6:34 am

PNM killing everything...for the 1% to step in and take control after we become too desperate and beg for help.

This coming from someone who regrets voting for their red ar$e

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » February 19th, 2018, 6:52 am

zoom rader wrote:An email conversation between Richard “Torpedo” Thompson and Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs Sport Development Associate Shabir Mohammed about Elite Athlete Assistance has left the triple Olympic medallist incensed...

“It appears that as long as Darryl Smith is the Minister of Sport, athletes will continue to be treated with disdain. I have no intention of being beholden to the Ministry or its minions. I have represented T&T honorably for over a decade and will find a way to continue to do so, despite these attempts by people who, in fact, have ill intentions for my career. I grieve knowing that many of my fellow athletes solely depend on you for their success, and have to be treated as though they are at your feet with a begging bowl...

Richard and his fellow athletes should offer up their bamsies for the Minister tuh squeeze, after which they would probably get all the funding they need. Wouldn't be surprised if a li'l golfing trip to the Magdalena Grand is thrown into the mix as well...at taxpayers expense of course...:|

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 19th, 2018, 7:15 am

A national disgrace, these pnm ppl are so nasty. This Darryl Smith is another stooge

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » February 19th, 2018, 7:30 am

While the Government was the opposition, they spent that time opposing the government and feuding among themselves. They stumbled into leadership with no identifiable plan, yet people continue to be surprised they consistently pulling the country backwards.
What we surprised at in this particular case?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 19th, 2018, 7:38 am

Les Bain wrote:While the Government was the opposition, they spent that time opposing the government and feuding among themselves. They stumbled into leadership with no identifiable plan, yet people continue to be surprised they consistently pulling the country backwards.
I did warned folk that a vote for PNM is one step forward and two steps backward

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » February 19th, 2018, 7:42 am

zoom rader wrote:
Les Bain wrote:While the Government was the opposition, they spent that time opposing the government and feuding among themselves. They stumbled into leadership with no identifiable plan, yet people continue to be surprised they consistently pulling the country backwards.
I did warned folk that a vote for PNM is one step forward and two steps backward

Not saying I disagree but it’s hard to even see where the step forward was there ZR?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 19th, 2018, 7:44 am

Daran wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Not saying I disagree but it’s hard to even see where the step forward was there ZR?
One step forward is to fool their voters what they can offer and two steps back is to say it's kamala fault why they failed.

BUSHMASTER
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUSHMASTER » February 19th, 2018, 7:59 am

coltspeed wrote:Or I taught killing was becoming our national sport.

Seeker
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Seeker » February 19th, 2018, 9:07 am

This

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » February 19th, 2018, 1:15 pm

coltspeed wrote:Or I taught killing was becoming our national sport.

Same here.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » February 19th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Given our political history, I think the other parties stumble into leadership.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » February 19th, 2018, 7:15 pm

Disappointed.

thought this is where they used to capture unsuspected kooolies and drop them off in a field and kill them

steverandolph
3NE 2NR for life

Postby steverandolph » February 19th, 2018, 9:56 pm

zoom rader wrote:A national disgrace, these pnm ppl are so nasty. This Darryl Smith is another stooge

All he has to do is start a Life Sport, write off a government Prado SUV while driving drunk, smoke weed with prostitutes, and pay someone 34 million for doing nothing....WHAT.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 20th, 2018, 3:06 am

steverandolph wrote:
zoom rader wrote:A national disgrace, these pnm ppl are so nasty. This Darryl Smith is another stooge

All he has to do is start a Life Sport, write off a government Prado SUV while driving drunk, smoke weed with prostitutes, and pay someone 34 million for doing nothing....WHAT.
Hush your stink dutty mudda kant.

This is a an Olympic medallist we talking about.

You dumb PNM kant. You kunts cant run even a parlour

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » February 20th, 2018, 5:11 am

99% of trinis too dohtish to realize we are being taken for kants. Nothing much to it really.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 20th, 2018, 6:30 am

Most of the PNM people I know of in work are so disgusted with the PNM that they have threatened to NOT vote in 2020 election. hmmm

I asked what about voting for UNC, they hit me the usual cacahole antics about "I done with politics and politicians" this is a typical PNM strategy by PNM people when they realized they voted for retards.

At this point it might be best we put back an alcoholic to run the country

With that said though, killing sports isn't necessarily a bad thing, sports is kinda useless but at the same time it's not like the PNM is replacing sports with scientific research or something.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » February 20th, 2018, 6:51 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Most of the PNM people I know of in work are so disgusted with the PNM that they have threatened to NOT vote in 2020 election. hmmm

I asked what about voting for UNC, they hit me the usual cacahole antics about "I done with politics and politicians" this is a typical PNM strategy by PNM people when they realized they voted for retards.

At this point it might be best we put back an alcoholic to run the country.

Anyone else coming in would have to clean up the mess Sh!tkicker and his band of miscreants have made. Rest assured the dormant "Red and Ready" support will suddenly find their voice and blame the new administration for all their problems.

So leave them there yes. Things done boiling already...let them deal with it.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » February 20th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Not voting will not work, We need to PErmenantly RID Trinidad of BOTH the current party and the opposition, they are both the downfall of this country. Same sh!t they do, they just portray to be in support of different races.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Most of the PNM people I know of in work are so disgusted with the PNM that they have threatened to NOT vote in 2020 election. hmmm

At this point it might be best we put back an alcoholic to run the country

With that said though, killing sports isn't necessarily a bad thing, sports is kinda useless but at the same time it's not like the PNM is replacing sports with scientific research or something.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 20th, 2018, 10:41 pm

steverandolph wrote:

Well chupidee, he has already got a start with a $96,000 squeeze bamsee bullfest in Tobago, illicit funds in a "foundation", and generally being a kant. I suspect because he couldn't run three feet without wheezing and dying, he decides to fack 'way dedicated, decorated Olympians through incompetent low level flunkies in the MoS.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”