TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

New Trinidad Traffic Fines + Demerit + Fixed Penalty System

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: New Trinidad Traffic Fines + Demerit System (June 2017)

Postby Morpheus » November 19th, 2017, 5:32 pm

People. Obey all traffic laws as much as possible. Basic laws. No money for them and everybody safe. That is all.....

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » November 19th, 2017, 7:47 pm

Where is the provision to have demerit points REMOVED from your license via defensive driving courses etc? The points thing is not "one-way" in every other country that has it

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » November 19th, 2017, 9:01 pm

When as in what's the actual date tha these systems would be implemented.. ticket in mail system?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Demerit points on your driver’s license

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 9th, 2018, 7:51 am

Ministry introduces demerit points on your driver’s license

516a7f7d-a433-4aad-b19b-a4b21f216b51.jpg

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Demerit points on your driver’s license

Postby gastly369 » March 9th, 2018, 8:15 am

Good

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 9th, 2018, 8:17 am

nice

them taxi drivers does boast how they dont take on tickets and have dozens of tickets for reckless driving and they dont take it on

take away they mc license

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 9th, 2018, 8:32 am

So...like how "yuh does hear" men could pay a li'l something and buy their license ah wonder if they go be able tuh pay a li'l something and get their records expunged?...:|

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » March 9th, 2018, 8:34 am

About time

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 9th, 2018, 8:52 am

So how will persons know if they have or how many demerit points they have on their license, particularly when they start using those traffic cameras to catch RTA offenses?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 9th, 2018, 9:06 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:nice

them taxi drivers does boast how they dont take on tickets and have dozens of tickets for reckless driving and they dont take it on

take away they mc license

If driving is their livelihood and they already don't pay traffic tickets what would make them stop driving in the absence of a valid license?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 9th, 2018, 9:14 am

driving without license or suspended license is lockup and impound car

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 9th, 2018, 9:23 am

They probably need to publish a good FAQ. Why do we swim in ambiguity for everything?

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » March 9th, 2018, 10:52 am

Its good, but are you going to lose points for blown lights ,minor crack on the windshield, stuff like this.......its good for recklessness, dui, endangerment etc

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » March 9th, 2018, 10:56 am

streetbeastINC. wrote:Its good, but are you going to lose points for blown lights ,minor crack on the windshield, stuff like this.......its good for recklessness, dui, endangerment etc

Probably not. But I wouldn’t mind if this was the case because most times little infractions are hints of general slackness. People who don’t maintain vehicles tend to drive the worst. It’s also all fun and games til someone stands up on their brakes with no working brake lights. So some middle ground would be good.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 9th, 2018, 11:14 am

so what are the various violations along with the penalty points to be issued?

shady23
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby shady23 » March 9th, 2018, 11:32 am

So the law or whatever amendment was needed, was passed?

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » March 9th, 2018, 12:09 pm

iirc, the amended MVRTA schedule which lists the various fines also had the corresponding demerit points.

The new drivers permit verification system had a tab which showed demerit points. So i am guessing when a fixed penalty notice is issued to you they update the system with your DP no, fine and demerit points for each ticket

VexXx Dogg wrote:They probably need to publish a good FAQ. Why do we swim in ambiguity for everything?

Hopefully they do that soon.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » March 9th, 2018, 12:30 pm

j.o.e wrote:
streetbeastINC. wrote:Its good, but are you going to lose points for blown lights ,minor crack on the windshield, stuff like this.......its good for recklessness, dui, endangerment etc

Probably not. But I wouldn’t mind if this was the case because most times little infractions are hints of general slackness. People who don’t maintain vehicles tend to drive the worst. It’s also all fun and games til someone stands up on their brakes with no working brake lights. So some middle ground would be good.

63073693-CF6B-4B7E-B18C-CD2D2A6A7A5D.jpeg

Yup probably not

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » March 10th, 2018, 8:04 am

Lame. We still don't have a reliable public transport network in Trinidad and Tobago that serves our needs. We still have usage roads we still have no parking in the capital city. Why doesn't the government look into that?

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 10th, 2018, 8:15 am

Krystal Car Part Imports wrote:Lame. We still don't have a reliable public transport network in Trinidad and Tobago that serves our needs. We still have usage roads we still have no parking in the capital city. Why doesn't the government look into that?

Nicholas is opening his new multistory car park on chacon street soon whilst Furness's multistory car park is being constructed. There will soon be 1700 more car park spots in POS apart from what exists at Parkade. It won't be free but it will be available.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 10th, 2018, 8:41 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
Krystal Car Part Imports wrote:Lame. We still don't have a reliable public transport network in Trinidad and Tobago that serves our needs. We still have usage roads we still have no parking in the capital city. Why doesn't the government look into that?

Nicholas is opening his new multistory car park on chacon street soon whilst Furness's multistory car park is being constructed. There will soon be 1700 more car park spots in POS apart from what exists at Parkade. It won't be free but it will be available.
Pay for parking......oh the atrocity

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » March 10th, 2018, 11:54 am

88sins wrote:So how will persons know if they have or how many demerit points they have on their license, particularly when they start using those traffic cameras to catch RTA offenses?

one of the cons of https://apps.mowt.gov.tt/apps/dpv, another being if i know your DP# and DOB i can access your info.
one tab has your permit info, the other will have your demerit info.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » March 10th, 2018, 12:30 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
88sins wrote:So how will persons know if they have or how many demerit points they have on their license, particularly when they start using those traffic cameras to catch RTA offenses?

one of the cons of https://apps.mowt.gov.tt/apps/dpv, another being if i know your DP# and DOB i can access your info.

I think that’s fair. The more public and transparent it is the better. Coming soon I’m sure insurance companies, rental car companies and employers will make good use of this info.

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » March 10th, 2018, 12:33 pm

Demerit points for petty shyt and dumb ppl celebrating it.......

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 10th, 2018, 4:49 pm

j.o.e wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:

I think that’s fair. The more public and transparent it is the better. Coming soon I’m sure insurance companies, rental car companies and employers will make good use of this info.

well the reason I asked is because I assume they won't be using frs when they start issuing tickets based on infractions caught on traffic cams, they'll be most likely be using the vehicle reg #.
If that's the case, the days of ppl lending vehicles to family & friends going to be over, because some ppl will do shite on the road & the vehicle owner will get the ticket & demerit points, & the possible jail for failure to show up for court or pay the fine if they don't keep a steady eye on it. Same applies to rental cars. ppl does rent car & have every Tom, Dick, & Harrylal driving it. Ticket & demerit assumedly will go to either the person that rented it or the company, who should then charge the lessee.

But whatevs, dat's d price of progress. Persons with drivers permits but no vehicles gonna feel it.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » March 11th, 2018, 2:29 pm

88sins wrote:But whatevs, dat's d price of progress. Persons with drivers permits but no vehicles gonna feel it.

in other jurisdictions.
the owner of the car can either directly bill the borrowers credit card, or sue the borrower for compensation without it being a costly drawn out process. the latter hurts too many policy makers, so we wont have that protection here.

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » March 11th, 2018, 2:44 pm

I dont really understand how you can introduce a 'demerit system' when a large proportion of the driving population don't even have a vialid drivers licence/insurance/roadworthy car- sort that first then we good to go

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 12th, 2018, 10:06 am

wagonrunner wrote:in other jurisdictions.
the owner of the car can either directly bill the borrowers credit card, or sue the borrower for compensation without it being a costly drawn out process. the latter hurts too many policy makers, so we wont have that protection here.

directly charging the cc will work for rental car companies, but I was referring more to those persons that would usually borrow vehicles from friends & family.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » March 13th, 2018, 11:49 am

i also mentioned something for that.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 13th, 2018, 12:47 pm

wagonrunner wrote:in other jurisdictions.

seing as how dis is T&T we talking about here u realize the irony right? could take months & cost more than the ticket to get that remedied.
Easier to pick up & drop off ppl, or arrange a ride somehow than to lend the vehicle.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”