TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Is Russia a Superpower?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10528
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby sMASH » March 15th, 2018, 8:39 am

Nukes have two uses: in times of war, when going all out. Or as a deterrent to going all out.

Everybody will press their luck and do all sorts of shenanigans because they know that anybody with nukes will be reluctant to use them.... It's a point of no return action. The only ones who may not are Pakistan, North Korea, and Iran.
That is why, so much fear mongering is used on North Korea and iran, they might be the only people that might have cause to use them.

But, they won't cause they know that trigger is a suicide trigger. They will be instantly obliterated by friend and foe alike.



Having nukes is not a sign of a superpower... Being able to intimidate other countries and bend their wills and desires towards Ur own, is.

Some of the American Air craft carriers have more military power than many small countries. their strike groups are more capable than countries larger than those and their military totally is practically unrivaled by the sum of the next in line.

America can go to war against the world and stand a chance of winning.




Having the best, fastest or most doesn't make Ur military good.

Having the best suited for the task at hand is what makes them good.

Some European countries are working on having the fastest, or most maneuverable jets yet.
America newest jet would not be fastest, not even faster than some of their own in the past. It would not be very maneuverable, it would not have good strength in fog fights.
What America is developing is undetectable and good surveillance capability.
What America is working towards is going in, detecting targets, gathering info, or striking, leaving and being so far away, that no matter how fast u are, u would not be able to catch them in time.

Advertisement
User avatar
88sins
punchin NOS
Posts: 4339
Joined: July 22nd, 2007, 3:03 pm
Location: Corner of Everywhere Avenue & Nowhere Drive

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby 88sins » March 15th, 2018, 9:07 am

aka, push button warfare.
The US has been working on the practice of having to send as few personnel as possible into conflicts, with the idea of having fewer military casualties. Hence some of their UAV's. Good idea. But...


The hazardous downside to it is that if you're in a active conflict with an enemy you're fighting, & as an example you are using arrows & he's using a sling shot & he cannot reach you, or cannot reach you to effect sufficient damage to you, then he only has 2 alternatives. Submit & accept defeat(that ain't what anyone engaged in an active war wants to do), or alternatively build huge catapults & get as close as necessary to your camp & launch a volley of boulders a lot larger than you at you & your assets.
Basically, push button warfare will motivate the enemy to narrow the divide created between you in an effort to kick your front door off the hinges & use weapons more dangerous than you did in an effort that will cause more civilian & military casualties than would be saved by the use of modern acceptable long range targeting & attack methods.

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8489
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby Dizzy28 » March 15th, 2018, 9:15 am

sMASH wrote:Nukes have two uses: in times of war, when going all out. Or as a deterrent to going all out.

Everybody will press their luck and do all sorts of shenanigans because they know that anybody with nukes will be reluctant to use them.... It's a point of no return action. The only ones who may not are Pakistan, North Korea, and Iran.
That is why, so much fear mongering is used on North Korea and iran, they might be the only people that might have cause to use them.

But, they won't cause they know that trigger is a suicide trigger. They will be instantly obliterated by friend and foe alike.

Having nukes is not a sign of a superpower... Being able to intimidate other countries and bend their wills and desires towards Ur own, is.


.


Nukes have no use............ever!!!!!

Think Thanks have constructed models for nuclear warfare and the most likely scenario they have come up with for a nuclear war is in Asia - In their simulation a rogue Pakistani general orders a nuclear strike on India. The following Indian retaliation and Pakistani counter strikes would kill hundreds of millions in the first instance however it is the damage to the global climate that is the biggest problem. Weather patterns will be altered with the amount of dust produced and famines can be expected across the world particularly in China.

And this is just limited nuclear war between two nations with maybe 400 warheads between them.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6967
Joined: October 19th, 2013, 12:35 am

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby desifemlove » March 15th, 2018, 4:47 pm

zoom rader wrote:
desifemlove wrote:no, it not.

it's a great power.

USA is the only superpower.

Russia's GDP is only bearly in the top ten.

it's armed forces iz old and decrpit. it has nukes, but USA has more.

it's navy is sheit.

and its army could beat Ukraine's but not NATO's. or even China's.

and it's cultural reach....there's vodka, but the biggest vodka brand in the world is British......

The USSR was a superpower, but Russia no. if anything, this is wy Putin vex and acting bad man now.


Again you talk chit.

You dont know and the rest of us dont know what counties has what,

Nukes are the only superpower and those that have it are superpowers.

i talking basic international relations dog. but yuh not very educated, so it figures you don't know dis.

i talking ting most in the field would agree with...run along now. you spend penty time cussing, but don't get i don't care lol. not very adult, are you?

User avatar
zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12564
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Bailiser House

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby zoom rader » March 15th, 2018, 5:54 pm

desifemlove wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
desifemlove wrote:no, it not.

it's a great power.

USA is the only superpower.

Russia's GDP is only bearly in the top ten.

it's armed forces iz old and decrpit. it has nukes, but USA has more.

it's navy is sheit.

and its army could beat Ukraine's but not NATO's. or even China's.

and it's cultural reach....there's vodka, but the biggest vodka brand in the world is British......

The USSR was a superpower, but Russia no. if anything, this is wy Putin vex and acting bad man now.


Again you talk chit.

You dont know and the rest of us dont know what counties has what,

Nukes are the only superpower and those that have it are superpowers.

i talking basic international relations dog. but yuh not very educated, so it figures you don't know dis.

i talking ting most in the field would agree with...run along now. you spend penty time cussing, but don't get i don't care lol. not very adult, are you?


Again you are full of chit.

No country will ever state how many nukes they have.

Do you know for a fact that Russia's armed forces is old and decrepit?

http://www.euronews.com/2018/03/01/watc ... on-address

rspann
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6489
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: San Juan

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby rspann » March 15th, 2018, 6:22 pm

Why allyuh have to be provoking the mentally challenged all the time so?

User avatar
janfar
punchin NOS
Posts: 3341
Joined: August 13th, 2004, 1:39 am
Location: studying pigonometry...

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby janfar » March 16th, 2018, 12:30 am

Facts: Russia has the most advanced main battle tank in the world.

Both Russia and China have upcoming stealth Jets that will make the F22 and F35 seem old.

China just successfully tested a rail gun on a ship. A SHIP.


Most of you all just lapping up the western media. Try visiting these countries and see the infrastructure they have in place.

They all have their pros and cons, and that includes America.

redmanjp
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5863
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby redmanjp » March 19th, 2018, 11:40 am

putin win election again

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10528
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby sMASH » March 19th, 2018, 7:34 pm

he's that awesome!!

User avatar
toyota2nr
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2220
Joined: July 21st, 2006, 3:05 pm

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby toyota2nr » March 19th, 2018, 8:08 pm

In terms of military Russia is a superpower. The last count by CNN estimated that Russia has the most nukes. Russia recently unveiled a missile that they boast can reach or hit anywhere in the world. Today there was an article that said a Russian submarine surfaced near the US coast without being detected.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10528
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby sMASH » March 19th, 2018, 8:23 pm

nukes are the only safeguard u can have against america..

User avatar
88sins
punchin NOS
Posts: 4339
Joined: July 22nd, 2007, 3:03 pm
Location: Corner of Everywhere Avenue & Nowhere Drive

Re: Is Russia a Superpower?

Postby 88sins » March 20th, 2018, 5:40 am

toyota2nr wrote:In terms of military Russia is a superpower. The last count by CNN estimated that Russia has the most nukes. Russia recently unveiled a missile that they boast can reach or hit anywhere in the world. Today there was an article that said a Russian submarine surfaced near the US coast without being detected.


there's a reason they weren't detected, but I eh go say it here.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cressida_override, fallen_angel, Shannon, Snyper, whiteliver, xxstitch69xx and 69 guests