Insurance woes

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TRAE
punchin NOS

Insurance woes

Postby TRAE » March 13th, 2018, 10:23 pm

Hey guys, got a bit of an issue I'm hoping someone can assist me with-

November last year a pickup overtaking on a double carriageway collided with my pickup parked in my yard under the covered garage.
Driver was overtaking a few cars and hit a 323 that was exiting to a parking lot then lost control running into my yard, righting off my pickup and the garage and damaging the attached building. He was driving a company pickup (he is the owner of the said company), drunk (police didn't do a test) and admitted liability in the presence of the officers and my family.

Here's the issue now- Colf!re is our insurance company- Nag!co is the 323 insurance company. Colf!re is saying that the accident will have to be paid off by themselves as well as Nag!co- saying that Nag!co will pay 50% of the valuation minus the wreck value. Valuation done by Colf!re's agents valued my vehicle for $56,000- 2008 Isuzu D-Max LS

$18k - payout by Colf!re
$18k- Payout by Nag!co
$20k- salvage

My vehicle was supposed to be sold the next week for $70k... Also there isn't any timeline guaranteeing the payout from Nag!co nor how am I supposed to sell the wreck for the $20k.

Any assistance you guys can offer due to past experiences will be greatly appreciated cause its- March and they still haven't reached a solid conclusion and have not rendered assistance for the damage to property, loss of earnings or any other issues resulting from the damages.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Insurance woes

Postby Chimera » March 13th, 2018, 10:31 pm

did you go to a lawyer?
to atleast write them a letter to tell them stop sticking in dey mc

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » March 13th, 2018, 10:45 pm

Colfire iz pressure bro....retain a lawyer or report the situation to the insurance board in Riverside Plaza the last time i checked.....they are the regulatory body for all insurance companies..

TRAE
punchin NOS

Postby TRAE » March 13th, 2018, 11:05 pm

just submitted info to the Obudsman office- as a 2nd option

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 14th, 2018, 1:07 am

i got into a similar incident...driver hit my PARKED car and REFUSES to pay and did not give their insurance information.
got the entire thing on video too...

reported it to the police and stuff but failing the police should i retain a lawyer ??

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 14th, 2018, 6:03 am

skylinechild wrote:i got into a similar incident...driver hit my PARKED car and REFUSES to pay and did not give their insurance information.

reported it to the police and stuff but failing the police should i retain a lawyer ??
Lawyer up, if the person was driving without the proper documents then you will have to take civil action

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 14th, 2018, 6:43 am

hustla_ambition101 wrote:
skylinechild wrote:i got into a similar incident...driver hit my PARKED car and REFUSES to pay and did not give their insurance information.

Lawyer up, if the person was driving without the proper documents then you will have to take civil action

can i also include my legal fees for the other person to pay as well ??
can you provide some good lawyers who can do this quickly.
looking for a open and shut scenario.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 14th, 2018, 8:12 am

Yeah you can include legal costs etc. Unfortunately no matter how good a lawyer is......you at the mercy at the speed of the court and the officer conducting enquiries. You can also visit the JP of the court in your jurisdiction for free advice

TRAE
punchin NOS

Postby TRAE » March 14th, 2018, 8:19 am

the person has money - I'm studying if to make an arrangement with him to pay the balance instead of my taking him to court to pay all and bypass the insurance... problem is tho that I'll have to valuate a crashed vehicle still.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 14th, 2018, 8:22 am

Hard luck boi TRAE
call 624-8420. Very good attorneys.

The consultation is a little costly. but trust when I say you would get your $$ worth outta dem theiving insurance pests

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » March 14th, 2018, 10:48 am

Before you take any action, you will need to read your insurance policy to determine the provisions of coverage and the financial limits.
Yours claims on the insurance company must conform with the provisions as declared in your policy.
Hopefully you have what is commonly referred to as Full Comprehensive.
Under the law all motor vehicle policies must provide third party liability limits as define in said law.
Many insurance companies do use the ignorance of their clients in times of distress to reduce their financial responsibility.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 14th, 2018, 4:11 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Yeah you can include legal costs etc. Unfortunately no matter how good a lawyer is......you at the mercy at the speed of the court and the officer conducting enquiries. You can also visit the JP of the court in your jurisdiction for free advice

i not too worried about the speed of the court and thing as the longer it takes i can add on interest and such. is not a case of candle costing more than the funeral but its a case of the wrong thing vs right thing.

i shouldnt have to take someone to court to fix what they damage.. be a man and pay for your damages.
person find $1500 is too much to pay to repair and paint a bumper and restore a headlight.

88sins wrote:Hard luck boi TRAE
call 624-8420. Very good attorneys.

The consultation is a little costly. but trust when I say you would get your $$ worth outta dem theiving insurance pests

sins.. .would they be able to assist in my scenario ???
on avg, how much is a consultation ?
how much would it take to get a case started...???

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 14th, 2018, 9:20 pm

Consultation is $700 last I went there.
They will direct you what needs be done when you go, you can call & & explain to the secretary what going on & she'll direct you to the best attorney there for the task & set up an appointment. There's multiple seasoned attorneys in that practice.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » March 15th, 2018, 12:32 pm

Dunno about the payments, but for the salvage, ask the insurance who buys salvage cars. Get two quotes. If both it is less than 20K, go back to the insurance. They will pay the difference.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”