Forums

Deputy Police Commissioner: Officers who fail to take reports should be fired

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Deputy Police Commissioner: Officers who fail to take reports should be fired

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 15th, 2018, 8:29 pm

Deputy Police Commissioner Deodath Dulalchan says he believes police officers who fail to take reports from members of the public should be fired.

During a police town hall meeting in Couva last evening, some residents complained of difficulties in making reports, saying sometimes officers may tell them to go to the area where the offense happened.

One resident said sometimes someone may fear corrupt officers in their division and may want to make a report somewhere else.

DCP Dulalchan says he was very disappointed to learn of the occurrences saying just last week he presided over a meeting where officers were reminded it is their duty to take a report at any police station.

He says if an officer cannot do that, then he or she should be fired.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Deputy Police Commissioner: Officers who fail to take reports should be fired

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 15th, 2018, 8:33 pm

doolulzchin up the creek atm.
doh study he

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: Deputy Police Commissioner: Officers who fail to take reports should be fired

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 15th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Why dulalchan doh hull he mc

Police who accept bribes, who assist criminals, who running hoe house, who assisting in bringing the drugs should be fcking fired...

Not fcking suspended with pay

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 15th, 2018, 8:40 pm

he saying so but i doubt ah policeman will loss he wuk for something "so simple" , they hadda put dat in writing\law b4 it applies not so ?

cant believe in this day\age u still hearing d ole "well u hadda report it in ur area not here" excuse .....

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » March 16th, 2018, 2:47 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Why dulalchan doh hull he mc

Police who accept bribes, who assist criminals, who running hoe house, who assisting in bringing the drugs should be fcking fired...

Not fcking suspended with pay

All well and fine and quite obvious but to not detract from the man's point, I agree with him.

To Protect and SERVE with Pride not so? Such a simple thing as taking a report and officers want to be lazy beyotches about it. Fire them one time because with a mentality like that, they don't deserve that job. It have many other issue with police a know, but it does start from the small things like that all the way up.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 16th, 2018, 6:38 am

everytime I happen to have tv on beyond the tape
somebody calls in with this issue

why dont they just install a big sign at the front of the station saying that nobody is to be refused
and a number to call to complain
simple solution

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 16th, 2018, 11:34 am

pugboy wrote:why dont they just install a big sign at the front of the station saying that nobody is to be refused
and a number to call to complain
simple solution

LOL all stations have that sign already

and the fawkers does still refuse

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 16th, 2018, 11:47 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:doolulzchin up the creek atm.
doh study he

said the whole TTPS

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » March 16th, 2018, 12:40 pm

Took three hours to make a simple accident report yesterday , what i experienced in the station made me understand the crime situation a slightly better.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 16th, 2018, 3:32 pm

kM_89 wrote:Took three hours to make a simple accident report yesterday , what i experienced in the station made me understand the crime situation a slightly better.
Share nuh

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 16th, 2018, 5:17 pm

I remember years ago, I went for a Police cert of good caracter and took some running. Police will send you from one station to other and its always some excuse that they dont have the receipt book or the books was sent to HQ.
I started in San Do to Marabella and and it was a bounce around from 3 diffrent stations at the end i had to go back to San do to get it done on a diffrent day. It all depends on whos in the station at the time

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » March 16th, 2018, 5:32 pm

zoom rader wrote:I remember years ago, I went for a Police cert of good caracter and took some running. Police will send you from one station to other and its always some excuse that they dont have the receipt book or the books was sent to HQ.
I started in San Do to Marabella and and it was a bounce around from 3 diffrent stations at the end i had to go back to San do to get it done on a diffrent day. It all depends on whos in the station at the time
End of the month is audit and the receipt books are sent to hq for financial records.....

Cool story time. Went to station to make a report, a couple came in to report an incident which occurred in another division. The officer at the desk told them that even though she will take the report it has to be sent to the district the incident happened and the investigator would be at that station not where it was reported. The woman got vex and stormed out. When I enquired from the officer of the process she explained that due to the nature of the report, crime scene officers from the division where the incident occured would have to be the ones to go to court and give evidence as the ones who took photographs etc at the scene and each division had their own crime scene unit.

I noticed that seniors paint a utopian picture in the media and on beyond the tape however officers have to deal with several deficiencies. At the time I was there about 5 different people came to make reports and only 2 officers in the charge room.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 16th, 2018, 5:45 pm

^^^ Makes you wonder if it is worth your time making a report

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » March 16th, 2018, 6:45 pm

Three cops suspended in La Brea massacre case

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/lo ... dfa54.html

THREE police officers attached to the La Brea Police Station have been suspended from duties pending the outcome of an investigation into how they responded to a domestic violence report made by Abigail Chapman, who ended up being killed along with her daughter and two others in la Brea this week.

The officers were handed their suspension letters on Friday.

The suspension order was approved by Acting Commissioner of Williams and was with immediate effect.

The officers were on duty last week Thursday when Chapman went to the La Brea Police Station to report that a man had entered her apartment and put a knife to her neck after she had broken off the relationship.

Chapman's mother says her daughter and the others victims would have been alive if the police had acted prompt to find and arrest the suspect who remains at large.

Instead, Chapman, 42, her daughter Olivia, 15, Olivia's friend Mikella, 15, and landlord Michael Scott, 69, were stabbed and beaten to death at Chapman's apartment at Khani Settlement, la Brea.

The conduct of police officers in the case has outraged the country.

A separate investigation is being done by the Police Complaints Authority (PCA).

A joint funeral service will be held for murdered mother and daughter Abigail and Olivia Chapman on Wednesday in La Brea.

Abigail, 42 and her 15-year-old daughter were among four killed on Tuesday.

Michael Scott, 69 and Olivia’s friend Mikella Mason, 14, were also found dead at the Khani Settlement, La Brea apartment.

The killer is still at large and police are continuing their search.

The funeral will be held at the La Brea Seventh-day Adventist Church from 1 p.m.

Funeral arrangements for Scott and Mason are yet to be confirmed.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 16th, 2018, 7:44 pm

Suspended with Pay?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 16th, 2018, 9:19 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:I remember years ago, I went for a Police cert of good caracter and took some running. Police will send you from one station to other and its always some excuse that they dont have the receipt book or the books was sent to HQ.
End of the month is audit and the receipt books are sent to hq for financial records.....

Cool story time. Went to station to make a report, a couple came in to report an incident which occurred in another division. The officer at the desk told them that even though she will take the report it has to be sent to the district the incident happened and the investigator would be at that station not where it was reported. The woman got vex and stormed out. When I enquired from the officer of the process she explained that due to the nature of the report, crime scene officers from the division where the incident occured would have to be the ones to go to court and give evidence as the ones who took photographs etc at the scene and each division had their own crime scene unit.

I noticed that seniors paint a utopian picture in the media and on beyond the tape however officers have to deal with several deficiencies. At the time I was there about 5 different people came to make reports and only 2 officers in the charge room.

a lot of the stuff they have police do at the station, could be handled by admin assistants... probably better handled by admins.... cause they would know how to spell, file, log, database etc.
u dont have to give admin. assists. the salary of a police, so u could save money there. and u could have more boots on the beat, instead of fighting up with trying to spell 'flamingo'

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 16th, 2018, 10:02 pm

zoom rader wrote:Suspended with Pay?

Buh u asking answers....is d same mc thing I saying..

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 16th, 2018, 11:15 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

That's nothing more than a holiday plus they win their court cases with more money awarded to them.

This is just a PNM show

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » March 17th, 2018, 12:05 am

zoom rader wrote:

That's nothing more than a holiday plus they win their court cases with more money awarded to them.

This is just a PNM show

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » March 17th, 2018, 12:15 pm

zoom rader wrote:

This is just a PNM show

You are correct.. PNM is to blame for the rain falling when you wash your car and the battery that died after 3 years. And to think my tax dollars funded free school makes it worse to bear.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 17th, 2018, 12:27 pm

randolphinshan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

This is just a PNM show

You are correct.. PNM is to blame for the rain falling when you wash your car and the battery that died after 3 years. And to think my tax dollars funded free school makes it worse to bear.

Who is in charge of the Police forces at present? Not PNM?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”