Forums

Nissan Sentra/ Sylphy

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Nissan Sentra/ Sylphy

Postby R.P.J » March 19th, 2018, 8:54 am

Good Morning Guys Was Looking to purchase The Nissan Sylphy New Model Foreign Use what are the common problems being face with this model service cost. Parts cost etc

Leave me a line.
r.jpg

R.P.J
Trinituner Peong

Re: Nissan Sentra/ Sylphy

Postby R.P.J » September 11th, 2018, 11:20 am

Anyone

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 11th, 2018, 12:08 pm

I know the dash top had a tendency to bubble and deform. Massey changed it on all the ones they sold...with roro, you gotta live with it
Coil pack issues seems to be a given with all these nissans nowadays so cater for that

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 11th, 2018, 12:13 pm

R.P.J wrote:Good Morning Guys Was Looking to purchase The Nissan Sylphy New Model Foreign Use what are the common problems being face with this model service cost. Parts cost etc

Leave me a line.
r.jpg

Bandits seem to love it

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 11th, 2018, 12:53 pm

RPJ, the b17 is the best compact Nissan sedan made in quite a while. Parts are also easy to source online because it's a world car especially with the 1.8 mra8de engine. Good luck!

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 11th, 2018, 6:41 pm

Don't buy Nissan.

Buy Toyota and don't worry about car breaking down or inferior quality, Toyota costs money for a reason and Nissan is cheap for a reason.

You could buy a old NZE right now and end up doing less repairs on it than one of those RORO sentra. That alone tells you everything

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 11th, 2018, 9:33 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Don't buy Nissan.

Buy Toyota and don't worry about car breaking down or inferior quality, Toyota costs money for a reason and Nissan is cheap for a reason.

You could buy a old NZE right now and end up doing less repairs on it than one of those RORO sentra. That alone tells you everything

That statement is a bit misleading. For 2018, Toyota is still better than Nissan for brand reliability but only marginally so.

In fact, both Toyota and Nissan are above the industry average for reliability but not by much. Kia, Hyundai and Chevrolet all have better reliability ratings than Toyota.

The best brands by far are Lexus and Porsche in terms of reliability. In fact, vehicle reliability has been increasing across the industry for the last 10 years or more. The best way to get a more reliable vehicle is to get a newer vehicle. The reliability differences are becoming so small that unless you are buying a luxury brand, you probably won't be able to tell the difference.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 11th, 2018, 11:18 pm

^ According to business insider Nissan is more reliable than Honda and JEEP and we all know that to be complete bullsh!t

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-re ... 9-honda-12

Which makes you wonder where they are getting these statistics from. Go ask anybody who owns a used Toyota and they will tell you just how much parts they change.

My brother has a 2007 Hilux TCH and in the 11 years he had it the only thing he changed was tires and oil.

Toyota has SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER Resale value than any of those Chevy down here.

You getting parts for Corolla and Hilux anywhere in this country and it out lasting any Chevy and Nissan part. Ask any Taxi Driver who has owned both Nissan and Toyota and you will see the answer is ALWAYS Toyota parts you get what you pay for, it outlasts Nissan easily.

As for Porsche well Toyota has some really nice Lexus vehicles but Porsche is known for creating the Tiger Tanks in Nazi Germany so Porsche is in a league of its own.
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on September 11th, 2018, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » September 11th, 2018, 11:34 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Don't buy Nissan.

this coming from the man who wanted to buy a tiida and "sports it up" to look like an impul ??? :lol: :lol:

can you tell me how much cars you've owned and typically what repairs youve done or u just pulling status out ur ass or web search as per your protocol.??

or is it you still pumping dem pedals on the highway. ???

dude any car can last long it depends on how you take care of them... ive seen toyotas that the owners couldnt care less for and ive seen nissans and others that look like they just rolled off the line....

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 11th, 2018, 11:43 pm

^ Toyota takes more abuse than Nissan, Toyota parts are more expensive because it is of better quality than Nissan.

But go ask any mechanic in this country or go to any parts place and ask why Toyota parts cost more than Nissan and come back here and post what they told you.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 12th, 2018, 5:09 am

You seem to be just giving your opinion - and on quite a few different points that are not particularly germain to this topic - but that is still fine. Unfortunately, it is just one person's opinion and not fact.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ According to business insider Nissan is more reliable than Honda and JEEP and we all know that to be complete bullsh!t

Which makes you wonder where they are getting these statistics from. Go ask anybody who owns a used Toyota and they will tell you just how much parts they change.

My brother has a 2007 Hilux TCH and in the 11 years he had it the only thing he changed was tires and oil.

You getting parts for Corolla and Hilux anywhere in this country and it out lasting any Chevy and Nissan part. Ask any Taxi Driver who has owned both Nissan and Toyota and you will see the answer is ALWAYS Toyota parts you get what you pay for, it outlasts Nissan easily.

As for Porsche well Toyota has some really nice Lexus vehicles but Porsche is known for creating the Tiger Tanks in Nazi Germany so Porsche is in a league of its own.
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ Toyota takes more abuse than Nissan, Toyota parts are more expensive because it is of better quality than Nissan.

But go ask any mechanic in this country or go to any parts place and ask why Toyota parts cost more than Nissan and come back here and post what they told you.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » September 12th, 2018, 8:42 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ According to business insider Nissan is more reliable than Honda and JEEP and we all know that to be complete bullsh!t

Ask dem taxi drivers how much of them buy original Nissan parts lol. Original nissan parts actually hold out pretty well. Is when you buy aftermarket parts and expect them to last long then you will bawl with repairs

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 12th, 2018, 9:10 am

Maintenance is key and having owned both I can't say one over another. Actually...... My evo dong lansah is still better than the Nissan and Toyota!
My current everyday beater is a local B17 Sentra where all warranty aspects are already voided.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » September 12th, 2018, 9:40 am

if you getting RORO make sure is later model than 2013-2014, as this an many Nissan of those years needed an upgrade to TCM due to service bulletin issue that could lead to shortened CVT life.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 12th, 2018, 9:03 pm

Not sure if I would call it an opinion.

I mean how could anybody in their right mind suggest that an AD wagon is just as good as a Fielder?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 12th, 2018, 9:10 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Not sure if I would call it an opinion.

I mean how could anybody in their right mind suggest that an AD wagon is just as good as a Fielder?

You're comparing a base model wagon designed to be used for goods transport to a family use wagon with more creature comforts?
AD wagon maintenance is lower than a Fielder btw

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » September 12th, 2018, 11:52 pm

eliteauto wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Not sure if I would call it an opinion.

You're comparing a base model wagon designed to be used for goods transport to a family use wagon with more creature comforts?
AD wagon maintenance is lower than a Fielder btw

why you bother with ED for ???
he in his own little special world....let him ride his bike at the side of the highway nuh.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 13th, 2018, 8:35 am

since no body is giving actual real info ... i will . have a 2013 model since 2016.

problems; suspension soft ( abit too soft for trinidad mash up roads)
air condition - had to replace my compressor
local engine is 1.5 while foreign used is 1.8 MRA8DE - some parts different

pros; fit and finish of inside very good
original speakers very good
no need for any type of body kit

R.P.J wrote:Good Morning Guys Was Looking to purchase The Nissan Sylphy New Model Foreign Use what are the common problems being face with this model service cost. Parts cost etc

Leave me a line.r.jpg

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » September 13th, 2018, 9:13 am

OP check the nissan section of the forum there is a sylphy owners thread. im sure you can find more info there

peugeot 306
Riding on 13's

Postby peugeot 306 » September 14th, 2018, 10:23 am

i got one jus like in the pic for sale 135k 7016564

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”