Passport- validity USA travel

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

cadence
Street 2NR

Passport- validity USA travel

Postby cadence » March 19th, 2018, 8:55 pm

Tuners,

I recently purchased tickets to Florida departing Trinidad in April and returning in four days. I noticed my Trinidad passport is expiring 8th Sept 2018 basically 5 months from date of usa entry.
Is there some 6 month validity rule where your passport must be valid in advance 6 mths based on your date of usa departure?

Thanks..

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Passport- validity USA travel

Postby Dizzy28 » March 19th, 2018, 9:09 pm

You safe with USA. Travelled with 3 months to go on mine and the only people ever say anything was trini immigration.

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » March 19th, 2018, 9:11 pm

cadence
Street 2NR

Postby cadence » March 19th, 2018, 9:47 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I am safe with a 5 month valid passport to gain entry and exit into the USA and Trinidad. Why do these things always have "hidden info" and never straight forward (:

fireworks
Street 2NR

Postby fireworks » March 19th, 2018, 10:11 pm

Your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date you landed in the United States

Can anybody tell me if there is a form for kids under 16 to apply to renew a machine readable passport. Can’t seem to find it on the ministry website.

cadence
Street 2NR

Postby cadence » March 19th, 2018, 10:15 pm

fireworks wrote:Your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date you landed in the United States

Can anybody tell me if there is a form for kids under 16 to apply to renew a machine readable passport. Can’t seem to find it on the ministry website.
Where can I get confirmed info on this...
Caribbean Airlines said I have no problem
Local immigration friend of mine said no problem
Airports Authority said 6 mths like yourself
Online websites dont have info on this 6 mths validity..

Im confused

gtiracer
Street 2NR

Postby gtiracer » March 19th, 2018, 10:29 pm

cadence wrote:
fireworks wrote:Your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date you landed in the United States

Where can I get confirmed info on this...
Caribbean Airlines said I have no problem
Local immigration friend of mine said no problem
Airports Authority said 6 mths like yourself
Online websites dont have info on this 6 mths validity..

Im confused

Good once u return before passport expires. Called the embassy to confirm this as well.. Do same if it makes u feel better.. Also mentioned in this thread http://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtopic.php?t=501513

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » March 20th, 2018, 5:17 am

You good to travel.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 20th, 2018, 6:19 am

Op you safe...I had two months to go on my passport and they still give me the 6mths when I landed...in the even of an expired passport while in the states you just have to visit the t&t consulate

fozzy2010
3NE 2NR for life

Postby fozzy2010 » March 20th, 2018, 6:39 am

yep you're ok to travel. I went in December and passport was expiring in Feb. I emailed them to get the ok this was the response:

As a general rule, passports must be valid for six months beyond the date the traveler will exit the U.S., however, the U.S. has signed agreements with a number of countries to waive this requirement list of countries

When such an agreement is in place, as there is currently between the United States and Trinidad and Tobago, the passport must be valid for the entire period of the visitor's intended stay, but the additional six month validity period is not required.

Sincerely,

The Consular Section
U.S. Embassy, Port of Spain
868-224-3099
trinidadandtobago.usvisa-info.com

cadence
Street 2NR

Postby cadence » March 20th, 2018, 6:46 am

Thanks alot everyone....especially fozzy2010, I have sent an email so I will print out and retain incase any "human" decides to be bigger than the system lol..

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » March 20th, 2018, 12:12 pm

fozzy2010 wrote:yep you're ok to travel. I went in December and passport was expiring in Feb. I emailed them to get the ok this was the response:

As a general rule, passports must be valid for six months beyond the date the traveler will exit the U.S., however, the U.S. has signed agreements with a number of countries to waive this requirement list of countries

When such an agreement is in place, as there is currently between the United States and Trinidad and Tobago, the passport must be valid for the entire period of the visitor's intended stay, but the additional six month validity period is not required.

Sincerely,

The Consular Section
U.S. Embassy, Port of Spain
868-224-3099
trinidadandtobago.usvisa-info.com

I checked with US immigration officer whilst renewing visa and the information provided is confirmed.
Actually according to the officer, as far as the US visa is concerned you can fly on the last day of the term of the visa and you should really try and complete travel before expiration of passport validity for primarily your own convenience.

Burnzy
Street 2NR

Postby Burnzy » March 21st, 2018, 2:45 pm

I got a small brace in MIA once when my passport didn't have the required six months... Pulled in the room scene, went through my paperwork, return ticket and what not. The immigration officer claimed he made a note in my file and if I didnt leave when I said I would they would come looking for me... Pffftt..

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”