TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 191

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Postby MaxPower » August 2nd, 2019, 9:26 am

^ okay you may be right in some instances....

but Trinis are lazier...not so?

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » August 2nd, 2019, 10:25 am

The only bank note I ever see a Vene holding when not inside a taxi is a $100 bill. True talk.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » August 2nd, 2019, 11:23 am

DTAC wrote:The only bank note I ever see a Vene holding when not inside a taxi is a $100 bill. True talk.

saw a vene with a man bag with wads of $100.00's buying KFC...broke a ten grand to pay about $300 for kfc..

No problem but they far from suffering..and they in all kinds of activities here...

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 2nd, 2019, 2:34 pm

DTAC wrote:The only bank note I ever see a Vene holding when not inside a taxi is a $100 bill. True talk.

Nice!

I glad u noticed.

Hard work pays off.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » August 6th, 2019, 1:34 pm

Colombia to grant citizenship to children of Venezuelan parents

UN calls move 'a very important step' in guaranteeing 'the complete protection' of the children of Venezuelan parents.

Colombia has said it will grant citizenship to more than 24,000 children born in the country to parents from crisis-hit Venezuela since 2015, as well as to those who will be born over the next two years, in a move aimed at preventing them from being stateless.

These children have been stuck in legal limbo with no identity documents or proof of citizenship in any country.

There are few Venezuelan consulates abroad and travel home is often difficult and dangerous, leaving migrant parents, including many who left without a passport, with no way to register their newborns for documentation.

"Today, we are supporting these defenceless children who want to have the right to have a nationality, and we proudly tell them that they are Colombians," Colombian President Ivan Duque said on Monday.

"Colombia has shown the world that the way of xenophobia is the wrong way," he told journalists.

'Crisis won't be resolved soon'
Venezuela is mired in one of the worst economic crises in its history, with a quarter of its 30 million population in need of aid, according to the United Nations.

More than 3.2 million Venezuelans have left the country since 2016, fleeing hyperinflation and widespread shortages of basic goods. Neighbouring Colombia has taken in the largest number: 1.3 million.

Caracas broke off diplomatic relations with Bogota in February over Duque's support for opposition leader Juan Guaido, who declared himself acting president in January. Guaido's move was a direct challenge to President Nicolas Maduro's authority, sparking a power struggle that has ground to an impasse.

Maduro said Guaido and the United States tried to stage a coup against him, while also accusing Washington of waging an economic war against his government.

Rafael Pineros, a professor of international affairs at Universidad Externado de Colombia in Bogota, said the Colombian president's move was an attempt to show that his government was part of the solution in the crisis.

"Duque wants to make clear that [the Venezuelan crisis] won't be resolved any time soon, and that despite having shown a strong position against the government of Nicolas Maduro, he is respectful towards the plight of the Venezuelan people," he told Al Jazeera.

"He wants to show that his government has the same solidarity Venezuela had with Colombia in the past."

Plea for aid
Duque's order, which will be valid for two more years, allows children born to Venezuelan parents in Colombia from August 19, 2015, to be given citizenship. This means children up to almost four years of age can start accessing Colombia's education and health system.

The UN office in Colombia called the government's move on Monday "a milestone in the prevention of statelessness on the world level" and "a very important step" in guaranteeing "the complete protection" of the children of Venezuelan parents.

Bogota, however, has called for more international aid, saying it may soon no longer be able to cope with the influx of Venezuelans.

"The international community must not remain indifferent in the face of the ravages [caused by] the Venezuelan dictatorship," Duque said.

Foreign Minister Carlos Holmes Trujillo said on Monday Colombia had received $950,000 from UN agencies.

Hopefully, Trinidad will do the same, since de vene population in Trinidad will meet critical mass soon.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/08/ ... 58858.html

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 6th, 2019, 1:55 pm

TT don't need to do the same, by next year venny kids will be born here and have same rights as any other Trini kid.

Current vene kids are at a disadvantage when it comes to schooling, so this needs tobe addressed.

Zoom Rader may get bann for showing support to venes .

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 20th, 2019, 1:58 pm

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 25th, 2019, 6:02 am

V'zuela still one of the best countries
Catholic bishop tells migrants
Laurel V Williams

Even as Venezuela’s crisis worsens and people continue to feel its damaging effects, the country remains one of the best in the world, Catholic Bishop Jaime José Villarroel Rodríguez said yesterday.

"The situation in Venezuela is very hard. There have been turmoil and tribulations, but it is still one of the best countries in the world. Things are hard now, but it will get better. Have faith, trust in God. Every day pray the rosary for Venezuela, for every one of us."

The bishop of Carúpano was speaking in Spanish to Venezuelan migrants during a visit at the parish hall of St Dominic’s RC Church in Penal.

Faced with shortages of basic items like food and medicine, Rodríguez said Venezuelans are fleeing in large numbers. He called on them to unite wherever they are. In a community called Marcuro, he said, people did not have electricity for four months.

Rodríguez said Pope Francis is always praying for the Church and for Venezuela.

"We are not alone; we are not forgotten. What is happening in Venezuela would pass."

He thanked the Catholic church of TT for "opening its doors and receiving Venezuelans" providing them with services including some relating to health and education. He also expressed gratitude to people who are assisting the migrants.

Many parents and their children were at the hall and shared some of their experiences as immigrants in TT. Parish priest Fr Robert Christo left early to perform a wedding while Trinidadian priest Fr Curtis Poyer, who is based in Mexico, sat in the audience.

One woman said she spent five years at a university only to come to Trinidad where she is "cleaning floors." She said as an educated woman, it was unjust that qualified people must settle for degrading jobs because of their nationality.

A man complained that despite working hard and for long hours, Venezuelans are treated like slaves by employers.

With the start of the school term just days away, many of the parents told Sunday Newsday that they are delighted that the catholic archdiocese is leading the initiative to provide educational spaces for migrant children.

Mother of two, Diaz Jaime Yannelys de Valle, 27, who lives at Penal, wiped away tears as she explained her difficulties in getting work. In Venezuela, she worked as a teacher and in searching for a better life for the family came to TT. Her children are ages four and five.

Speaking in Spanish she said: "I do not have a job here and I cannot leave my babies home alone. It is very difficult to survive here too with two children. It is a good idea to create learning environments for children. I am a teacher, so I teach them at home."

Looking forward to the classes, she is confident the children would learn English fast.

Another mother of two, Massiel Mora said it would have been confusing to send migrants to "regular schools" since teachers speak English. Her son Joman Martinez, 13, hopes to become a doctor while the other Josep, seven, has not decided on a career.

Mora said: "I work whole day so I teach them what I can at nights. It is not easy to work for the whole day and come home to work. I want my children to have an education. I am very interested in these centres. I cannot speak English."

Alba Herrera, who lives at Marabella, said her husband is the breadwinner.

"My son is three and a daughter, one. I have no one to look after the children. We have to pay rent and it is necessary that both parents work."

Msgr Christian Pereira told Sunday Newsday that "very soon", the Catholic Education Board will be meeting with principals and parish priests to discuss plans to provide education for the migrants at schools.

"So, the (Catholic) schools would be used after school hours, to provide classroom facilities for the migrants. Up to this point, the Ministry of Education has not allowed for the acceptance of migrant students into the mainstream schools," Pereira said.

The teachers are expected to be bilingual and would be contracted to work in primary and secondary schools. Pereria is the parish priest of St Benedict's Church in La Romaine. The parish hall is home to a migrant centre to 76 children. It functions from 8.30 am to 1 pm on Mondays to Fridays.

On Friday, Archbishop Jason Gordon announced that the Catholic church has been asked by the Prime Minister to educate Venezuelan children. He said the archdiocese will register children online, via an app.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/08/25/vzuela-still-one-of-the-best-countries/

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » August 25th, 2019, 3:26 pm

Glad to see a move being made to educate the Venezuelan kids. We have to assume that they're not returning to their homeland any time soon. It's better that the kids are educated and actually have a chance of getting a legit job, given the alternative of not educating them ; thereby leaving them with few options when they become adults.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 25th, 2019, 3:42 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Glad to see a move being made to educate the Venezuelan kids. We have to assume that they're not returning to their homeland any time soon. It's better that the kids are educated and actually have a chance of getting a legit job, given the alternative of not educating them ; thereby leaving them with few options when they become adults.
X2

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 25th, 2019, 10:48 pm

The future of T&T.

LOVE IT!

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » August 26th, 2019, 1:52 am

Nobody even batting too much of an eye concerning Venezuela internationally right now. They either going to run up and overthrow him sometime in the night when he least expects it or assassinate him soon

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 28th, 2019, 6:56 am

Perhaps this is a discussion T&T ought to be having as well...

Is It Time To End Anchor Baby Americanization?
August 27, 2019

In response to a question by the media asking President Trump if he plans to issue an executive order on birthright citizenship the President answered that he is looking “very seriously” at the law of birthright citizenship. He did even go as far to say that he is considering issuing an executive order.

Another more familiar term for “birthright citizenship” is “Anchor Babe”.

A baby born in the United States receives American citizenship under the 1898 interpretation by the U.S. Supreme Court of the Fourteenth Amendment. Today we still use that interpretation when it comes to illegal aliens. If you touch U.S. soil anywhere in the world including U.S. territories, and a second later delivery a baby that baby is now a U.S. citizen.

The U.S. Supreme case I am referring to is United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898). The Cornell Law School stated that in that case the Court ruled that:

"a child born in the United States, of parents of Chinese descent, who, at the time of his birth, are subjects of the Emperor of China, but have a permanent domicil and residence in the United States, and are there carrying on business, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity under the Emperor of China", automatically became a U.S. citizen at birth."

In the words of a 2007 legal analysis of events following the Wong Kim Ark decision, "The parameters of the jus soli principle, as stated by the court in Wong Kim Ark, have never been seriously questioned by the Supreme Court, and have been accepted as dogma by lower courts." A 2010 review of the history of the Citizenship Clause notes that the Wong Kim Ark decision held that the guarantee of birthright citizenship "applies to children of foreigners present on American soil" and states that the Supreme Court "has not re-examined this issue since the concept of 'illegal alien' entered the language".

Is it time for the United States Supreme Court to revisit this issue and case and give their updated opinion on the 14th amendment?

Let us put politics aside, let’s put aside whether President Trump can or cannot sign an executive order to end the Anchor Baby issue, let us put aside emotional reasons and ask the U.S. Supreme Court to rule.

The following is a list of Countries who offer birthright citizenship”

1 Antigua and Barbuda
2 Argentina
3 Barbados
4 Belize
5 Bolivia
6 Brazil
7 Canada
8 Chile
9 Cuba
10 Dominica
11 Ecuador
12 El Salvador
13 Fiji
14 Grenada
15 Guatemala
16 Guyana
17 Honduras
18 Jamaica
19 Mexico
20 Nicaragua
21 Panama
22 Paraguay
23 Peru
24 Saint Kitts and Nevis
25 Saint Lucia
26 Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
27 Trinidad and Tobago
28 United States
29 Uruguay
30 Venezuela

You might notice that almost this entire list is in the western hemisphere. There are no western European countries or Australia, New Zealand or most any other major countries outside of North America and Mexico that are on this list.

You should ask the question why that is so, why are the enlightened countries we are constantly lectured about not on this list.

If you go to Numberusa.com you will find a map of countries that offer birthright citizenship and those that do not, pay particular attention to the countries in white they do not.

Politics aside is it time to stop our Anchor Baby issue and resume normal immigration like most of the rest of the modern world?

I think it is time for the Unites States Supreme Court to take this case up and determine what the 14th amendment actually means to us today. The last time they ruled on this amendment they really did not clarify what jurisdiction meant.

The Heritage Foundation has a great piece about this issue titled Birthright Citizenship: A Fundamental Misunderstanding of the 14th Amendment.

The video below by Dr. John Eastman also explains this Birthright Citizenship/Anchor Baby issue very well:

https://wbckfm.com/is-it-time-to-end-anchor-baby-americanization/

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » August 28th, 2019, 7:32 am

I agree with trump. Just cause ya open ya legs an make a child, shouldn't guarantee them citizenship.
How many people have abused this system in Trinidad, and make it into the shithole place it is now... We filled to the max with all these parasites, and they still coming...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 28th, 2019, 8:29 am

vaiostation wrote:I agree with trump. Just cause ya open ya legs an make a child, shouldn't guarantee them citizenship.
How many people have abused this system in Trinidad, and make it into the shithole place it is now... We filled to the max with all these parasites, and they still coming...
Small islanders have been doing this for years and it is part reason why we have crime.

Its how these people think of scheming a country and the system. There was a time when Grenadians would flock over just to have a baby and use up our health care.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 28th, 2019, 3:21 pm

zoom rader wrote:
vaiostation wrote:I agree with trump. Just cause ya open ya legs an make a child, shouldn't guarantee them citizenship.
Small islanders have been doing this for years and it is part reason why we have crime.

Its how these people think of scheming a country and the system. There was a time when Grenadians would flock over just to have a baby and use up our health care.

I hear what allyuh saying eh, & immigration and anchor baby issues are a real challenge. But before anyone can take a hard line on such a thing we must consider the potential consequences.

If all countries adopt the idea of no more birthright citizenship (or even just a few countries, US, Canada, UK, Australia, etc), can the world handle the eventual resultant outcome of masses of stateless persons? I mean this from a labor, social, financial and logistical viewpoint Economies around the world would take huge hits, state revenues would drop suddenly & substantially, multiple industries would suffer sudden labor shortages and decreases in market shares, etc
Also, if people can be deported out of any country they might have been born simply because there is no birthright citizenship there so they aren't citizens there, where the state deporting them to? because they won't be a citizen anywhere else either. So the state deporting them will have to ask if another nation will take them. Now, if the recipient state being asked to take them refuses to accept them, one worst case scenario would be many ppl might just end up making a jail in immigration detention centers around the world simply because of the fact that they were born & birthright citizenship no longer exists in the nation they were born in. Basically, it'd be the beginnings of us creating a world where basically everyone would be a stateless person & either an immigrant or a refugee.

this is a VERY slippery slope on a really high mountain, & whoever wanna tackle it, feel free to have at it. just mind yuh eh skate all d way down to the base of said mountain on yuh face & create catastrophe of a problem that might not have a remedy.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 28th, 2019, 4:54 pm

My cat make kittens in the oven. I waiting till they get a little bigger to butter them and toast them.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 28th, 2019, 6:12 pm

88sins wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

I hear what allyuh saying eh, & immigration and anchor baby issues are a real challenge. But before anyone can take a hard line on such a thing we must consider the potential consequences.

If all countries adopt the idea of no more birthright citizenship (or even just a few countries, US, Canada, UK, Australia, etc), can the world handle the eventual resultant outcome of masses of stateless persons? I mean this from a labor, social, financial and logistical viewpoint Economies around the world would take huge hits, state revenues would drop suddenly & substantially, multiple industries would suffer sudden labor shortages and decreases in market shares, etc
Also, if people can be deported out of any country they might have been born simply because there is no birthright citizenship there so they aren't citizens there, where the state deporting them to? because they won't be a citizen anywhere else either. So the state deporting them will have to ask if another nation will take them. Now, if the recipient state being asked to take them refuses to accept them, one worst case scenario would be many ppl might just end up making a jail in immigration detention centers around the world simply because of the fact that they were born & birthright citizenship no longer exists in the nation they were born in. Basically, it'd be the beginnings of us creating a world where basically everyone would be a stateless person & either an immigrant or a refugee.

this is a VERY slippery slope on a really high mountain, & whoever wanna tackle it, feel free to have at it. just mind yuh eh skate all d way down to the base of said mountain on yuh face & create catastrophe of a problem that might not have a remedy.

In some countries once you are born to legal immigrant parents you are an automatic citizen. In other countries you have to turn 18 and must have lived all your years in that country to become a full citizen.

Normally if you are an illegal immigrant in some countries they will not acknowledge your children as citizens and they will have to take the citizenship of their parents country. In most cases it is the mothers citizenship they will have to take.

UN law states that a person cannot be born stateless. That's why you will have to take your moms birthright.

Trini laws need to change to stop this birthright nonsense when dealing with illegal mmigrants

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 3rd, 2019, 8:35 am

Judge stops deportation of 2 V’zuelan women
Jada Loutoo

A HIGH COURT judge has stopped the deportation of two Venezuelan women.

Justice Ricky Rahim stopped the deportation of Yoselin Pacheco Tourasi and Annys Maria Blanco Perez to Porlamar, Venezuela, pending the determination of an application for judicial review filed by the two.

Rahim also ordered the Chief Immigration Officer to put the two on an order of supervision or conditional release until he hears their applications. Immigration officials have also been restrained from removing the two from TT.

The matter comes up again on Thursday in the Port of Spain High Court.

According to a certificate of urgency filed on behalf of the two by attorneys Amit Mahabir, Shirvani Ramkissoon, Joseph Sookoo, and Lemuel Murphy, the two women entered TT on March 21 through Piarco International Airport. They were denied entry and were detained for almost six days at a Trincity guesthouse.

Attorneys for the group filed writs of habeas corpus seeking their release and their applications came up for hearing before Justice Jacqueline Wilson. However, before the judge could hear submissions on the case, the Immigration Division granted them and six others conditional release.

They said in August, relatives in Venezuela told them there were looting and riots and no basic food supplies, such as bread, rice or sugar. The two women also said there were no jobs, water, medicine, and the South American country was rife with fights, persecution and killings. According to the document, the salary of the average Venezuelan was US$4.

The two applied to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) for refugee status on August 27 and received UNHCR registration cards on August 28 and 29.

They said they reported to the Immigration Division on August 30 and were issued orders of supervision with specific conditions attached and an order to verify their departure to Porlamar on September 1. They were required to be at Piarco Airport at 11.40 am on Sunday.

Attorneys for the two then approached the courts after they received no response to a pre-action protocol letter sent to the Chief Immigration Officer on Friday.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/09/03/judge-stops-deportation-of-2-vzuelan-women/

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 3rd, 2019, 11:50 am

Well done Ricky Rahim, im glad you understand their situation.

You lead, others follow.

Stop the deportation, except for pests

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » September 4th, 2019, 4:59 am

dem chinee grocery turning into a chinee and vene grocery. i pull up in one yest and the spanish gyul wuking dey watchin me like ' wtmc he going in we grocery' wen d chinee pull out tuh go canada dey go start selling the grocery to vene wait and c. they dun buying land up st joseph an central already.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 5th, 2019, 6:28 am

Techier residents say Venezuelans being favoured

Unemployment has increased in the southwestern peninsula following the closure of Petrotrin and although construction is booming, residents say they are hardpressed to get work.

Around midday on Wednesday, villagers of Techier Village, Point Fortin came out to protest for work outside the Techier Community Centre. Although the project is almost close to completion, residents say Venezuelans are being given preference for work, while locals are being denied.

Brent Clarke, who led the protests said many of the residents have passed drug tests and are eager to get a job to take care of their families.

“We are qualified masons, carpenters, scaffolders, and labourers. Some of us have certificates and we have applied over and over again. We have seen more than 15 Venezuelans working on this project. It is disheartening to see the centre being built, the hospital being built and we cannot get a day of work,” he said.

Clarke is also alleging that there were health and safety violations at the site. He also accused the contractors of paying substandard wages. According to Clarke, the Venezuelans were eager to get a job so many were putting up with unsafe working conditions in fear of losing their jobs.

“This cannot be right. We have people who have children to take care of. What do they expect people to do,” Clarke asked.

Another resident Barry Felix said he was injured at the job site and was relieved of his duties without any compensation.

“I was not paid a cent. I was told that they would call me back for work but they never did,” Felix said, pointing to a bruise on his left arm.

Dion Mohammed, a father of one said he too was frustrated with the process.

“When we come to the site and beg for work, the contractor tells us that we have to go to the Labour Office at the Town Hall and then we will get through. I have applied many times, I passed the drug tests, I have my certificate as a mason but still, I cannot get work. We are honest people and we want to make an honest day work. We do not want to rob and thief to mind our families,” Mohammed said.

Contacted for comment, Mayor Abdon Mason denied that foreigners were being hired at the job site. Told that Spanish speaking men were seen on the site, Mason said the project is almost completed and he was certain that many residents from Point Fortin had received work.

He said the “failed protest” outside the community centre was “a total political machination.”

“They want to make an issue where none exist. People who apply for work and who are skilled, qualified and have a good police certificate of good character will get work as long as they pass the drug tests,” Mason said.

Meanwhile, Grantly Wells, one of three contractors employed at the site denied that Venezuelans were given first preference for work. He said a large number of people from Point Fortin were hired. Told of complaints that National Insurance contributions were not being paid, Wells invited the media to come and inspect his books. He said his records clearly showed that payments were being made. Wells also denied that health and safety rules were being violated. He said a health and safety officer was always present on site.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/techier-residents-say-venezuelans-being-favoured-6.2.926723.aeeb3c24d3

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 5th, 2019, 6:32 am

Penal by chance?
screwbash wrote:dem chinee grocery turning into a chinee and vene grocery. i pull up in one yest and the spanish gyul wuking dey watchin me like ' wtmc he going in we grocery' wen d chinee pull out tuh go canada dey go start selling the grocery to vene wait and c. they dun buying land up st joseph an central already.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 5th, 2019, 7:59 am

hydroep wrote:
Techier residents say Venezuelans being favoured

Unemployment has increased in the southwestern peninsula following the closure of Petrotrin and although construction is booming, residents say they are hardpressed to get work.

Around midday on Wednesday, villagers of Techier Village, Point Fortin came out to protest for work outside the Techier Community Centre. Although the project is almost close to completion, residents say Venezuelans are being given preference for work, while locals are being denied.

Brent Clarke, who led the protests said many of the residents have passed drug tests and are eager to get a job to take care of their families.

“We are qualified masons, carpenters, scaffolders, and labourers. Some of us have certificates and we have applied over and over again. We have seen more than 15 Venezuelans working on this project. It is disheartening to see the centre being built, the hospital being built and we cannot get a day of work,” he said.

Clarke is also alleging that there were health and safety violations at the site. He also accused the contractors of paying substandard wages. According to Clarke, the Venezuelans were eager to get a job so many were putting up with unsafe working conditions in fear of losing their jobs.

“This cannot be right. We have people who have children to take care of. What do they expect people to do,” Clarke asked.

Another resident Barry Felix said he was injured at the job site and was relieved of his duties without any compensation.

“I was not paid a cent. I was told that they would call me back for work but they never did,” Felix said, pointing to a bruise on his left arm.

Dion Mohammed, a father of one said he too was frustrated with the process.

“When we come to the site and beg for work, the contractor tells us that we have to go to the Labour Office at the Town Hall and then we will get through. I have applied many times, I passed the drug tests, I have my certificate as a mason but still, I cannot get work. We are honest people and we want to make an honest day work. We do not want to rob and thief to mind our families,” Mohammed said.

Contacted for comment, Mayor Abdon Mason denied that foreigners were being hired at the job site. Told that Spanish speaking men were seen on the site, Mason said the project is almost completed and he was certain that many residents from Point Fortin had received work.

He said the “failed protest” outside the community centre was “a total political machination.”

“They want to make an issue where none exist. People who apply for work and who are skilled, qualified and have a good police certificate of good character will get work as long as they pass the drug tests,” Mason said.

Meanwhile, Grantly Wells, one of three contractors employed at the site denied that Venezuelans were given first preference for work. He said a large number of people from Point Fortin were hired. Told of complaints that National Insurance contributions were not being paid, Wells invited the media to come and inspect his books. He said his records clearly showed that payments were being made. Wells also denied that health and safety rules were being violated. He said a health and safety officer was always present on site.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/techier-residents-say-venezuelans-being-favoured-6.2.926723.aeeb3c24d3

I dont see a problem here at all.

Trinis eh wake up yet. They are too stubborn to understand why Venezuelans are given preference over them for obvious reasons.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 14th, 2019, 6:17 pm

Ministra del Trabajo: “Debe considerarse a los venezolanos en la nueva política migratoria”
Por
Ryan Hamilton-Davis

Los peligros que enfrentan los migrantes, como los miles de venezolanos que huyeron a TT a principios de este año, deben considerarse al redactar una política de migración laboral.

Este fue el llamamiento de la Ministra de Trabajo y Desarrollo de Pequeñas Empresas, Jennifer Baptiste-Primus, a los accionistas en una consulta en el Hilton el viernes.

"Con 150 millones de trabajadores migrantes en todo el mundo, la política debe tener en cuenta todos los peligros asociados con la migración, incluidos, entre otros, la explotación, la trata de personas, la prostitución y similares", dijo Baptiste-Primus.

Dijo que estos riesgos se tienen que considerar profundamente, como en política, sería la herramienta con la que el gobierno podría proteger a los inmigrantes que entran en el país y que les dejan en TT encontrar una vida mejor que en otra parte.

Las partes interesadas en la consulta incluyeron a los funcionarios del THA, la Organización Internacional del Trabajo, la Organización Internacional de Migración y Representantes de la Cámara de Industria y Comercio.
Baptiste-Primus, les pidió que lo piensen políticamente a lo largo de las líneas del marco legislativo y reglamentario institucional imprescindible, la necesidad de datos coherentes y oportunos, cómo facilitar la contribución al desarrollo nacional de los ciudadanos de TT empleados en el extranjero, cómo dar a los inmigrantes servicios sociales y cómo administrar la migración regional de mano de obra.

La política también debe cumplir con los requisitos de los Objetivos de Desarrollo Sostenible de las Naciones Unidas para 2030, señaló Baptiste-Primus.

"Una política de migración nacional robusta garantizará que los efectos positivos de este fenómeno se maximizen y los efectos negativos se mitiguen". Estos problemas se establecerán la base del discurso que involucramos hoy", dijo.

La política reemplazará una ley de 119 años de antigüedad, modificada hace 89 años, la Ley de Reclutamiento de Trabajadores.

Traduccion de Grevic Alvarad

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/09/14/ministra-del-trabajo-debe-considerarse-a-los-venezolanos-en-la-nueva-politica-migratoria/

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 15th, 2019, 8:29 pm

Video Link Below:

The Displaced: When 40,000 desperate Venezuelans hit a tiny island

Four million people have fled Venezuela, as the country continues to face economic and political crisis.

40,000 have gone to the small Caribbean islands of Trinidad and Tobago, just seven miles off the coast.

But life isn’t easy for those who arrive, and some locals have made it clear they’re not welcome. The BBC’s Ashley John-Baptiste went to find out more.

Video by Olivia Lace-Evans

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-latin-america-49690353/the-displaced-when-40000-desperate-venezuelans-hit-a-tiny-island

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » September 15th, 2019, 8:59 pm

Yankee trying hard for that vene oil and gas...
Expecting more propaganda as time goes by...
Also how BBC get 40000¿
I think de actual number, is one we rather not know...

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 15th, 2019, 9:10 pm

That mini-documentary is painting the current government with very bad watercolors. They really have failed with this refugee crisis. Not that hypothetically speaking any other party in power wouldn't make it such a shitshow spectacle as well because it is such a vastly complicated issue, but our mentality really have us stuck in third world forever.

How come we didn't seek international help as the Cedros Councillor stated? How come there is no legislation concerning the protection of refugees and asylum seekers despite adopting the UN resolution New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants? How come there has been a "bury your head in the sand and everything will pass us and be ok" attitude by authorities about the entire situation? There are dozens of refugees landing here illegally at many locations every single day, and yet the government has made no further advances than that registration stunt in June.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » September 15th, 2019, 9:28 pm

^^^If we accept assistance from outsiders, then those same outsiders will begin to call the shots in your home country. Rowley piss of them yankees when he refused to help in the invasion of Venezuela, so now de imperialist go bend him.
You feel bbc care about Venezuelans immigrants?
How come their reporting on the massacres that occurred in iraq, lybia, afganistan and syria are almost non existent in the mainstream news?
Or how about the US immigration policies, that had lead to the death of many illegal immigrants and their children?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 15th, 2019, 9:32 pm

I'm not talking about US help. UN help because they do have policies, advisors and resources to deal with a humanitarian refugee crisis. Accepting aid from the UN would be different from a specific foreign country telling us what to do, and then that's why you have round-table meetings to agree on how to move forward and decide what suggestions to accept. I thought that was what governments of modern civilization do.

btw the BBC does report on all of the above you stated.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”