Forums

LGBT celebrate High Court ruling- to be appealed

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: LGBT celebrate High Court ruling on Buggery Law- to be appealed

Postby 88sins » June 13th, 2018, 11:21 am

The_Honourable wrote:We need to have referendums which should be under the Office of the President when it comes to Constitutional matters and Acts. The LGBTQ issue would have been dealt with here.

Once the President declares a referendum, the EBC oversees the process where 3 months after deceleration, the country can vote. Once a decision is made, to keep the existing, we have to abide by it. If a decision is to make new or amend laws, the Parliament is forced to produce a bill within one year of the vote with special protections (such as it would not be allowed to lapse in parliament).

All well & good, makes a lot of sense, but it have a not-so-small fly in d ointment...
like yuh forget where dis is owa? dis is chinidad & tobaygo boi, nuttn dat makes sense happens here.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » July 9th, 2018, 6:51 am

Should the goodly Judge be waxing political here?...:?

Presbyterians silent on same sex unions

Radhica Sookraj
Monday, July 9, 2018

Months after the landmark ruling on T&T buggery laws, a High Court judge yesterday criticised the Presbyterian church for being silent on the issue of same-sex unions.

Justice Frank Seepersad appealed to Presbyterians to display the tolerance, equality and love of Jesus Christ to members of the LGBTQI community in his address at the Sushamachar Presbyterian Church’s 147th anniversary celebrations.

He told them to stop being “pew warmers” and start being “selfless Christian soldiers.”

“Within the recent past, we have seen faith-based organisations join in a national conversation in relation to same-sex unions. That conversation was characterised by attitudes of intolerance and hate. Where was the voice of the Presbyterian church on this issue?” he asked.

“We need to remember the life lived by Christ. He embraced the prostitute, attended the home of the despised tax collector and he said, ‘He who is without sin cast the first stone’.”

Seepersad added: “As a believing people, our position on issues of import has to reflect the spirit of Christ and as we formulate a vision for the future, unconditional love, tolerance, equality, and equanimity must be the mantra which resonates within our hearts and is reflected in our actions.

“We have to remember that we are all God’s children and the equality with which he sees us should always apply in relation to how we see each other.”

Justice Seepersad said he was concerned that the vision of the Presbyterian Church and the country had become obscured.

“We are now at crossroads. The less optimistic among us feel that the church’s future is grim and that the nation is on the verge of becoming a failed state,” he said

“We can’t lose focus or hope and we have to take control. We need to understand that with God’s grace and guidance a glorious future awaits us.”

Contacted for comment yesterday, Moderator of the Presbyterian Church Rev Annabelle Lalla denied that the church was silent on the same sex issue.

“That is his opinion. I want to know which Presbyterian church he holds membership in. If you belong to an organisation it is unethical to be slamming the organisation. He is a citizen and he is entitled to his opinion but we have not been silent on the issue of same-sex unions,” she said

“When I was elected in 2015, I did speak to the media on the matter. We recently issued a press statement on the topic and we had a first gathering of the committee set up by the Synod to look at the matter so we can make a statement on it.”

Lalla added: “One cannot speak in ignorance about sensitive topics. Before you make a statement you must educate yourself and your membership first, then you could go making statements.”

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2018-07-08/presbyterians-silent-same-sex-unions

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 9th, 2018, 11:19 am

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 9th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Essentially...
Attachments
36823175_929220693929038_499999262008934400_n.jpg

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » July 9th, 2018, 12:13 pm

Models abused by 'flamboyant' men at band launch

Models display costumes from Paparazzi’s 2019 Carnival presentation: La Belle Epoque (A Beautiful Era), on Saturday night, at Fatima College Grounds, Mucurapo. The section costumes from left are "Ballet Russe", "Absinthe" and "Victoire".

A group of female models endured a distasteful verbal attack from a group of men at the launch of mas band Paparazzi’s 2019 Carnival presentation, La Belle Epoque (A Beautiful Era), on Saturday night at Fatima College grounds, Mucurapo.

About a dozen flamboyantly-dressed men gathered together and hurled sexist and derogatory remarks at the costume-clad women when they made their entrance atop a trailer truck just after midnight.

The men repeatedly referred to the models as “whores” and “beyotches”, much to the visible distaste of party-goers within earshot.

One young man wearing women’s heels called over and over for the models to expose their anatomy.

Bandleader shocked, disappointed

Paparazzi bandleader Tracey Andre said she was not initially aware of the incident, and expressed shock and disappointment it was not brought to her attention on the night.

Models display costumes from Paparazzi’s 2019 Carnival presentation: La Belle Epoque (A Beautiful Era), on Saturday night, at Fatima College Grounds, Mucurapo.

“Our band is about inclusivity. We want to make sure everybody feels welcomed, so to hear that is shocking and very disappointing. People who know me and how I run my band know if someone brought that to my attention I would have dealt with it immediately,” Andre told the Express via telephone yesterday.

Designers Alejandro Go­mez, Karlene Ballah, Jener­lee Ramnarine, Anya Ali, Farida Ali-Mootiram, Lizz Dahlin and Christine Sadler combined talents to bring the presentation to colourful life with their interpretations of Absinthe, Amore, Ballet Russe, Bourgeois, Cabaret, Champagne, Couture, Forged, Joie de Vivre, Lustre, Poiret, Royals and Victoire.

‘Not all gay men act like that’

immediately,” Andre told the Express via telephone yesterday.

Designers Alejandro Go­mez, Karlene Ballah, Jener­lee Ramnarine, Anya Ali, Farida Ali-Mootiram, Lizz Dahlin and Christine Sadler combined talents to bring the presentation to colourful life with their interpretations of Absinthe, Amore, Ballet Russe, Bourgeois, Cabaret, Champagne, Couture, Forged, Joie de Vivre, Lustre, Poiret, Royals and Victoire.

‘Not all gay men act like that’

Get caught up with news from the news leader
Subscribe now and get access to the Trinidad Express E-paper
The unfortunate incident was the only sour spot on an otherwise well-organised presentation by the Corneilo Street, Woodbrook, band. The band’s 13-section ­presentation was met with favourable cheers from the sizeable crowd.

Executive director of the Coalition Advocating for the Inclusion of Sexual Orientation (CAISO) Colin Robinson said it should be known that not all gay men act in such an abusive manner.

Robinson questioned if the men in question were even in fact gay, and refused to comment further on the incident.

“Every time a Hindu misbehaves, do you call Sat (Maharaj)? I wasn’t there so I don’t know what the context of what was being said was, but I don’t see this as a ­story and I don’t see the need to comment,” the gay rights activist told the ­Express ­yesterday.

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/local/models-abused-by-flamboyant-men-at-band-launch/article_e20eb336-8376-11e8-8310-6f748f2fd38c.html

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » July 9th, 2018, 12:24 pm

"Not all gay men are like that"...:lol:

Aren't these the same people quick to brand all who express their disagreement with alternative lifestyles as "homophobic", "haters", "intolerant" and so on?

Dem mofos too "funny" yes.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 9th, 2018, 1:07 pm

K74T wrote:
[b][size=150]

ah kno some random weirdo gonna have a issue wit dis point eh,
allyuh eh find dat ting in d blue & yellow costume lookin a lil overly mannish for a supposed female model?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 9th, 2018, 5:34 pm

So... these flaming males was jealous of the biologically female models :lol:

88sins wrote:ah kno some random weirdo gonna have a issue wit dis point eh,
allyuh eh find dat ting in d blue & yellow costume lookin a lil overly mannish for a supposed female model?

See what you saying, it kinda strong but she could be legit.

I think we need a DNA test app fast to navigate out here.
Last edited by The_Honourable on July 9th, 2018, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 9th, 2018, 5:39 pm

sMASH: Thank you for this. That is the nonsense people want to encourage in T&T.

sMASH wrote:

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » July 10th, 2018, 9:29 am

How bout: Dear people?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 10th, 2018, 9:37 am

Miktay wrote:How bout: Dear people?

that would offend the transspecies crowd, so no

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » July 10th, 2018, 9:59 am

88sins wrote:
K74T wrote:
[b][size=150]

ah kno some random weirdo gonna have a issue wit dis point eh,

inb4 feminine penis jokes

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 10th, 2018, 1:04 pm

88sins wrote:

i identify as an Apache attack helicopter... i will be offended.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » July 10th, 2018, 1:57 pm

sMASH wrote:
88sins wrote:

i identify as an Apache attack helicopter... i will be offended.

Yes. Thats the humorous approach of a well known North American activist.

How bout: Dear Earthlings?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 10th, 2018, 3:27 pm

It would offend the aliens

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 10th, 2018, 3:28 pm

... and extra dimensionals

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 10th, 2018, 4:04 pm

Models abused by 'flamboyant' men at band launch.

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/local/models-abused-by-flamboyant-men-at-band-launch/article_e20eb336-8376-11e8-8310-6f748f2fd38c.html

Real rant and rave on the social media between a gay and miss Bernard...

Bernard got da juice tho

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » July 10th, 2018, 5:51 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Models abused by 'flamboyant' men at band launch.

Real rant and rave on the social media between a gay and miss Bernard...

Bernard got da juice tho

It appears the militant leftist batty man possee has arrived in sweet T&T.

Right on schedule.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » July 10th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Look dem dey...

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: LGBT march - High Court to rule on Buggery Law April 12th

Postby The_Honourable » July 21st, 2018, 3:20 pm

The_Honourable wrote:This is the BS we might have to deal with in the future?

Universities are rolling out rules on gender-neutral pronouns. Do you know how to use 'Ze', 'Zer', 'Xie' and "Hir' in sentences?

Liberals have found their new target. They want to remove all 'MAN' words.

Adding another to the series...

Parents no longer want 'babies'. They want 'theybies'. Your theyby will decide their gender later on in life.

Baby experts now say you should ask your baby for permission before you change its diaper.

"We don't want litle patriarchs fulls of toxic masculinity". Liberal Sherpa supports 'toxic masculinity' training in kindergarten.

Are you woke right now? How do I know if I am woke or not? How do you measure wokeness? What should I do if I suspect my child isn’t woke yet? What’s the difference between being un-woke and actually just fast asleep? So many questions...

At a New Jersey high school, girls once had to try out for the cheer team. But one mother complained after her daughter didn't make the team. in response, officials ordered the team to accept everybody, without tryouts. What do YOU think?

'Cry Closets' on campus. Does YOUR college or workplace need one?

A girl just wanted to wear a pretty dress to the prom. Then the cultural appropriation police got her.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 21st, 2018, 8:50 pm

You on Facebook too much hoss. You getting a heart attack over this nonsense? Just ignore it. People make videos like this to get reactions and feels.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » July 22nd, 2018, 10:18 am

LOL! Damn, nine video links though?

Man, this sheit is VERY upsetting to some folk?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 22nd, 2018, 1:03 pm

Well ah mean, don't want to make a post for each video lol.

It's upsetting all over. We going to deal with those issues sooner than you think here in Trini.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 22nd, 2018, 7:18 pm

Since when did appreciation & liking a culture other than the original culture of your ethnicity become this negative thing they call "cultural appropriation"?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 22nd, 2018, 10:33 pm

88sins wrote:Since when did appreciation & liking a culture other than the original culture of your ethnicity become this negative thing they call "cultural appropriation"?

Since hypersensitive idiots started believing that they owned hairstyles, food, dress etc.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 23rd, 2018, 10:44 am

thankfully a clinical psychologist named Jordan Peterson is standing up against this nonsense. will look for some videos later when I'm home

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 23rd, 2018, 2:36 pm

redmanjp wrote:thankfully a clinical psychologist named Jordan Peterson is standing up against this nonsense. will look for some videos later when I'm home

he's been at it a while, but i doubt he go gt. iirc I believe he had a few cases pending in Canada for not calling a dude in makeup by some female name/pronoun/whatever after the C16 fiasco. not sure whatever happened if the case still pending or not.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 23rd, 2018, 7:59 pm

I don't think he was ever actually caught breaking that law, he just said he would refuse to obey it, although he would and has called trans ppl by their preferred pronoun, depending on what he thought their motivation for it was.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 23rd, 2018, 8:11 pm

This is one of the popular interviews with him where he spoke about it, among other things

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 23rd, 2018, 9:20 pm

he did say that would refer to people by their preferred name, its just that he is against making that a legal requirement, with punishment if u dont.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”