The official tropical weather thread 2018

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: The official tropical weather thread 2018

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 19th, 2018, 9:46 pm

Gladiator wrote:
bluefete wrote:Edit: ODPM seems to be working overtime.

Say what yuh want, Shakes, all now so, Tantie Kams was outside looking out for people.

Where is the red and ready? Hinds and Imbert living pon hill, dem doh care.

Things are really, really bad out there and there is no leadership at this time.

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Idk what kinda response we have from authorities nah...not one person come on a radio station and address people, advise people where not to pass etc etc, people stranded on the pbr...send some busses help ah situation...I think this is going to be worse than Bret and be written down in our history books
Boy...people still jam up on the PBR and the highway clear with no water. And all the radio station playing music

Brethren idk nah...cpt wint sound dumb as ever in his "address" @ 7pm...up to now stand still traffic all over and not one bulletin on our air waves, not one piece of advice...I drove through major parts in the heart of Grande a while ago...place is totally fcked...thank god im far from all of it...I real feel it for those people...shitkickers and he boys rock back normal

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 19th, 2018, 9:50 pm

How the heck did we get so much rain?

Outside my gate the mainroad not even 3 ton trucks could pass now. If you see that normally plenty people walking every year when it has flood, this time nobody has the belly. The mainroad is now like the caroni river, deep deep water and crazy current. Nobody eh wa no part of that

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 19th, 2018, 9:57 pm

U need a crash course in the rain cycle?

Getting the rain is not the issue, managing it when it dies fall is what we need to do.

And tanty kama box drains not going to cut it in the higher than average rainfall events.

And we need to build infrastructure that can handle hurricane level water.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » October 19th, 2018, 10:00 pm

IMG_0608.JPG

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 19th, 2018, 10:04 pm

But why we not seeing the Army and stuff?

We at catastrophe level right now all over. I think this flooding is a wake up call to all the red and ready PNM people to truly see the incompetence and dotishness of the PNM. Absolutely nothing is being done with regards to cleaning and maintaining rivers and drains.

According to Rowley, cleaning rivers etc is a waste of tax payers money. On the surface you may think he has a point but in reality when something like this happens you realize the importance of things like this.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 19th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Ah hope Baldylocks polishing up he sh!tkickers and eh run away to Tobago like last time. Is real places he hadda tour over the next few days...:|

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » October 19th, 2018, 10:17 pm

Just tuning in. Anybody could confirm the rumor of a storm watch now in effect?

wx_klb
Street 2NR

Postby wx_klb » October 19th, 2018, 10:34 pm

speedist wrote:Just tuning in. Anybody could confirm the rumor of a storm watch now in effect?

Adverse Weather Alert & Riverine Flood Alert

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » October 19th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Prado will pass through normal...no need for gear

blitz83
Street 2NR

Postby blitz83 » October 19th, 2018, 10:43 pm

speedist wrote:Just tuning in. Anybody could confirm the rumor of a storm watch now in effect?

Yuh cud post on tuner but can't do a Google search to verify?

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » October 19th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Two disasters in one year under growley whey boy that man need some blue soap.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » October 19th, 2018, 10:56 pm

Buhhh ent only lagoon does flood....burrrr

WarrLordd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby WarrLordd » October 19th, 2018, 11:11 pm

Shitty situation

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 19th, 2018, 11:44 pm

No. There are currently no named storms.

two_atl_5d0.png

The ITCZ is active in our area so we can expect more rain and tropical waves in the coming days.

Atl_Tropics.gif

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » October 19th, 2018, 11:44 pm

What shyt you talking, how can you manage that amount of water.....

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 19th, 2018, 11:47 pm

If u build it to try to handle that amount if water, then when u get this amount, it should be no problem.

But mostly, it would entail a lot of settlements being moved.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 20th, 2018, 12:13 am

Dunno why this video recorded so guys but this is my situation and water has gone up since I recorded this video

Things look grim here guys

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 20th, 2018, 12:31 am

If that's u speaking, that is just how I had imagined u speaking. Lol

But hard luck... Greenvale get it more rough, and matlotte get cut off.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 20th, 2018, 1:57 am

Its way worse now since I took that video, we had to rescue our neighbor who lives in a flat house next door, the government say they are sending a boat for him and his family, but no sign of that boat as yet. First they said they will send an Army Truck then they said the water is too high for the truck to pass so now they switched it to a boat so I dunno waiting to see.

The water is at neck level now but I couldn't leave him stranded with his grandchild so I just dived in and be done with it. Had to tie rope and thing to my chest to prevent myself from floating away in the current, yes it is that powerful

My brother's EK3 and Hilux are both completely ruined submerged in water. He real worried now about if the vehicles will even be able to fix at this point.
Right now is a matter of life and death here anyways. From the looks of it the flood is aiming to come upstairs, yes that is how high the flood is just like that every few hours its gaining huge rise in water level then settling making you feel that is the end of it and then just like that it raises again at an insane speed.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » October 20th, 2018, 2:03 am

well doh dredge no rivers and see what happen
some idiot will say people dump stuff in the rivers but most of the stuff come from when water overflow onto the land and pick up the sheit

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 20th, 2018, 2:15 am

hong kong phooey wrote:well doh dredge no rivers and see what happen
some idiot will say people dump stuff in the rivers but most of the stuff come from when water overflow onto the land and pick up the sheit

Man this sheit is crazy, can't believe Rowley stopped maintaining rivers because he thinks it is a waste of tax payers money

This is my yard right now, we NEVER had a flood like this in history.

Keep in mind that Civic is on a HIGH ground that we filled with dirt so the car won't get water when it floods. Now I eh know what to do, Army say they can't come here and the boat they promised is nowhere in sight and the water keeps rising and rising. We have a neighbor and his toddler grandchild trapped at our house with nowhere to run.

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » October 20th, 2018, 3:26 am

prior to all the damages i was getting meh kicks with you when you first reported it but bredren this is ridiculous now jed! try and keep the family safe and very noble thing you did for the neighbor pal

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 20th, 2018, 6:29 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Its way worse now since I took that video, we had to rescue our neighbor who lives in a flat house next door, the government say they are sending a boat for him and his family, but no sign of that boat as yet. First they said they will send an Army Truck then they said the water is too high for the truck to pass so now they switched it to a boat so I dunno waiting to see.

The water is at neck level now but I couldn't leave him stranded with his grandchild so I just dived in and be done with it. Had to tie rope and thing to my chest to prevent myself from floating away in the current, yes it is that powerful

My brother's EK3 and Hilux are both completely ruined submerged in water. He real worried now about if the vehicles will even be able to fix at this point.
Right now is a matter of life and death here anyways. From the looks of it the flood is aiming to come upstairs, yes that is how high the flood is just like that every few hours its gaining huge rise in water level then settling making you feel that is the end of it and then just like that it raises again at an insane speed.
Where is this bro?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 20th, 2018, 6:32 am

^ dude its El Carmen, Piarco

Here this my neighbor has a grandchild toddler is stranded by us and they need to get the child to Trincity by her parents. The last resort is Mausica

Can they send a Container Truck or something through mausica? What size of Truck we looking at?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 20th, 2018, 6:50 am

The unc neighbor ?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 20th, 2018, 6:55 am

sMASH wrote:The unc neighbor ?

no the PNM one

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 20th, 2018, 6:56 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ dude its El Carmen, Piarco

Here this my neighbor has a grandchild toddler is stranded by us and they need to get the child to Trincity by her parents. The last resort is Mausica

Can they send a Container Truck or something through mausica? What size of Truck we looking at?
I mean a rescue truck?

The puoblrm with driving in flood waters is that u can't tell where the depressions are, and could turn over. It best for shallow water craft like dinghies and jet skis.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 20th, 2018, 6:57 am

ED, I real feeling it for allyuh. ODPM not prepared for any disaster ,all they do is send out alerts. They supposed to coordinate with the protective services and have dinghys and boats on standby for these situations to rescue the affected. Suppose you couldn't swim and living in a flat house?
Don't worry about the cars. Just don't try to start them until the cylinders are opened. In the civic, take out the spark plugs before you tumble the engine to expel the water. In the Hilux , remove the glow plugs. Just clean and dry all the electrical /electronic components before attempting to start. The mats and seats can be done after.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 20th, 2018, 7:05 am

rspann wrote:ED, I real feeling it for allyuh. ODPM not prepared for any disaster ,all they do is send out alerts. They supposed to coordinate with the protective services and have dinghys and boats on standby for these situations to rescue the affected. Suppose you couldn't swim and living in a flat house?
Don't worry about the cars. Just don't try to start them until the cylinders are opened. In the civic, take out the spark plugs before you tumble the engine to expel the water. In the Hilux , remove the glow plugs. Just clean and dry all the electrical /electronic components before attempting to start. The mats and seats can be done after.

ok thanks I will tell my brother. I not sure about the condition of the ECU in the civic but he will take it out and dry it out.

The Hilux is a 2007 model, hopefully it doesn't have too much electronics since its Diesel 5FWD

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 20th, 2018, 7:05 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Dunno why this video recorded so guys but this is my situation and water has gone up since I recorded this video

Things look grim here guys

De phorq...:shock:

Cannot begin to imagine what you and the neighbours going through. Weather looks a little better this morning, hopefully it will subside soon.

Hold tight.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”