TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Massy Stores to charge 50 cents for plastic bags from July 4...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Massy Stores to charge 50 cents for plastic bags from July 4...

Postby zoom rader » April 25th, 2018, 7:34 am

That's nothing new. In the UK they charge you 10p a bag. But it's a charge in favour of the environment. Here in trini it's pure greed

Advertisement

Phone Surgeon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Phone Surgeon » April 25th, 2018, 1:41 pm

zoom rader wrote:That's nothing new. In the UK they charge you 10p a bag. But it's a charge in favour of the environment. Here in trini it's pure greed

they should charge $5 a bag so people know for sure they not buying any bag and will walk with their reusable bag

redmanjp
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby redmanjp » April 25th, 2018, 1:43 pm

But are they selling reusable bags?

Gem_in_i
Shifting into 6th

Postby Gem_in_i » April 25th, 2018, 1:56 pm

redmanjp wrote:But are they selling reusable bags?

Yea

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 25th, 2018, 2:55 pm

I taking my groceries jus so. N
Ill put it on my trunk normal normal. No plastic bag no reusable bag. Fack massy.

hydroep
punchin NOS

Postby hydroep » April 25th, 2018, 7:07 pm

...thought it over and this really is a good idea. They shouldn't stop at bags. They should charge people a fee for buying products in plastic bottles too since those things does clog up drains and cause flooding...plus they form the bulk of the Pacific Garbage Patch.

$ 2.00 per bottle ought to do it. And if yuh doh want to pay that buy some refillable "Massy Bottles", toss them in your reusable "Massy Bags" and tote them along to your environmentally conscious "Massy Store".

Save the planet yo!...:|

Rovin
punchin NOS

Postby Rovin » April 25th, 2018, 7:37 pm

all d companies have to do get rid of plastic bottles is offer a 25 cents return refund like its done with beer bottles ....

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » April 25th, 2018, 7:49 pm

From my interactions with other ppl,
Most pissed and think it is a profit scheme

Is massy gonna stop selling high plastic usage items
E.g. Soft drinks, water, meat packaging?
What about female hygiene products ?

paid_influencer
Sweet on this forum

Postby paid_influencer » April 25th, 2018, 9:10 pm

massy is a publicly-traded for-profit corporation. the management has a legal responsibility to seek out opportunities to increase profit for shareholders.

sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sMASH » April 25th, 2018, 10:45 pm

allyuh could afford to shop at masey stores?
good for allyuh

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 26th, 2018, 12:46 am

sMASH wrote:allyuh could afford to shop at masey stores?
good for allyuh

Nahin, only go there when we get company vouchers. Xtra Foods / JTA bizness odderwise.

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » April 26th, 2018, 3:10 am

paid_influencer wrote:massy is a publicly-traded for-profit corporation. the management has a legal responsibility to seek out opportunities to increase profit for shareholders.

The majority of share holders are 1%,

hydroep
punchin NOS

Postby hydroep » April 26th, 2018, 3:24 am

zoom rader wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:massy is a publicly-traded for-profit corporation. the management has a legal responsibility to seek out opportunities to increase profit for shareholders.

The majority of share holders are 1%,

Stores are supposed to provide bags as a convenience i.e. it's part of the product/service they offer. What they're trying to do here is pass that cost onto the consumer in a smart-man kinda way.

As a point of fact it is those same companies who moved from bio-degradable paper bags to plastic ones because they were cheaper i.e. less costs = more profit. And now that plastic packaging fugging up the planet big time they want consumers to bear the cost of rectifying a problem they created. So don't try to feed the public no "we doing this because it is good for the environment" rhetoric ... dais utter BS.

Yuh want to save the planet? Go back to paper bags, absorb the cost and hush yuh arse. End of story...:|

Les Bain
punchin NOS

Postby Les Bain » April 26th, 2018, 9:29 am

Are they charging for the little plastic bags they use to keep certain meat and dairy products from rubbing up on each other?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 26th, 2018, 10:17 am

De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:allyuh could afford to shop at masey stores?
good for allyuh

Nahin, only go there when we get company vouchers. Xtra Foods / JTA bizness odderwise.
But xtra foods more expensive than Massy.

Ben_spanna
Riding on 18's

Postby Ben_spanna » April 26th, 2018, 10:19 am

Just walk with your own bags, or boycott them and shop elsewhere.... what allyuh making massy look like criminal for- you have a choice- use it and Shut up....................

paid_influencer
Sweet on this forum

Postby paid_influencer » April 26th, 2018, 10:40 am

hopefully massy gets less crowded. too many low-class riff raffs in there these days.

riff raff complaining about a dollar or two extra for bags. let them go to a budget grocery where they will feel more comfortable

ruffneck_12
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby ruffneck_12 » April 26th, 2018, 11:03 am

wa 50 cent do massy?

Why they charging one man for all dem plastic bag?

Rovin
punchin NOS

Postby Rovin » April 26th, 2018, 11:14 am

is how a doubles man cud afford to sell u a single doubles for $5 which includes greaseproof paper , a paper bag & a napkin but big biznis [who already have their products priced higher than most others] dont want to provide a paper bag for its customers which can be already included in d cost of d items , they want to hide under d guise of saving d environment

b4 anybody say paper bags = cutting down trees : they can use recycle paper to make paper bags ...

Les Bain
punchin NOS

Postby Les Bain » April 26th, 2018, 11:20 am

It's baffling why this island never embraced the recycling initiative. If we did that back when Trinidad was a sleepy little country, we'd have been in a better environmental state than we are in at present.

maj. tom
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby maj. tom » April 26th, 2018, 11:20 am

It was pointed out before that using recycled paper would lead to double/triple bagging and just waste more paper and costs for a big business.

I don't get it. I don't get the nasty attitude this country has toward any sort of environmental initiative. It has to be a big corporation doing it first to set the trend. If your neighbourhood grocery suddenly did this, you would call them all kind of stinkness. Most regular smaller groceries already push paper over plastic bags. They doing this in all other countries, just walk with your own cloth bag. People want to throw fits over it. You don't want to? Then don't go Massy. You feel they care about your boycott? Unbelievable.

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » April 26th, 2018, 11:57 am

maj. tom wrote:It was pointed out before that using recycled paper would lead to double/triple bagging and just waste more paper and costs for a big business.

I don't get it. I don't get the nasty attitude this country has toward any sort of environmental initiative. It has to be a big corporation doing it first to set the trend. If your neighbourhood grocery suddenly did this, you would call them all kind of stinkness. Most regular smaller groceries already push paper over plastic bags. They doing this in all other countries, just walk with your own cloth bag. People want to throw fits over it. You don't want to? Then don't go Massy. You feel they care about your boycott? Unbelievable.

I agree 100%

Although, for Massy to truly set a good example, all monies collected from this 0.50 charge should go toward environmental initiatives.

One thing people don't get about this plastic bag issue is that regardless of if you litter or dispose of them properly. When they make it to a handfill, plastic bags in partiular easily escape the dump due to wind and end up in our occeans. I took had to do some work recently near Sea Lots and if you see plastic in back there and in the occean.

Gem_in_i
Shifting into 6th

Postby Gem_in_i » April 26th, 2018, 12:11 pm

https://propaeats.com/every-hilarious-r ... ouncement/

Is really 5cents a bag costs them? And then they goingcharge 50cents for it?

They should stop using plastic wrap on their vegetables too. And stop using plastic containers for the food and plastic bags for the pastries.

Ben_spanna
Riding on 18's

Postby Ben_spanna » April 26th, 2018, 12:24 pm

Back in the days Hi-Lo used to use dem brown bag to pack allyuh groceries, then some of all yuh fathers used tuh recycle by

putting it over your mother head while they was making all you!

hydroep
punchin NOS

Postby hydroep » April 26th, 2018, 12:43 pm

I think this comment sums up the hypocrisy of the charge:

Mauby Mami
@notyuhgyal_

I'm not sure if Massy Stores is aware of its target audience. You really feel that the people who can afford to shop at Massy care about paying 50 cents per plastic bag? Really? Lol. K den.

They know the majority of people gonna pay the .50 cents...it eh have nothing to do with saving the environment. They're telling a big lie to make big money...:|

nick639v2
Riding on 18's

Postby nick639v2 » April 26th, 2018, 4:19 pm

Daran wrote:
maj. tom wrote:It was pointed out before that using recycled paper would lead to double/triple bagging and just waste more paper and costs for a big business.

I agree 100%

Although, for Massy to truly set a good example, all monies collected from this 0.50 charge should go toward environmental initiatives.

One thing people don't get about this plastic bag issue is that regardless of if you litter or dispose of them properly. When they make it to a handfill, plastic bags in partiular easily escape the dump due to wind and end up in our occeans. I took had to do some work recently near Sea Lots and if you see plastic in back there and in the occean.

But but it degradable

IMG_0208.JPG

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » April 26th, 2018, 4:31 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
Daran wrote:

I agree 100%

But but it degradable

IMG_0208.JPG

Over what time period? Still doesn't stop it from killing sea life.

Les Bain
punchin NOS

Postby Les Bain » April 26th, 2018, 6:42 pm

Depends on sun exposure, I think.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » April 26th, 2018, 8:01 pm

Has corn starch I think

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”