Forums

OnePlus 5 Dual SIM Digicel and Bmobile

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

OnePlus 5 Dual SIM Digicel and Bmobile

Postby Work_to_own » May 1st, 2018, 8:09 pm

Is there anyone using a oneplus 5 with both networks?

I'm having a problem with mine where if i make a call on the Digicel sim, at the end of the call i lose data on the bmobile sim and have to manually toggle it on and off to get it working...

But if i make a call on the bmobile sim, i do not lose data on the Digicel sim .

Both sims are LTE.

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

Re: OnePlus 5 Dual SIM Digicel and Bmobile

Postby Work_to_own » May 2nd, 2018, 11:02 pm

bumppp

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Work_to_own » May 3rd, 2018, 8:27 am

Bump

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » May 3rd, 2018, 12:10 pm

have you tried searching or asking on the oneplus forums?

quietdevil
Riding on 13's

Postby quietdevil » May 3rd, 2018, 1:36 pm

I have a one plus 5 with both network sims installed and I have no issues. Try resetting your networks

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Work_to_own » May 3rd, 2018, 2:15 pm

stev wrote:have you tried searching or asking on the oneplus forums?
Yes I have .I've submitted logs to their bug hunters as well

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Work_to_own » May 3rd, 2018, 2:20 pm

quietdevil wrote:I have a one plus 5 with both network sims installed and I have no issues. Try resetting your networks
Have you tried to replicate the problem ?

Sim 1 (bmobile ) default for data
Sim.2 (Digicel ) default for calls.

If I make a call on the Digicel sim, when the call is ended, data does not return on the bmobile sim. I have to manually toggle mobile data on and off.

What I've noticed is that if the bmobile sim is saying 4G, the data resumes as normal. If the bmobile sim.is saying h+, the problem occurs .

Once way to test it for sure is set your network mode of the bmobile sim to 2g/3g (automatic).

At first I thought it was the phone , but if I reverse the rolls and use the Digicel sim for data and bmobile for calls , the problem doesn't happen.

So now I thought it was the network. Went into a bmobile store and ended up borrowing a Samsung dual SIM to test and I could not replicate the problem. Put the sims back in my phone and I am faces with the problem.

It's a really annoying situation as I use my phone to uber (full time driver ) and I need to be connected at all times.

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Work_to_own » May 3rd, 2018, 2:21 pm

quietdevil wrote:I have a one plus 5 with both network sims installed and I have no issues. Try resetting your networks

If I make a call on the Digicel sim, when the call is ended, data does not return on the bmobile sim. I have to manually toggle mobile data on and off.

What I've noticed is that if the bmobile sim is saying 4G, the data resumes as normal. If the bmobile sim.is saying h+, the problem occurs .

Once way to test it for sure is set your network mode of the bmobile sim to 2g/3g (automatic).

At first I thought it was the phone , but if I reverse the rolls and use the Digicel sim for data and bmobile for calls , the problem doesn't happen.

So now I thought it was the network. Went into a bmobile store and ended up borrowing a Samsung dual SIM to test and I could not replicate the problem. Put the sims back in my phone and I am faces with the problem.

It's a really annoying situation as I use my phone to uber (full time driver ) and I need to be connected at all times.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » May 3rd, 2018, 2:26 pm

Work_to_own wrote:

weeyz,

when did this start happening? since last update or it always happen?

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Work_to_own » May 3rd, 2018, 2:30 pm

stev wrote:
Work_to_own wrote:

weeyz,

when did this start happening? since last update or it always happen?
I started using the dual.sim on 8.0. before I was strictly Digicel.

I've updated to 8.1 and the promblem persists.

quietdevil
Riding on 13's

Postby quietdevil » May 4th, 2018, 8:43 am

Work_to_own wrote:

my config sim 1 bmobile, sim 2 digicel. bmobile is calls and data, sim 2 is calls only. My data icon shows as a "H" next to the bmobile antenna display. No issues. It may be a physical issue with your phone if it does not occur when u switch sims

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Work_to_own » May 4th, 2018, 9:04 am

quietdevil wrote:
Work_to_own wrote:

my config sim 1 bmobile, sim 2 digicel. bmobile is calls and data, sim 2 is calls only. My data icon shows as a "H" next to the bmobile antenna display. No issues. It may be a physical issue with your phone if it does not occur when u switch sims
So when you get a call on the Digicel sim , your data works fine on the bmobile sim?

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » May 4th, 2018, 12:09 pm

b mobile sim cards kinda dotish eh. had an issue with my moms dual sim blu had b mobile as the sub sim and it refused to work properly until i put it in the main slot. the issue may as well be the sim itself. have you tried another b mobile sim card?

quietdevil
Riding on 13's

Postby quietdevil » May 4th, 2018, 1:43 pm

Work_to_own wrote:
quietdevil wrote:
Work_to_own wrote:

So when you get a call on the Digicel sim , your data works fine on the bmobile sim?

When one sim is activated either using or receiving a call then incoming calls from the other sim is halted. But my data still works, so if I am using the digicel sim i can still browse using data from the bmobile sim.

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Work_to_own » May 4th, 2018, 1:47 pm

quietdevil wrote:
Work_to_own wrote:
quietdevil wrote:
Work_to_own wrote:

When one sim is activated either using or receiving a call then incoming calls from the other sim is halted. But my data still works, so if I am using the digicel sim i can still browse using data from the bmobile sim.
I would really like if at some point we could meet and probably swap Sims or something to troubleshoot.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 4th, 2018, 2:06 pm

^^^

Just get an iPhone .

Iphone is God.

Iphone is Thanos.

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » May 4th, 2018, 3:04 pm