Forums

UNC 2.0?!?!?!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: UNC 2.0?!?!?!

Postby paid_influencer » October 27th, 2020, 6:51 pm

elec2020 wrote:Stuart seem most likely. Not fond of the guy but compared to Imbert and Al Rawi.... yh. If they feeling to embrace the calls for greater female representation (which i find is stupid. I believe if you good for the job you get it. Not because of what between your legs or what race you are) they may go for Jerlean John or Baptise-Primus. I think Manning to young in the game to be PM. He ain't even make a year in parliament yet.

My bet is the PNM smart enough to bring in Mariano Browne as the new leader. There is no reason why it has to be somebody already in Parliament. Mariano Browne is the perfect successor to Rowley - well known, highly charismatic, squeaky clean, visibly and reliably PNM, and most of all he has a strong finance and economic background - something sure to sell after 10 years of Rowley.

Remember the power behind the PNM is not the politicians. It is the party infrastructure. They will select who they want, Rowley be damned.

Going to tack back to this post in 2025 when I am proven right.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » October 27th, 2020, 7:05 pm

eliteauto wrote:Moonilal not in the running

What? Find that surprising. Good move for the party though.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 27th, 2020, 7:08 pm

Mariano Browne would make a brilliant addition. I always felt that the best people to lead the country should be economists. But who knows if he burnt some bridges before he left. On some of the podcasts i have seen him on he does sound a bit bitter and is very critical of some of the ministers. And we already know trini people petty

Hwells
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Hwells » October 27th, 2020, 7:22 pm

people talking about elections 4years and 10 months away?

like really the time to do something was the month ago.

so much things could change from now till 2025

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 27th, 2020, 7:43 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:
K74T wrote:I nominate Zoomindranath Raderaj.

Lol
Two lick arse red Goverment kants all in one place

Zoom Ramrader, who you supporting for leader amongst these 3? Give us an actual answer for once instead of bringing up the pnm again.

Kams
Moonilal
Vasant
No Creole in the runnings, so dem injun not getting no support from me

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 27th, 2020, 8:02 pm

elec2020 wrote:Mariano Browne would make a brilliant addition. I always felt that the best people to lead the country should be economists. But who knows if he burnt some bridges before he left. On some of the podcasts i have seen him on he does sound a bit bitter and is very critical of some of the ministers. And we already know trini people petty

Big fan of Mariano Browne, and also what's interesting is that he and Vasant are good friends (or used to be), would make that election very interesting, would support either of them.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 27th, 2020, 8:29 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
elec2020 wrote:If Kamla wins and Rowley stays UNC may lose the next GE. If Rowley goes and Kamla wins i can see UNC wining the mext GE as PNM does not have a likeable replacement for Rowley.

They have two very good contenders, Stuart Young and Brian Manning.

Young, despite my criticism of him, is quite smart and would make a good leader. Brian is a fairly bright guy as well, but I do not think Rowley and his backers will like him taking control.

These are the scenarios I foresee for 2025:

Stuart vs Kamla - PMN win
Brian vs Kamla - PNM win
Stuart vs Vasant - UNC win but tight race as they both appeal to the swing undecided voters
Brian vs Vasant - UNC win
unknown PNM vs unknown UNC - ??? perhaps UNC, once Kamla or someone in her cabal is not leader UNC will most likely win

Keep in mind race still plays a big part. Although progressive, putting a non-black leader over a "black party" will cause tension especially among the grassroots. There are many pnmites who don't like Stuart because he came into the party "juss so" and "just d other day" while a lot of grassroots who in the party for decades and capable afro candidates who won their seats got side stepped. Loyalty (blind?) and race is what kept the party together. Stuart, Imbert, etc knows that there are many pnmites who don't like them but will vote for party above all else.

UNC is more capable of putting a non-indo at the helm and pulling it off. Jack Warner could have been the next political leader of the UNC if he didn't fall from grace with the FIFA bobol. Winning Chaguanas West for the UNC in 2010 and ILP in 2013 proves this. Problem is that the UNC is not a national party - absent in Tobago, no real footing in POS South, Laventille East-Morvart and Laventille West. I would like Jearlean John to be political leader and Vasant as deputy. If Mikaela comes back, better yet but she would not once Kamla is around. The Hindu dominance, although still a force in the party has lessened over the decades.

Vasant and Mariano are smart and would like them to be leaders of their respective parties but they don't have that grassroots connection (too smart). Vasant has a higher chance of being political leader if Kamla does not go up for re-election. Vasant, Devant and even Mikaela knows the grassroots will put back Kamla and they would only have a chance if she walks away. UNC is suffering the same problem now as in 2007. Back then the party couldn't see beyond Panday, now they can't see beyond Kamla.

Brian is gunning for leadership obviously but he's picking his spots. He doesn't like Rowley but he knows Rowley is leaving in 2025 (or sooner is something happens like a snap election).

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 27th, 2020, 8:35 pm

Once they put an economist up as PM he getting my vote. As, imo, in 2025 we will need an economist to help guide us out of a potentially large mess as: we may have less HSF funds due to the need to cover budgetary shortfalls due to the fall in energy prices; energy prices not likely to recover until maybe 2024 (I say that as the vaccine is planned I think to be given to only the high risk in a population in 2021 so you could expect that full immunization may only be achieved by 2022/2023 and its only when global leaders like the US and China get back ramping up production will oil prices recover and off course they need full manpower to do so); our development would have stagnated as it would be unwise to pursue capital expenditure programs (like roads and bridges) when our main source of foreign exchange is down (in other words i believe the government would direct capital expenditure funds to programs that could generate foreign exchange, i think they already discussed three new hotels (which is stupid as tourism is dead in the water imo)); we would be coming out of or still in deflation (i think the latest inflation figures are very close to 0 and with the emphasis on precautionary saving it is likely that we will head into deflation which is a whole next fiasco), etc. But we shall see.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 27th, 2020, 8:47 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
elec2020 wrote:If Kamla wins and Rowley stays UNC may lose the next GE. If Rowley goes and Kamla wins i can see UNC wining the mext GE as PNM does not have a likeable replacement for Rowley.

They have two very good contenders, Stuart Young and Brian Manning.

Young, despite my criticism of him, is quite smart and would make a good leader. Brian is a fairly bright guy as well, but I do not think Rowley and his backers will like him taking control.

These are the scenarios I foresee for 2025:

Stuart vs Kamla - PMN win
Brian vs Kamla - PNM win
Stuart vs Vasant - UNC win but tight race as they both appeal to the swing undecided voters
Brian vs Vasant - UNC win
unknown PNM vs unknown UNC - ??? perhaps UNC, once Kamla or someone in her cabal is not leader UNC will most likely win

Keep in mind race still plays a big part. Although progressive, putting a non-black leader over a "black party" will cause tension especially among the grassroots. There are many pnmites who don't like Stuart because he came into the party "juss so" and "just d other day" while a lot of grassroots who in the party for decades and capable afro candidates who won their seats got side stepped. Loyalty (blind?) and race is what kept the party together. Stuart, Imbert, etc knows that there are many pnmites who don't like them but will vote for party above all else.

UNC is more capable of putting a non-indo at the helm and pulling it off. Jack Warner could have been the next political leader of the UNC if he didn't fall from grace with the FIFA bobol. Winning Chaguanas West for the UNC in 2010 and ILP in 2013 proves this. Problem is that the UNC is not a national party - absent in Tobago, no real footing in POS South, Laventille East-Morvart and Laventille West. I would like Jearlean John to be political leader and Vasant as deputy. If Mikaela comes back, better yet but she would not once Kamla is around. The Hindu dominance, although still a force in the party has lessened over the decades.

Vasant and Mariano are smart and would like them to be leaders of their respective parties but they don't have that grassroots connection (too smart). Vasant has a higher chance of being political leader if Kamla does not go up for re-election. Vasant, Devant and even Mikaela knows the grassroots will put back Kamla and they would only have a chance if she walks away. UNC is suffering the same problem now as in 2007. Back then the party couldn't see beyond Panday, now they can't see beyond Kamla.

Brian is gunning for leadership obviously but he's picking his spots. He doesn't like Rowley but he knows Rowley is leaving in 2025 (or sooner is something happens like a snap election).

Fairly good analysis there man, although Jack is an exception to the rule in UNC.

Jerlean is good, but I can't see the UNC base rallying behind her. Both the UNC and PNM base live in very closed circles where they barely interact or have close friends of the other race.

However, Stuart being a non-indo and having a father who was a hardcore PNM (so he won't really be called a newcomer) can be the leader of the PNM. PNMites have gotten used to having all important ministries run by 'whites'.

As of now, there is no black person in the PNM other than Penelope and Brian who are candidates for leaders. Fitzgerald is a waste of time, that will never work out. Amery is good too but too meek to be a leader.

20 years ago, Vasant would have been far less popular in the UNC, however, most of the UNC bass would support a 'knife and fork' Indian, especially if he brings back Mikela and a couple of other Panday stalwarts (which he will once they aren't too old)..

Roodal is a wild card though, even up to now, with me knowing so many people inside of the UNC I don't know where his true allegiance lies.

There were rumors that the UNC cabal Facebook page was run by someone he knew.....so time will tell.

Another wild card is Philip Alexander who is trying to create a growing force so that the UNC will have to join with PEP to win the election.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 27th, 2020, 8:52 pm

Phillip has some good points but he pushing to much divisive politics. Its time for that too stop if we really serious about moving forward. Einstein "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 27th, 2020, 9:03 pm

Dear new members and new applicants to be members ( especially lifetime membership not ordinary members) of the UNC please remember that when your phone rings, regardless of who you are supporting when asked you are supporting Team Kams, anything else and your application will be denied

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » October 27th, 2020, 9:10 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:20 years ago, Vasant would have been far less popular in the UNC, however, most of the UNC bass would support a 'knife and fork' Indian,

nah. Lewwe BE REAl. BE REAL. Nobody wants a "knife and fork" to be leader. The meaning of 'knife and fork' is to describe persons being inauthentic, fake, out of touch. All of those words describe Vasant. He will get unceremoniously thrown out of the UNC on December 7. That I can guarantee.

Devant or Kamla will win. Two horse race.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 27th, 2020, 9:13 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:20 years ago, Vasant would have been far less popular in the UNC, however, most of the UNC bass would support a 'knife and fork' Indian,

nah. Lewwe BE REAl. BE REAL. Nobody wants a "knife and fork" to be leader. The meaning of 'knife and fork' is to describe persons being inauthentic, fake, out of touch. All of those words describe Vasant. He will get thrown out unceremoniously on December 7. That I can guarantee.

Devant or Kamla will win. Two horse race.

Vasant is not inauthentic, fake, out of touch....he is far more in touch with the UNC bass than most in the party.......he is not Biden. Kamla is the one who is inauthentic, fake, out of touch.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » October 27th, 2020, 9:33 pm

Vasant was trying some pre-recorded interviews on 106.5 morning program after the budget. It was pretend-live, meaning it was make to seem live but it was a prepared program. Did you happen to hear it? That "interview", while it did raise some good points on the budget, came of as the definition of inauthentic, fake and out of touch.

Vasant is trying a thing, poorly. In his mind he is a savior, in reality he taking a shot at the King and going to miss. After this election, nobody going to want him.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 27th, 2020, 9:38 pm

paid_influencer wrote:Vasant was trying some pre-recorded interviews on 106.5 morning program after the budget. It was pretend-live, meaning it was make to seem live but it was a prepared program. Did you happen to hear it? That "interview", while it did raise some good points on the budget, came of as the definition of inauthentic, fake and out of touch.

Vasant is trying a thing, poorly. In his mind he is a savior, in reality he taking a shot at the King and going to miss. After this election, nobody going to want him.

Yea I did listen, didn't perceive it be inauthentic at all.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 28th, 2020, 6:33 am

If it boils down to Kamla, Devant and Vasant, the fight would be between to kamla and vasant...if tanty win again......great is the pnm until 2030

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » October 28th, 2020, 8:36 am

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 28th, 2020, 8:39 am

What about Ramona? She was very vocal leading up to and shortly after the GE.
I can see Moonilal going up with KPB blessings.
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:If it boils down to Kamla, Devant and Vasant, the fight would be between to kamla and vasant...if tanty win again......great is the pnm until 2030

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 29th, 2020, 3:27 pm

Dave wrote:What about Ramona? She was very vocal leading up to and shortly after the GE.
I can see Moonilal going up with KPB blessings.
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:If it boils down to Kamla, Devant and Vasant, the fight would be between to kamla and vasant...if tanty win again......great is the pnm until 2030

Prolly choking on sour grapes :lol: At least Devant had the balls to jump in the ring.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 29th, 2020, 3:45 pm

Let unc hash out they moras now. Sort out the BS, drink up thr puncheon, bring out the blade. Wo ahfds go hospital go, who hadda make a jail fix up.

Let them use this time, sort out who is hwo, and who remain to build back a more structured and cohesive synchronized orgsnization.

All this setta jep and ants holding them back.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 29th, 2020, 3:53 pm

Interested in seeing Vasant's slate, hearing rumours of Fazal Karim and Bhoe joining him.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 29th, 2020, 4:46 pm

I think its time for Bhoe to leave.
Vasant has the cache to bring new qualified blood....bring a slate that is centrist and progressive,

Whats the point of bringing a 'deep yellow' crew that appears extreme UNC and then would have a tough time in a general election.

If they want to win the GE they need to be palatable to the swing and the light reds.

Cant do that if they push a hardcore tillah ded crew.

Modern mixed youngish but experienced in professional pursuits.

enough with career politicians

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 29th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Redman wrote:I think its time for Bhoe to leave.
Vasant has the cache to bring new qualified blood....bring a slate that is centrist and progressive,

Whats the point of bringing a 'deep yellow' crew that appears extreme UNC and then would have a tough time in a general election.

If they want to win the GE they need to be palatable to the swing and the light reds.

Cant do that if they push a hardcore tillah ded crew.

Modern mixed youngish but experienced in professional pursuits.

enough with career politicians

:lol: :lol:
You're not from this planet are you?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 29th, 2020, 5:19 pm

:D no im from Point Fortin.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 29th, 2020, 5:25 pm

Redman wrote::D no im from Point Fortin.

Expected from the area that elected a man who stole an old, mentally incapable old man, and was then forced by a US court to hand it back over. All this with nary a word from the "morality in public affairs" hypocrite JUHN Scarfy.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 29th, 2020, 5:49 pm

sMASH wrote:Let unc hash out they moras now. Sort out the BS, drink up thr puncheon, bring out the blade. Wo ahfds go hospital go, who hadda make a jail fix up.

Let them use this time, sort out who is hwo, and who remain to build back a more structured and cohesive synchronized orgsnization.

Bro is one set of Red goverment latrine supporters that digging in UNC affairs. Right here on tumer in this chead full ah dem.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 29th, 2020, 5:55 pm

zoom rader wrote:
sMASH wrote:Let unc hash out they moras now. Sort out the BS, drink up thr puncheon, bring out the blade. Wo ahfds go hospital go, who hadda make a jail fix up.

Bro is one set of Red goverment latrine supporters that digging in UNC affairs. Right here on tumer in this chead full ah dem.

be it so, the party should be sound enough that it would not get any traction.
watch pnm, that is the quintessential stalwart party. no external influences could do any ting to get them off course. all their troubles are internal, or with the law.
unc or any party for that matter, should have committed members that what ever their personal grouse is, will not take chain up from outside people to buss down the party

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 29th, 2020, 6:47 pm

Re the Ramona question, she has hitched her wagon to Vasant

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » October 29th, 2020, 7:01 pm

Devant in papers today say he doesn't want a split vote. So if Vasant goes up, Devant would not contest.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 29th, 2020, 7:34 pm

paid_influencer wrote:Devant in papers today say he doesn't want a split vote. So if Vasant goes up, Devant would not contest.

Devant would be working with Vasant then.

Kamla called this election early so that Vasant would have limited time to sway the members.

It's that in the last 2 days, youth officers, and other Kamla members have been harassing UNC constituency members to pledge support and saying things like, "we can't let an outsider take over the party", or that Vasant has some drug men or PNM financers.

They definitely worried.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”