Forums

Taxis still profitable? where?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Taxis still profitable? where?

Postby sMASH » May 24th, 2018, 6:24 pm

If u wanna get stuck in the line and let all the other h and ph men hustle Ur passengers away.. Then no, it isn't a hustle.

It have realll mens on the road... Is a hustle!

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 24th, 2018, 6:42 pm

bluefete wrote:So If you travel with an Uber "P" car and it gets into an accident - are you, the passenger, covered?

Yes .

It is the law.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 24th, 2018, 7:28 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
bluefete wrote:So If you travel with an Uber "P" car and it gets into an accident - are you, the passenger, covered?

Yes .

It is the law.

Which law? When did they pass it?

And does that now mean that if I travel with a PH driver, I am covered if there is an accident?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 24th, 2018, 7:52 pm

bluefete wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

Yes .

It is the law.

And does that now mean that if I travel with a PH driver, I am covered if there is an accident?

No

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 24th, 2018, 8:42 pm

eliteauto wrote:Taxi badge requirements include
A medical certificate
A certificate of character
A regulations and driving test

After you get it you're required to renew every three years which requires another medical certificate and certificate of character. If your vehicle is registered H you'll need to be inspected at licensing annually.

Thank you

fouljuice
Shifting into 6th

Postby fouljuice » May 25th, 2018, 4:25 am

So If you travel with an Uber "P" car and it gets into an accident - are you, the passenger, covered?

Just say the driver is 'meh bredrin'

Op have you considered a local "fake taxi"?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 25th, 2018, 4:50 am

RedVEVO wrote:
bluefete wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

Yes .

It is the law.

No

read ur insurance for the P car, see what is covered and whats not

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 25th, 2018, 11:51 am

sMASH wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
bluefete wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

Yes .

It is the law.

No

read ur insurance for the P car, see what is covered and whats not

Also .. Ask the insurance company for the " what covered contract " ..

It is usually not given until you ask for it .

Work_to_own
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Work_to_own » May 25th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Uber has a million dollar insurance coverage for passengers through guardian general I believe.

https://www.uber.com/en-TT/blog/trinida ... s-insured/

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 25th, 2018, 4:44 pm

Work_to_own wrote:
Uber has a million dollar insurance coverage for passengers through guardian general I believe.

https://www.uber.com/en-TT/blog/trinida ... s-insured/

Thank you.

So Uber is breaking the law (by transporting passengers in "P" registered cars for hire) but getting insurance to do so as well.

Only in T&T.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 25th, 2018, 7:10 pm

uber standing liability for the infractions... until they decide not to.

uber is still ph, so is nothing new. try ph and see how it working out. if u like it, just get an 'H' and u can still do uber.

the easier money is with jobs any way. uber is more flexible way to link jobs.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 25th, 2018, 11:46 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:
christopherwilliams2 wrote:make sure to install CNG if it is a whole lot of driving.
Or he could buy a hybrid

What happens when you have to buy a new battery for over $40,000 after a few years?

CNG will not have this issue and costs half the price of Diesel.

I see lots of people buying the Toyota Aqua Hybrid and its even going for $60K RORO I assume its so cheap because no tax on Hybrid. But at foreign used how long that battery will even last?

I feel the CNG is the best bet, but its really hard to find used CNG cars for around $60K and less

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 26th, 2018, 12:39 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
christopherwilliams2 wrote:make sure to install CNG if it is a whole lot of driving.
Or he could buy a hybrid

What happens when you have to buy a new battery for over $40,000 after a few years?

I see lots of people buying the Toyota Aqua Hybrid and its even going for $60K RORO I assume its so cheap because no tax on Hybrid. But at foreign used how long that battery will even last?

I feel the CNG is the best bet, but its really hard to find used CNG cars for around $60K and less

Wrong mindset, firstly first gen Prius are on our roads over 12 years now and still going so dismiss that argument. Secondly if you're going hybrid the choice of vehicle should be influenced by the route or jobs you intend to service. Fro example a Prius or Aqua would do well with in-city Uber type jobs where you're conveying persons with very little loads/luggage there are several chicks doing that currently in POS. The Prius wagon makes a decent taxi with some trunk space for luggage, between your purchase price savings and fuel savings you should be pooling those savings to offset whatever maintenance issues you encounter long term. Apply a business mindset not a hustler one

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » May 26th, 2018, 1:03 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Or he could buy a hybrid

Well when passengers have load he will lose out as some routes charge extra for trunk space. Remember when men used to say no to fuel injected....with that mindset better you walk

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 26th, 2018, 1:56 pm

eliteauto wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Or he could buy a hybrid

Wrong mindset, firstly first gen Prius are on our roads over 12 years now and still going so dismiss that argument. Secondly if you're going hybrid the choice of vehicle should be influenced by the route or jobs you intend to service. Fro example a Prius or Aqua would do well with in-city Uber type jobs where you're conveying persons with very little loads/luggage there are several chicks doing that currently in POS. The Prius wagon makes a decent taxi with some trunk space for luggage, between your purchase price savings and fuel savings you should be pooling those savings to offset whatever maintenance issues you encounter long term. Apply a business mindset not a hustler one

interesting I think you make a very good point there with that one, I like most people have been looking at it from the wrong mindset.

Since the RORO Aqua / hybrids are only 4 years old and exempted from Tax it will actually be more profitable I did some research and you are right, battery technology in hybrid cars are incredible compared to things like smartphones etc. And I read that in most cases it is just 1 cell that goes bad and you can just buy it for $39 on Amazon and replace it.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » May 26th, 2018, 4:30 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Or he could buy a hybrid

A battery for smaller hybrids are nowhere near that cost. eBay has batteries at less than 1/4 of what you quoted, used yes, but significantly cheaper nonetheless.

CNG is nice yes but we've heard about the very limited range they have before you need to refill and you're required to use gasoline only until you do so, as opposed to having electric motors that are used instead of your ICE at low enough speeds and that have the ability to recharge the battery thus adding significant range according to your driving style. Also, call me paranoid but I'm not a huge fan of those CNG tanks behind me.

You know you can retrofit a CNG kit into just about any vehicle you own right?

I see you corrected yourself in your most recent post, but still I had some counterpoints.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 26th, 2018, 5:14 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Or he could buy a hybrid

CNG better than Hybrid.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 26th, 2018, 5:17 pm

eliteauto wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Or he could buy a hybrid

Good advice.

* highlighted Red only *

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 29th, 2018, 10:17 am

IMG_20180529_095532.jpg

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » May 29th, 2018, 12:09 pm

sMASH wrote: IMG_20180529_095532.jpg

Not trying to cheat the system but just for information. I know there are some tax exemptions on licensing a vehicle 'H'. Are these exemptions applicable alongside the exemptions for the hybrid vehicles, like can someone qualify for both sets of breaks or is it one or the other? Disclaimer: Yes, I know the Prius, being a 1.8L engine doesn't qualify for the hybrid exemptions.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » May 31st, 2018, 10:05 pm

lol@ $ driving taxi

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”