Admin

Re: New Commissioner of Police (CoP) appointed, Gary Griffith

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 31st, 2018, 12:28 pm

TTPS asks "What is Fixin T&T's real agenda?"

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 31st, 2018, 12:48 pm

MaxPower wrote:Well duhh they will trace the phone...

But them Penal bush C dont know better.

so 999 not anonymous like 555 - i guess it same policy like 911 in d US- i hope they trace calls like rape and robbery in progress and respond immediately. i cud tell allyuh they now start to use the GPS to dispatch teh closest police car to a crime scene

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 21st, 2019, 3:47 pm

so i see on fb fixin T&T beatin up about gary wearing camo .... dem eh have nothing more important to do

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/lo ... tZPJLktpd8

Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith is responding to concerns that the camouflaged outfit he is wearing on duty, is in violation of the police dress code.

Griffith says that he and officers of specialized units of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) have not violated the police uniform.

Griffith noted today’s Trinidad Express report on the camouflage issue.

He said the wearing the kit on several high risk operations and exercises does not constitute a violation, as is the claim of certain detractors.

“Having said that, the CoP is not surprised that these detractors would be making attempts to focus on what he wears instead of the job he continues to do by effecting strategies within the Police Service to secure this country. Therefore, “while the country is asking the police to reduce crime, certain entities continue to focus on what I wear, while criminals are focusing on disrupting the lives and safety of law abiding citizens and threatening peace, law and order.”

Griffith said that days after encouraging certain arms of the media against glamorizing persons of interest by giving them prominence, several polls were conducted and the vast majority in every poll agreed that the media should be careful against sensationalizing and glamourizing and to providing balanced articles.

police uniform
“It is apparent that instead of exhibiting maturity and accepting these recommendations, certain entities intend to “prove a point”, as if to say no one must tell them how to do their jobs including the public, even though this is what they do to others on a daily basis. The very next day to prove its point, the Trinidad Express blasts a headline story about a person of interest, who faces over 20 charges, including sexual and other offences. The Express glamorizes his concern, and his excuses for his own lifestyle, by blaming the police and others for his own actions” he said.

Regarding the concerns raised by secretary of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service and Welfare Associaiton Anand Ramesar, Griffith said: “one wonders whether he is speaking on behalf of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Social Service and Welfare Association (TTPSSWA), or himself, as the Commissioner is not aware that the Association held any such meeting to discuss this matter.

As a matter of fact, the TTPSSWA is fully aware that certain units in the TTPS have worn camouflage for decades. It must be noted that MultiOptional Police Section (MOPS), have worn this uniform for over 20 years; and there was never a concern by Anand Ramesar, who now has a concern. Additionally, it is the same TTPSSWA that submitted requests for digital camouflage uniforms to be worn. His comments are now very mischievous. The Police Uniform Committee has also submitted and recommended this uniform; and to further clarify, one would note that when the CoP wears the kit, he doesn’t wear it with police insignia or markings”.

Griffith also responded to the comments of what he described as a “one man” activist group, Fixing T&T. “It seems their way to Fix T&T is to send releases about the CoP, by sending over 23 releases at an average of one per week for the last six, the latest release being about the Police Red Alert. Fixing T&T continues to refuse to state who else he represents or who he is speaking on behalf of. However, in spite of his attempts at constant distractions, the TTPS and the wider population has noted that the Red

Alert strategy has yielded positive results, by ensuring that for the first time in over a decade, not one shot was fired in any hot spot community in this country. He seems disturbed about this”.

police uniform
He said: “I have been briefed that there are very strong forces that would use all arms to try to deflect my focus on doing my job; and they would come from all avenues. I therefore ask members of the public to be conscious of these actions by different elements and you have my assurance that I will not be swayed to the sidelines to deal with their irrelevant attempts to adhere to their agendas.”

He said: “If my critics have become that desperate to the point that this is the irrelevant matter that they want to talk about and also to put as a front page story, then I know that I am on the right track in performing my duties. Do not focus on what I wear, while I put my life on the line, instead, be a part of the solution by avoiding sensationalism and glamourizing criminals.”

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 21st, 2019, 3:57 pm

He could wear a purple tie-dye jockey for all I care. Once he killing dem pests daily. He need to send down orders to buss their chest with 5.56mm, or buss their head with a baton before they reach the station.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 21st, 2019, 4:20 pm

Gary still needs to take less chain up from Waithe, as he seems particularly sensitive in that respect.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » February 21st, 2019, 4:26 pm

So hard to say.....keep at it...we go tackle the camo issue in a timing?

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » February 22nd, 2019, 7:16 am

maj. tom wrote:He could wear a purple tie-dye jockey for all I care. Once he killing dem pests daily. He need to send down orders to buss their chest with 5.56mm, or buss their head with a baton before they reach the station.
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 22nd, 2019, 9:24 am

he not taking chain up, he just maximizing the the air time he getting, he know he could talk.

PNM start their 2020 election campaign already... GG using this as his spring board. which party will he join, pnm, back to unc, or the third force with his wife, or just run independent....

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 22nd, 2019, 10:07 am

I have been saying this for a while now.

sMASH wrote:he not taking chain up, he just maximizing the the air time he getting, he know he could talk.

PNM start their 2020 election campaign already... GG using this as his spring board. which party will he join, pnm, back to unc, or the third force with his wife, or just run independent....

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 22nd, 2019, 10:41 am

he found a couple kidnap victims, good. one of them pollinais, is ah lil suspec to me for the legitimacy.
so apart from that, what going on? road block, stop and search.
the man pull out the le hunte fella one time and lambaste the police and media for saying that he pull him out, goebbels young ex step daughter, millions of dollars in cocaine bubble down to a few pong ah weed,

PEA lobby for him to get the ACIB directly under his purview, lets see if he can actually get some big fish,,, prominent establishment big fish, like marlene or kunilal or warner...
the cocaine that passes through this place tends to be nearing the billion dollar value... per shipment. start to pull up on that and the people on the top of that, and then yes, ur work doing.

until that,, road block and stop and search banton!!

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 22nd, 2019, 11:03 am

maybe this particular camo uniform is to differentiate d special force from d regular police

we all heard of criminals wearing police colored clothes so when special force on a mission & adrenaline pumping its easier to tell who apart in a split second without watching who face in blue clothes ....

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » February 22nd, 2019, 11:14 am

Dont understand what the beat up is over his uniform- hes doing his JOB!
As for waithe or whatever he forking name is- why doesn't he mind his own business and do whatever hes supposed to do.
Or is there an underlying story there? rumour around the place is that some time back in the day Ah certain man bool somebody gyal and the childish jealously/hatred has never stopped. But as they say dat is rumor...…...

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » February 22nd, 2019, 11:18 am

sMASH wrote:he found a couple kidnap victims, good. one of them pollinais, is ah lil suspec to me for the legitimacy.
so apart from that, what going on? road block, stop and search.
the man pull out the le hunte fella one time and lambaste the police and media for saying that he pull him out, goebbels young ex step daughter, millions of dollars in cocaine bubble down to a few pong ah weed,

PEA lobby for him to get the ACIB directly under his purview, lets see if he can actually get some big fish,,, prominent establishment big fish, like marlene or kunilal or warner...
the cocaine that passes through this place tends to be nearing the billion dollar value... per shipment. start to pull up on that and the people on the top of that, and then yes, ur work doing.

until that,, road block and stop and search banton!!

No he didn't, don't give credit where it isn't due. The CoP made that request for transfer long before PEA started his social media tirade, it has been discussed in the media long before the 19th

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 22nd, 2019, 11:28 am

^^me iz not aware... since how long?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 22nd, 2019, 11:33 am

The issue was mentioned by the DPP back in January (and times before but went unnoticed), THEN editorials, amcham, and others began to support the DPP's idea. PEA lobbied yes but it didn't start with him.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 22nd, 2019, 11:59 am

sooo, other people make a fuss. but is when phillip start to e-bray, then it get moved? noice!!!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 24th, 2019, 9:49 pm

Gary Griffith talks on the Morning Show with Tweez

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 25th, 2019, 4:46 pm

man eh easy

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » April 15th, 2019, 4:52 pm

Well the impact of our new COP seems to be waning as the murder toll in our country continues.
A sense of hopefulness is quickly being replaced with despair and disappointment.
Today T&T just isn't a place with too many smiling faces.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 16th, 2019, 1:12 pm

Soooo, the rescue of pollinais, the fone track down, and the road blocks, stop and search wasn't enough peorformance?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 16th, 2019, 1:26 pm

The only thing I think he should have done-but has not is to establish how the performance of the TTPS and by extension the CoP is to be measured.

What are the metrics, measurables and KPIs.

Publish every month.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 24th, 2019, 11:27 am

The last four minutes...

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » April 24th, 2019, 11:58 am

People need to stop hurting Gary feelings. Allyuh go make de man cry.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 24th, 2019, 1:02 pm

vaiostation wrote:People need to stop hurting Gary feelings. Allyuh go make de man cry.

now u kno one of d reasons why almost every other CoP avoided cameras and the media as much as possible

not saying he should be that way, but he don't hadda be in the public eye so every minute

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 24th, 2019, 1:52 pm

It would appear the honeymoon overring

Hope he is able to ketch a mr big

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » April 24th, 2019, 2:30 pm

ultron wrote:There are no strings on me....

Ultron might have been able to capture the 'bigs'...

Snyper
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Snyper » April 24th, 2019, 3:41 pm

He's another failure in the making Puppet Griff

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » April 24th, 2019, 5:48 pm

This seems to be a very unfortunate turn of events.
The reference to the former COP wasn't necessary and a combative nature is certainly going to fuel more media rebukes.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”