Seaboard CMRC Competition: 24.Jun.2018

Postby stikid09 » June 11th, 2018, 7:46 pm

35548169_10156082619933961_6914861221590073344_o.jpg

Tickets now on sale at:

link
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Seaboard CMRC Competition: 24.Jun.2018

Postby link » June 15th, 2018, 2:01 am

TWO days of competition.....BOTH Saturday & Sunday.........

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 20th, 2018, 10:04 am

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 21st, 2018, 10:12 pm

stikid09
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby stikid09 » June 27th, 2018, 10:38 am

Saturday Coverage

Gill stars as FBIR welcomes the Caribbean for CMRC

It was an afternoon of triumph for Marc Gill and the Mobil 1 sponsored Honda civic asthey mopped the floor with the competition in the group two class of the second Round of the Seaboard Marine Caribbbean Motor Racing championships (CMRC).
Gill, a former group two champion was untouchable in the opening round of the race weekend on Saturday as he romped from pole to flag to get his CMRC 2018 campaign off to a winning note.

Speaking to TriniTuner.com, he said, “Its been a rough beginning of the year, trying to get the car dialled [in]. I was actually trying till 3 O Clock his morning sorting out the brakes on the car because we had some issues with it but we did good in qualifying and I knew we had a chance of coming on the podium.”

Gill posted a 44.106 second time to pip countryman Justin Sanguinette (44.358) for the top spot, with Mark Williams (44.534) and defending champion, Barbados Mark Thompson (44.570) all hot on his heels but his first race was anything but close.

“The car is dialled in there so I guess there is nothing to touch on the car. Coming out tomorrow [Sunday] same attitude, to win and see if I can get that 75 points wrapped up so see if I could do a second CMRC Championship.”

Gill was not the only ray of sunshine on the overcast afternoon in Arima, as Ronald Wortman and the Honda Civic crew got the better of reining group three champion Paul Vieira and his Mazda Rx7.
Before that though, they were all at the mercy of Kristian Boodoosingh and the Spartan branded Honda Civic who had imposed a sizable lead with just over half the race gone.
He had earlier posted a qualifying time of 39.640 seconds to eclipse the rest of the field, Wortman finishing second best in the session with a 41.156 and Vieira a 43.170.
However mechanical issues forced “Boodoostig” out and left the win for Wortman who nursed his Civic home ahead of Vieira and Marc Mohamed.
Things were not as bright for hometown hero Franklyn Boodram who had to settle for second with Guyanese Mark Vieira drawing first blood.

After starting fifth on the grid, Boodram carved his way up the pack and eventually got to third, embroiling himself in a battle with Guyana’s Andrew King and his Mazda Rx7; a battle which he eventually won on the closing stages of the race.
He said, “I ordered tyres out of Italy from Michelin and I was informed about a week and a half ago that the tyres were discontinued.

Unfortunately, I’m running on old tyres. [my] front tyres are like four years old and my back tyres are at least two years old. So I am losing about seven-tenths of a second a lap. I really would turn flat 40’s or 39.9, just around there.”

“Still, im grateful for the result, I started practically last qualified at 41.6 which was a terrible time and we got it down in the 40’s this race but I guess that’s the adrenaline rush,” he added.

Boodram also finished second in the group five behind Mark Maloney and his SR3 Radical.

On the two-wheel end of things, Keil Abrahams had the perfect start but could not hold off the fight of Team Mohamed’s Matt Truelove who eventually won the first of the CMRC Super Stock race.

Truelove out-qualified the pack with a 40.632 second time and Abrahams was impressive with a 41.651 second time for the second spot on the grid with Matthew Vieira third with a 42.170.

And while Truelove lost time on the start, Keil was able to capitalise and get ahead quickly, leading for three laps before surrendering the lead to Truelove.

Keil contended, “The guy [Truelove] is really fast and the bike is really planted. I tried but he overtook me on the last corner of the second lap and I was holding on to him on the straight and I tried to brake with him on the first corner and I sort of ran wide and from that lil gap he had, he expanded it.”

HE contended that the team Trinidad is eager to show the Caribbean what they can do, with Nicholas Gonzalves having an incident on the final lap after an enterprising ride to third.
In the group one, Aqeeb Ali won ahead of Aslim Ali and Steve Hossain. Races continue today from 09:00.

Sixteen year old Isa Deen was in good form as he provided some much needed competition during the inaugural SR3 Radical Caribbean cup. Deen battled the Barbadians, being a constant thorn in their sides until a bit of contact and inexperience saw him spin on the entrance of the hairpin. He managed to restart and finish fourth after battling through two cars with the laps diminishing quickly.

stikid09
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby stikid09 » June 27th, 2018, 10:40 am

T&T hosts the first round of the Radical Caribbean SR3 Cup (RCC)

Stuart Maloney of Barbados is the early leader of the Radical Caribbean SR3 Cup (RCC), following two race wins in last weekend’s (June 23/24) opening round at the Frankie Boodram Wallerfield International Raceway in Trinidad & Tobago. Honours were shared, however, as the new regional series launched: Maloney’s brother Mark established the Qualifying Record for the 1.4-kilometre track, while hometown teenage sensation Isa Deen claimed the Race Record and an impressive maiden victory on his SR3 debut.

The first of four rounds of the RCC, which caters for the Suzuki-powered Radical SR3 SR running to the same rules that have prevailed in Barbados since 2015, ran alongside the Seaboard Marine Caribbean Motor Racing Championship’s (CMRC) second round, organised by the T&T Automobile Sports Association (TTASA). After Friday free practice, Saturday’s programme included Qualifying and Race 1, with two more races on Sunday.

Familiar with the track layout from previous CMRC outings in his Mazda RX-3, Mark Maloney’s pole position did not come as a surprise, as the rest of the six-car field dialled themselves in to either a new venue or, in the case of 15-year-old Deen, a new car. Even so, times were close, Maloney’s 40.310s establishing the SR3 Cup Qualifying Record within a second of the CMRC Group 4 pole time (39.580s) set by Guyana’s Mark Vieira (Mazda RX-8), who was also back in SR3 Cup action for the first time in two years. Maloney’s brother Stuart was just four-tenths adrift, with Vieira, Suleman Esuf of Barbados and Deen all within 1.3secs of the pole time; unusually off the pace was multiple SR3 Cup Champion Sean Maloney, who had issues with visibility all weekend.

>>>Read more<<<

stikid09
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby stikid09 » June 27th, 2018, 10:41 am

Isa Deen: A name to remember

For the past couple of local race meetings at Wallerfield, my eyes were caught by a young man driving a Group 1 Honda Civic. Not only was he going so fast that people were questioning the legality of his car (myself included), but I could not help but notice his excellent race craft and impeccable, unflustered driving. Consistently precise lines, late braking – but not too late – and early power application out of the turns showed him up against the competition. Each lap, going through the twisty back section of the circuit, he would close on any car ahead and pull away from any behind. He really caught my attention. To me he appeared to be driving beyond his relatively limited experience.

At yesterday’s T&T round of CMRC 2018, my conviction of his special talent was cemented during the final Radical SR3 race of the day. The rain had left a layer of water on the track surface not long before the start and despite my already formed opinion of his ability, I figured he’d do well to just keep up with the very experienced competition or even to not spin in the conditions. After all, the only car I was aware of that he ever raced was the front-wheel-drive Civic. The Radical was a very different animal, with rear-wheel-drive and a much better power-to-weight ratio.

As the lights went out, he didn’t get a good start. In fact he was basically left at the start line for a few seconds while everyone raced off. When he finally got going he was very much in last position. During the next fifteen laps, all those present at Wallerfield were presented with a display of astonishing driving. Lap after lap he was consistently doing the quickest times in the race as he closed in on and picked off the competition, one by one. Again he was visibly faster than the others, especially in that curvy back section of track, continually pulling away from those behind and closing on those ahead. All the cars looked a bit skittish on exiting the final corner onto the straight, but his more so because of how hard he was pushing it. A final pass on the leader and he then proceeded to pull away from the pack, eventually finishing half the main straight ahead of second place. It was a magnificent drive and total domination. This in his first weekend of racing a Radical. This young man has a bright future as a racing driver.

His name? Isa Deen. Remember it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”