I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: TATT wants to regulate Android boxes

Postby fatboy slim » June 13th, 2018, 5:11 am

true dictatorship in t&t

MYVEC
Ricer

Postby MYVEC » June 13th, 2018, 5:15 am

Trust me, TATT who is an institution separate from the government will succeed in squeezing the Android box users... They don't need to tax the boxes heavily... All they need to do I allow the sanctions that tell internet providers that these sites on the android boxes are pirate and can be stopped, and the internet providers will simply block the sites in their back-ends... Job done!

Similar to when digicel blocked whatsapp I believe it was for an entire day... The blocking is very easy to accomplish, rendering all the android boxes in the field useless.

Yes new sites will pop up to use on the boxes after the sanctions are in place, but would one buy a box for $700 with the hope that they will get it to work... No!

And that's what TATT will try to accomplish i.e. stifle the android box market into submission. And there is nothing illegal about them doing this because no one can truly stand up officially for illegal content, which is what Android boxes really are.

madd
3NE 2NR for life

Postby madd » June 13th, 2018, 5:47 am

The_Honourable wrote:If is not criminals that want to rob you, is the state that want to tax you.

Can't have nice things in T&T.

We getting rob all over . What next? They tax the air we breathing ?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Tatt weighing android box ban

Postby 88sins » June 13th, 2018, 5:52 am

“There is a new free kid in town - the Android boxes, you never have to pay another monthly fee in your life, you are getting something fully loaded, all red flags if somebody is offering you that,” Pantin pointed out.
“Piracy oftentimes goes hand in hand with illegal activities such as drug trafficking, weapons, money laundering that affects the country,” he said, adding piracy is not the “victimless crime” that many believe it is.

First issue tho, funny thing , watching movies on android boxes isnt piracy, it actually more like sharing.
Because one thing that MUST occur for an action to be labeled piracy is that consideration must be exchanged, the supplier of the content must receive gain from the sale of the content to the buyer without having legally bought the content or obtaining permission to redistribute it for such gains. So if I stream a movie by connecting to a host that allows me to freely do so, if piracy has occurred it's at the host side of the equation. Let them try to stop that first.

so, dem vex ppl get smart & no longer wiling to pay for TV & vex about lost revenue? hard luck. The answer to their problems is they hadda both up their game, & lower their rates. $3000/yr is too much to pay to watch d same sheit over & over & over on flow/dtvTV.

So, lewwe say they ban android boxes, then what next? Hadda ban smart TV's too, because they can have apps installed to do the same as an android box. ok, next, ban tablets, cell phones, computers, laptops, notebooks, etc. Ban anything with a screen & an android os or that can be made to use an android app.
Then we would have nothing to watch cable on or surf d web on anyway, so they could now rent us a tv & a computer, in addition to their cable box & assorted packages. Score the ultimate dream for the local tv cartel.

MazdaSpeed50
Riding on 13's

Postby MazdaSpeed50 » June 13th, 2018, 5:57 am

Too long have we the ppl took the sheit that these TV companies make us pay for. Android boxes and freedom for life. Give us better content or non at all.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 13th, 2018, 6:02 am

FLOW probably makes most of their money on cable subscriptions for ZeeTV anyway. Because who in their right mind would want to watch local cable in low def full of spanish and shitty local ads???? You could get HD straight from the Studio's app/Netflix/Hulu with subscription fee and VPN.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » June 13th, 2018, 6:48 am

We're already paying for the Internet service used by the Android box. What exactly do they want payment for???

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » June 13th, 2018, 6:57 am

Allyuh doh give dem any ideas nuh. Next thing you know they authorize ISPs to block streaming services forcing people to go local...:|

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » June 13th, 2018, 7:03 am

MYVEC wrote:Trust me, TATT who is an institution separate from the government will succeed in squeezing the Android box users... They don't need to tax the boxes heavily... All they need to do I allow the sanctions that tell internet providers that these sites on the android boxes are pirate and can be stopped, and the internet providers will simply block the sites in their back-ends... Job done!

Similar to when digicel blocked whatsapp I believe it was for an entire day... The blocking is very easy to accomplish, rendering all the android boxes in the field useless.

Yes new sites will pop up to use on the boxes after the sanctions are in place, but would one buy a box for $700 with the hope that they will get it to work... No!

And that's what TATT will try to accomplish i.e. stifle the android box market into submission. And there is nothing illegal about them doing this because no one can truly stand up officially for illegal content, which is what Android boxes really are.

Allyuh giving dem fellas ideas...:|

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 13th, 2018, 7:07 am

Tatt has technical knowledge of what to tell the providers to filter on their routers

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » June 13th, 2018, 7:09 am

more importantly, TATT should ask FLOW to improve the HD quality of CNC3 before anything else....(WC coming up)

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » June 13th, 2018, 7:34 am

Just now they go say yuh breathing too much of d 1% air and they taxing yuh oxygen.

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » June 13th, 2018, 7:49 am

MYVEC wrote:Trust me, TATT who is an institution separate from the government will succeed in squeezing the Android box users... They don't need to tax the boxes heavily... All they need to do I allow the sanctions that tell internet providers that these sites on the android boxes are pirate and can be stopped, and the internet providers will simply block the sites in their back-ends... Job done!

If they are an institution separate from the government as you say, how then can they get laws and sanctions approved to make this move?
Peal away all the smoke and mirrors and you'll find that this move is government initiated.

jahs0ldi3r
Trinituner Peong

Postby jahs0ldi3r » June 13th, 2018, 7:57 am

Nothing for the masses! If it cuts into the income/profit of the 1%, then that's a problem.

Plain and simple!

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » June 13th, 2018, 8:23 am

16 cycles wrote:more importantly, TATT should ask FLOW to improve the HD quality of CNC3 before anything else....(WC coming up)

TATT should enforce that Trinidad is a primary ENGLISH speaking country and we shouldn't have to put up with all this Spanish sh1t!

Wasn't it the peenem that said some years back - to WATCH more TV????

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » June 13th, 2018, 8:42 am

I wonder if deze goat-ballz garglers realize, that if they decide to play d ass wit ppl & try to tell the public what they can have from not have, that ppl have an alternative, done away with it altogether. Yuh doh dead without tv or internet. With DirectTV if rain falls hard, signal cuts out. Rain doh even hadda fall, just a good breeze will thoroughly screw up whatever you viewing. So, you paying for a service that you could only watch properly on days with no rain & almost no wind. So, they provide a shitty service, & complain about losing revenue when people wise up & drop dey arse for better quality with no monthly charge, & expect the national regulating body to support them. Only in this mud-hole of a country, would the regulatory body agree with the corporations instead of safeguarding the public interest that they are mandated to protect by regulation.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » June 13th, 2018, 9:02 am

Sundar wrote:We're already paying for the Internet service used by the Android box. What exactly do they want payment for???

This! Those idiot Directors clearly telling the public that their best revenue stream is cable TV, streaming is not enjoyable with a slow connection! Therefore persons who want to enjoy streaming will need to take more than the lowest available speed, what is the increased revenue due to this? Apart from that, are they certain that the major contributor to the loss of revenue is not the recession and increasing rates? This is easier to prove rather than trying to predict android box sales or relating streaming via android box to internet usage which would include gaming and youtube!
People have been downloading movies and selling pirate copies for over 15 years now, no big effort was made to stop that. Streaming would have definitely reduced the level of piracy IMHO! BTW, this was in the news back in 2015

"However, DIRECTV said it was “very concerned” that TATT had remained silent on the continued piracy by Flow of US cable television services"

Source: http://archives.newsday.co.tt/2015/03/1 ... ow-piracy/

Oh and OP, there is another thread on this already.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » June 13th, 2018, 9:08 am

So would this extend to APPLE tv boxes? or will everyone jump on the apple bandwagon - LOL

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » June 13th, 2018, 9:27 am

If the cable companies are losing money to broadband then why not... raise the price of broadband?

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » June 13th, 2018, 9:32 am

Broadband prices have been increasing over the years, FLOW just had ANOTHER increase a few months ago.

If they get through with this "ban" they will be milking the public on two fronts: Cable TV and Internet...:|

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » June 13th, 2018, 9:41 am

Trinis are great at innovating though. Every time one form of piracy gets shut down or harder to use we already know the next step to take and there's an easy transition.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 13th, 2018, 9:45 am

Finally upgraded from ADSL to Broadband recently, now this!!

Good thing I don't watch much TV nah.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 13th, 2018, 9:52 am

Tunnel bear!

Fir some reason the bay of pirates off line these past couple days.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 13th, 2018, 10:01 am

Even if it can be done, I would like to think TATT can't tell ISPs juss so what website or links to block from the population as there must be a court order to do so?

Plus we don't have the legislation yet to block sites. I remember last month Flow had to tell a joint select committee on the Cybercrime Bill the issues of blocking websites.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » June 13th, 2018, 10:11 am

Blocking sites?

What is this? China? Iran?

Thought this was a free country!

rondellakacrash
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rondellakacrash » June 13th, 2018, 10:16 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
pugboy wrote:Most ppl amazon fire stick now though

well all Android based devices can run the same software needed to access these pirated streaming channels and movies.
Exactly better they ban using all Android phones....lol this country is a joke

rondellakacrash
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rondellakacrash » June 13th, 2018, 10:17 am

All TATT is concerned about is lost revenue for providers. You really think its about piracy? Greedy mofos

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 13th, 2018, 12:37 pm

teems1 wrote:Blocking sites?

What is this? China? Iran?

Thought this was a free country!

except if it's illegal/coppyright content they would be justified

anyway VPNs ftw

infinite_RPM
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby infinite_RPM » June 13th, 2018, 12:51 pm

The popular devices are used to stream content–sometimes illegally

Lol are they targeting legal streaming services as well?

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » June 13th, 2018, 4:29 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:So would this extend to APPLE tv boxes? or will everyone jump on the apple bandwagon - LOL

Paid subscription. It’s not the same

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”