Forums

Cadiz denies boat contract collusion

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Cadiz denies boat contract collusion

Postby shogun » June 19th, 2018, 6:01 pm

Former Works Minister Stephen Cadiz is accusing both Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley and Finance Minister Colm Imbert of “dragging” his name “through the mud, and he is now exploring all his options after allegations made on a political platform against him and his family in Barataria on Thursday night.

Speaking to the Guardian Media yesterday, Cadiz said he had a “31-year reputation” in his business to “guard and I really and truly took umbrage to my name being called on a political platform when there is absolutely no merit in what was said.”

Finance Minister Colm Imbert, who first raised the issue, said he had asked National Infrastructure Development Company (Nidco) for a report on the water taxis and was told that initially Trintrac was retained to maintain the engines, but that contract eventually went to a Venezuelan Company SVF International.

“Out of the blue a Trinidadian company join up with SVF, and made a company called SVF Trinidad and Tobago, they were the local agents to service the water taxis since November 2014.”

Imbert named Tropical Power as a company which Cadiz had founded, saying a red flag had been raised by Nidco “with respect to the company that has been maintaining the water taxi engines since November 2014 because Cadiz was Minister of Transport between September 2013 and 2015 and was, therefore, the line Minister for the water taxi service at the time when SVF Trinidad and Tobago, a joint venture, was formed.”

Cadiz admitted that the company which he founded is a shareholder with SVF but he said as far as he is aware there was no contract between SVF and any government agency as was claimed by both Imbert and the Prime Minister.

He said, “As far as I am aware all work is done on a call-out basis, on a job by job basis, therefore they are free to use any service company they would want to use.”

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2018-06- ... -collusion

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Cadiz denies boat contract collusion

Postby RedVEVO » June 19th, 2018, 6:21 pm

Cadiz has some explaining to do ?

Distraction for core supporters .

PNM Election 2020 start .

Blame game all over .. again :roll:

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » June 20th, 2018, 11:43 pm

What?? Where the usual tuner bobologists that quick to bray and pretend they're all about calling out potential corruption? :lol:

Point proven.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 21st, 2018, 12:41 am

Well if Cadiz confident, sue them. They said it outside of parliament privilege, court documents will expose if it is true or not.

I expect as elections gets closer, more files will buss. The question is if it is true or not.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 21st, 2018, 6:13 am

The_Honourable wrote:Well if Cadiz confident, sue them. They said it outside of parliament privilege, court documents will expose if it is true or not.

I expect as elections gets closer, more files will buss. The question is if it is true or not.

The PNM will pelt enough sheit in the hope that something sticks, after all their gullible, and low IQ base took Emailgate hook, line and sinker.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 21st, 2018, 6:31 am

imps chose his words carefully when he said it though
it might not win in court.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 21st, 2018, 3:07 pm

If allyuh only know, eh!!!!

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » June 21st, 2018, 4:25 pm

bluefete wrote:If allyuh only know, eh!!!!

Well then post up or shut up, kyaker.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » June 21st, 2018, 10:43 pm

shogun wrote:Former Works Minister Stephen Cadiz is accusing both Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley and Finance Minister Colm Imbert of “dragging” his name “through the mud, and he is now exploring all his options after allegations made on a political platform against him and his family in Barataria on Thursday night.

Speaking to the Guardian Media yesterday, Cadiz said he had a “31-year reputation” in his business to “guard and I really and truly took umbrage to my name being called on a political platform when there is absolutely no merit in what was said.”

Finance Minister Colm Imbert, who first raised the issue, said he had asked National Infrastructure Development Company (Nidco) for a report on the water taxis and was told that initially Trintrac was retained to maintain the engines, but that contract eventually went to a Venezuelan Company SVF International.

“Out of the blue a Trinidadian company join up with SVF, and made a company called SVF Trinidad and Tobago, they were the local agents to service the water taxis since November 2014.”

Imbert named Tropical Power as a company which Cadiz had founded, saying a red flag had been raised by Nidco “with respect to the company that has been maintaining the water taxi engines since November 2014 because Cadiz was Minister of Transport between September 2013 and 2015 and was, therefore, the line Minister for the water taxi service at the time when SVF Trinidad and Tobago, a joint venture, was formed.”

Cadiz admitted that the company which he founded is a shareholder with SVF but he said as far as he is aware there was no contract between SVF and any government agency as was claimed by both Imbert and the Prime Minister.

He said, “As far as I am aware all work is done on a call-out basis, on a job by job basis, therefore they are free to use any service company they would want to use.”

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2018-06- ... -collusion

Does the guardian know what collusion is?
Anyway, if the person could do the job and be competitive, and those responsible adhere to the best practices of transparency, accountability and value for money..... then there is no issue IMHO. Hopefully we could get some financial data soon.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » June 22nd, 2018, 4:55 am

^They prolly meant both companies allegedly colluded to defraud taxpayers?

Hmmmm. Some getting heated/defensive, others becoming unusually diplomatic. Interesting.

Wondering If these very same circumstances were to be uncovered about Tuners most "popular" current office-holders, if they would be given the same courtesy? Rhetorical question, BTW. No need for a reply. The answer is yours to keep. :lol:

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 22nd, 2018, 9:31 am

Surprised this thread still around. Given the alleged in this case son on Tuner and big in the dance.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » June 22nd, 2018, 2:42 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Surprised this thread still around. Given the alleged in this case son on Tuner and big in the dance.

So I have two conclusions here:
1. you believe that "Tuner" "big in the dance" members will exercise unfair censorship for the sake of protecting themselves from fair criticism
2. you believe that the alleged has "no cocoa in the sun" hence, the reason that the thread is still here.

I always thought Mary King was demonized too much though. This election tactic does more harm than good IMHO.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 22nd, 2018, 2:49 pm

airuma wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Surprised this thread still around. Given the alleged in this case son on Tuner and big in the dance.

So I have two conclusions here:
1. you believe that "Tuner" "big in the dance" members will exercise unfair censorship for the sake of protecting themselves from fair criticism
2. you believe that the alleged has "no cocoa in the sun" hence, the reason that the thread is still here.

I always thought Mary King was demonized too much.
1 because a post of mine was removed in 2012 concerning same individual when he was Min of Trade. Typical newspaper article no worse than what passes of in threads these days. Request for removal had to have come from somewhere.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 23rd, 2018, 11:14 pm

If Cadiz has done something illegal/fraudulent, then he must be made to account, simple as that.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 23rd, 2018, 11:29 pm

De Dragon wrote:If Cadiz has done something illegal/fraudulent, then he must be made to account, simple as that.

no.
just ra ra ra on stage, and hear whistle and horn blow, some bell ring, and see the flags throw.
bear in mind, the only time the water taxis came into the news, was when PNM try to run it to tobago, and mash up sumting,, i think an oil line blew.

the reason why u dont hear about them, is cause they working and working well.

PNM want to dig up on the water taxis.. well, sea farers, gears up to take the bus

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”