Forums

Tyre Balancing

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maxtech
Street 2NR

Tyre Balancing

Postby maxtech » June 20th, 2018, 12:12 pm

1.So I purchased 4 tyres for my vehicle and the guy telling me, he only have to balance the front tyres alone...WTH....I said, dude I'll pay you to balance the two in the back. 2. I purchased tyres in the past at another Tyre shop and the gentleman there is telling me that the yellow and red Dot on the Tyre don't mean anything and that he still have to balance it anyways........Could someone enlighten me please, is this the normal practice in Trinidad and Tobago. Just do WTF we want.

Advertisement
Musical Doc
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Tyre Balancing

Postby Musical Doc » June 20th, 2018, 1:31 pm

Many of those tyre shops say the front only has to be balanced. I eventually learnt this is total bs, because one time I bought tyres and the back weren't balanced and I was getting vibrations so I ended up going to 2 tyres shops an rebalanced the front tyres, not knowing the problem was the back. After I got the back balanced, the car ran smooth again. I always make sure I get all 4 balanced now. Regards to the dots, it it supposed to be lined up to the valve stem, but it will still need balancing. One lined up to the stem it will take less weights than if it wasn't lined up.. These tyre shops need to get their sheit together...

*KRONIK*
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby *KRONIK* » June 20th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Musical Doc wrote:Many of those tyre shops say the front only has to be balanced. I eventually learnt this is total bs, because one time I bought tyres and the back weren't balanced and I was getting vibrations so I ended up going to 2 tyres shops an rebalanced the front tyres, not knowing the problem was the back. After I got the back balanced, the car ran smooth again. I always make sure I get all 4 balanced now. Regards to the dots, it it supposed to be lined up to the valve stem, but it will still need balancing. One lined up to the stem it will take less weights than if it wasn't lined up.. These tyre shops need to get their sheit together...
Correct is right.
They does try that "only the front" things to save on weights. Usually the tire price includes the install and balance.
So if they only do 2 front, they save on 2 sets of weights.

MaxPower
Shifting into 6th

Postby MaxPower » June 20th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Bro what brand tyre is it

*KRONIK*
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby *KRONIK* » June 20th, 2018, 6:27 pm

MaxPower wrote:Bro what brand tyre is it
If is racetrac
Most likey is one of these: sailun/nitto/achilles

Rovin's Audio
Riding on 16's

Postby Rovin's Audio » June 20th, 2018, 6:37 pm

i went thru this at another top tire shop yrs ago - "yuh doh bong to balance d back only d front" ... i tell dem nah i want all 4 balanced

mudass dem lazy & trying to save on cost of weights

i feel some of dem tire shops dunno what d dots on tires are for ... if they eh know they cuda jes google it

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » June 21st, 2018, 9:41 am

last time i bought tyres got all balanced and new valve stems also. they just trying a shot dey. it would be obvious that all tyres would need balancing

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 21st, 2018, 10:35 am

They do that a lot.
Seen it at several tyre shops, I always ask and pay for the rear to be sorted.

airuma
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby airuma » June 21st, 2018, 12:38 pm

Usually they balance all four then place the best two in the front from my experience.

j.o.e
punchin NOS

Postby j.o.e » June 21st, 2018, 12:40 pm

Never seen this nonsense. But I dare a tyre shop to try it with me

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”