Forums

Tyre Balancing

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maxtech
Street 2NR

Tyre Balancing

Postby maxtech » June 20th, 2018, 12:12 pm

1.So I purchased 4 tyres for my vehicle and the guy telling me, he only have to balance the front tyres alone...WTH....I said, dude I'll pay you to balance the two in the back. 2. I purchased tyres in the past at another Tyre shop and the gentleman there is telling me that the yellow and red Dot on the Tyre don't mean anything and that he still have to balance it anyways........Could someone enlighten me please, is this the normal practice in Trinidad and Tobago. Just do WTF we want.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Tyre Balancing

Postby Musical Doc » June 20th, 2018, 1:31 pm

Many of those tyre shops say the front only has to be balanced. I eventually learnt this is total bs, because one time I bought tyres and the back weren't balanced and I was getting vibrations so I ended up going to 2 tyres shops an rebalanced the front tyres, not knowing the problem was the back. After I got the back balanced, the car ran smooth again. I always make sure I get all 4 balanced now. Regards to the dots, it it supposed to be lined up to the valve stem, but it will still need balancing. One lined up to the stem it will take less weights than if it wasn't lined up.. These tyre shops need to get their sheit together...

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 20th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Musical Doc wrote:Many of those tyre shops say the front only has to be balanced. I eventually learnt this is total bs, because one time I bought tyres and the back weren't balanced and I was getting vibrations so I ended up going to 2 tyres shops an rebalanced the front tyres, not knowing the problem was the back. After I got the back balanced, the car ran smooth again. I always make sure I get all 4 balanced now. Regards to the dots, it it supposed to be lined up to the valve stem, but it will still need balancing. One lined up to the stem it will take less weights than if it wasn't lined up.. These tyre shops need to get their sheit together...
Correct is right.
They does try that "only the front" things to save on weights. Usually the tire price includes the install and balance.
So if they only do 2 front, they save on 2 sets of weights.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 20th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Bro what brand tyre is it

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 20th, 2018, 6:27 pm

MaxPower wrote:Bro what brand tyre is it
If is racetrac
Most likey is one of these: sailun/nitto/achilles

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 20th, 2018, 6:37 pm

i went thru this at another top tire shop yrs ago - "yuh doh bong to balance d back only d front" ... i tell dem nah i want all 4 balanced

mudass dem lazy & trying to save on cost of weights

i feel some of dem tire shops dunno what d dots on tires are for ... if they eh know they cuda jes google it

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » June 21st, 2018, 9:41 am

last time i bought tyres got all balanced and new valve stems also. they just trying a shot dey. it would be obvious that all tyres would need balancing

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 21st, 2018, 10:35 am

They do that a lot.
Seen it at several tyre shops, I always ask and pay for the rear to be sorted.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » June 21st, 2018, 12:38 pm

Usually they balance all four then place the best two in the front from my experience.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » June 21st, 2018, 12:40 pm

Never seen this nonsense. But I dare a tyre shop to try it with me

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 24th, 2019, 8:13 pm

wait wait, wait. I bought 4 new tires and installed today at Brantec Chaguanas and the man only balanced the front two. Obviously i had to pay for the weights by the ounce, so i don't know why they didn't balance the rear tires as well. Steups, and i now reading on the internet how that is utter BS!! The thing is how they tell me to sit in the ac waiting room and read something, or else i would have never seen what they did and didn't do. Going back tmrw.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 24th, 2019, 9:39 pm

They did all 4 for me last year. I was very impressed with the service actually. Very strange what they did. I even got a water bottle last year.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » April 25th, 2019, 6:53 am

i pick up a big screw in aranguez and stop next to a tyre show that sells shoes and them charge $30 to plug a tyre yes. jus last year was $20. i does wonder if them men doh believe dat god watching and the more they rob the more them or dey chirren go loss.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 25th, 2019, 9:06 am

Called Brantec and the girl said they only balance the front 2, unless the customer specifically requests the back to be balanced as well. From what i'm reading on several car websites, once a new tire goes on the rim it must be balanced, no matter the position on the car. So if you don't know that, Brantec screwing you with safety. I doubt they would pull this on people who knows this kind of technical stuff from experience. Overall the service, price, experience and everything else was fine, but come nah man...what they trying to save here? The policy is that the customer has to pay for the weights anyway $7/oz.

So bottom line, as long as a new tire goes on the rim, make sure the installer balances it. No BS, halfway thing.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 25th, 2019, 9:25 am

Bought 4 tyres at Wheel Wizard in Jan.
They balanced the four and changed valve stems all for the advertised price of the tyre.

My sister bought tyres in Massy ACL sale last month and not only did she pay to balance, they also charged to dispose of the old tyres.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 25th, 2019, 9:36 am

Tyre clinic charges for disposal also.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 25th, 2019, 11:12 am

allyuh doing like people could go UTT for a tyre shop course... lol. usually is the bush machyanic son does get wuk in tyre shop.

feeling the urge to make a big scenes on fassbook, that all tyres need to be balanced on a vehicle. just spread the word and let people get accustomed to asking for it, till they expect it as part of the tyre purchase.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 25th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Problem resolved. The owner himself talked to me and said that the techs were supposed to balance all tires. He called the tech and asked for an explanation. Then he offered to balance the back tires at no cost for the weights, and recheck the front ones.

1000% satisfied with Brandtec and their prices. Would recommend. Got 4 new 2019 Bridgestone Turanza ER300 on the sale and I am pleased with the warranty offered as well. Don't let tire shops BS you with this balancing issue.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 25th, 2019, 2:01 pm

^^ that's what I know!
Good deal on those Bridge stones and the warranty also is a nice incentive. I got the Firestone's last year.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » April 25th, 2019, 2:22 pm

I do balancing and it is correct that all 4 should be balanced when installing new tyres. You'd be surprised how many small shops do not balance any.

Don't talk about FU tyres. Tyre men change them like jockey shorts and never balance.

Any tyre should be balanced if removed from the rim.

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » April 26th, 2019, 10:25 am

Unlimited Tyres on the old southern mainroad has great service and knows about balancing all 4 tyres.

When you buy 4 new tyres from them, expect balancing, new stems and alignment free of charge.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”