One way street...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

fokhan_96
Chronic TriniTuner

One way street...

Postby fokhan_96 » July 22nd, 2018, 6:08 pm

Question.
When exiting a two lane, one way street, which lane do you stay on if going straight across? I know if you turning right you stay on the right lane, and if you turning left you stay on the left lane. But what if you going straight across ? Do you stay in the middle of the road like some trinis...

Advertisement
nick639v2
Riding on 16's

One way street...

Postby nick639v2 » July 22nd, 2018, 6:23 pm

Depends on the street.. if it has a right of way left then i stay on the right, vice versa.
If not i does just drive in the middle of course, cuss everybody or play i changing station till light turns green

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: One way street...

Postby Dizzy28 » July 22nd, 2018, 6:37 pm

Left lane??
Seeing as we supposed to keep left at all times (mostly)

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » July 23rd, 2018, 1:54 am

^^not sure but as above I would stay in the left lane too unless it it otherwise indicated within the lane or signage (arrows etc).

think of the situation where you on a 2-lane one way street and reach the lights/solid white line- if you want to go straight over and the road you want to go across to is a two-way street, by being in the left lane you are already in the correct position to go straight ahead and be in lane you need to be in.

If in the same situation you were in the right land you would need to potentially push across to get into the correct lane (unless you want to drive head first into another car)- taking into consideration how badly people drive & lack of consideration for anyone but themselves it would probably be safer to just stay in the left lane.

Those people who stay in the middle lane just cant drive- they may be able to get a car from point A to point B with them in it, but still cant drive and should learn to do so before they are let out on the public roads.

hong kong phooey
18 pounds of Boost

Postby hong kong phooey » July 23rd, 2018, 9:40 am

Logically you stay in the right lane as the right. This will allow people going left to continue flowing/merging into traffic flowing in their direction .
People in the right lane had to wait until they have a clearing in both lanes to proceed, regardless if turning right or going straight across.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 23rd, 2018, 11:07 am

hong kong phooey wrote:Logically you stay in the right lane as the right. This will allow people going left to continue flowing/merging into traffic flowing in their direction .
People in the right lane had to wait until they have a clearing in both lanes to proceed, regardless if turning right or going straight across.

This is what I do.

The_Honourable
30 pounds of Boost

Postby The_Honourable » July 23rd, 2018, 11:43 am

It depends if the street opposite is two-way or one-way, and where the cars are turning on the street you are on. If the street opposite is two way, most times you stay on left so you can easily drive across. Here is where the tricky part comes in.

Do vehicles on the street you are on turn left? right? or both? Because you don't want to be on the left and while you getting ready to drive across, a vehicle next to you want to turn left, or you are on the right wanting to drive across and the vehicle next to you want to turn right. If the street you are on the cars turn left and right, stay on your left to go across because vehicles turning left have to stay on the left while vehicles turning right must stay on the right. What you might encounter here is a driver who figure one side long with traffic would want to overtake so while you driving across or turning, you see a vehicle in the review mirror want to overtake you or jam up on your back bumper when merging.

RedVEVO
punchin NOS

Postby RedVEVO » July 23rd, 2018, 1:17 pm

If you driving a Benz or Audi you drive in the middle ..

If you driving a Tida you drive on the right .. even on a 2 way

not_a_monkey
Street 2NR

Postby not_a_monkey » July 23rd, 2018, 3:18 pm

If it's a two lane, being in the middle will be a traffic violation, right? I'm honestly asking.

ruffneck_12
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby ruffneck_12 » July 23rd, 2018, 5:39 pm

Stay on the lane closest to the lane across the road?

Either lane should be fine though, If you're on the right lane, it won't inconvenience anyone going left on the left lane, and vice versa

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”