Street 2NR

forklift certification

Postby shem1996_ » July 26th, 2018, 11:09 am

Can anyone tell me where I can obtain this and the cost to do it

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Re: forklift certification

Postby screwbash » July 26th, 2018, 9:18 pm

i dont know the name of the place or how much it cost but it is located by the triangle b chase village fylover heading to freeport side. it have eve anderson employment agency . as you turn onto the flyover to head to globe city continue to the triangle and make a left and you would see the place on the right. if u reach the chinee grocery bi li you gone too far. they teach you to drive crane and sheit. if i pass over the weekend i will see if i get a number.

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » July 27th, 2018, 9:24 am

Training and Logistics Ltd

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » July 27th, 2018, 2:11 pm

Common misconception that a forklift 'license' should be all someone needs to operate one.

Operators are supposed to be trained how to operate in the facility they will be working as well as for the specific type of unit they are going to operate.

Need to be made aware of specific hazards (ramps, racking, docks etc) and how to operate the unit safely.

Yes there are places that offer a forlift license but it really is an activity that should be performed at the employer's premises and the employer themselves are who are supposed to clear you to operate that type of machinery on their compound.

[/rant]

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » July 29th, 2018, 12:52 pm

pete wrote:Common misconception that a forklift 'license' should be all someone needs to operate one.

Operators are supposed to be trained how to operate in the facility they will be working as well as for the specific type of unit they are going to operate.

Need to be made aware of specific hazards (ramps, racking, docks etc) and how to operate the unit safely.

Yes there are places that offer a forlift license but it really is an activity that should be performed at the employer's premises and the employer themselves are who are supposed to clear you to operate that type of machinery on their compound.

[/rant]
Policy where I work stated you must be supervised for a minimum of 40 hours training and sign off from a manager of the department before we certify them as a driver

shem1996_
Street 2NR

Postby shem1996_ » August 4th, 2018, 9:57 pm

ronsin1 wrote:Training and Logistics Ltd
Will try them

shem1996_
Street 2NR

Postby shem1996_ » August 4th, 2018, 10:00 pm

pete wrote:Common misconception that a forklift 'license' should be all someone needs to operate one.

[/rant]
Yes but where I'm employed you need to be certified

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”