Forums

Murderer & Rapist Christopher Columbus

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Murderer & Rapist Christopher Columbus

Postby zoom rader » August 6th, 2018, 12:57 pm

De Dragon wrote:Shabaka Kambon is a misguided, unoriginal wannabe. If there was not an equally kantish movement in the US to remove all things Confederate, this imps would have been unknown. Even his father, with his balding head, rocking he Afro and beard, but this pretty boy wanna be anti-colonialist/imperialist looking like one of those anonymous faceless Avenue limers.

Kambon and others like him need a one way ticket back to their home land in Africa.

They never wanted to come here and so it is only fitting that this goverment should pay for their passage back to Africa and trini citizenship taken away.

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » August 6th, 2018, 1:23 pm

maj. tom wrote:A lot of history was written by white people when the whole "superior race" thing was never even a question...

Yes, the bigger picture about Columbus is now known. But he was the first human to embark on such a voyage of discovery and he should be remembered for that. And then let history books be re-written to accommodate the true story of the cruelty and injustice of post-discovery. Same with the histories of all colonial conquests. We have only been told one side of a story that affected human lives, populations and cultures.

And when was this supposed writing of history by whites before racial superiority?

Then you go on to make a totally wrong point about Christopher columbus being the first human to embark on such a voyage. This is just plain historical ignorance. Have you ever heard about Leif Ericson? who beat Columbus by 5 centuries. Or what about Africans who sailed to this world long before columbus. Please see they came before columbus by the historian Ivan Van SErtima...

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » August 6th, 2018, 1:31 pm

Daran wrote:Columbus wasn't as bad as people think. But still kinda bad. But you can't look back at history and use your present day moral compass to judge. Look at how many of you hate on homosexuals. I guarantee you your kids or grand kids will be ashamed you held those views.

Lots of people say the Europeans decimated the Amerindians. The truth is, the Spanish tired to rule through them. Normal warefare, not eradication and sub human treatment. Their concept of race was very different to us now. They thought that the natives looked different because of their diet and environment. Not because they were different people genetically. They thought if a European lived there and ate their diet, that they'd change into a native. They wanted to westernise the natives. Religion influenced their approach a lot. The two view points were either the native Americans were pure and without sin. Or the other was they were Satan's land. Either way, missionaries were needed.

In the end it was disease from the Europeans that killed out most of them. However, if you've been to central and south America you'd say plenty of natives who still live a similar culture and speak the language.

Also, while misguided as Columbus was, he was relatively smart and brave, a very ambitious pioneering person.

You are a next one in this thread who should go and read history, and develop some integrity so that you can understand what you are reading. Have you ever read the diaries of Columbus? Please read this link: Top 5 atrocities committed by Christopher Columbus: https://rapidcityjournal.com/lifestyles ... f887a.html

You try to go back on established historical record.. that the Europeans decimated the Amerindians... by blaming disease. Are you aware that in some cases disease was deliberately used to wipe out the natives peoples.. e.g infected blankets.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 6th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Yeah those explorers before, they knew where they went. They drew maps and then sent colonies of people after them to find those places to inhabit and start a civilization. You really think you alone read books and you alone know the history of the Caribbean eh?

Columbus was the first to embark on such a voyage of discovery, which is how we eventually came to be here. His intention was very different from the early explorers who didn't know ass where they were in relation to the rest of the world. Setting foot on a place without a map or means to return doesn't mean anything! That's not discovery.

A lot of history was written by white people before they questioned themselves about their own belief of racial superiority. Now that everyone knows this to be wrong, history can be accurately revised by all other peoples to determine the truth in history. Which is a current ongoing process. A plain example of this is the interpretation of Rudyard Kipling's "The White Man's Burden" in 1899 vs. the interpretation of it today. In 1899, Europe and white America firmly believed in their right to colonize the world in their image. It was not even a question among themselves that they were "superior" to the other races of earth. Now current historians can identify all the numerous atrocities that were washed over in history books in the name of that concept of civilization. Which is what I was saying here. That history books can now be written on the really bad things Columbus et al. did, in addition to the touted great things that were only written before.

Oh but do explain further how you alone have the clearest vision of the truth in this entire forum.

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » August 6th, 2018, 3:31 pm

There are several things wong about your post. I will just highlight one.

You talk about this supposed period before the European's sense of racial superiority... and you use the example of Kilpling's 1899 book.

Do you realise the 1899 is after the rise of the European Enlightenment, european slavery and the emergence of SCIENTIFIC RACISM? European racism started well before 1899... and Kipling was a product of racist European attitudes that started centuries earlier.

Two books i would recommend is Race and the Enlightenment: A Reader by Eze
and The Darker Side of Western Modernity by Walter Mignolo.

Both deal with European racism well before the period you mention.

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » August 6th, 2018, 3:43 pm

zoom rader wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Shabaka Kambon is a misguided, unoriginal wannabe. If there was not an equally kantish movement in the US to remove all things Confederate, this imps would have been unknown. Even his father, with his balding head, rocking he Afro and beard, but this pretty boy wanna be anti-colonialist/imperialist looking like one of those anonymous faceless Avenue limers.

Kambon and others like him need a one way ticket back to their home land in Africa.

They never wanted to come here and so it is only fitting that this goverment should pay for their passage back to Africa and trini citizenship taken away.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i agree

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » August 6th, 2018, 8:24 pm

TrinbagoMan wrote:
Daran wrote:Columbus wasn't as bad as people think. But still kinda bad. But you can't look back at history and use your present day moral compass to judge. Look at how many of you hate on homosexuals. I guarantee you your kids or grand kids will be ashamed you held those views.

Lots of people say the Europeans decimated the Amerindians. The truth is, the Spanish tired to rule through them. Normal warefare, not eradication and sub human treatment. Their concept of race was very different to us now. They thought that the natives looked different because of their diet and environment. Not because they were different people genetically. They thought if a European lived there and ate their diet, that they'd change into a native. They wanted to westernise the natives. Religion influenced their approach a lot. The two view points were either the native Americans were pure and without sin. Or the other was they were Satan's land. Either way, missionaries were needed.

In the end it was disease from the Europeans that killed out most of them. However, if you've been to central and south America you'd say plenty of natives who still live a similar culture and speak the language.

Also, while misguided as Columbus was, he was relatively smart and brave, a very ambitious pioneering person.

You are a next one in this thread who should go and read history, and develop some integrity so that you can understand what you are reading. Have you ever read the diaries of Columbus? Please read this link: Top 5 atrocities committed by Christopher Columbus: https://rapidcityjournal.com/lifestyles ... f887a.html

You try to go back on established historical record.. that the Europeans decimated the Amerindians... by blaming disease. Are you aware that in some cases disease was deliberately used to wipe out the natives peoples.. e.g infected blankets.

What you're remaining ignorant off is that's how war fare is. It is sad, cruel and unjust but humans of all races have been freaking each other over till today. History is then written by the victors. All I'm saying is that Columbus was the person responsible for a new age. We can't forget about him nor should we tarnish him entirely. It is important to understand the context of our history from all sides. That's why I always bring up the fact that Amerindians weren't as innocent as you'd like to believe. And slavery would never have happened if some African tribes didn't ally with the Portuguese. Learn your history, no one is truly innocent and no one is truly evil.

lovescience1234
Street 2NR

Postby lovescience1234 » August 6th, 2018, 9:11 pm

So many towns in the western hemishere are named after him ( probably Colombia the country) can’t rename all

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 6th, 2018, 10:36 pm

fatboy slim wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

i want to see, a mob of reporters interviewing them, and a sharp clear voice from the midst ask them " when do u plan to move back to africa?"

i want to see how they handle that.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 7th, 2018, 4:44 am

sMASH wrote:
fatboy slim wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

i want to see, a mob of reporters interviewing them, and a sharp clear voice from the midst ask them " when do u plan to move back to africa?"

I don't think any African nation will want to retake these trouble makers. Africa is funny as they will need to state what tribe they are from and would have to prove this.
So we are left with these misfits of people that claim tobe pro African but do nothing for Trini Africans.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 7th, 2018, 7:18 am

zoom rader wrote:
sMASH wrote:
fatboy slim wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

I don't think any African nation will want to retake these trouble makers. Africa is funny as they will need to state what tribe they are from and would have to prove this.
So we are left with these misfits of people that claim tobe pro African but do nothing for Trini Africans.

Trini Africans are NOT considered Africans in any African Nation .

And Tobago Africans are not even considered Trini Africans.

And they have no Ferry .

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 7th, 2018, 9:35 am

Winston Churchill had a gigantic role in starving the entire province of Bengal during world war 2.
Want to change the name of the highway as well?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 7th, 2018, 12:05 pm

this thread is really enlightening about the mindset of some tuners to say the least

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 7th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Waiting for comment from OP that the 3 ships that came here were Not the Nina, Pinta and the Santa MAria, but were in FACT LArry, CURLY and MOE !

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » August 7th, 2018, 12:17 pm

timelapse wrote:Winston Churchill had a gigantic role in starving the entire province of Bengal during world war 2.

I agree.
Ghandi also starved himself, rename the square.
Mandela is an ex convict.
Why we naming public spaces after them.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 7th, 2018, 6:29 pm

You cannot hate CC and be Christian. They go hand in hand. Burn the churches first to end the slavery

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 7th, 2018, 6:34 pm

rollingstock wrote:
timelapse wrote:Winston Churchill had a gigantic role in starving the entire province of Bengal during world war 2.

I agree.
Ghandi also starved himself, rename the square.
Mandela is an ex convict.
Why we naming public spaces after them.

PNM like the White Man.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 9th, 2018, 8:01 am

Just out of fassness, why we never named anything after Panday or Manning?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 9th, 2018, 9:42 am

timelapse wrote:Just out of fassness, why we never named anything after Panday or Manning?

Politicians too green jelly .

Manning was a visionary but Rolwee will attempt to ease his legacy - pure hate

Go POS and see how the vision exist today . But it did not continue with Rowlee .

Rowlee's vision is a fish market in Carenage and a non existent pair of Sandals in a dead Tobago .

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 10th, 2018, 12:25 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
timelapse wrote:Just out of fassness, why we never named anything after Panday or Manning?

Politicians too green jelly .

Manning was a visionary but Rolwee will attempt to ease his legacy - pure hate

Go POS and see how the vision exist today . But it did not continue with Rowlee .

Rowlee's vision is a fish market in Carenage and a non existent pair of Sandals in a dead Tobago .

And yet people were killing each other over them back in their day.Shows how important they really were. People in this country are a large flock of sheep that are consistently being ruled by wolves. Go figure, we like it so

red_dragon
Riding on 16's

Postby red_dragon » August 10th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Ripping down a statue and burning books

How is that gonna help Trinidad crime ? NO

Would we feel safe walking through every street in POS now ? NO

Tax gonna go down ? NO

What are these same people doing too help fight crime now ? NOTHING

Easy solution let them buy a one way ticket and go back to the mother land

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 10th, 2018, 5:08 pm

red_dragon wrote:Ripping down a statue and burning books

Tax gonna go down ? NO

Ripping down the statue is a history tingy :cry:

It tell of the lies we were fed at school :D

Like you have no idea of the atrocities of Europe ? :roll:

And where is the motherland ?

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » August 10th, 2018, 5:49 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
red_dragon wrote:Ripping down a statue and burning books

Tax gonna go down ? NO

Ripping down the statue is a history tingy :cry:

It tell of the lies we were fed at school :D

Like you have no idea of the atrocities of everyone? :roll:

And where is the motherland ?

Corrected

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 11th, 2018, 7:45 pm

It's time PNM & PM take down Chris's Statue and replace it with a Manning Statue .

Or a VS Naipaul Statue .

Damn chupacabra :puppydogeyes:

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » August 11th, 2018, 8:33 pm

CC is part of this country's history like it or not. Statue should remain.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 12th, 2018, 12:07 am

SR wrote:CC is part of this country's history like it or not. Statue should remain.

So if YOU are in a family and you are a rapist and a murderer you should remain within the family ? :D

Tear down the statue :!:

linton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby linton » August 12th, 2018, 7:37 am

RedVEVO wrote:
SR wrote:CC is part of this country's history like it or not. Statue should remain.

So if YOU are in a family and you are a rapist and a murderer you should remain within the family ? :D

But VS Naipaul is a hero?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 12th, 2018, 7:41 am

linton wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

But VS Naipaul is a hero?

Yes ..

Kinda like Thanos & Ant Man in Iron Man suit.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » August 12th, 2018, 10:33 am

RedVEVO
Where are your ancestors from amd what year did they come to trinidad?

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » August 12th, 2018, 7:11 pm

spanish again... all they good for is to destroy a country and now they reach trinidad ... crapaud smoke we pipe

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”