Who are they?

What do they do?

What's the catch?

What's their cost and who pays them?

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Re: ForenSys Trinidad & Tobago

Postby ProtonPowder » August 7th, 2018, 7:10 am

I had these same questions, and a friend of mine got into a small accident on the highway around chaguanas (they are fine now) and forensys happened to be passing by and dealt with them.

Apparently they take pictures/statements/evidence of what happened on the accident site and forward it to insurance companies for them to make a quicker decision with adustments and such. From what they themselves say, the insurance companies are the ones that pay forensys for services rendered because overall they help speed up and smoothen the process.

Me, i still skeptical. It supposedly costs you, the end user, nothing. But if you at fault and your premiums go up then you still end up paying for it in an indirect way.

JimmyP
Riding on 13's

Postby JimmyP » September 10th, 2018, 10:32 pm

I had an accident recently, the other party was insured by Beacon. Forensys were called a report was done. It was blatantly the other party fault.

The insurance companies decided against me, I was very upset and made some calls and spoke to some investigators and brokers.

Forensys is paid by Beacon, Beacon is a sponsor and a heavy promoter, just go to Beacoms website. Also it was hinted that the principal of Beacon has a vested interest in Forensys.

This is a conflict of interest, Beacon is paying them, they will always be biased towards them, and then you have the ownership conflict too.

Be careful when dealing with Forensys, they are not independent.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 11th, 2018, 2:47 pm

Forensys does not say who's right or wrong. They only supply the insurance company with the details surrounding the accident ,the data. The police would have been the ones who coded the accident and said you were wrong. Beacon is the bound by the police report and the adjuster's/investigator's report.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 11th, 2018, 3:14 pm

rspann wrote:Forensys does not say who's right or wrong. They only supply the insurance company with the details surrounding the accident ,the data. The police would have been the ones who coded the accident and said you were wrong. Beacon is the bound by the police report and the adjuster's/investigator's report.

I have been told by police officers 'it eh we job to say who right or wrong. We job is tuh take yuh report, and charge yuh if we in our investigations find yuh break de law'

I don't know what to believe now
Is the sky really green? Was that weed really just dried hibiscus? Was she lying when she said it was the best 2 minutes of she life?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 11th, 2018, 3:44 pm

Sometimes people give different versions of an accident. Sometimes both claim they are right. A senior policeman in the station codes the accident and they give an official stamped report. The investigator has to make sense out of this, but sometimes the police report is not quite correct and sometimes does not have to be adopted. The investigator advises the insurer what his findings are, and then it is left up to them to decide about payment. Forensys only gives details of the accident.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 11th, 2018, 3:52 pm

Did you and other party make station report or relied on forensys report ?

JimmyP wrote:I had an accident recently, the other party was insured by Beacon. Forensys were called a report was done. It was blatantly the other party fault.

The insurance companies decided against me, I was very upset and made some calls and spoke to some investigators and brokers.

Forensys is paid by Beacon, Beacon is a sponsor and a heavy promoter, just go to Beacoms website. Also it was hinted that the principal of Beacon has a vested interest in Forensys.

This is a conflict of interest, Beacon is paying them, they will always be biased towards them, and then you have the ownership conflict too.

Be careful when dealing with Forensys, they are not independent.

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » September 11th, 2018, 4:17 pm

i always wondered how they make their money.

JimmyP
Riding on 13's

Postby JimmyP » September 19th, 2018, 3:34 pm

Unless you are at the scene, the police, investigators and insurance company can only go by the information collected and reported.

In my case, fortunately for the other driver, certain pictures of tire marks were omitted despite me pointed them out. Only half the information was collected.

I was actually instructed by my own insurance company that I should NOT have cooperated, as Forensys has no right to be collecting data, and it predejuiced their position.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 19th, 2018, 3:51 pm

conflicting info on the site:
https://beacon.co.tt/customer-care/forensys/
his means that all private vehicle owners currently insured with Guardian General, Beacon Insurance, Massy United and Furness Anchorage are entitled to utilize this service free of charge, should they be in an accident or incident.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 8th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Gotta hand it to them.

B13 overtake and run into us. Bent the chassis with the impact and broke the right steering wheel end. Had to steer to safety with one wheel operational.

They arrived on the scene in no time. Orpouche illiterate and unrained cops deemed us wrong in the accident after taking statements and measurements (not sure what they measure because the accident wasn't there). Aksed me on more than one instance to admit liability. Not sure if the policeman or woman brushing with the B13 man.

By the time I got to my insurance to make the report, all documents submitted, everything in an order, we were deemed right and letter draft up to drop off by the B13 man insurance.

Service was 100 % professional.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 8th, 2020, 9:12 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

good to hear u ok ...

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 8th, 2020, 9:15 pm

If it went down any other way there would have been fatalities.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 8th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Lucky there was a camera there at that point and time. Invest in a dashcam. It would have paid for itself right there.

Forensys got access to the camera at that place and pulled the footage? They could do that? So they doing the whole investigation CSI and everything? Glad you came through ok in that.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 8th, 2020, 9:45 pm

I have a dashcam, but its on my PC desk :lol:

Assessed the damages and the crew as it happened. Switched off and pulled the battery poles.

Natives started getting on like...well...untrained natives. Probably was expecting some kind of panic to robb the vehicle but the guys stood guard.

Woman come out and asking who paying for her fig tree and bunch of fig which got cleared away. People asking if I can pass a breathalyser when I came out to see if the B13 man ok. He started to bawl how he want compensation for his car and look what happen to his car.

He seemed ok so next step is to take pics, look around for cams to ask for footage. One man refused to give but luckily there was a cam right in front where it took place. I politely asked and it was obtained. Presented it as evidence because natives insist the B13 man ok (he from the area) and well the police said the B13 man right so I should admit liability and make everything simple.

Really wanted the tiida man who was parked like a tun tun on the B13 man lane but the person across the road refuses to give footage and police ain't care to ask.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 8th, 2020, 9:50 pm

Forensys came by, took pics, collected docs, recorded oral statement and took a written statement from both parties. The dude came in a panel van, he was 100% professional, comforting and easy to talk to.
If you ask me, the police should have just been left out. They served no purpose, no communication skills whatsoever and no sense at all. Left the vehicles on the wrecker for two hours outside before coming out to take a look at them and let the wrecker go their merry way. All that time wrecker men time running and men bill going up. Thankfully the wrecker guy is a family member of mine so I had no issues with any bill, I prefer put $$$ in my family pocket.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » June 10th, 2020, 9:08 am

not all insurance companies recognize forensys
so still prudent to get as much information and photos as possible from your incident scene

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”